Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

dancing poppies stole A breeze (c)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
moonazyne

moonazyne

Characters : [C]indersky, [W]olfpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan, T3 Warrior| ShadowClan, Apprentice
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 330

dancing poppies stole A breeze (c) Empty
PostSubject: dancing poppies stole A breeze (c)   dancing poppies stole A breeze (c) EmptyWed 6 Sep 2023 - 14:06

Cinderpaw, RiverClan

She ran her tongue over her smoothened paw and that over her snout. Tongue over chest, over paw, paw over ear. Repeat on the other side. Lean over to clean her back and realise her paw needed to be cleaned again, work at the dirt stuck at the edges of her claw and pull out the tiniest bit of shed. That felt better. Tail needed cleaning, it had touched a rather yucky looking part of tree-bark. It wasn't visibly dirty but she knew she had touched it so it felt terrible. Clean, lick, over paw, paw over ear-- Pause with tongue half out of mouth and paw slightly raised in the air. What in the name of StarClan had she been doing before she kicked a bit of dust onto her flank?

Her eyes drifted down and met the remains of her evening meal. Ah, that was what she was doing. She took the leftover bones in her mouth and traipsed off to dispose of them. She had seen some cats just leave the bones there to get tossed out by some other cat or get buried in the dirt, but she thought that was a bit mean. Leave the camp as you found it. She was a little bit deflated at that moment, in truth. She had hoped she would get to share her evening munch with one of her friends. Swanpaw, Rookpaw or Larkpaw, maybe Willowpaw who she hadn't spoken to in a while-- Or even Bubblepaw. Her and Bubblepaw never got to chat anymore. She supposed that was what happened when you were further on in your training. Much busier. Oh well! There was always another day, and she was sure she'd see at least one of them before she went to sleep for the night.

She tossed out the bones to maybe be pecked at by some bird or a rat. That would make fatter prey for them later on, probably. She smiled to herself, deciding that maybe today was a good day to tidy up the apprentices den a bit. She liked it when things were tidy. It felt safer. She turned on her heels with a happy little spin and went to make her way back toward the centre of camp-- When her snout collided with the fur of another cat.

"Oh, StarClan--" She whimpered, pulling back in a haste and shaking out her head. "I'm so, so sorry-- I wasn't paying attention, uhm- I'm sorry, are you okay?" The words came tumbling out of her mouth before she even looked up to see who she had walked directly into, and when she had, she met the warm, verdant eyes of RiverClans deputy. "Oh. I am so sorry-"

Cindersky  | Daytrader |  Wolfpaw

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2969

PostSubject: Re: dancing poppies stole A breeze (c)   dancing poppies stole A breeze (c) EmptyThu 14 Sep 2023 - 18:12

Poppyshine

Poppyshine had always been a little bit of a…well, of a ditz. She got better as she got older, losing some of that airheaded nature, especially with Perchstar to guide her and teach her how to be a proper warrior. Even still, there were some days where her head was in the clouds, and that was try today when she was not paying much attention to what was around her while she walked through camp and then someone knocked their nose right into her flank. She stopped and looked down with wide eyes at the young cat. She recognized her as Cinderpaw. She hadn’t spoken with Cinderpaw much, and she was one of the few apprentices that Poppyshine hadn’t performed the ceremony for because she had been ill.

The immediate apologies that tumbled out of Cinderpaw made Poppyshine’s ears go up with alarm. “Oh, no need to apologize!” she said quickly, her voice cheerful and light. “I wasn’t paying attention either! I should know better than to walk around blindly in camp.” She chuckled and smiled warmly. She recalled that this was one of Perchstar’s apprentices. “I’m quite alright. How about you? I hope you didn’t ding your nose too badly.” She gives a very light, playful tap on Cinderpaw’s nose for emphasis. The little apprentice didn’t look hurt, so Poppyshine wasn’t too worried; she just wanted to be sure that Cinderpaw knew she wasn’t in trouble.
RiverClan • Tier 5 • Deputy • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #669966
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: dancing poppies stole A breeze (c)   dancing poppies stole A breeze (c) EmptyThu 5 Oct 2023 - 8:55

Cinderpaw, RiverClan

It was hard to feel intimidated by Poppyshine, and yet Cinderpaw still felt that niggling of apprehension. She felt at ease and on edge all at once, possibly because she feared she might misspeak from being so relaxed. She blinked at the tap on her nose and felt her head jerk back, but that was mostly from the surprise of it.

"My nose is okay--" She blabbered out so quick that it sounded like all one word. "Is your flank okay? I was going kind of fast, and I wasn't really watching what I was doing, uhm-" She glanced around, as if looking for some sort of excuse to either escape or explain why she was traipsing around. She didn't have one. She just was.

"I'm sorry, I'm talking too fast..--" She cleared her throat and with a stiffened movement, dipped her head to the deputy. "I don't think I've gotten to uhm-- To speak to you properly. Perchstar was your mentor before, too, right?"

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: dancing poppies stole A breeze (c)   dancing poppies stole A breeze (c) EmptyWed 18 Oct 2023 - 12:46

Poppyshine

Poppyshine laughed good-naturedly. She didn’t mean to; it felt rude to laugh when Cinderpaw was clearly a bit apprehensive. But the question of is you flank okay? was quite silly in her mind. Poppyshine replied, “My flank is fine, I promise. I’m glad your nose is okay too.”

She tilted her head and smiled brighter at the mention of Perchstar. “That’s right,” she answered with a nod. “Before she was leader, in fact. I was quite honored that she would choose me to be her apprentice. She taught me a lot—she still does! I hope you’re enjoying having her as a mentor.”

Poppyshine laid down on the ground, hoping that would put Cinderpaw more at ease instead of sitting tall over her. “It’s a nice day, isn’t it? I like days like this where it isn’t too hot. Even when I have patrols to do, it doesn’t feel like work when I can enjoy it.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: dancing poppies stole A breeze (c)   dancing poppies stole A breeze (c) EmptyMon 30 Oct 2023 - 5:20

cinderpaw

apprentice | riverclan

Poppyshines laughter caught her off guard. She wasn't sure what it was directed toward, and for a brief second believed she was laughing at her, but there was no malice on the tricolour cats face. She seemed kind, and the smile on her face reminded her of her fathers; that warm kind of smile that drew you in to make sure you knew you were okay, and made everything so much brighter.

"I like Perchstar," Cinderpaw concurred. "She is good to me. But she seems troubled-- Distant. Sometimes when she talks or thinks she looks so far away. But she is a good mentor! She tries her best. I think she feels sad about the geese."

She followed Poppyshine as she sat, and with a slight hesitance, sat as well. She was silent for a while, her tail tip flicking back and forth behind her and sending up soft plumes of dust with each movement. Her ears perked when the deputy spoke again, and she didn't reply immediately. She heard it, but the words only clicked with her afterward- And she whirled her head back around to face her.

"Sorry," She hummed. "I like it, too. It's less dirty in the woods, the mud doesn't cake around my paws as much. And the air is easier to breathe. I don't like it when it's warmer-- it makes me itch and makes me tired. Sometimes it makes me irritated and I don't like that. This weather is nice, though. Maybe if there was a teensy tiny bit of drizzle, it would be nicer."

template by #kiikko

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: dancing poppies stole A breeze (c)   dancing poppies stole A breeze (c) EmptyMon 30 Oct 2023 - 13:55

Poppyshine

Poppyshine smiled sympathetically as Cinderpaw spoke concerns about Perchstar. Poppyshine also worried for their leader, and those quiet looks were not lost on her either. At Cinderpaw’s age, she had taken on a similar concern and told Perchstar—Perchfall then—that she didn’t want her being sad. From then on she did her best to help quell any concerns or sadness that plagued her friend.

She looked at Cinderpaw again and her eyes crinkled with a smile. “It’s always nice when it’s warm and there’s a light rain,” Poppyshine agreed. Other clans probably did not think so, but RiverClan cats were drawn to water enough that the rain never bothered them. “Ah, you’re young enough to have not seen leafbare, aren’t you? I wonder how you’ll feel about the snow. It’s like rain, but partially solid and cold. I loved playing in it when I was a kit.” Poppyshine paused and added with a chuckle, “And I still do, if I’m being honest.”

Her previous leafbares had been difficult in her life; born into a harsh leafbare that risked the lives of everyone in the clan, and then her children being stolen away the next. Now as another leafbare remains on the horizon in just a couple moons, the river is poisoned and the stars are whispering concerning prophecies. It seems like this is not a beneficial time for anyone in the forest. It was easier for her to focus on the nicer things, though, such as the kit-like joy of playing in the snow.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: dancing poppies stole A breeze (c)   dancing poppies stole A breeze (c) EmptyWed 1 Nov 2023 - 6:52

cinderpaw

apprentice | riverclan

"Snow?" The word was not one Cinderpaw said often, if at all. She remembered it drifting over her head during a late night conversation in the apprentices den when everyone had finished for the day, but very few of them actually knew what it was. "What is snow like? Is it like rain? I have heard someone say it crunches. Is it really hard?"

She wondered if she would like it, too. Solid and cold. She did not mind cold, but did not like it on her paws. It made her pads hurt and her legs ache a little. Sometimes, when standing in a shaded part of the river, she'd have to move to shake out her legs so it wouldn't cramp as much. Maybe that was a Cinderproblem, not an every-cat problem.

"Is it true that you can make shapes out of it?" She purred, a little sparkle in her eye then. "And that you can dig holes in it and make prey so cold it stays fresh for longer?"

template by #kiikko

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: dancing poppies stole A breeze (c)   dancing poppies stole A breeze (c) EmptyFri 3 Nov 2023 - 10:53

Poppyshine

What is snow like…, That is a difficult question to answer to someone who hasn’t experienced it before. The coldest thing that Cinderpaw has probably experienced were the brisk rains of leaffall. Poppyshine tilted her head and considered it. She finally replied, “It is colder than what you might be thinking. If you’ve stepped into the river after a chilly night, that is probably a good approximation. Fresh snow is not terribly crunchy, but after it has been out for a while, it gets a crusty top layer of ice, and that’s what really crunches. It can be shaped, similar to the muddy sands by the river, but it holds its shape better than the sand does…it is perhaps more akin to the clay you find deep under mud.”

She looked back to Cinderpaw and smiled. “A first snowfall is very beautiful, though. It covers the entire forest in a thin sheet of white. And it’s true that it keeps prey fresh for longer; that’s what helps us survive the harsh leafbare months, because even if we have less prey, we can keep it for longer. It makes rationing food easier. The snow is also basically frozen rain, so if we gather enough up in leaves and keep it in the shelter of our dens, it will slowly melt and we can have fresh drinking water.” With how hard water has been to come across with their river poisoned, it was a beautiful thought. They had to do that often in leafbare anyway when the river froze over and the water would be too cold to drink comfortably.

“Because the nights are especially chilly, it’s good to be in the dens curled up with your fellow clanmates.” She was glad that she shared the leader’s den with Perchstar now, so her friend would not have to freeze in these chilly months. They usually slept a few paws apart, but when the first snowfall comes, Poppyshine will push her nest up closer to Perchstar.

Poppyshine smiled. “It’s also a great substance to play in. I had the best time as a kit. I bet you’ll enjoy it too, even if you get your warrior name before you first see snow."

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: dancing poppies stole A breeze (c)   dancing poppies stole A breeze (c) EmptySun 5 Nov 2023 - 11:30

cinderpaw

apprentice | riverclan

The description was so vivid she could almost taste it! She was probably tasting it wrong of course, but how different could it be to tasting cold water? Maybe it was just like water, that tasted different depending on where you got it. She wanted to ask, but maybe that was a silly question.

'Even if you get your warrior name before.' The notion of that saddened her, for some reason. She was well aware that her friends were no doubt soon to be called and given theirs, and she hoped she would not be too long after. She didn't want to drift apart from them because they had to spend time in different dens. "Am I not allowed to play anymore if I get my warrior name? Do warriors not do that; play in the snow, or rain, or river?" If it was like that, maybe she didn't want it.

"You hunt and fight and lead patrols as a warrior," She commented. "But if you can't play or have fun, then what is the point? Or does your fun look different after being an apprentice? Do deputies get to have fun, or are you only allowed to work?"

template by #kiikko

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: dancing poppies stole A breeze (c)   dancing poppies stole A breeze (c) EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 15:24

Poppyshine

Poppyshine smiled brightly at Cinderpaw and she replied, “Oh you can definitely still have fun. A lot of cats think that once you become a warrior, you have to be serious all of the time. I wanted to assure you that that wasn’t the case, and even if you became a warrior before it snowed, you could still have a fun time.”

She considered that and answered, “I don’t play like I did as a kit and apprentice as often anymore. I am pretty busy. But I still have a lot of time to myself and I have fun by spending it with my clanmates. Deputies are definitely allowed to have fun, but the definition of fun changes when you get older.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: dancing poppies stole A breeze (c)   dancing poppies stole A breeze (c) EmptySat 18 Nov 2023 - 9:50

cinderpaw

apprentice | riverclan

Cinderpaw nodded attentively. Fun looked different. She wondered what it did look like. She rarely saw warriors chasing each other and having races or tossing a mossball about the place. More often than not, they took naps or just spoke to each other. That seemed boring. There was no rush.

"What would you do for fun, then? If you had the entire day to yourself, and could bring anyone you wanted with you, where would you go? What would you do?" Cinderpaw knew what her answer would be. She would drag her friends with her out to the river and see who could drench the other the most. And maybe who could find the smoothest stone and how far they could toss it. Her tail tip tapped against the ground. Yes, that seemed like fun! Maybe she should do it one of the evenings...

template by #kiikko

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: dancing poppies stole A breeze (c)   dancing poppies stole A breeze (c) EmptyMon 20 Nov 2023 - 16:06

Poppyshine

Poppyshine’s eyes crinkled. She tried to consider what she found fun anymore…As a kit, it was always running around, especially in the snow. As of late, she found that that aimless energy wasn’t quite with her anymore. “I enjoy walks, I think. I don’t give chase or play tag or roll around so much anymore, but I like to walk and talk to people I love. I did that a lo when I was younger, too. I went on a lot of walks with my old mate.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: dancing poppies stole A breeze (c)   dancing poppies stole A breeze (c) EmptyTue 21 Nov 2023 - 10:10

cinderpaw

apprentice| riverclan

Cinderpaw could get behind that. She liked to walk and talk sometimes, too. But sometimes she had so much energy after a day of doing little that she needed to get it all out. That wasn't what caught her attention, though. Rather, the last part.

"Old mate?" She echoed, her ears moving back. "Why... Is he not your mate anymore? Did he..-" Her maw clamped shut and eyes widened, and then she hopped to her paws once more and lowered her head hastily. "I-I'm sorry, that was a silly question-- You don't have to answer that, I'm sorry if I upset you-- I just--..."

She braced herself for something. Yelling, an empty space in front of her. Her mouth was held parted, poised for another apology.

template by #kiikko

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: dancing poppies stole A breeze (c)   dancing poppies stole A breeze (c) EmptySat 25 Nov 2023 - 18:22

Poppyshine

Poppyshine hummed and smiled; she didn’t seem bothered at all by Cinderpaw’s question, and instead, almost seemed lost in nostalgia as she thought back. “It’s quite alright Cinderpaw, it’s not a bad question.” Poppyshine closed her eyes. “His name was Rushtalon. We grew up alongside one another through our apprenticeship. He was actually Kitespring’s brother; she’s the last of her litter. But he was very charming and sweet. I’m not sure what happened to him. One day he went out on a patrol and just never came back…He never did get to meet his kits.”

She opened her eyes and looked up at the sky. “If he has passed on from this world, I hope he has enjoyed meeting them in StarClan. And I hope they enjoyed meeting him, too.”

She looked back at Cinderpaw. “Sorry—I get so sappy when I think about him sometimes! A lot of the cats I grew up with aren’t around anymore. RiverClan went through a lot of hardships before you were born. It can be easy to get lost in the memories sometimes.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: dancing poppies stole A breeze (c)   dancing poppies stole A breeze (c) EmptyTue 28 Nov 2023 - 10:05

cinderpaw

apprentice | riverclan

Cinderpaw listened to her talk without interruption. Poppyshine said that it was not a bad question, but the answer... It was not bad. It was not good either. It was sad, and her nose itched by the end of it. She could not imagine going through life without Larkpaw or Rookpaw or Perchstar, and she could not imagine Bubblepaw not being there anymore. Or Fawneyes. She didn't talk to the last two as much anymore but they still were important.

She leaned forward and pressed her snout into Poppyshine's shoulder. "He sounded wonderful," She said, swallowing to keep the sympathetic quiver from her voice. The last thing she wanted to do was make Poppyshine sad because she was sad from Poppyshine's story. "My mother and father vanished in a... similar way. I wonder if he's met them. I think my father would like Rushtalon a lot."

Her tail drummed on the ground, and with repose, she asked; "What was your favourite memory together? If it's easy to get lost in the memories, why not share some?"

template by #kiikko

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dancing poppies stole A breeze (c)   dancing poppies stole A breeze (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

dancing poppies stole A breeze (c)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next