Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

New Dawn[C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living: [T]awnyshadow, [So]otstorm, [A]jex, [Q]uillsplash, [Sh]atteredsky, [J]uniperpaw Dead: Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC) Missing: Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [T]ShadowClan T5 Elder [So]WindClan T5 Deputy [A]T4 Rouge/"Captain" [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [Sh]SkyClan T3 Warrior [J]ShadowClan Apprentice
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3210

New Dawn[C] Empty
PostSubject: New Dawn[C]   New Dawn[C] EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 3:05 am

I don’t feel sorry for what I have done; I feel sorry for the people who do

Shatteredsky still was not used to his brother being home, let alone the fact that he was now a warrior. "Brackendawn," He called his brother over, tasting the name on his tongue, "Care to go on patrol with me?" He would never admit that he missed his brother-- most likely because he didn't-- but for the sake of everyone else he would act like he did. It clearly meant a lot to Honeydew, and now that he was in a partnership with Sunfire he needed some sort of standing within the Clan. "I bet you picked up tons of new skills while you were gone... care to share them?" He forced himself to smile, to seem like a brother who just wanted to spend time with his long-lost littermate. "And while we're at it... there are a few things I should fill you in on."

Bird | Quillsplash ♂/ShadowClan T4 Warrior/#802318
Ajex ♂/T4 Rouge/#62b6ee
Sootstorm ♂/Windclan T5 Deputy/#00cc00
Tawnyshadow ♀/Shadowclan T5 Elder/#993300*
Shatteredsky ♂/SkyClan T3 Warrior/#99ccff(not pictured)
Juniperpaw ♀/ShadowClan Apprentice/#B9ABB2(not pictured)
*disabled stats
Signature by Xaandir!

Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [Br]ackendawn, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [Br] SkyClan T2 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 1 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 2216

New Dawn[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dawn[C]   New Dawn[C] EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 10:35 pm

It was strange to hear his new name, he'd become so familiar with 'Brackenpaw' he almost hadn't want to let it go, but now that he had he didn't want to change his mind. The tom's head swivelled to find the source of the voice, Shatteredsky letting out a happy chirrup when he did. "How could I refuse?" he replied, falling into step beside the larger tom. This was the first chance he'd get to properly speak to with his brother since returning, which was strange he felt like he'd been home for a lifetime with how much had changed. It was all he seemed to dwell on, how far behind he felt, and how lost he was. The neglect from Shatteredsky and his odd behaviour had not helped either. They'd never seen eye to eye, but now Brackendawn was keen to fix things, and not be a complete fool all the time, he'd also been shut out. He frowned, why couldn't things be simpler?

His frown vanished quickly as Shatteredsky asked about his time away, actually showed interest in him. Which was also odd behaviour from his stone-faced brother, but it was preferable to his previous cold shoulder. "I learnt how to skin things? And Ambersun despite my many opinions on her isn't a half bad hunter." answered Brackendawn tail flicking as he mused what else he had learnt, all of which seemed very dull and uninteresting in his brother's eyes. Still, he had asked... "Being alone taught me that my attitude back at the lakes was really mousebrained. I acted first, and I didn't even think about what I did later. I was like a rock on legs before, but now I have half a brain and I try to use it. Now that I have one, I probably won't go fighting any wolves. I also learnt I had to tolerate someone I really really hated, and wanted dead. Do you know how much it sucks wanting to sink your claws into someone, but knowing if you do you'll be lost on a freezing mountain for the rest of your life?" Brackendawn shook his head, chuckling lightly "It's the worst. But Ambersun isn't that bad I realised when she actually got me home, and keeping her alive was worth it." he finished with a bright smile. "So, what is it you wanted to talk to me about?"

silverdusk | thunderclan | tier three warrior | 50/120 | #99cc99
brackendawn | skyclan | tier two warrior | 20/80 | #cc9966
louse | rogue | tier two rogue | 50/120 | #669966
nettleweaver | shadowclan | npc tier one warrior | 30/80 | #996666
clovermottle | RiverClan | npc perma queen | 50/80 | #ff9966

New Dawn[C] Giphy

pinterest boards | plotting pages | character profiles | heartchart
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living: [T]awnyshadow, [So]otstorm, [A]jex, [Q]uillsplash, [Sh]atteredsky, [J]uniperpaw Dead: Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC) Missing: Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [T]ShadowClan T5 Elder [So]WindClan T5 Deputy [A]T4 Rouge/"Captain" [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [Sh]SkyClan T3 Warrior [J]ShadowClan Apprentice
Taurus Tiger

New Dawn[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dawn[C]   New Dawn[C] EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 10:50 am

Shatteredsky forced himself to listen to his brother and maintain an interested expression, though on the inside he wanted nothing to do with all the rambling. Yes, brother, we get it, you had the maturity of a two-moon-old kit before you went missing. It seems you were the only one that missed it. At least Brackendawn had matured in the time that he was gone, and no longer acted as mouse-brained as when they were kits. Much improvement... and long overdue, but whatever. Most of their clanmates had no maturity even after seasons of being a warrior, so props to Brackendawn for growing a brain.

