Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1260

Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol) Empty
PostSubject: Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol)   Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol) EmptyThu 21 Mar 2024 - 22:31

Sablestrike trotted along the marshes, seasoned paws guiding his patrolmates along an easy path as they looked for signs of prey. He had never cared much for hunting, but it seemed he had a knack for it. Mice just naturally ran into his paws, which made filling the fresh-kill pile at camp quick, but mice couldn't fill a warrior's belly in the same way that a hare or a bird could. More talented warriors could catch those, but it would be best for him to stick to the easier prey.

With a flick of his tail the tom signaled his party to spread out and begin the hunt. He had already spotted a small bumpy creature hopping among the tall grasses. Following a grand leap and a rather short chase, Sablestrike ran the frog from its hiding spot and into the open. Before it could escape into the marshes the tom stopped its movement with a paw, and in the next moment he stopped its life.

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol) Output12                   Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol) Output10                          Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol) Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Last edited by Romantica on Thu 21 Mar 2024 - 22:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15095

PostSubject: Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol)   Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol) EmptyThu 21 Mar 2024 - 22:31

The member 'Romantica' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol) Mistpe10
Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
ChaoticCrow

ChaoticCrow

Characters : Larkshine - Shadowclan //// Myrtlebloom - Skyclan //// Sycamorepaw - Windclan
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan - Tier 2 Warrior //// Skyclan - Tier 2 Warrior //// Windclan - Apprentice
Pisces Snake
Number of posts : 315

PostSubject: Re: Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol)   Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol) EmptyThu 21 Mar 2024 - 23:54

Larkshine
Tier 2 Warrior | Shadowclan | She/Her

Larkshine padded behind Sablestrike until he motioned for the patrol cats to go their separate ways. She broke off into some under growth and stopped to take in the scents around her. She caught smell of a rabbit and crawled towards the scent.

The small critter hopped around nibbling on shoots of newly sprouted grass. It's ears were perked up but it didn't seem to notice her.. or so Larkshine thought.

As she pounced the rabbit shot away into a nearby burrow.

Larkshine: 40 HP / 95 SP (-5)

Discord: ChaoticCrow  | Timezone: Mountain Daylight Time (MDT) | Code (c) Kieer

Myrtlebloom of Skyclan Art:

Sycamorepaw of Windclan Art:

Last edited by ChaoticCrow on Tue 26 Mar 2024 - 15:37; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol)   Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol) EmptyThu 21 Mar 2024 - 23:54

The member 'ChaoticCrow' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9

Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Brackendawn* Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 2 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 2220

PostSubject: Re: Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol)   Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol) EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024 - 4:11

Nettlepaw trotted beside Orchidpaw, a bounce in his step, he was in high spirits glad to be on patrol with the she-cat. "I bet together we could catch more prey than Larkshine and Sablestrike." he whispered, eyes glinting with the idea of the competition "Or! What if I tried to catch one of all the prey and then we can have a taste testing competition." The patrol pressed a little further into the marsh and soon Sablestrike was indicating for everyone to split up. Nettlepaw frowned, he didn't want to leave Orchidpaw, he'd be bored on his own. "Orchidpaw is coming with me!" he meowed quickly and departed from the patrol just as fast. If Sablestrike protested and yelled at him, he woukdn't have heard.

Away from the others, the white apprentice sighed happily then turned to face his companion. "What if we didn't even go hunting, we could just hang out and they wouldn't know and we could just say we caught nothing." His features twisted in though "Hmm... We should hunt though, if we didn't they might think we suck and that'd be a bit embarrassing." Nettlepaw sat down, his whiskers twitched. "I want you to help me try something! An experiment! I went on a hunting patrol and I hardly caught anything and I think it is because I'm a sorepaw, I'm all white!" he stood up abruptly, twirling around in a circle for Orchidpaw. "When there's no snow I bet they can see me coming from ages away, there's nothing else white. I suppose there's the snowdrops that are blooming, but they're kind of rare... I digress... If I don't catch anything on this attempt can you help coat me in mud to hide better?" he asked.

Just behind Orchidpaw, the apprentice spotted a red chested bird flitting from branch to branch. "Look out Orchidpaw! he whispered, before leaping over her. As his feet left the ground the robin flew down to the floor and he neatly bundled it up, before swiftly ending it. Nettlepaw's eyes widened in surprise. "I was not expecting to actually catch it... But, I still want to try the experiment!" He grabbed a pawful of mud and began to smear it on his back and legs.

rolling for bird

silverdusk | thunderclan | tier three warrior | 50/120 | #99cc99
brackendawn | skyclan | tier two warrior | 20/80 | #cc9966
louse | rogue | tier two rogue | 50/120 | #669966
nettleweaver | shadowclan | npc tier one warrior | 30/80 | #996666
clovermottle | RiverClan | npc perma queen | 50/80 | #ff9966

Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol) Giphy

pinterest boards | plotting pages | character profiles | heartchart

Last edited by Midnee on Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 4:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol)   Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol) EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024 - 4:11

The member 'Midnee' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 1

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol)   Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol) EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024 - 0:01

Orchidpaw
Apprentice | ShadowClan | she/her

Orchidpaw was so busy gossiping with Nettlepaw that they were the best - that she didn't catch Sablestrike's command to split up. She was beyond grateful at Nettlepaw immediately speaking up that they were a pair. She was oddly intimidated by Sablestrike - he didn't have a single playful bone in his body, it seems. He was tough, just like their other clanmates - and the territory itself.

