Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Yewkit's Apprentice Ceremony

Go down 
+4
Ishtar
Grohiik
uwubers
kjSage
8 posters
AuthorMessage
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5634

Yewkit's Apprentice Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Yewkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Yewkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyMon 29 Jan 2024 - 8:14

Slowly but surely, Paledove's kits were becoming apprentices. These viciously cold mountains were hardly a good place to start training, Wolfblossom knew, but these ceremonies would not be delayed.

"Let all Skyclanners old enough to climb a tree gather before me for a clan meeting!"

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 698

PostSubject: Re: Yewkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Yewkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyMon 29 Jan 2024 - 9:53

Honeypaw

Honeypaw was sunning herself on a rock, resting her weary muscles and watching over the kits playing nearby when she heard the summons. Her ears perked up at her grandmother's call, and she lifted herself to her feet and stretched her legs. She blinked sleepiness from her eyes and padded forward, gesturing with her tail for the kits to follow her. Myrtlepaw was just apprenticed, so this must have to do with the other kits as well, she mused. Excitement pricked in her paws. She settled herself near the front. If this is another apprentice ceremony, I will make sure they can hear me!

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Grohiik

Grohiik

Characters : Mallowpaw[skc]; Stoatpaw[wc]; Batpaw[shc] --Copper was here <3
Number of posts : 288

PostSubject: Re: Yewkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Yewkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue 30 Jan 2024 - 4:44

MALLOWKIT !
Mallowkit quickly ceased his playing, scrambling to put himself in a sitting position after being on his back. He'd been interested in apprentice ceremonies lately, trying to gather how he should behave in his own. He knew his wouldn't be too long, after all of Paledove's kits were apprenticed it'd be his turn...

Myrtlekit was Myrtlepaw now... He shot a hopeful glance at Yewkit, a warm smile on his features. If this was an apprentice ceremony, he hoped it was his best friend's.

tags;

Back to top Go down
Ishtar

Ishtar

Characters : Tallshadow, Daisyfang, Cricketpaw
Clan/Rank : (T)WindClan Warrior[T3] (D)WindClan MC[T1] (C)SkyClan Apprentice
Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: Yewkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Yewkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue 30 Jan 2024 - 12:59

Cricketpaw was lounging behind the rock Honeypaw was sunning herself on. Content to stretch out in the clinging shadows and watch SkyClan’s camp move through the day. The white and tabby molly was something close to relaxed, her mis-matched eyes rolled over the coming and goings of the warriors attentively before flicking back to watch her littermates as they sunned themselves or tussled in the snow. No one would be bold enough to hurt her or her siblings with Honeypaw right here. Safety in numbers was a good bet. She could just lounge, enjoying the fluffy warmth of her own pelt, and not have to worry about making sure she said or did the right things. Her littermates were familiar and comfortable, and they loved her as much as she loved them.

Her fragile sense of security was broken as Honeypaw hopped off her rock perch and began to settle into the gathering crowd. Cricketpaw wanted to growl, she was enjoying watching her family, and now all her siblings' attention was torn away. The tabby and white she-cat followed Honeypaw and her littermates, internally wincing when Honeypaw chose a spot in the front. What a terrible spot to pick. She settled herself next to the pale apprentice, curling her fluffy tail tightly around her paws. She couldn’t see any of the cats who settled behind her. Her white ear flicked back to catch the noises of her clanmates behind her, but the unknown still made her pelt prickle with anxiety.

Her strange mis-matched gaze lingered coldly on Mallowkit as he beamed at her brother. Surely Yewkit didn’t value the pale tom-kit over her, right? She was still more important. She had to be. Under the eyes of all their clanmates, Yewkit showing favor to Mallowkit could undermine her position. If her brother didn’t acknowledge her, the clan would think something was wrong, they would wonder what she had done to lose even the loyalty of her kin. It could ruin her. Cricketpaw switched over to Honeypaw’s other side and gently nudged her way between Honeypaw and Yewkit, flicking her fluffy tail against Honeypaw’s shoulder. She knew how much the pointed apprentice cared about her and her littermates, how hard she worked in vain to fill the gaping hole Paledove left behind. A little show of affection, warmer than usual, would distract the older apprentice from her real designs.

Cricketpaw rubbed her fluffy cheek against Honeypaw’s shoulder. “What do you think the meeting is about?” She asked softly, glancing up at her with a gentle curiosity. She leaned closer to Yewkit, subtly glaring at Mallowkit over his shoulder before reaching up to lick her brother’s ear. “I bet it’s your ceremony, Yewkit. You’ll do great.” Her normal soft cadence was bright with joy as she rubbed her cheek against his.

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
ChaoticCrow

ChaoticCrow

Characters : Larkshine - Shadowclan //// Myrtlebloom - Skyclan //// Sycamorepaw - Windclan
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan - Tier 2 Warrior //// Skyclan - Tier 2 Warrior //// Windclan - Apprentice
Pisces Snake
Number of posts : 294

PostSubject: Re: Yewkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Yewkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue 30 Jan 2024 - 13:29

Myrtlepaw
Apprentice | Skyclan | She/Her

Myrtlepaw's was brought out of her nap when she heard Wolfblossom's words. She stretched out her long multi-colored body and then quickly followed after her siblings. She watched as Cricketpaw swapped which side of Honeypaw she was sitting on and then Myrtlepaw sat on Honeypaw's open side.

Her ears twitched in anticipation, "I bet you're right Cricketpaw. I'm sure Yewkit will become an apprentice today!" She mewed leaning forward to look past Honeypaw at her siblings.

Discord: ChaoticCrow | Timezone: Mountain Daylight Time (MDT) | Code (c) Kieer

Myrtlebloom of Skyclan Art:

Sycamorepaw of Windclan Art:

Last edited by ChaoticCrow on Thu 21 Mar 2024 - 16:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Triangle

Triangle

Characters : Ospreypaw (Sk) | Emberkit (Tc)
Clan/Rank : Skyclan apprentice | Thunderclan kit
Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: Yewkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Yewkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue 30 Jan 2024 - 20:19

The tabby kit’s ears pricked up at Wolfblossom’s summons. She wasted no time scrambling down from the stump she was climbing and darting over to her siblings. Another apprentice ceremony she realized with glee. Settling behind Cricketpaw and Yewkit where there was still space, she arrived just in time to catch their words. “Ready to be Yewpaw?” She grinned and batted at her brother’s tail teasingly. Any disappointment she’d originally felt overhearing his name suggested she quickly stomped down on, trying to ignore the feeling, but it persisted.

Cricketpaw, Myrtlepaw, and now her brother too! Even Mallowpaw, who was younger than them had his ceremony already. Ospreykit looked over their heads again at the snow-covered makeshift “high-rock”. At every yell to gather she came running. Her excitement would always spike the same way, because surely her turn would come this time. But still her name hadn’t been called through the hushed, bitter-cold air.

Anxiety dropped the smile from her muzzle momentarily before she remembered she was supposed to be happy and forced the excitement back into her expression. She was happy for them. Really. Yewkit deserved this. She knew he was looking forward to proving himself just as much as her. And she would get her turn soon, right? It’s not like Wolfblossom could have forgotten about her. Not when she tried so hard to get other cat’s to notice her with her amateur pouncing, climbing, and every other skill she could think of. She even made sure to practice while her siblings started going off to train with their mentors. It hadn’t even been a half-moon yet, but still, she couldn’t let herself fall behind. A few attempts had the opposite of the desired effect, getting her scolded for being too reckless, playing too rough, even attention-seeking. Was this wait a punishment then? She’d only been trying to show that she was ready! The thought of her littermates living in a whole different den, proving themselves and becoming warriors while she was stuck in the nursery…

She had to be apprenticed soon. The eagerness in her paws from when she was younger to see what was out there had been killed the moment it actually happened. She had wanted to explore beyond camp, not be forced from the only home she’d known. But that was Starclan’s will it seemed. And so her desperation to be apprenticed had found new motivation. What if the wolves came back and she wasn’t ready? And worse, what if that meant she was letting down her mother? All Osprey had left of her was those expectations- and the other kits Paledove had left behind. Those same siblings wouldn’t grow up as apprentices without her, would they?