And then it was his turn. Shatteredsky took a deep breath, then let concern seep into his voice and expression. "It's Honeydew, and well, Wolfstar," He began, pausing to see how his brother would react, "You weren't here when it happened, but I'm sure you've heard it. There was a war, and Birdstar chose for Honeydew to be in the front lines, depite her not having been a warrior for even a moon. Wolfstar didn't protest one bit-- none of our clanmates did-- and, brother, when they brought the body of our sister home, I thought she was dead. Her injuries have mostly healed since, but you weren't there to see her still, bloody, bruised body, Brackendawn." It was easy, to channel his fear in that moment into his voice. "And, as if being on the side of the battle that had killed Mottlestar and another warrior as well as attacked a medicine cat wasn't enough to make our sister seem like the enemy to the other Clans, Wolfstar made Honeydew deputy. As if she were not a big enough target." He took a deep breath, then whispered, "They're going to send her to her deaths, Brackendawn, and I can't even follow her to protect her. Wolfstar clearly doesn't care, or doesn't want to care. I can't just stand by and watched them put Honeydew in danger like this. She's never even had an apprentice before, for StarClan's sake!"

Ajex ♂/T4 Rouge/#62b6ee
*disabled stats
Signature by Xaandir!

Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [Br]ackendawn, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [Br] SkyClan T2 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 1 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey

New Dawn[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dawn[C]   New Dawn[C] EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 12:15 pm

As predicted Shatteredsky feigned interest to Brackendawn's ramblings. "You can just tell me to shut up, I wouldn't even be offended." he sighed "I could do with some real honesty from someone in our family." Shatteredsky was more than happy to oblige his request, immediately launching into it. His ear twitched in mild upset at the mention of his sister and grandmother's names and he tried to keep the rest of his features schooled, but the more his brother talked the further his ears fell until they were pinned back against his head. He'd been proud of Honeydew before for her rank and her prowess, but Shatteredsky's words gave him a whole new perspective. Something sharp lodged in his chest, slotting in with the rest. "She's never had an apprentice? I assumed..." He echoed trailing off, clearly that had been an oversight on his part. "I suppose she never mentioned one, but I thought that was just down to how..." he hated speaking bad about Honeydew, or saying anything that could hurt his sister, but she'd hurt him too. His tail lashed several times before settling as the brindled warrior drew in a long breath. "... Distant she's been towards me. We use to be so close, but it's like I'm just another clanmate now. At first I didn't notice it, but when it was just us two it was as clear as day." meowed Brackendawn. Some awful things had left his mouth in response to that, and he was less than proud of it. He'd never been angry at her like that before. He never been angry at her before. Point blank. "I don't like any of this, I feel like a coward, but I just want to go back to the lakes. I don't even feel like I've come home."

New Dawn[C] Giphy

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

New Dawn[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dawn[C]   New Dawn[C] EmptyThu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 pm

"I want to go back to the lakes too," Shatteredsky agreed softly. It had been so much simpler back then, when they were all apprentices, and the only thing he was concerned about was that Sunfire was hurting Honeydew's feelings in a training session. And now, they had this... mess. He wanted to go back to the place his mother had been buried. Was she watching them in this moment? He wasn't one to trust StarClan-- what were they except for cats who have long since died?-- but his mother, Thornstalker, she must know how to help them. Had she even made her way here, to these cursed lands? If only they could return to her, to the place they called home...

"Brackendawn..." Shatteredsky began as the spark of an idea began forming, "there's... there's nothing stopping us from going back."

Ajex ♂/T4 Rouge/#62b6ee
*disabled stats
Signature by Xaandir!

Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Taurus Monkey

New Dawn[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dawn[C]   New Dawn[C] EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 2:21 am

His brother's voice was barely above a whisper, and the gentleness he spoke with shocked Brackendawn. Shatteredsky was many things, but this... It was a side he had never seen. Blue eyes shakily raised to meet the flame tinged tom's own, doubting he'd find honesty or clarity there. Perhaps he was being mocked, which wasn't something he'd put past his brother. Instead Shatteredsky seemed just as vulnerable as the brindled warrior felt, his gaze was almost tender, like he cared. He felt the same, and for the first time in moons Brackendawn felt understood. His fluffy tail stirred the dirt, reflecting the maelstrom he felt inwardly.

Shatteredsky's idea further conflicted him. It wasn't that simple. Would anyone else even go with them? What about the footing he was starting to regain... He had friends here now. Those friends still didn't change how he felt about their 'real' home, this place was alien. He'd felt at home in his mother's embrace in StarClan, he could have stayed, but he returned. He still wanted to go back, her love burnt him, and it was torturous to feel so alone. For a moment he wondered who Shatteredsky encountered on his own moonstone, had he met their mother too? The silence was drawing on, and he knew his brother would want answer -one he didn't have. "I don't know." he said hoarsely, swallowing the thickness in his throat"What would even be left there?" A scattering of corpses and hope, that was what was left. The lakes had been home, but there was death there. What if it still lingered, waiting for them to return? The wolves would find them, and would take Honeydew and Shatteredsky and Harespring from him. Had he really come back only to return to their hungry eyes and drooling maws so soon.

New Dawn[C] Giphy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Dawn[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dawn[C]   New Dawn[C] Empty

Back to top Go down