Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmstorm, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderpaw, [T]Thistlepaw
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T4 Warrior, [E]RiverClan T1 Warrior, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Apprentice, [T]WindClan Apprentice
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2414

Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] Empty
PostSubject: Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw]   Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] EmptySat 4 May 2024 - 0:51

Lilyvalley led her apprentice through the territory, her eyes darting at every slight movement. Her mind was wandering to that one WindClan cat that had waltzed right into the territory, as if she didn't even care another Clan lived here. She had wanted a fight that day. What if there were more cats like that crazy she-cat? She glanced back at Willowpaw, knowing that whatever happened, she needed to make sure her nephew could take care of himself.

Finding a suitable spot, Lilyvalley stopped, turning to meet her sister's son. "Alright, we are going to do some battle training today." Am I even suitable to be teaching him how to fight? I can barely take care of myself... No. That wasn't what she needed to be focusing on. Sablestrike had made her the mentor to his son. She was going to teach this cat how to be a warrior if it was the last thing she did.

"Go ahead and try to attack me. I want to see what your form is like so I know what to correct."

That was about as good of a place to start as any.

Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] Sfr52Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] Sfr5bOh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] Sfr5LOh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] Sfr5KOh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] Sfr59
Click Icons for Profiles
Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] SfPQh
Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] SYgf1
Art by Copper
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Willowpaw (Shadowclan), Gorsepaw [Bonus Slot](Windclan) | Ro is the best bud to ever exist in the world of best buds
Number of posts : 1350

PostSubject: Re: Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw]   Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] EmptySat 18 May 2024 - 18:16

Willowpaw trailed behind his mentor as she lead him deeper into their territory. Just as Sablestrike had told him, it wasn't much to look at, but the open space, the freedom! It made him want to take off the moment the Lilyvalley had turned from him, but he had also been told by their medicine cat that swamp monsters loomed in the deeper parts of their territory. If he wasn't careful he could set any number of them off. For now, he'd stick with Lilyvalley.

The tom beamed at his mentor, unaware of her doubts. All he knew was that this was really happening! No jokes, no icky rogues teaching him things, he was doing real apprentice things! Willowpaw didn't even let Lilyvalley finish her sentence before launching off the ground and swiping at her with all his might. His leap fell just shy of the molly however, and the apprentice fell to the mud right in front of Lilyvalley's paws.

Willowpaw missed his attack

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] Output12                   Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] Output10                          Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Last edited by Romantica on Sat 18 May 2024 - 18:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15439

PostSubject: Re: Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw]   Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] EmptySat 18 May 2024 - 18:32

The member 'Romantica' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 1

Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] Mistpe10
Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmstorm, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderpaw, [T]Thistlepaw
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T4 Warrior, [E]RiverClan T1 Warrior, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Apprentice, [T]WindClan Apprentice
Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw]   Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] EmptyTue 21 May 2024 - 22:46

LILYVALLEY
If we did what was easy
Lilyvalley watched as Willowpaw immediately launched himself at her, both impressed and a little frightened by his conviction. He did not have enough conviction, however, as his lunge fell short of her.

"You need to commit to your attacks. If you second guess yourself, you will miss everytime. Also-" She slammed her paws down next to the apprentice, an attack that, had it hit, would have knocked the air from his lungs.

"-if you fall, you'll want to recover as quickly as possible. Lying on the ground like that, you are vulnerable, and your opponent will take any opening they can get."

Lilyvalley's attack has missed.
Then there wouldn't be anything to live for.
ShadowClan • T3 Warrior • She/Her • #6e174c
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] Sfr52Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] Sfr5bOh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] Sfr5LOh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] Sfr5KOh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] Sfr59
Click Icons for Profiles
Art by Copper

Last edited by Karuna on Tue 21 May 2024 - 22:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw]   Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] EmptyTue 21 May 2024 - 22:46

The member 'Karuna' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 3

Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Willowpaw (Shadowclan), Gorsepaw [Bonus Slot](Windclan) | Ro is the best bud to ever exist in the world of best buds

PostSubject: Re: Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw]   Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] EmptyFri 24 May 2024 - 20:51

Willowpaw flinched as the older molly's paw slapped the ground beside him. The tom frowned. I did commit though. The mud now clinging to his belly was a sign of how much he had commited, he had just misdudged the space between them. Yeah, that was it! "So, in other words, you want me to do something like this?" Willowpaw kicked out of the mud with his back legs, reaching out to grab, or rather slap Lilyvalley in the face with both of his paws.

Unlike the first time however, Willowpaw hadn't accounted for how loose the ground was below him. Black paws slid through the mud instead of allowing him to charge forward, and he fell face-first into the mud once more. Yellow eyes peeked up from the mud to catch Lilyvalley's expression. Stars, he was really bad at this, wasn't he?

