Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

underneath the heather sky - solo

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kiikko

kiikko

Characters : Sleepyhollow | Echosong | Foxtrot | Fawneye | Stagpaw | Weaver
Clan/Rank : WC |TC | SkC | RC | SC
Aries Dragon
Number of posts : 682

underneath the heather sky - solo Empty
PostSubject: underneath the heather sky - solo   underneath the heather sky - solo EmptyThu 1 Feb 2024 - 20:54

Si have never been a calm blue sea,
i have always been a storm
// if you wanna be sad with sleepy i think 'somewhere only we know' by keane is very sleepy coded and fits this solo really well.

As Sleepyhollow returned home with her Windclan companions, the moors within view, relief rushed through her - though her thoughts drifted to Vulturepaw, and Russetrye whom they had to leave behind.

As soon as they were in completely known territory, Sleepyhollow veered off from the rest of the clan, her steps guided by a deep longing to visit her fallen clanmates. The graves of her beloved brother and best friend were hidden from view of the main path, they laid in open air on a small hill that overlooked the moors, from there she could see most of the main hunting grounds. The wind ruffled her fur, the familiar scent of the Windclan air wrapping around her like a hug from her mother, making her feel completely at ease.

She gazed down at the rocks that marked her fallen clanmates. Vulturepaw, her sickly brother had been her closest confidant next to Russetrye, and his loss still felt as raw and painful as the day he passed. She drew in a shaky breath. Russetrye, her adventerous companion had shared dreams of exploring the mountains beyond, but their plans were forever halted by Russetrye's untimely death.

As Sleepyhollow stood before them a flood of emotions washed over her. She remembered the laughter they shared, their dreams they had woven together, and the bond they had despite all of the challenges that they had faced as apprentices and young warriors. She felt a deep stab of sorrow mixed with the bittersweet memories of their shared aspirations.

"I wish you could have seen it, Russ," Sleepyhollow murmured. "The moors by the mountains were as green and wild as you always imagined. The wind dances through the heather, and the sky stretched out beyond the eye could see, just waiting to be explored."

She closed her eyes, imagining Russetrye's laugh echoing across the plains, she hoped her friend was soaring free amongst the rolling hills and endless skies in Starclan.

"Every pawstep I took was for you." she confessed, "For the adventures we wanted to go on..but never could." her voice was barely above a whisper. She could feel the weight of her unspoken feelings hanging in the air. Her heart felt as if it were breaking, as if Russetrye had just passed. It was the first time she was allowing herself to feel all of these emotions.

"I loved you," she admitted, her voice quivering as she said the words aloud that she had only ever told Silverwing, "Not just as a friend, but as something mroe. I loved you with every fiber of my being, with every breath, and with every beat of my heart."

Silence settled over them as Sleepyhollow waited, her words hanging like a fragile thread connecting her to the spirit of her friend. She knew Russetrye could never respond, never hear her confession, but still she spoke, pouring out her heart amidst the forest. Maybe somewhere in the stars above Russetrye could hear her.

"I wish I had told you sooner," Sleepyhollow continued, her voice filled with regret, "I wish I had taken the chance...a-actually told you how much you meant to me. Made it clear how much I loved you."

Tears were spilling from her eyes and rolling down her cheeks and splashing onto the rocks below her. "I miss you.." she whispered, her voice cracking. The calico sniffed, wiping the tears from her cheeks with the back of her paw and taking in a shaky breath.

Amidst her grief, Sleepyhollow felt a stirring in her soul, deep within. She had come to realize within the past few moons that wallowing in the sadness and isolation wasn't honoring the memories of her loved ones. With a determined resolve, she vowed to prioritize branching out, building more friendships with her clanmates, cherishing more moments in the present, and honoring the legacy of Vulturepaw and Russetrye by living a life filled with connection, and finding love in those who were still around her.

With a final, lingering gaze at Russetrye's grave, Sleepyhollow turned away, her spirit feeling lighter by the cathartic release of her confession. As she walked away a strange sensation washed over her, causing her to pause in her tracks. The Windclanner inhaled deeply, the crisp scent of heather and grass filling her lungs, but beneath it, she detected something else-- something familiar, yet ethereal.

Closing her eyes, Sleepyhollow focused on the scent, her heart racing with a mixture of disbelief and hope. No. Russetrye was dead.

A gentle breeze whispered past her, carrying with it the fleeting fragrance that sent a shiver down her spine. She knew it well and it was unmistakable. "Russetrye? Is that you?"

The breeze danced around her once again, caressing her fur like a tender embrace, and Sleepyhollow couldn't help but feel even more at peace. Whether it truly was Russetrye's spirit or a figment of her imagination she didn't care. She knew one thing for certain- that her friend would always be with her, guiding her from the stars.

"I'll carry you with me, in every pawstep I take. You'll always be a part of me, forever and always."

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner