Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Nightpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Characters : [SC]Heatherberry| [TC]Vinecrawler | [SKC] Peatkit | [WC] Moosepaw | [R] Grub Jr
Clan/Rank : [H]T3 BT MC / T4 MC | [V]T5 Warrior | [GJ] T1 Rogue | [P] Kit | [M] Apprentice
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 4591

Nightpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Nightpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Nightpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptySun 9 Jun 2024 - 3:53

The moonstone glittered it's rainbow light across the walls of the otherwise dark cavern. It has been many a moon since she thought back to her own medicine cat apprenrice ceremony... The moment a familial bond between Burdockroot and herself had been solidified. Could Nightpaw be like a son to her, just as she had been a daughter to Burdockroot? Even a friend would do. To see past his name just as StarClan had. Her one green eye fell upon the anxious tom, a silence filling the air.

She hoped this new path would help him gain the confidence he needed and not cave in the face of unsightly visions or illnesses. She would need a steel hearted apprentice with room enough to love his clan.

She cleared her throat, "Just like your moonstone, you will be conversing with StarClan once more. Though this time you will need to pledge yourself to StarClan, and they will need to accept you as ShadowClan's newest medicine cat apprentice. I wouldn't worry about them rejecting you, before you think yourself into circles." She mused, blinking her one eye in an embarrassing attempt at a wink. "No matter what you dream of or who you speak to, know that they want you to be here. That I want you to be here. It seems the answer to your doubts of being a warrior have been answered, hm?" She stood, head tilting up and eye closing. "StarClan, I present you with the apprentice you have urged to stray from their original path, chosen to follow a new one lined with stars: the path of a medicine cat. Grant him your wisdom and insight so that he may understand your call in order to heal his clan in accordance to your will."

Her head swiveled back to Nightpaw, fluffy tail flicking towards the stone. "StarClan awaits you. Sweetest of dreams, Nightpaw. I will be here when you wake."

won't you shake a poor sinners hand?:

Nightpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony JPzjwJV Nightpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony JPzNeMg Nightpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony JGg2mwx Nightpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony JPzwPEb Nightpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony JPzwXQn

Nightpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony JcTsSP1  Nightpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony JcnAVnI Nightpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony JaZZNs4
click photos for profiles | sprites by Aspen!
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [N] Nightowl, [S] Smokeytimber, [F] Foxpaw, [Su] Sunbear, [T] Tortoise
Clan/Rank : [O] T5 WindClan Warrior, [N] T1 ShadowClan MC, [S] T3 ShadowClan Warrior, [F] WindClan Apprentice, [Su] T1 WindClan Warrior, [T] T1 Loner
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 433

PostSubject: Re: Nightpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Nightpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyMon 10 Jun 2024 - 1:55

nightpaw
His paws were trembling. He couldn't help but remember the last time he'd made this journey - he'd been alongside Heatherberry then, too. It hadn't even been that long ago, and yet his life was already changing. Whatever the medicine cat had seen during his warrior ceremony had set him on this path, and who was he to say no? If it was StarClan's will - if it'd been everything he'd been hoping for all these moons - why refuse it? If everything went wrong, it still would not be worse than dooming himself to a life of inferiority.

The Moonstone shone, proud and bright in the center of the cavern, and he found himself drawn to it like a moth to a flame. It was just as beautiful as the last time he'd seen it. Nightpaw glanced back at Heatherberry, as though unsure. Her one eye held something unreadable, but it was still reassuring - he'd been half expecting to find scorn and disappointment in that green gaze. No, there was actually a bit of fond amusement as she mentioned the impossibility of StarClan rejecting him. How did she know I was thinking that? It'd been keeping him up at night. Yes, a new path was exciting, but it'd be his luck that the vision was really meant to point Heatherberry toward someone else. Someone like Fernpaw or Hollowpaw - someone who make a more promising medicine cat.

I want you to be here. Her words would soften his aching heart if he'd let them. But even as the weight on his shoulders seemed to lessen, his brain swore it wasn't true. Nightpaw's ears twitched. He didn't have to listen to his doubt. Heatherberry didn't seem like a liar. "I think my doubts have been answered, yes. I never would've expected it'd all lead to this, though. What you said before, about being born with different skills? I...think I get it." I think we have more in common than I'd realize. He didn't say the last part aloud - it felt too mushy. He blinked, a moment's hesitation keeping his words at bay per usual. "Thank you, Heatherberry. I...want to be here. It'd be an honor, truly." His green gaze softened, though they glimmered with appreciation and affection. He meant every word. Even if he didn't know her too well yet...it would be an honor. And he'd very much like to know her. StarClan knows I could use a friend. Or anyone to look out for me. His parents had never seemed to care.

He closed his eyes as she closed hers, his ears pricking slightly as she recited the words that so many before him had heard. How many cats had walked this path before? Could he ever hope to make them proud? Silence fell, and his eyes slid open to meet Heatherberry's eye once more. He dipped his head, made his way to the stone, and crouched down. Hello? StarClan? He pressed his nose to the stone as he had only a half moon before, and this time the chilling sensation that spread slowly through his veins wasn't as much of a shock. A deep sleep fell over the tom, pulling him away like the warmest, gentlest of currents. He didn't feel worried anymore - not with Heatherberry looking out for him. Still, as he waited for the starry grounds to appear before him, the smallest sliver of doubt pierced at his heart like an unsheathed claw. StarClan, are you there? Am I good enough?
NPC x NPC - shadowclan app. - he/him "everybody loves a quiet child . . ."