MORE ART!!:

Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] Output12                   Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] Output10                          Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Last edited by Romantica on Fri 24 May 2024 - 20:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw]   Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] EmptyFri 24 May 2024 - 20:51

Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw]   Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] EmptyMon 27 May 2024 - 2:10

LILYVALLEY
If we did what was easy
Lilyvalley's whiskers twitched in amusement as Willowpaw began to struggle in the mud. "You're a ShadowClan cat. Don't fight against the mud, use it to your advantage. Make the mud fight for you."

With a paw, she kicked up some of the mud, sending some flying towards her apprentice, although it ended up whizzing just past him. "Fighting is not just about using claws. Use your surroundings to your advantage, or it will become a disadvantage. Now, take some time to get up, and then we can continue. Your mother is going to have my tail with how dirty you're getting!"

Lilyvalley's attack has missed.
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

Click Icons for Profiles
Art by Copper

Last edited by Karuna on Tue 28 May 2024 - 14:07; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw]   Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] EmptyMon 27 May 2024 - 2:10

Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw]   Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] EmptyMon 27 May 2024 - 21:00

Make mud fight for you? How in Silverpelt was he supposed to do that? It seemed Lilyvalley didn't even know that for herself, as her next attack, if you could even call it that, fell short once more. She was just teasing him now! Willowpaw picked himself out of the mud, fighting hard not to slip again. Once he was confident in his footing the tom gave a good shake, shooting mud in all directions as he shook himself clean. Well, clean enough. "Mama doesn't care if I get dirty, aunty. She loves me just the way I am!" Willowpaw raised his head, a smug smile settling on his still muddy face.

He was tired of missing his attacks though. Willowpaw decided the best course of actions was to cool it with all the flashy moves. Instead, he flung a paw out at Lilyvalley, and where the mud had fought him in his previous attempts, this time it was his mentor. She bobbed out of the way before he could make contact, earning a tiny hiss from the tom as he once again missed his mark.

MORE ART!!:

Pixel Art by Aspen!

Last edited by Romantica on Mon 27 May 2024 - 21:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw]   Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] EmptyMon 27 May 2024 - 21:00

Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw]   Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] EmptyTue 28 May 2024 - 13:46

LILYVALLEY
If we did what was easy
Lilyvalley chuckled as she sidestepped her nephew, sticking out a paw to trip the tom up as he charged again. "Well then you'll have no problem going right back into the mud!"

Her whiskers twitched in amusement as she walked over to Willowpaw, crouching down beside him. "You know what your problem is? You're charging in without taking anything around you into account. Fighting is not just landing hits. You have to account for the territory, the motions your opponent is making, and most importantly, making sure you don't get hit. Right now, I can tell every move you are going to make long before you even charge, simply because that is all you're doing. Try to switch up your attacks at the very least. Be unpredictable. Maybe you make yourself look like you're charging one way, then move the other direction and hit my other side. Maybe you leap onto my back. Maybe you duck down and get my belly. But don't just charge blindly and expect your opponent not to know what you're doing. Do you even know where you were aiming?"

She looked down at her apprentice, and then let out a sigh. "How about we take a break? Go get some fresh kill and get you cleaned up. We can continue this tomorrow."

Lilyvalley's attack has successfully hit.

Click Icons for Profiles
Art by Copper

Last edited by Karuna on Tue 28 May 2024 - 14:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw]   Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] EmptyTue 28 May 2024 - 13:46

'Effect Dice' : 6

Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw]   Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] EmptyTue 28 May 2024 - 18:40

Willowpaw collided once more with the ground, splashing mud lightly as he rolled around to look up at Lilyvalley. He let out a growl at her comment, a smile forming on his face as he readied another swipe. It didn't seem like Lilyvalley cared to continue however. "Yeah, I know exactly where I was aiming! I was aiming at you, aunty!" He didn't understand all this talk about tactics, battles should be simple! "Why can't I just take a swipe at you, or bite you? Why does it have to be so complicated? The mud was the only reason I couldn't hit you, but what if I just did something like this?" Willowpaw poked a paw out towards Lilyvalley, resting it on the molly's nose. "Got you! Didn't see that one coming, didya?" The apprentice giggled. He hadn't realized it until Lilyvalley mentioned fresh-kill, but stars was he hungry! Willowpaw flipped and got to his paws, making sure to fling a bit of mud onto his mentor's pelt as he did. "I'm gonna eat the fattest juiciest prey on the pile! Can I lead us home, aunty? Can I, can I?"

MORE ART!!:

Pixel Art by Aspen!

Last edited by Romantica on Tue 28 May 2024 - 18:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw]   Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] EmptyTue 28 May 2024 - 18:40

'Effect Dice' : 5

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw]   Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw] Empty

Back to top Go down

Oh, to be Young and Carefree [Willowpaw]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next