Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

I Miss When Things Were Simple [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [S]piderkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [S] SC Kit
Number of posts : 691

I Miss When Things Were Simple [C] Empty
PostSubject: I Miss When Things Were Simple [C]   I Miss When Things Were Simple [C] EmptySat 3 Feb 2024 - 22:00

Nectarflower

For once, Nectarflower had decided to take a brief break from patrolling or repairing the camp. Since returning home, she'd done little else, and it was starting to show. Her body, already thin from the long moons of starvation and illness, was sore and demanded just a short respite from working. Usually, the tortoiseshell wasn't keen to slack off, but she had to admit that she desperately needed an evening to herself. As nice as it was to be back on the moor, this entire ordeal had been one thing after another...a short break couldn't hurt.

Sniffling softly, the blue and cream she-cat came to a stop atop a massive hill, taking in the familiar sights and smells of her home. The land around the lake had been nice enough, but it was nothing compared to her birthplace. This moor held so many memories, both good and bad, but such was the way of life. This was where countless Windclan cats had lived and died - her own mate was buried in this territory...she could have never stayed gone for long.

A frosty breeze ruffled through her fur, carrying with it the scent of another cat. Tail flicking curiously, Nectarflower tested the air, her ears twitching back and forth. The last time she'd come across a rogue on Windclan territory, it hadn't ended well. Even now, she could vividly remember the baying of dogs and the metallic scent of blood. Repressing a shudder, the warrior descended the hill and followed the smell for a short while before finally coming to the border between Windclan's land and the previously unexplored frontier beyond the clans. 

Whoever it was, they didn't seem to have crossed the border, but thinking that it was better to be safe than sorry, Nectarflower trotted along the scent line, her gaze never straying from the rocky land that led toward High Stones. Even though she was happy to be home, it was hard to suppress the urge to search once more for Finchspeckle. Every day, Nectarflower found her thoughts wandering to the uncertain fate of her daughter. And, every day, she became more and more certain that the young warrior would never return.

Conflicted, Nectarflower came to a stop and sat down, her paws just barely within the confines of the border, and simply stared at the distant mountain range. She had tried once to leave in secret, and it hadn't gone well. As a fresh warrior, she wouldn't have hesitated when it came to adventure - but she had responsibilities now. Eveningpaw, her sole surviving kit, still needed her. It was bad enough that she'd almost abandoned her back at the lake.

Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Characters : [H]Harebounce, [R]Redsun, [S]Snaildance, [M]Ramone
Clan/Rank : RC Tier 4 Warrior; TC Tier 3 Warrior, SC Tier 2 Warrior, Tier 1 Rogue
Leo Dragon
Number of posts : 2520

PostSubject: Re: I Miss When Things Were Simple [C]   I Miss When Things Were Simple [C] EmptyFri 1 Mar 2024 - 18:23

It was days like these that felt so stark against what they’d known in the past. No stone paths, no machines, no trash, only grass and shy flower buds peeking through the frost. Ramone took a long, deep breath. Crisp air, chilly to the nose and throat, although now one smell had returned to predominance. One of the “clans” had returned home. All that land, so open and free, now sprawled behind invisible barriers. The crew’s party was over and done with. Their dream of open spaces, where you could hunt as far as you could see, silenced. Why they bothered coming back after seeing the wasteland they’d left behind, this crewmate had no clue. They didn’t really care for their reasons, but common sense seemed lacking here.

Now though, they were under strict orders to ensure clan cats stayed within the borders they’d set themselves. If the clans wanted to follow the Rules or Code - whatever it was they called it - the crew were more than happy to enforce their border rule here. Malicious compliance, if you will. So on this day, while on a leisurely walk/ hunt, Ramone swung around the moor clan’s border, their nose honed in for both prey - and stray-pawed cats. They fluffed up their fur against the icy wind.

Once the tailwind died down, the faint scent of a clan cat tickled their nose, the smell of heather and sunshine and rabbit fur. ‘Oh? Am I gonna get to rough someone up a little today?’ A trickle of bloodthirst and otherwise boredom fueled their paws on the approach, frost crunching underpaw. That excitement faded into disappointment to see that this cat’s paws sat properly inside the border. She seemed distracted, looking off into the distance with a mostly unreadable, but definitely subdued expression. She didn’t seem intent on crossing, anyhow. Ramone glanced in the same direction, wondering if there truly was something there worth looking at besides rock and ice, before acknowledging the she-cat directly. “You lookin’ at something, missy?

They were bored. Maybe talking to someone new would change that.

"Close your eyes, I'll be here in the mornin'."
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [S]piderkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [S] SC Kit
Number of posts : 691

PostSubject: Re: I Miss When Things Were Simple [C]   I Miss When Things Were Simple [C] EmptyFri 29 Mar 2024 - 20:14

Nectarflower

Nectarflower was, unfortunately, so lost in thought that she didn't even notice the stranger as they stealthily approached. If they'd been intent on harming her, they surely wouldn't have had a hard time of it. With a soft hiss of surprise, she flinched away from them, her green eyes blown wide with shock. Luckily, they didn't seem particularly interested in a fight and, if they had been, Nectarflower didn't think she'd have had it in her to entertain it. Especially not considering the poor end to her last encounter with a rogue. Even now, she shuddered at the memory.

However, this cat and the one she'd met before weren't the same and it wouldn't be fair to treat them as though they were. Besides, they seemed...friendly enough. Though, the scars that marred their pelt would suggest otherwise. With a flick of her tail, the warrior shifted a little further from the border, her pelt prickling. "What?" She meowed plainly, still too surprised by the scarred rogue's sudden appearance to string together a proper sentence. Then, as if a cloud had lifted over her mind, she shook her head and fixed a suspicious look on the gray cat. "Oh. Just the mountains."

Shuffling her paws and trying to maintain her composure, Nectarflower's eyes narrowed. Being rude wouldn't get her anywhere, and it wasn't like the stranger had crossed the border, but it was better to be safe than sorry. "Can I...help you? I'd really rather not waste time and energy on a scrap right now if it's all the same to you." She was still sore from all the hunting she'd done - adding claw marks on top of her aching muscles wasn't particularly appealing.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Miss When Things Were Simple [C]   I Miss When Things Were Simple [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

I Miss When Things Were Simple [C]
Page 1 of 1