She followed Netlepaw - amusement and affection dancing in the depths of her eyes as he bounced from suggestion to suggestion. "You never fail to surprise me," She mewed. "What if we hung out after the hunting patrol and had a taste-testing competition in camp? They would think Briarkit took a bite out of everything in the freshkill pile!"

Her gaze softened as he spoke of his troubles with his pelt. Honestly, he was right - yet his idea of spreading mud on his pelt was smart. "Mud could definitely help you blend in together - your fur is so bright, even in the shadows. That's really clever..." She nodded, her gaze thoughtful as she glanced at the mud. Who would help him clean it off? She shuddered, imagining the grit in her mouth.

"What if we suggest to Leopardstar and Sablestrike that we could do that in battles?" She suggested. Well, that was before he immediately proved himself wrong by catching a robin. "Well done!" She purred. "You're truly amazing - I've yet to catch a bird!" She praised. "Maybe your experiment might have to wait for another day?" She added, hopeful, before realizing that he was already applying mud to himself. Her nose wrinkled in disgust. It probably didn't feel good at all. "Guess not..." She mumbled, stepping forward. His scent is going to be suffocated by the foul scent of the marsh. She hated it.

He looked so pitiful, though, doing it by himself. Stepping forward, she sat down and gathered mud from the marshy ground. She began to smear the mud carefully over his fur, specifically in places where he couldn't reach - like his shoulders. After she was done, she gently touched her nose to his ear. "There, that should do the trick." She murmured softly, mostly to herself. She didn't realize it, but her cheeks were flushing slightly. They were sitting so close together. It was nice.

Stammering, she shuffled to her paws. "Let's see if we can catch even more prey!" She mewed, feeling awkward. "We have to beat Sablestrike and Larkshine!"

Scanning the marsh - she saw the shiny body of a frog relaxing in a puddle, and she subconsciously licked her lips. They were her favorite. She dropped into a crouch, slowly stalking it. Rushing forward, she grabbed it in her paws - water spraying in her face and mouth, but she didn't care. She swiftly ended it's life with a bite to the neck. She looked back at Nettlepaw with glimmering eyes, proud of herself. I hope he saw that!

Rolling... Successfully caught a frog! -5SP

discord: kieer  | timezone: EST (UTC -5) | code (c) kieer

Last edited by kieer on Wed 27 Mar 2024 - 0:08; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol)   Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol) EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024 - 0:01

The member 'kieer' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 1

Back to top Go down
ChaoticCrow

ChaoticCrow

Characters : Larkshine - Shadowclan //// Myrtlebloom - Skyclan //// Sycamorepaw - Windclan
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan - Tier 2 Warrior //// Skyclan - Tier 2 Warrior //// Windclan - Apprentice
Pisces Snake
Number of posts : 315

PostSubject: Re: Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol)   Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol) EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024 - 12:49

Larkshine
Tier 2 Warrior | Shadowclan | She/Her

Larkshine decided to loop around and check on the apprentices, ‘Hopefully they’re having better luck than me!’ She purred as she got close to where they ran off. It wasn’t long before she was right on top of them, and her ear fell flat against her skull and eyes widened at the sight before her. One of the apprentices was covered, nose to tail, in mud. “Erm, what are you doing?” She mewed concerningly before she saw they both had a piece of prey at their feet. “Never mind, keep up the good work!” Larkshine turned on her heels and darted away in the opposite direction.
Once a good distance away, she sniffed for any signs of prey.

Rolling for a Lizard

A shimmer off one of the trees caught her attention and she crept up to it. A little lizard was running around on the tree. She leapt forward, knocking it off the tree and into the marsh. She then bit it, swiftly ending its life.

Discord: ChaoticCrow  | Timezone: Mountain Daylight Time (MDT) | Code (c) Kieer

Myrtlebloom of Skyclan Art:

Sycamorepaw of Windclan Art:

Last edited by ChaoticCrow on Wed 27 Mar 2024 - 12:53; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol)   Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol) EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024 - 12:49

The member 'ChaoticCrow' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol)   Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol) Empty

Back to top Go down

Tasty Morsels (SC Hunting Patrol)
Page 1 of 1