Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check

Go down 
+6
Lapis
Karuna
Romantica
Midnee
JJ
Tara
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Tara
Former Staff
Former Staff
Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus, Snowpaw
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3122

WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check Empty
PostSubject: WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check   WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check EmptyFri 15 Mar 2024 - 1:06

Introduction

Now that I am sitting here typing this I am realizing that I am no longer good at making decent introductions so I will get to it. Those of you who have known me since I dropped into WCC back in 2020 have heard me talk about older, grittier, "harder" RPs that I used to play. Some people have expressed interest in potentially dipping their toes into an RP that would be considered more "difficult" than WCC, in the sense that the rules that keep characters safe are no longer in place. I am mainly talking about the rule where "Your character cannot be killed without your permission" is no longer in effect, but there would be a few others too. This is not a recruitment thread for a different RP site, this is an interest check to start a different version of WCC in meta-musings where some RP rules and systems have been removed or altered for experimentation and fun. I will go into more details in the other sections below.

Removing the Safety Nets

In this meta-musing version of WCC, your character can be killed without your permission, but it's not as simple as someone typing "Karuna walked up to Tara and pushed her down a well. She's dead now." That wouldn't be appealing to anyone. To die of injury due to combat, the damage would have to be significant; A prolonged bite to the throat, damage to important veins/arteries, blood loss, or other types of significant trauma. These traumas would only be allowed to be inflicted in realistic ways within a cat's normal capabilities. No magic. No weapons beyond claws and teeth, though use of strategy like including terrain and other factors would still be allowed.

The battle system would be entirely removed, as it is considered a safety net. Realistic combat is more complicated, as many factors can determine the outcome of who wins or loses. There is no rank system and leaders do not get special Starclan privileges beyond 9 lives. The rules of combat are minimal, as is the hand-holding. They would be limited to:

1. All attacks are only attempts, no auto-hits. Only the player of the character being attacked can decide if an attack hits their character or not.
  2. All damage from attacks must be realistic and played out realistically. A single scratch on the shoulder from a cat is minor and will heal easily. No hinderance of movement is necessary. A prolonged bite to the throat will cause bleeding, suffocating, and has the potential to be fatal. RP accordingly.
  3. No godmoding. Your character is made of flesh and bone, is mortal and the laws of physics applies to them no matter who they are.
  4. Two full dodges allowed per fight; A full dodge is when your character moves entirely out of the way of an attack and takes no damage at all.
  5. Partial dodges are unlimited; A partial dodge is where your character moves almost out of the way and takes less damage than intended, or their attacker hits a different part of them than what they were aiming for and the damage is still applied to that area in full.
  6. Dodges, both full and partial, are only allowed when they are still plausible. If your character is pinned by three other cats and a fourth one goes in for the kill, a dodge is not realistic and cannot be done. There may be exceptions, but this is decided on a case by case basis.
  7. Strategy is permitted and encouraged as long as it does not stretch plausibility too far and makes sense IC.
  8. All attacks must be realistic and within normal cat abilities. If your attack takes more than a paragraph to describe, it's probably not realistic. Short and simple battle posts are preferred.

This is the gist. There may be some other things added for clarity and fairness later if there is enough interest but that is combat at it's core in this version of WCC.

What Else is Different?

1. There would be no character limits, but for the sake of fairness your characters cannot all know each other or be on each other's team without significant amount of RP involving others to put them there. Feel free to bring back old characters that you miss.
  2. You can enter this RP as an adult cat with a history of battle experience if you want. No kit or apprentice stages required.
  3. If there is an open spot for a high rank position feel free to claim it. First come, first serve. Each player can have 2 high rank positions each, but not in the same clan and not of the same rank.
  4. Plots don't need approval. Have Forbidden Romances. Murder. Clan hop. Fart in the leader's den while they're out on important business. No one cares (OOC at least!), just friggin' RP.
  5. I, personally, don't care what you name your cats as long as it isn't inappropriate.

What is the same?

1. The territories and the areas surrounding them
  2. The Warrior Code
  3. The clans and their names (minus Skyclan, if enough people say "no" in the interest check)
  4. Starclan exists and so does the Dark Forest and the Mist
  5. The core rules of WCC minus the safety nets getting removed are still in place. No swearing, no inappropriate content, stuff like that. Refer to the actual site's rules.
  6. Probably a lot of other things too, just ask.

How RP Would Work

Pretty much the same as it does here. Because we would be restricted to meta-musings, each thread made in relation to this version of WCC would have to state in bold at the top where this thread is taking place since we do not have boards to tell anyone where your character is at. If there is enough interest in the interest check, I will go into further detail. I imagine there would be something for character profiles as well if desired, but I'll cross that bridge if I get to it.

Outro

Anyway that is my idea. Let me know if you'd be interested in giving this meta-musing a try. Can your character survive WCC on the Realism settings? Truth be told... Dawnhawk probably wouldn't have gotten even 30% as far as he had. This is WCC on the next difficulty setting, more or less. Hope to see some interest and to see some fun shenanigans!