Oatfluff - T5 WindClan Warrior - #7f513e
Nightowl - T1 ShadowClan Med. Cat - #669966
Smokeytimber - T3 ShadowClan Warrior. - #626b7d
Foxpaw - WindClan App. - #f4ab6a
Sunbear - T1 WindClan Warrior - #cea716
Tortoise - T1 Loner - #6e6e33

Nightpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Aa9d24d70df9858f985c454d207b8b3cdc4cf12e
Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1936

PostSubject: Re: Nightpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Nightpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyThu 13 Jun 2024 - 20:28

The scene came into view for Nightpaw with Burdockroot sitting there alone, her expression twisted to one of rare amusement. Finally, she could speak freely to the tom. As the apprentice blinked her into his sights, Burdockroot dipped her head. "Hello, Nightpaw. You finally understand what I said before, I hope." She tilted her head as if she was thinking. "You know, I am surprised that you didn't ask Heatherberry to change your name. Fuzzybelly changed mine from Frostednight to Burdockroot and I changed Harriertalon to Heatherberry. With your name bringing much anxiety, why did you not ask?" This truly made her curious. It annoyed her that tradition was being broken, too, but it wouldn't be the toms fault. Not Heatherberry's either, necessarily. Just something that happens. "Do you want to change your name?" Her monotone voice drawled on, her expressionless eyes with the faintest hint of curiousity.

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Wasppaw : Burnetkit :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : #ff9900 : #ff66cc
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T4 Warrior : SkyClan Apprentice (Bonus) : Loner-Future RC-Kit
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

I'm not very active, but you are always open to message me on Discord.
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [N] Nightowl, [S] Smokeytimber, [F] Foxpaw, [Su] Sunbear, [T] Tortoise
Clan/Rank : [O] T5 WindClan Warrior, [N] T1 ShadowClan MC, [S] T3 ShadowClan Warrior, [F] WindClan Apprentice, [Su] T1 WindClan Warrior, [T] T1 Loner
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 433

PostSubject: Re: Nightpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Nightpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptySat 15 Jun 2024 - 4:54

nightpaw
Nightpaw's eyes glimmered with curiosity as a familiar starry pelt came into view. Burdockroot, he remembered. Heatherberry's mentor. She seemed much less restricted than she had during his Moonstone journey, as though she could speak more openly now that the truth was out. So I was the cat Heatherberry was meant to have the vision about, after all. His doubts eased. Burdockroot's words had finally clicked into place that day, but perhaps subconsciously; now, as he looked at the star-mottled cat before him, he realized the full weight of the message.

He dipped his head in turn. "I think I do understand, now. I - Thank you." He wasn't entirely sure what he was thanking her for, but gratitude warmed him nonetheless. Sure, this might not have been the sole will of Burdockroot, but he still felt he owed her for this second chance at life - this second chance to prove himself. When she carried on, though, Nightpaw paused. Why hadn't he asked? He hadn't even thought about it, really. He didn't know changing his name was something he could even do. "Frostednight is a beautiful name, but Burdockroot suits you well. Heatherberry is much more fitting, too. I..." He trailed off. He could change his name. He could actually change his name. She was offering him the opportunity, and all he had to do was say yes. He'd be free of the stigma that the Night name carried - free of the dirty looks, the shame, the disgrace that Nightstar had brought upon it. He would no longer be marred by history he'd had no part of.

For a moment, Nightpaw was going to accept.

But he didn't want to. He liked his name, despite the weight it carried, and he liked the nighttime, and he thought it fit him well. He shouldn't have to abandon it just because of the reputation some mousebrain had left behind. It was a rare moment for Nightpaw. Courage warmed his gaze, an odd expression for him; that gaze was usually tainted by fear, after all. He was sick of other cats dictating how he should live his own life. Stop being a coward, Frightpaw. "No offense, Burdockroot, but I think I'd like to keep my name. If - if that's alright. I hate to break tradition, but..." The tuxedo tom's whiskers twitched thoughtfully as he hesitated. Was he sure? Yes, he was sure. "I think I'd like to prove that my name doesn't define me. I want to bring honor to it, if I can. It wouldn't be fair - I feel like it'd be cowardly to change it, instead of facing that part of my life head on." Nightpaw bowed his head in respect, as though to assure her it had nothing to do with her. As if to say he didn't want to make her upset. He felt much braver now that he had a real chance to prove his worth, and he was sick of running away.
NPC x NPC - shadowclan app. - he/him "everybody loves a quiet child . . ."

Oatfluff - T5 WindClan Warrior - #7f513e
Nightowl - T1 ShadowClan Med. Cat - #669966
Smokeytimber - T3 ShadowClan Warrior. - #626b7d
Foxpaw - WindClan App. - #f4ab6a
Sunbear - T1 WindClan Warrior - #cea716
Tortoise - T1 Loner - #6e6e33

Nightpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Aa9d24d70df9858f985c454d207b8b3cdc4cf12e
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nightpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Nightpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Nightpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Camp :: Jaggedrock :: ShadowClan Ceremonies :: Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremonies-
Jump to: