Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING]

Go down 
+4
kjSage
Holly
Kitty
Ash
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6722

the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING] Empty
PostSubject: the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING]   the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING] EmptySun 14 Jan 2024 - 12:16

Littlepaw's herbs had worked miracles, and after a day or two of rest, Perchstar was finally back on her paws. She wished that that could be the end of it--that now the only concern would be strengthening her Clan and preparing to hopefully head home. But unfortunately, the problems that had arisen right before her illness struck still stood. Beechfang... and Birdchaser. From what she knew from Poppyshine, those issues had not magically disappeared while she lay bedridden. So now it was finally time to inform the Clan. Now that she could string more than one sentence together at a time, that was. She wasn't foolish enough to declare war just yet, but... it was high time that her Clanmates knew for certain what was going on.

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own fish gather for a Clan meeting," she called, making her way to the highest point of their makeshift camp. It felt strange to use the summons without the familiar texture of willow bark beneath her claws, but she would make do. They all would. Once a sizable number of her Clanmates had gathered--all looking the better for wear since Littlepaw and Sandyshell had gotten to work healing them, which made a spark of relief shudder through her--she began to speak. "I apologize for being out of commission for so long. Now that I have recovered, I will be working harder than ever to fulfill my duties. That starts with this meeting." Her voice was still a little bit rough from moons of coughing and lack of speech, but its commanding note had returned. Slipping back into leadership felt like putting her own comfortable pelt back on after wearing an unfamiliar one. "And that starts with finally filling you in on the happenings between our Clan and SkyClan."

It would have been nice to take care of this promptly, but with the illness and everything... Perchstar ignored the feeling of frustration that itched at her paws and simply spoke. Explaining everything as concisely as possible would be a good first step. "Just before I grew ill, I received unwelcome news. Our former allies, SkyClan, went back on their word and accepted Beechfang into their Clan. Many of you were not around when it happened, so I will offer a quick retelling of the first moons of my leadership. Beechfang was a SkyClan cat who murdered our medicine cat, Cloverheart. For so doing, she was exiled, which was the only reason that SkyClan and RiverClan remained on good terms. I had thought those days long behind us, but it appears that Birdstar went behind my back and reinstated that murderer's position in their Clan. I confronted Birdstar, but she would not listen to reason. Just as I promised retaliation, however, I was struck with illness and unable to do anything. All I was able to tell you was to keep away from SkyClan before I completely lost my leader capabilities. But I am telling you now." Her posture, straight-backed and confident, would hopefully inspire confidence that she was capable once more. "We are not going to war just yet. However, I have promised--and intend to keep my promise--that until Beechfang is gone from SkyClan and is no longer a threat to us, then our former allies will not know peace. But I would not lead you into a fight we could not win, nor when our Clan is not yet ready. For now we wait." She owed Poppyshine that much, at the very least. But with the herbs they had... perhaps the wait would not be too long. The thought caused a strange tightness in her throat. It was not as if she relished the idea of war.

"If you have any ideas, any questions, or if you simply need my help on any other matter, then now would be a good time to speak with me about it. If not, then that is all. Please, do not go on your own initiative to cause trouble for our enemies--they will have plenty in good time, I assure you. I tell you this for the sake of honesty and communication, and so that you may remain safe. Please, keep far away from SkyClan if you can help it. For all we know they could be waiting for the chance to murder another." Perchstar let out a deep breath. "Come speak to me if you need anything. Thank you all for your patience, and for your time."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4941

PostSubject: Re: the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING]   the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING] EmptySun 14 Jan 2024 - 12:26

For the first time in what felt like moons, she heard her mother's call atop the small peak that had become the leader's position. It had come to a point where she couldn't help but wonder if she would ever hear those words come again, but such bad thinking had been shoved away as the newest face in the medicine den seemed to take up their position with stride. Much more than stride, in fact--it seemed as if, for what was the first time in eons, that Starclan had sent them a blessing in the face of Littlepaw. He worked much harder than any apprentice his age, even harder than some of the healthy warriors that Mistwalker had observed.

There was no surprise on the elder's face as she limped her way with a painful slowness to her place, hobbling even as Perchstar began her announcements. This was information that she had known, as she had been the one to overhear. Flicking an ear, a curiosity prompted into her mind.

"Mother," Mistwalker's voice climbed above the crowd at the first possible moment, her tone inflecting the question that would soon follow. "What does this signal for our relations with Thunderclan? Do we remain allied with them? Or have we severed relations there as well?" She did not dare move, simply using the power of her voice to carry. After all, it would waste significant time for her to attempt to limp her way to where Perchstar was, and this was information that would be for the good of the Clan. Even if she could not quite walk, she was more than ready to defend Riverclan however she could.

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6042

PostSubject: Re: the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING]   the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING] EmptySun 14 Jan 2024 - 12:32

The call of a Clan meeting was a familiar one, and one that Scarletpaw was deeply grateful for. The order of a leader calling the Clan together to share announcements... It was something he'd missed, stumbling blindly through the aftermath of the storm with Pigeonpaw.

Though the news that Perchstar had to share with them wasn't reassuring at all. The tale the leader spun was one from well before his time, but to think that any Clan would embrace a murderer back into their ranks... How could they call themselves honorable? Didn't murder go directly against the warrior code?

Still, there were other concerns. The threat of war settled over his thoughts like a storm cloud. The scent of blood--his own, the beast's, Pigeonpaw's--filled his nose, though the battle was long over and the wounds as healed as they ever would be. He glanced into a nearby puddle to see the marks on his face, pale and furless but no longer bloodied.

He couldn't go against his leader, couldn't go against the Code he was bound to learn and follow. But just the thought of it made him feel sick. What was he supposed to do?

Pulled out of his thoughts by his mentor's--or former mentor, as she'd retired while he was lost, but she would remain his mentor in his mind; one worthy of honor and respect--words, he listened intently as she spoke. It was a good question; the alliance RiverClan had been a part of was twofold. Did one side crumbling likewise cause the other to crash, like an uneven den with unsteady foundation?

you don’t know love, you just show love —— info.
✿ kiikko

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING]   the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING] EmptySun 14 Jan 2024 - 13:02

Perchstar's call was an unfamiliar one to the young tom's ears but a more than welcome one. Cats around the clan gathered more swiftly than they had in moons, thanks to the quick work of the herbs he and Sandyshell had shared with the clans. Briefly pushing away the turmoil that had sat with him since the meeting with Shadowclan, Littlepaw had found himself beaming constantly at the improvement of his clanmates. Starclan had chosen right after all. He was able to help every cat in the clan. Tendrils of the illness still clung in the absence of herbs that were still needed but the coughing had become quieter, less persistent.

And, now, Perchstar was well enough to speak before the clan.

The tiny tom's paws carried him quickly over to where the leader spoke. He settled down at the edge and wrapped his tail neatly over his toes, helping to warm them up a bit. A contented purr rumbled in his chest as he looked up at Perchstar, whose grey and white pelt reflected his own. Things were looking up. What had not occurred to him was the purpose of the meeting. Queens shied away from telling morbid tales in the nursery but he'd heard the name once or twice whispered in the elder's den. He understood why now as the announcement concluded.

Littlepaw's blood ran cold. This cat had murdered a previous medicine cat, and they were residing in Skyclan. Worry for himself and Sandyshell formed a lump in his throat. Perchstar's words were the only comfort. Riverclan wasn't going to sit by and let this happen. Thankfully, Skyclan was on the other side of the lake, keeping a good distance between them for the time being. It also made him grateful to have avoided the last gathering, as much as he would have liked to go. With concern shining in his bright green eye, the apprentice found himself meowing softly, "What happens if she comes after one of us?" The words were likely too soft for anyone but the closest cat to hear. For the first time, he wished he had some battle training.
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5692

PostSubject: Re: the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING]   the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING] EmptySun 14 Jan 2024 - 15:51

A call that she hadn't heard in some time, but still familiar, roused Swanpaw from her spot near the edge of camp. Blue eyes landed on Perchstar, and the apprentice couldn't help the twinge of relief at seeing Riverclan's leader up and about. She certainly looked better than she had recently... Better than Willowwisp had, too. Swanpaw loved her mentor Poppyshine, but Riverclan still needed their leader in these strange times, not just the deputy.

Perchstar began to speak, and Swanpaw could only shake her head at the apologies for being sick for so long. It wasn't like it was Perchstar's fault, right? The medicine cats had been trying, but it seemed their efforts hadn't been enough until recently. Hardly something the leader should have needed to apologize for, the medicine cats, on the other paw... No, they had tried their best too.

Perchstar continued to speak, and Swanpaw felt her mood sour. An alliance broken... Of course the other clans would be untrustworthy, why would they have any loyalty to Riverclan above their own cats? But the name Perchstar spoke of stood out to her. Beechfang, Beechfang... She had heard that name before. From the Skyclanner she had spoken to briefly on the journey.

She had blurted out that information so carelessly, so freely. Did Skyclan even know of how foolish their warrior was? Swanpaw had not known of the she-cat beforehand, but it seemed that someone else must have overheard. Or the unreasonably fluffy Skyclanner had continued to run her mouth. If their enemies had cats who were so disloyal... That was a good thing for Riverclan, Swanpaw decided. If Skyclan would harbor a murderer, they were no friend of Riverclan's, and neither should Thunderclan.

But Skyclan had harbored a murderer... And apparently all it had taken was her exile for Perchstar to make an alliance with their leader? Was she so gullible, or was it simply a case of being misguided, of Skyclan too having silver tongues and words of deceit? The alliance was broken now, but how long had it lasted for?

...Perchstar had promised retaliation for such an offense, only to immediately fall ill. Swanpaw didn't believe in fairy tales or myths, but that sure did sound convenient, didn't it? And she had been ill for so long now... So would have found out some time ago. Not that the illness was her fault, Swanpaw reminded herself. It was only coincidence, after all. That's all it was.

Mistwalker asked about their other alliance... With Thunderclan, and Swanpaw's nose wrinkled. "Why should we trust them? One so-called alliance has already betrayed us, what will stop them from doing the same if given the chance?"

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9984

PostSubject: Re: the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING]   the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING] EmptySun 14 Jan 2024 - 18:20

Owlcall perked up at the call of his leader, a voice he hadn't heard in so long. He knew she had fallen sick shortly after arriving at the lake, just as he had but it was worse.. He was afraid that the sickness would claim Perchstar's remaining lives, but here she stood, recovered and getting stronger. It was a relief to see, but her words did not bring relief..

All he could think of is Hawkshriek and his demise. The claw marks left in his body.. They never confirmed what it was, but it made him fear the worst. Was it Skyclan that caused the death? Because of Perchstar swearing action? With this information he couldn't help but think so. With a murder on their paws at the claws of a predator or a clan cat he couldn't help but agree with Swanpaw.. At this point they couldn't trust anyone.

Ravenpaw sat beside Swanpaw, the black tom looking up at the leader with Yellow eyes. He didn't understand the urge to fight. He understood that Skyclan did something wrong but to go and fight over it? It seemed like a waste of time. If they had a murderer then the murderer would kill them from the inside out no? Just leave the clan alone long enough and it would take care of itself.

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Thunderclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Characters : Kestrelpaw ♀ | Jaypaw ♂ | Hawkpaw ♂
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Apprentice | RiverClan Apprentice | SkyClan Apprentice
Libra Cat
Number of posts : 3278

PostSubject: Re: the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING]   the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING] EmptyMon 15 Jan 2024 - 11:48

The severity of the divulging circumstances evaded Jaykit; a little too young and a little too focused upon evading unwanted attention from those who could rightfully send him away from such a meeting. Skittering along the fringes of gathered, stern-faced Clanmates with a surprising amount of clever stealth for one so young and so terribly loud, the terse atmosphere went entirely unnoticed on his behalf. It was pure happenstance and unfortunate chance that he happened to stray closest to Littlepaw, youth-softened understanding of the young tom's ensuing panic and half-whispered fears entirely without any semblance of nuance or sympathy.

Lunging for the young Medicine Cat's tail with gleeful abandon, Jaykit was quick to wrestle the poor appendage away from Littlepaw with a surprising amount of strength. And teeth. "One time I saw a bird die!" Jaykit proudly declares through a mouthful of fur, prickly kitten-claws bearing into the soft lining of Littlepaw's tail as he makes to hold on, "It looked funny, kinda like you do!"

the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING] Img_0312
current characters | semi-return from inactivity
Back to top Go down
Moths in the Sky

Moths in the Sky

Characters : (P)ineheart, ✝ (R)ainpaw, ? (M)aggotpaw ? [S]nailpaw
Clan/Rank : (P) Riverclan Tier I Warrior, (R) Thunderclan App (M) Skyclan Apprentice [S] Riverclan Apprentice
Number of posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING]   the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING] EmptyMon 15 Jan 2024 - 13:16

Snailpaw looked up, his eyes widened and mouth agape. They were some of the only movements he could muster up.

His tail flicked around, nervously feeling the ground.

"How could any.. I.. That's cruel.." He coughed out, barely able to speak.

Snailpaw was afraid. In part because of the sickness, in part due to the cat.. Beechfang, was it? That had apparently killed their medicine cat so long ago.. He could hardly believe that a cat would have the heart to do something like that. To wish-- Snailpaw sneezes. --death on a healer. That implies opinions on the rest of the clan, doesn't it?

He didn't want to think about it for too long.

Tom

Faceclaim(s):

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING]   the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING] EmptyTue 16 Jan 2024 - 20:04

Perchstar managed to keep her face straight when she heard Mistwalker's voice. Her daughter... eldered. Something she had not yet had the time nor the energy to come to terms with, having only recently recovered from her illness. And yet as always, Mistwalker was intelligent and thoughtful, asking an important question she had neglected to mention. "ThunderClan remain as our allies," she responded. "I have spoken with Mottlestar, and she has offered any necessary aid. So if we go to war, we will not go alone." Her eyes narrowed slightly at Swanpaw, who asked a similar question with more distrust. It was a valid thing to ask... but remembering her own moment of worry she'd had felt sour in her throat. "Rest assured that if they did betray us, they would not get away with it. But I believe that over my years of leadership, I have come to know Mottlestar better than that."

With her ears already pricked forward, she caught Littlepaw's concern as well. The threat to his life was imminent... he was young, but not too young to understand that. She clenched her fangs together for a moment before responding. "I will not let that happen." If Beechfang wished to kill any of her Clanmates, she would have to go through Perchstar first. "As usual, no one should leave camp alone, and especially not apprentices or medicine cats. As a Clan, we protect each other. But I promise that I will work hard to sort this out soon." She would have done it earlier, but the stars appeared to have other plans. Still, a resolve tightened within her as she looked down at her Clanmates. They all relied on her... and she would not let them down.

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING]   the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING] EmptyThu 18 Jan 2024 - 18:50

His widened eyes had fixated in the ground in front of him as he tried to picture what sort of horrible cat would take another life, and especially that of a medicine cat. Healers were supposed to help all of the clan, indiscriminately, and lead lives that crossed boundaries freely as needed. Littlepaw's tail tip twitched anxiously. This Beechfang must be the kind of cat with no regard for the code. And Skyclan was sheltering her? A shiver ran down his spine. Having been so focused on this new revolution, the medicine cat failed to see the flash of fur at the edge of his obscured vision.

Claws dug into his tail tip and jolted him back to the present. Jaykit was wrestling his tail. The pair of them had shared a den before Jaykit's eyes had opened for a short time, still a memory fresh in his mind. Had it been any other moment, the gentle grey and white apprentice might have simply twitched his whiskers or uttered a laugh but with the thought of his own death so near, a lump formed in his throat. He tried to whisk his tail back but was unsuccessful in wrenching it from the kit's claws. Frowning slightly, Littlepaw meowed, "Kinda funny? What's that supposed to mean?"

His ear flicked, catching faintly that Perchstar had managed to hear his words and offer reassurance. Don't worry, Littlepaw thought to himself, I won't be going anywhere alone unless I want to end up like that bird.
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2868

PostSubject: Re: the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING]   the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING] EmptyTue 30 Jan 2024 - 19:34

Sprucebark was so glad that the clan had finally been on the mend. His loving mate Scorch was well and now too it appeared Perchstar was also as he heard the call of the familiar meeting being given.

He sat still listening though all of it the orderly and fashionable tom would not interupt anyone, he also needed a long minute to think what this all meant his thoughts jumbled in his mind and he had never felt this conflicted over things in such a long while:

His past with skyclan was complicated: Stormwatcher a skyclan warrior had once saved his life from a badger attack. Ever since that day he had always been close friends with the other tom in the other clan. He had even disclosed to Perchstar privately the friendship he had with Stormwatcher but he vowed that if ever needed he would do what must be done to keep riverclan first, even if that meant having to fight a friend.

But that promise was made before he found Scorchlight... She meant so so much to him... going to war? Risking losing her? It sent chills down his spine. But then again, could he afford not to? Would this Beechfa warrior strike again? And if so which one of his loved ones would she rip away?