Taking a deep inhale through her nose, she refocused. This meeting was about Yewkit, not her. She would be ready to cheer him on even if that meant a longer wait herself. They were family after all. She exhaled and let out a cool puff of mist in the frosty air. ”You’re gonna be amazing.” She whispered to her brother.

kieer
Former Staff
Former Staff

Aquarius Snake
Number of posts : 581

PostSubject: Re: Yewkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Yewkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyWed 31 Jan 2024 - 1:12

Yewkit ran as fast as he could from the rocks when Wolfblossom yowled her familiar call. Finally. It had to be his turn now, right? Not Ospreykit's? He loved his littermates more than he loved anything, but he wasn't sure if he could take it if he was apprenticed last. He felt a pang of guilt - he would never say these words out loud. They'd never know how he truly felt about it.

As he settled into the crowd next to Honeypaw, he caught Mallowkit's gorgeous icy blue gaze. He grinned wide in return, squeezing his eyes shut. It made him feel better that he wasn't the only one hoping. His best friend had his back! He silently vowed that he'd try to play mossball with the tom later, returning his gaze back to his family that had gathered.

He released a soft groan as Cricketpaw began to slide herself between him and Honeypaw, shuffling desperately to make room for his sister. "I hope it is!" He tried to whisper back, but truthfully, he almost yelled it out of excitement. He couldn't help but smile when Myrtlepaw and Ospreykit backed her up and he nuzzled into Cricketpaw's soft fur. His heart was full with the support and love of his family. They were the most important thing to him. Stars, I hope so. I'm ready. "We're going to make the best apprentices in the world and Paledove will be proud of us." He purred, mostly to reassure himself. Paledove wasn't here to see that he was going to be the strong, brave warrior she wanted him to be. But, it's okay. I'll meet her in StarClan and by then I'll be the cat she wanted me to be. I will never shed another tear and she'll know it to be true because she's watched me be brave this whole time. I have to do this.

His eyes sparkled as he looked up at Wolfblossom. Please call me forward.

Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5634

PostSubject: Re: Yewkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Yewkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyWed 31 Jan 2024 - 8:14

"Yewkit, step forward," She had watched as Paledove's litter grew, and as Honeypaw had stepped in to help care for them, and a warm smile was upon the deputy's face. Yewkit's excitement was obvious.

Once the apprentice stepped forward, the deputy continued, "You have reached the age of six moons, and it is time you become an apprentice. From now until you earn your warrior name you shall be known as Yewpaw, and your mentor will be Crookedlight." She finished, dipping her head to the warrior she had named. The warrior was experienced and trusted, Wolfblossom hoped he would train Yewpaw well.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2952

PostSubject: Re: Yewkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Yewkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyThu 1 Feb 2024 - 19:26

Crookedlight

Crookedlight struggled to get back to full health even after being healed. The exhaustion stuck with him and the fogginess clung to his mind. He was getting better with every passing day, especially now that they were heading back home. He watched the ceremony quietly from the crowd and was surprised when his name was called to be the mentor to this new apprentice.