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Snowpaw | Skyclan | Apprentice #9999ff X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Characters : Sunfire, Wolf, Newtpaw
Clan/Rank : Rogue T1, Rogue T1, SkyClan Paw
Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1859

PostSubject: Re: WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check   WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check EmptyFri 15 Mar 2024 - 1:10

i would definitely give this a go

Sunfire | Tom | T1 Rogue | 30/80 | #FFBB00
Wolf | Tom | T1 Rogue (kit) | 30/80 | #FF4500
Newtkit | She-Cat | SkC Kit | xx/xx | #32CD32
Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [V]iperpaw, [P]etalkit, [C]lovermottle, Brackendawn* Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T5 warrior [L] T3 rogue [N] Shadowclan T3 warrior [V] WindClan Apprentice [P] ThunderClan kit [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 2364

PostSubject: Re: WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check   WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check EmptyFri 15 Mar 2024 - 1:11

MEMEMEMMEMEMEME LET ME IN I WANT TO LIVE LIFE ON THE EDGE

silverdusk | thunderclan | tier five warrior | 70/200 | #99cc99
louse | rogue | tier three rogue | 55/140 | #669966
nettleweaver | shadowclan | npc tier three warrior | 50/130 | #996666
viperpaw| windclan | apprentice | 20/40 | #b3b300
petalkit | thunderclan | kit | 15/30 | #e6b0aa
clovermottle | RiverClan | npc perma queen | 50/80 | #ff9966

WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check Giphy

pinterest boards | plotting pages | character profiles | heartchart
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Willowpaw (Shadowclan), Gorsepaw [Bonus Slot](Windclan) | Ro is the best bud to ever exist in the world of best buds
Number of posts : 1350

PostSubject: Re: WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check   WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check EmptyFri 15 Mar 2024 - 1:13

I would be VERY interested in this!

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check Output12                   WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check Output10                          WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmstorm, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderpaw, [T]Thistlepaw
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T4 Warrior, [E]RiverClan T1 Warrior, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Apprentice, [T]WindClan Apprentice
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2414

PostSubject: Re: WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check   WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check EmptyFri 15 Mar 2024 - 1:15

I still want to push you down a well, but I guess I can join this

WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check Sfr52WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check Sfr5bWCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check Sfr5LWCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check Sfr5KWCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check Sfr59
Click Icons for Profiles
WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check SfPQh
WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check SYgf1
Art by Copper
Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetpaw, Maggot, Mushroomkit, Herringkit
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Apprentice [Mg] Outsider Kitten [Mu] Thunderclan Kitten [He] Riverclan Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1482

PostSubject: Re: WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check   WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check EmptyFri 15 Mar 2024 - 1:18

I'm interested, but could only join once I found the time

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetpaw
SkC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP
Mushroomkit
TC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Herringkit
RC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : //Living//:[J]uniperhunt, [Q]uillsplash | Bird, [S]corchivy, [L]eopardwind, [C]reamlily, [M]ilkkit //Dead:// Tawnyshadow, Sootstorm, Cinderpaw, Ajex | Palekit, Shatteredsky, Reedshine, Deerleap, Slightfrost, Specklepaw, Sunfire, Copperlark
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan T1 Warrior [Q]ShadowClan T5 Warrior [S]WindClan NPC PermaQueen [L]WindClan T3 Warrior [C]WindClan T2 Warrior [M]RiverClan Kit
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3618

PostSubject: Re: WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check   WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check EmptyFri 15 Mar 2024 - 2:09

you know i have the time. and you know you had me at unlimited character slots. and free murder.

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T5 Warrior / #802318
Juniperhunt / She-Cat / ShadowClan T1 Warrior / #b9abb2
Scorchivy / She-Cat / WindClan NPC PermaQueen / #009966
Leopardwind / Tom / WindClan T3 Warrior / #cc9900
Creamlily / She-Cat / WindClan T2 Warrior / #ff6600
Milkkit / Tom / RiverClan Kit / #dbc6ad

Art Commissions | Character Profiles | Plotting | Character Relations | Open Litter | Art Giveaway
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ishpaw [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xpaw
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [P] (T3) RiverClan Hybrid MCA [F] ShadowClan Apprentice [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyClan Apprentice
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2800

PostSubject: Re: WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check   WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check EmptyFri 15 Mar 2024 - 8:16

I would DEFINITELY be interested

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxpawSkyClan
Apprentice
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
ChaoticCrow

ChaoticCrow

Characters : Larkshine - Shadowclan //// Hickorypaw - Skyclan //// Weevilpaw - Windclan //// Beankit - Thunderclan
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan - Tier 4 Warrior //// Skyclan - Apprentice //// Windclan - Apprentice //// Thunderclan - Kit
Pisces Snake
Number of posts : 494

PostSubject: Re: WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check   WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check EmptyFri 15 Mar 2024 - 10:48

I would be interested!

Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check   WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check EmptyFri 15 Mar 2024 - 10:53

heck yea! id be down
Back to top Go down
Two

Two

Characters : Scorchlight | ✝️ Hazelpaw | ✝️ Brightsplit | ✝️ Cedarpaw | Ivypaw | Mistypaw
Clan/Rank : Riverclan T4 warrior | Shadowclan Kit
Aries Rat
Number of posts : 571

PostSubject: Re: WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check   WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check EmptyFri 15 Mar 2024 - 11:02

yeah! That sounds pretty cool

Scorchlight | Riverclan Tier 4 Warrior

Burntkit | kit

Local prankster :D
Back to top Go down
Tara
Former Staff
Former Staff
Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus, Snowpaw
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3122

PostSubject: Re: WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check   WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check EmptyFri 15 Mar 2024 - 21:15

Anyone else interested, feel free to add your post! But I think 10 is enough to actually put in the effort to doing this especially with unlimited character slots. This weekend will be busy for me but I will update this thread with the complete information when I can and then I will start tossing up other necessary threads in meta-musings. Thank you for your interest and I look forward to seeing you in meta-musings!

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Snowpaw | Skyclan | Apprentice #9999ff X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check   WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check Empty

Back to top Go down

WCC on Realistic Settings; Meta-musing Interest Check
Page 1 of 1