Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Facing Momma Bear (closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Willowpaw (Shadowclan), Gorsepaw [Bonus Slot](Windclan) | Ro is the best bud to ever exist in the world of best buds
Number of posts : 1350

Facing Momma Bear (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Facing Momma Bear (closed)   Facing Momma Bear (closed) EmptyTue May 21, 2024 12:50 am

Sablestrike knew that he was failing his kits. Simply not being around for them as much as he would like, or as much as they needed him to be was the first sign he had directly noticed, but when his beloved daughter Juniperpaw had gone missing, the tom had been forced to face reality. He loved his kits to death, but as a father he wasn't there for them. It only made it that much harder for him to face Heatherberry, knowing that he had failed in keeping their kits safe. At the very least Juniperpaw was back. It didn't heal the hole that Frecklekit had left, but it was enough to let the tom face his mate once more.

The deputy's head poked through the wall of ferns. Near the back of the den he spotted a dark figure moving around, and a few moments later her herb-drowned scent followed... Or maybe that was just the scent of all the herbs? He could never actually tell until he was close enough to brush her pelt, but her shape was unmistakable to him. The tom let out a tiny meow as he pushed fully into the den. He had been afraid of speaking to Heatherberry only to be dismissed for what he'd done, or rather what he hadn't done, but he wouldn't keep himself from facing that possibility any longer. Hey... Do you mind if we talk?"

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

Facing Momma Bear (closed) Output12                   Facing Momma Bear (closed) Output10                          Facing Momma Bear (closed) Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Characters : [SC]Heatherberry| [TC]Vinecrawler | [SKC] Peatkit | [WC] Moosepaw | [R] Grub Jr
Clan/Rank : [H]T3 BT MC / T4 MC | [V]T5 Warrior | [GJ] T1 Rogue | [P] Kit | [M] Apprentice
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 4590

PostSubject: Re: Facing Momma Bear (closed)   Facing Momma Bear (closed) EmptySat Jun 01, 2024 4:51 pm

Heatherberry... Was not ready to face Sablestrike. She had yet to communicate with him since the birth of their kits - Stars, she hadn't even spoken to Swiftheart! Perhaps it had been the uneasiness that her role as medicine cat would be ripped away before she had even the chance of finding an apprentice to train to take her place, or perhaps it was fear that the two pretending to be mates for the sake of the three kits left.... Were no longer pretending.

So when Sablestrike approached her first, she almost ignored him completely, allowing silence to answer for her. But that was not fair to him, now was it? Especially since they were his kits, too, and one going missing and returning and another... "You may speak." Her tone came out more harsh than she had ever meant it to be, her gaze turning to him apologetically, but taking a seat in silence to allow him the floor.

won't you shake a poor sinners hand?:

Facing Momma Bear (closed) JPzjwJV Facing Momma Bear (closed) JPzNeMg Facing Momma Bear (closed) JGg2mwx Facing Momma Bear (closed) JPzwPEb Facing Momma Bear (closed) JPzwXQn

Facing Momma Bear (closed) JcTsSP1  Facing Momma Bear (closed) JcnAVnI Facing Momma Bear (closed) JaZZNs4
click photos for profiles | sprites by Aspen!
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Willowpaw (Shadowclan), Gorsepaw [Bonus Slot](Windclan) | Ro is the best bud to ever exist in the world of best buds
Number of posts : 1350

PostSubject: Re: Facing Momma Bear (closed)   Facing Momma Bear (closed) EmptyTue Jun 11, 2024 9:18 pm

He had been expecting a harsh rebuke, words that he knew he deserved for letting the molly down, and yet he was met with neither. Her response was far more crushing. Complete and utter silence. Still he lingered, hoping to hear Heatherberry say literally anything to him, and his patience was rewarded, though her response had enough of a bit to it to let him know she wasn't pleased. Sablestrike stepped further into the den. He kept a distance between them that seemed respectful while also allowing him to speak in a hushed tone. He wanted to speak with her, but not at the cost of letting their secret be heard.

"I- Stars, what should he even say? An apology couldn't ever reach the kind of words he wanted to tell her, and yet they needed to be said. The deputy averted his gaze. "I'm sorry. For Frecklekit, for Juniperpaw. I'm sorry I didn't protect them like I said I would." And I'm sorry for my part in bringing them into this world. The tom left those words unsaid. As much as they were true, he would never apologize for spawning the four cats that he had grown to cherish the most. Even if their existence meant either of them could be stripped of their positions he didn't care. What he cared about was his failures as a parent. Juniperpaw had been able to return safely, but he had still let her be taken from him, from them. "And I'm sorry for the spot I've put you in... I can't imagine what you must be going through. If I were in the same position, I'm not sure what I would do... But even if they don't know about you, I still do. I know we haven't talked since then, but I'm still here for you, Heatherberry, and I know that my promises won't hold the same weight they once did, but I will keep those three away from danger. I didn't take that promise seriously at first, I thought-" That he, Starclan's chosen, wouldn't have to worry about protecting his family. That Starclan would do it for him. It sounded so idiotic.

"I won't let any harm befall those kits. Trust me, one more time." Not once did Sablestrike's eye try to gauge the molly's reaction. It stayed glued to the floor, away from her grace.

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

Facing Momma Bear (closed) Output12                   Facing Momma Bear (closed) Output10                          Facing Momma Bear (closed) Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Facing Momma Bear (closed)   Facing Momma Bear (closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Facing Momma Bear (closed)
Page 1 of 1