Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Was Anyone Ever So Young? [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [B] Blazepaw, [N] Nightpaw, [S] Smokeykit
Clan/Rank : [O] T2 WindClan Warrior, [B] SkyClan Apprentice, [N] ShadowClan Apprentice, [S] ShadowClan Kit
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 185

Was Anyone Ever So Young? [C] Empty
PostSubject: Was Anyone Ever So Young? [C]   Was Anyone Ever So Young? [C] EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024 - 22:23

OATPAWare you going to age with grace?
he/him - windclan apprentice
Late evening faded slowly to dusk. The moon was beginning to show its face as the sun dipped idly below the horizon, casting wonderful hues of pink and orange both across the cloudy winter sky. Oatpaw was sprawled out lazily in front of the apprentice's den, his tail tapping the ground with curiosity. He was watching Eveningpaw patch a hole in the camp wall, the gorse having come undone after a night of particularly unfriendly wind and snow - and it was beginning to cross his mind just how odd it was that they'd never even spoken, much less patrolled together. Eveningpaw could be such a shy cat, and Oatpaw was realizing just how caught up he'd been in his own adventures with the other apprentices - such that it had never even occurred to him to approach her. Has a great friend been under my nose this entire time? His ears perked with interest. 

No part of him was scared to talk to her, but he wasn't quite sure how to approach her. It was an odd feeling - one he'd never really known before. Oatpaw prided himself on his friendliness, his ability to make sure everyone was included. But how did he start with Eveningpaw? Well, he thought to himself, I guess I'd start by walking over there.

He pulled himself to his paws and stretched, then hopped over to where Eveningpaw stood mending the gorse. "Hey, Eveningpaw!" Oatpaw meowed as he approached, his eyes bright with friendliness. Mouse-dung. What now? As usual, he'd acted before thinking things through. They could hunt, or spar, or...he glanced at the sunset splitting the sky. Maybe it could just be simple. "I was just about to go for a walk! Would you wanna come with me?" He invited, blinking softly. It hadn't been quite so cold today - perfect walk weather, really. Maybe he could finally get to know his denmate.

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7377

PostSubject: Re: Was Anyone Ever So Young? [C]   Was Anyone Ever So Young? [C] EmptyThu 15 Feb 2024 - 13:09

Eveningpaw had become determined to find all sort of small tasks that she could do - to prove herself to the Clan even if she was too timid to raise a paw when it came to fighting. She was still prodding the possibility of being a tunneler - to use her smaller size as a boon - but it was hard to chase that possibility with the snow that had filled said tunnels and digging in snow only went so far... So she had taken to helping fix up the dens, or this case the camp walls itself. She was nearly done, carefully trying to tuck the last of the gorse in when a voice caught her to jolt, nearly unraveling her latest work.

She threw a bewildered look at the tom that had approached her - Oatpaw. She knew him...Barely. They were denmates but she had never... She turned back to the wall, quickly finishing off the patch she was working on as Oatpaw fished for more to say but when he did, she paused in honest surprise. A...Walk? None of the other apprentices had ever really offered such a chance to her before, most were so focused on their training and... She had been an apprentice so long - maybe not as long as Marigoldpaw but it still made it harder to connect to the apprentices who came and went from the apprentice's den so quickly while she just...

She just stayed there, feeling forgotten. It...It had been fine, she didn't mind being on her own. Existing on the edge of the other apprentice's lives while they all hurried to gain their warrior name and leave her behind. It was fine. But that only made her more certain of the offer now before her - leaving her wondering why. Why was Oatpaw offering to let her join him on a walk? What was even... But... She missed it, getting to know cats. It had been hard to want to connect to others after her sister had... She couldn't compare to the hole that Finchspeckle left behind and any other cat would likely be a better friend than her.

There was a pause as she tried to fight down the doubts that was rising within her, a part of her body hissing to the rest that it wasn't true - her Clanmates cared about her! It wasn't her fault and it wasn't their fault either. Oatpaw was trying to reach out to her after all! But the doubts remained, but she simply smiled through it as she tried to hide the uncertainty. "Oh, sure! Do you...Have any plans past that? Just going where the wind takes you or heading to a place in particular?" she asked, fine with either.

Was Anyone Ever So Young? [C] ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon
TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [B] Blazepaw, [N] Nightpaw, [S] Smokeykit
Clan/Rank : [O] T2 WindClan Warrior, [B] SkyClan Apprentice, [N] ShadowClan Apprentice, [S] ShadowClan Kit
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 185

PostSubject: Re: Was Anyone Ever So Young? [C]   Was Anyone Ever So Young? [C] EmptyThu 29 Feb 2024 - 20:18

OATPAWare you going to age with grace?
he/him - windclan apprentice
Eveningpaw didn't quite meet his gaze as he spoke, but Oatpaw didn't let it deter him. Sometimes, he found, cats were just a bit shy - and sometimes, they just didn't think much of themselves. His ears twitched with understanding. Well, she had nothing to worry about. His offer of friendship was genuine. He hadn't quite clicked with the other apprentices yet - well, maybe Sycamorepaw and Rapidpaw, but he didn't know them too well just yet - and he wanted to get to know his Clanmates better. Maybe he'd find a close friend soon enough.

Eveningpaw had been an interesting fixture in the apprentices' den. Every time a Clan meeting was called, Oatpaw was sure she'd finally get her name.  She'd been there since he was born. If he'd been leader, she would've gotten her name moons ago! She was easily more knowledgeable than some of the younger cats who'd gotten their names before her. He'd always been curious - he wondered often what kind of effect it'd had on her. She must be terribly lonely, he figured. I know I would be. Uncertainty flashed briefly in her gaze, but he caught it just before she hid it away again. Still, Oatpaw's chestnut gaze remained warm and sincere. I'm choosing you, it seemed to say. I want to get to know you. Not anyone else.

A goofy grin broke Oatpaw's maw when she finally accepted. His heart leaped with thrill. Yes! Now he just had to successfully not make a fool out of himself, and maybe they could get to know each other and become more than just mere denmates passing by. Friends, maybe. He'd love a friend. His tail, flicking gently in the air as happiness thrummed in his paws. "Great! Er - well, no, not exactly. I usually just go where the wind takes me." Oatpaw admitted, laughing a bit nervously. "Is there anywhere you'd like to go? I don't know this territory so well." He blinked, leaving matters in her paws. He was happy to just walk and talk, letting his paws guide him across the moor. 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was Anyone Ever So Young? [C]   Was Anyone Ever So Young? [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

Was Anyone Ever So Young? [C]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Territory-
Jump to: