Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Rock Patrol (open to WC)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Rock Patrol (open to WC) Empty
PostSubject: Rock Patrol (open to WC)   Rock Patrol (open to WC) EmptyTue 19 Dec 2023 - 21:01

It was just past sunhigh, painting the makeshift nursery with a soft golden glow. The air was crisp, brought in by a light breeze that carried the distinct scent of fallen leaves. It was tranquil, except for one kit.

Cloudykit and Galekit had settled down, snuggled into Morningmoon's flank, for their midday nap in the nursery. Galekit falling asleep was instantaneous. Though, Cloudykit was restless. Everything in here is boring! I'm not even tired. She impatiently laid in their nest, waiting for her life to become interesting again. Hurry up, Galekit! She thought. It wasn't long before she had fallen into a trance, her eyes exploring the makeshift nursery. She closed one eye, fascinated by the cloudiness in her left lens that took up her central vision. It gave everything a pleasant "glow".

She felt a jealous tang in her chest when she thought of the patrols that were sent out today. I wish I could do that! I'd catch the biggest prey and Morningmoon would be proud of me. And... Hailstorm too!

This hatched a plan. "Galekit, wake up!" She whispered, her tone urgent and her eyes glimmered with excitement. She gently jabbed Galekit in the ribs before she rose to her paws.

"We're going to go on a patrol."
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 703

PostSubject: Re: Rock Patrol (open to WC)   Rock Patrol (open to WC) EmptyTue 19 Dec 2023 - 21:09

Galekit

Wha...?
The dreams fell steeply away as Galekit felt a quick jab in his side. His head felt clouded, a bit confused. What was that? he thought, and opened his eyes to see Cloudykit's mischievous expression very close to his face.

"Cloudykit...?" he yawned. "Patrol?" Suddenly interested, his ears pricked up and he raised himself to his paws, arching his back and kneading the floor. "Okay. Lead the way, Cloudypaw." His nose wrinkled and his lips drew back into an excited, toothy grin, all traces of the dream vanished from his mind. His pelt buzzed with the anticipation of a fun time outside the den with his sister. I'm so happy we're able to play together now!

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rock Patrol (open to WC)   Rock Patrol (open to WC) EmptyWed 20 Dec 2023 - 13:53

Cloudykit couldn't help herself from grinning when her brother started to stir. She nodded quickly, releasing a soft giggle at 'Cloudypaw'. I wish! She thought to herself. Apprenticeship seemed so far away, and so scary, but Galekit will be there every step of the way. That thought made her feel so much better.

She bounded towards the makeshift nursery's entrance, her tail held high in excitement. In the clearing, she puffed out her chest in an exaggerated manner to imitate what her idea of a warrior was: confident and proud. "Galekit, we must gather rocks. They're really important, Tigerdance said so!" She announced as he followed suit.

She felt a surge of pride leading her brother on this important mission.
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Rock Patrol (open to WC)   Rock Patrol (open to WC) EmptyThu 21 Dec 2023 - 10:56

Galekit

Galekit's ears perked up at the idea of collecting rocks.
"Well if Tigerdance said so, it must be super important!" he purred, "The clan leader's word is the law according to the warrior code!" he puffed out his chest importantly and lifted his tail confidently as he followed just behind Cloudypaw. "Hey, patrol leader, where should we start looking?"

Galekit's gaze slid towards the camp entrance, where there was a pile of flat rocks leading to the gorse tunnel. He remembered clambering up them to sneak out of the camp one morning, when Tallshadow told him the story about the first WindClan cats. It had been pretty pebbly up there. Maybe there, he thought to himself, glancing back to Cloudykit. But I want to see what she thinks. She's the patrol leader after all!

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rock Patrol (open to WC)   Rock Patrol (open to WC) EmptyFri 22 Dec 2023 - 8:49

"Exactly!" Cloudykit agreed, her eyes gleaming with a sense of adventure.

"Which is why we should help the warrior's den!" She announced, missing his gaze pointed towards the camp entrance, which would have been a much easier method. Instead, she nodded towards the makeshift warrior's den. She had overheard warriors complaining about it not being ideal, having pebbles find their way into nests. We must save them! She thought.

With her tail held high, she began her march across the clearing. Upon reaching the warrior's den, she turned her head to meet Galekit's gaze. "We have to be quiet!" She hissed before peaking in, worried about the potential of resting warriors that had returned from the dawn patrol. This is a high-risk mission!
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Rock Patrol (open to WC)   Rock Patrol (open to WC) EmptyFri 22 Dec 2023 - 9:43

Galekit

Galekit's whiskers twitched in amusement as Cloudykit marched across the clearing towards the warrior's den, away from the camp entrance. It's a good idea, he thought, and who knows? Maybe we will actually be able to help them out. His ears twitched to acknowledge he heard her, keeping himself silent. He pressed himself low to the ground, glancing over his shoulder every so often.

"I will keep a look out," he whispered in his sister's ear, ruffling her soft ear fur. "I'll stay right behind you. There's no one around now." His eyes gleamed with a sense of mischief. I know we probably shouldn't go in the warrior's den, he thought, a little guilty, but we could really be helping the warriors, so it will be worth it!

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rock Patrol (open to WC)   Rock Patrol (open to WC) EmptyWed 27 Dec 2023 - 6:52

Cloudykit responded with a curt nod. Peeking inside, she realized that the warrior's den was empty. This was the perfect opportunity! They could take the rocks without the risk of disturbing any sleeping warriors. Curiosity tugged at her. "Where do you think all the warriors are?" She mewed out loud, mostly to herself. She felt better now that she knew there were no warriors to be found, and she lost interest in being quiet.

She padded into the warrior's den, her eyes wide. Wow! The makeshift warrior's den was huge in comparison to the cramped nursery. It was dimly lit, and the scent of her clanmates lingered in the air - only dampened by the scent of moss. She felt a pang of guilt, half expecting a warrior to interrupt them at any moment. One day, I'll sleep in here! She thought, completely forgetting about the fact she has a real home on the moor. Realistically, she probably will never set foot in this den as a warrior.

She scanned the den for rocks, noticing a small pile that had gathered near the entrance - most likely from frustrated warriors picking them out of their nests. She grabbed one of the larger ones with her mouth, shooting a look at Galekit. Her eyes sparkled. First catch of the day!
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Rock Patrol (open to WC)   Rock Patrol (open to WC) EmptyWed 27 Dec 2023 - 17:16

Galekit

Galekit couldn't believe their luck. What were the chances all the warriors were out of the den? This was the perfect opportunity to snatch some rocks, and there was a nice pile close by.

"They must all be out hunting, I guess," Galekit answered, even though the question wasn't entirely directed at him. "Or they're visiting Daisypaw. We should hurry," he urged Cloudykit. "They probably won't be gone for long." He nodded approvingly as she picked up her stone, and picked up a his own rock in his mouth, and held one under his chin. Awkwardly, his eyes darted back to his sister. He feld a twinge of embarassment. I must look silly, he mused, but shook off the feeling. This is an important mission! he reminded himself.

"Lesh take thish freshkill back to our campsh, and go find shome more," he suggested around the rocks, his voice coming out choked and broken, barely able to articulate the words. He pushed through the tunnel of the warrior's den and poked his head out, scanning the area for potential enemy cats. The way was clear, or so he was pretty certain. He emerged into the clearing, beckoning Cloudykit with a flick of his tail. "Where ish our campsh?" he asked her, his eyes shining.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rock Patrol (open to WC)   Rock Patrol (open to WC) EmptyThu 28 Dec 2023 - 19:49

Cloudykit's excitement bubbled when Galekit mentioned the possibility of Daisypaw. Do you think the medicine cat has rocks too? That'd be even better - Daisypaw is so busy these days and I bet she has rocks in her den, too! She thought to herself. The mysterious allure of the forbidden den was tempting. In that moment, she completely forgot about the pile of rocks in the empty warrior's den.

With the rock clenched in her jaws, she padded out of the warriors den. Pointing with her tail at the nursery, she mumbled around her prize. "The campsh ish dat way!" Upon approaching the nursery, she sat the rock down triumphantly, puffing out her chest. "Galekit, we saved them." She announced. "Now, we must save Daisypaw."

She nodded to the medicine cat's makeshift den across the clearing, a mischievous glint in her eyes. She studied Galekit's face for his response.
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Rock Patrol (open to WC)   Rock Patrol (open to WC) EmptySat 30 Dec 2023 - 20:36

Galekit

Galekit laid his rocks neatly next to Cloudykit's. The rocks were starting to look a little like the fresh-kill pile, he noticed, with an amused twitch of his whiskers. Probably wouldn't taste very good, he considered.

"We saved them!" he echoed his sister with an excited bounce! His eyes shone with unveiled excitement at the prospect of checking out the medicine den. Galekit realized he had never actually visited Daisypaw in her own den before. How exciting! "And we will save Daisypaw too! Lead the way, patrol leader!" He marched after Cloudykit, doing his best to try and look important.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Ishtar

Ishtar

Characters : Tallshadow, Daisyfang, Cricketpaw
Clan/Rank : (T)WindClan Warrior[T3] (D)WindClan MC[T1] (C)SkyClan Apprentice
Number of posts : 310

PostSubject: Re: Rock Patrol (open to WC)   Rock Patrol (open to WC) EmptyTue 2 Jan 2024 - 18:53

Daisypaw looked at the overflowing crevice filled with bright orange marigold flowers like it had personally offended her. Small ears flattened back against her head, she closed her eyes, the cooling darkness and pointed absence of the marigold in her vision calmed the flare of frustration that poked her sharply in the chest. She took a deep fortifying breath. StarClan offers their blessings in strange ways the marigold might be useful lat- Her breath hitched as another coughing fit slammed her heaving lungs against her ribcage. The wet hacking coughs shook her frame and she lowered her head against the intensity of them. For a long moment there was nothing but the blinding panic, a wave of dizziness that narrowed her vision to pinpricks as she scraped air desperately into her aching throat.

Finally the fit released her, and the bi-colored molly gingerly lowered herself onto her side in front of her herb stores, sucking in sharp, greedy breaths. Every part of her ached,  touched by a bone weary exhaustion she couldn’t shake. Her mouth stung with a sharp metallic taste, and she spit the bloody phlegm off to the side in distaste. She rested her head on her paws, chest wheezing with rattling breaths as she pointedly slowed her breathing, letting the forced rhythm calm her racing heart. Maybe she could just rest here for a moment, smothered by the sharp scents of her herbs. Her cheek pressed into the cool floor of the medicine den as she slumped bonelessly on the ground. The sound of shuffling pawsteps from outside made her crack one eye open, amber gaze stark against her pale face.

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rock Patrol (open to WC)   Rock Patrol (open to WC) EmptyTue 2 Jan 2024 - 19:19

Patrol leader. Cloudykit liked that a lot. "Let's go! I have my trusted warrior by my side, we are unable to lose against these pebbles." Her puffed-out chest to feel important lost its irony ages ago, no longer being a playful jab at the WindClan warriors. She marched into Daisypaw's den. Her tail was held high with confidence.

"Daisypaw, we're here to save you!" She exclaimed in a loud announcement, completely oblivious to how Daisypaw may be feeling. Cloudykit had failed to get the memo that her clanmates might not be feeling the best for their shenanigans. Though, maybe they could actually help.
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Rock Patrol (open to WC)   Rock Patrol (open to WC) EmptyTue 2 Jan 2024 - 21:05

Galekit

Galekit's whiskers were twitching as he trailed after his patrol leader into the medicine den.
His eyes went wide with surprise. He'd never been in here before! It has such a strong, tangy herb smell, Galekit thought, as his eyes scanned all the nooks and crannies where different herbs were stored. Daisypaw did all of this?