Littlepaw brought up a good point... Beechfang targeted med cats and his stomach twisted up thinking of his sister sandyshell. He would and could not let someone like that near his sister. The many discussions and lessons Perchstar taught him flooded his thoughts, she had taught him sometimes there was not an always clear and present black and white right and wrong way forward. He feared an all out war would lead to so much loss ... but could they really afford to leave a killer on the lose? One hungry for riverclan med cat blood?

He sat lower into his seat tapping gently the earth beside him with his paw. The idea that any of their clanmate's words right now could tip the scales in or out of favor of war felt so drastic and heavy. Perchstar had been clear, do not try and start anything. He just worried they might not have a choice if one of the skyclan cats moved first.

He considered long and hard what he wanted but the painful truth was... he didn't necessarily know.

What to do when you dont know what to do? For Sprucebark the law following, striaght laced gentle-tom that he was perhaps starclan was a decent point to start...

He tried to pick his words with as much respect and carefulness as he could while also trying to keep it short and get his idea

"Perchstar? It would seem to me we are at a crossroads, either way we pick could hold severe consequences for moons to come. While I trust your judgement and always will follow your lead, has any attempt to try and contact the stars been made? Perhaps an unknown solution from them might arise? One we may not even considered yet"

The stars... he honored them but at times they could be so cold and far away. He had tried to go visit the moonstone with perchstar and tried to say a final goodbye to his sister after her death, but the stars would not talk to a warrior, only a leader. For that he resented them slightly, but with such an important decision, perhaps littlepaw, sandyshell and perchstar should seek out their advise even if a long shot.

"There is likely no feasible way we can war so soon... It might be a possibility we are home by the time this fully plays out... would you and the med cats at least consider making a trip to the stone back home?

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING]   the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING] EmptyMon 5 Feb 2024 - 22:39

None of this was what she wanted. Despite what Birdchaser seemed determined to think of her, Perchstar had tried her best to avoid war. The mixed reactions she saw, the knowledge that cats would get hurt, were not things that she relished. She'd managed to sidestep violence during almost her entire reign as leader... only to get tripped up by someone she'd thought was a friend. Betrayed by an issue she'd thought was long-solved. Threatened and demeaned and once again, as ever, cursed and reviled both if she did or didn't. Thankfully no one was outwardly challenging her... as yet. They all had that respect for her, at least. Perhaps Twistpool would if he was there--a thought that tightened her throat for several reasons. Sparrowclaw would be upset also. Nothing she'd ever done was good enough for him. Nothing she'd ever done would keep her Clan safe forever. Violence now for the promise of safety in the future... how was it so much worse?

Another voice from the crowd caught her attention. Sprucebark. A senior warrior whose opinion she respected, but who sometimes overthought things to a level of underthinking them. She braced herself mentally, but moved her ears forward as an outward sign that she was listening to him. At first she thought he was going to ask if she'd attempted to solve it diplomatically. Since that was everyone's first question... even Poppyshine's. So many doubted her apparent capability to speak, despite that being her first resolution to any issue. But she blinked slowly in subdued surprise when Sprucebark instead suggested speaking with the stars. If she was honest, asking StarClan for advice hadn't been her first option for... moons. Definitely not since her attempt to speak with them at the Moonstone had led to her death and displacement from RiverClan. However, she understood where he was coming from. But Perchstar shook her head slightly. "I've heard from the stars," she said neutrally. It was no lie--they'd spoken to her when she died. Several times, now. But that was not necessary to divulge. "What little they've said to me about this conflict has been unhelpful. As much as I wish they would, the stars will not solve this for us. Our warrior ancestors are like us: they have different opinions from each other, different ways of viewing the world. One of them might be in favor of war, another against. I will get nothing concrete from them in the way of advice." Her torn ear flicked, as if to drive the thought away. "I understand your hesitance and appreciate your desire for further knowledge. Unfortunately... this is not something that can be helped. If any of you know a way to convince SkyClan that their pride is not worth it, then by all means let me know. Until then, rest assured that RiverClan's wellbeing comes first. I will not lead us into battle until we are better off." She wished that she could promise a return to the forest, but at the moment... she just didn't know.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING]   the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING] Empty

Back to top Go down

the policy of truth [RIVERCLAN MEETING]
Page 1 of 1