He hurried up to the front of the ceremony and smiled down at Yewpaw. He was sick when Paledove had her litter and he was trying to catch up on who all the new kits—or now, apprentices—were. He smiled at Yewpaw and leaned down to meet their noses together. “I will do my best to teach you,” he told Yewpaw. “For now we need to focus on getting home, though. I’ll show you all around the territory then.”
SkyClan • Tier 5 • He/Him • 70 | 160 • #ff6699
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Grohiik

Grohiik

Characters : Mallowpaw[skc]; Stoatpaw[wc]; Batpaw[shc] --Copper was here <3
Number of posts : 288

PostSubject: Re: Yewkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Yewkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri 2 Feb 2024 - 3:47

MALLOWKIT !
Mallowkit wasn't usually loud, but for Yewpaw he would be the loudest cat in the camp. For his best friend, he would call out to all the cats of StarClan to celebrate SkyClan's newest apprentice and welcome their greatest future warrior. "Yewpaw! Yewpaw!" His voice carried up into the heavens, dripping with pride and love for the cat that had become one of his closest friends.

Part of him was trying to make up for a cat who could not be present for this ceremony. Paledove. He prayed to the stars above that the she-cat was watching her son, just as proud as he was of the growing tom. It was unfortunate that she'd passed so soon, and while Mallowkit knew he would never be able to make up for the fact that she was not present, he hoped he could offer some solace.

As he called the name of the piebald apprentice, his paws carried him towards the tom. With a dip of his head, he gave Yewpaw a friendly shove in his flank. "I'll miss you in the nursery," he murmured sadly, "but I'll be joining you soon, I bet! Don't leave me behind in training, okay? Save me a nest! I want to be near you and Honeypaw!"

Back to top Go down
kieer
Former Staff
Former Staff

Aquarius Snake
Number of posts : 581

PostSubject: Re: Yewkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Yewkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptySat 3 Feb 2024 - 8:09

Yewkit's heart raced as Wolfblossom called him forward. Finally, it's my turn. He released a shaky breath as he rose to his paws. He had been waiting desperately for this moment - his mind calculating every outcome. He was eager to step into the role of an apprentice. Pride and anticipation danced in his mismatched gaze. This was it!

Wolfblossom's warm smile was met with a respectful dip of his head from Yewpaw, Yewkit no longer. He was now Yewpaw of SkyClan. He's going to have to get used to that.

Crookedlight. His head snapped behind him, desperately searching for Crookedlight among the crowd. As the tom approached, he was silently assessed. Despite the lingering signs of his recent illness, he looked great - and his reputation as an experienced warrior was mildly intimidating. Though, loyalty would be earned and not assumed. Despite this, he closed his eyes and touched noses with Crookedlight. I wonder what Paledove would have thought of him? He thought, recalling previous conversations in the nursery. I wonder what she'd think of all of the mentors. He guessed she'd probably hate a portion of them - they all seemed a little questionable. "I won't let you down." He promised. He was ready for the challenge, but first he'd have to get home.

Yewpaw's heart swelled with gratitude as he heard his best friend call out his new name - it felt so odd. His eyes sparkled as the tom approached him, helping him close the distance with a few strides. "I'll make sure we save a spot for you! The apprentice den wouldn't be the same without Mallowpaw." He reassured him, returning the playful nudge.

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 698

PostSubject: Re: Yewkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Yewkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyMon 5 Feb 2024 - 9:41

Honeypaw

Once the cheering had died down and things had settled, Honeypaw appeared at once at Yewpaw's side. "Congratulations!" she mewed softly into his ear fur, her blue eyes glittering. "I'm excited to welcome you into the ranks of apprenticeship. I know you'll become a strong warrior SkyClan will be proud to have." She gave his shoulder an affectionate headbutt and licked the top of his head.

"That's right, Mallowkit," she chirped at the younger tom. "It will soon be your turn." She smiled warmly at the two young cats, suddenly grateful for how close they had all become along the way. Bad things happen, but good things do, too, she thought to herself. "Of course we will save you a nest." She turned her face and gave him a soft lick on the forehead too, whiskers twitching. "I best be off now, Mistflower wanted to go hunting. Congratulations again, Yewpaw. I hope you have fun with your new mentor!" She flicked each tom with her tail before scampering off, scattering a spray of snow behind her as she ran.

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yewkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Yewkit's Apprentice Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Yewkit's Apprentice Ceremony
Page 1 of 1