Galekit peeked at Daisypaw from behind his sister.
"Hi Daisypaw," he mewed, a bit shyly, "We're here to save you from the rocks. We saved the warriors. Now it's your turn! Give us all your pesky rocks!"

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Ishtar

Ishtar

Characters : Tallshadow, Daisyfang, Cricketpaw
Clan/Rank : (T)WindClan Warrior[T3] (D)WindClan MC[T1] (C)SkyClan Apprentice
Number of posts : 310

PostSubject: Re: Rock Patrol (open to WC)   Rock Patrol (open to WC) EmptyThu 4 Jan 2024 - 13:21

First one kit, and then another. Morningmoon’s kits left no corner of camp untouched it seemed. Daisypaw lifted her head off the ground, narrowing her eyes slightly against the glare of the sunlight spilling into the den. Cloudykit’s high ringing mew slammed a sharp rod of discomfort behind her fever-hazed eyes, and the molly blinked slowly at both of them. Still, she couldn’t blame the kits for getting into trouble, the few warriors well enough to entertain the kits were running themselves ragged trying to feed the weakened clan.

“Rocks?” She wheezed, a little mrrph of amusement struggled past the tightness of her chest. “It sounds like you’re both very brave, battling these uh rocks.” Daisypaw blinked again, the tiny silhouettes of the kits blurring out of focus as they melted into the black spots crawling over her vision like passing clouds. Was this a particularly gentle fever dream? The molly sunk her claws into the earth, confusion making her ears twitch.“but the rocks are trying to rest.” She said with utmost conviction, before realizing what she said. “Not the rocks. The rocks are fine. The sick are trying to rest.” She blinked again, hazy amber eyes rolling over the kits and looking over their heads for a minute as the silence lapsed. She snapped back to the present, closing her eyes against another wave of exhaustion. Stars her pelt was burning. Had it always been this hot in the den? The kits looked so excited, their bright eyes and noble conviction. She hated to disappoint them.

She heaved herself unsteadily to her paws, the whole den rocking sideways before the dizziness ebbed away. The bi-colored molly took two marigold flowers from her stores, nearly toppling the entire pile shoved into the crevice. She reached down and tucked one gently behind Cloudykit’s ear, and placed the second in Galekit’s scruff. “I Daisypaw, Medicine Cat Apprentice of WindClan, give a small token of honor to these two kits for their dedication and service to the clan.” She stepped back and dipped her head slightly to both kittens. She flicked her white-tipped tail towards the openness of camp. “I’m sure the elders could use your help next.” She wheezed, slowly lowering herself back into a seated position.

“And uh, if you two see Molehill could you send him this way?” She gave the kits a weak smile. “May StarClan grant you speed.” She closed her eyes against the fogginess that threatened to drown her. Hopefully her brother wasn’t too busy to stop by, just until her fever slogged off. Being alone with so many herbs and sick Clanmates did not seem like a good idea.
[/color]

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rock Patrol (open to WC)   Rock Patrol (open to WC) EmptySat 6 Jan 2024 - 2:17

Cloudykit listened to Daisypaw's words with a mixture of confusion and amusement. Her eyes were sparkling with excitement., She felt slightly offended that they couldn't get any rocks from this step in their mission, but it quickly dissipated when they received a reward for their bravery instead. Cloudykit couldn't help but feel a surge of pride. I feel like a true leader with the flower tucked behind my ear! She glanced at Galekit with an excited look, before dipping her head at Daisypaw. We're real warriors now!

"Thanks, Daisypaw!" Cloudykit chirped. However, even an oblivious cat could tell that Daisypaw wasn't feeling the best despite the mask she was putting up for them. Cloudykit would know, she's one of those unfortunately oblivious kits. "Is there anything else we can do for you besides get Molehill, since the pesky rocks are okay?" She hoped Daisypaw wouldn't take Tallshadow's stance, and tell them they weren't old enough to help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock Patrol (open to WC)   Rock Patrol (open to WC) Empty

Back to top Go down

Rock Patrol (open to WC)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Southern Lake-
Jump to: