Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

hush rush [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
verychuu

verychuu

Characters : bubblenose, thymelight, smallfawn, pantherpounce, cardinalkit
Clan/Rank : rc warrior, skc mc, skc permaqueen, wc warrior, sc kit
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 986

hush rush [c] Empty
PostSubject: hush rush [c]   hush rush [c] EmptySun 25 Jun 2023 - 22:48

riverclan's resident pageant queen
BUBBLEPAW
Walk like a majestic lion, eyes glinting with so much desire. Pour more gasoline on fire, fly again, rising through the flames.

Oh, how Bubblepaw loved learning. Being an apprentice meant that there was always something new to be discovered. Whether it was battle tactics, hunting techniques, or Clan customs, Bubblepaw could confidently say that she went to sleep every night with a little more knowledge in her head. Knowledge was lovely, especially since it was knowledge that she could use to her own advantage. It was true, as selfish as it sounded. Clan cats were meant to look out for each other, and the apprentice was proud to be a RiverClanner, but she also knew that she had to look out for herself as well.

The morning was warm and the air was rather humid, and Bubblepaw found herself shifting in her nest, unable to fall asleep. She supposed there was no use. It was difficult to drift back into slumber once she had already woken up once, plus the sun rays poking through the den wouldn't help either. Mistwalker hadn't talked to her about a training session today which meant that Bubblepaw's day was entirely free. What a treat! Ah, well, actually... maybe it wasn't much of a treat. There wasn't a load of things to do. She could always see if the elders and queens needed any assistance with bedding, but that would be later on in the afternoon when they were all actually awake. Early mornings were quiet. Perhaps this was the opportunity to get some extra practice in.

She quietly rose to her paws and started to dodge the limbs of her denmates as she headed for the exit. Leaving the apprentices' den was a feat in and of itself. Just when she thought she was free, she felt her front paw land on one of her clanmates' tails. When the apprentice below her started to shift, she immediately launched into an apology.
"Stars, Mothpaw, I'm so sorry!" She whispered, looking up quickly to ensure that her talking hadn't woken up any of the other apprentices.

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
Moth

Moth

Characters : Mothpaw | Sorrelpaw | Nettlepaw
Clan/Rank : RC Apprentice | SkC Apprentice | TC Apprentice
Aquarius Cat
Number of posts : 150

hush rush [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hush rush [c]   hush rush [c] EmptyMon 26 Jun 2023 - 15:48

ꕀ Mothpaw ꕀ

riverclan
apprentice

Ow. 
Mothpaw had already been stirring slowly from her sleep, brought fully out of her dreams by a paw on her tail. Her eyes opened, squinting and searching lazily around her, trying to adjust in the faint morning light.

What? She mumbled, staring up at the other apprentice. No intelligible words would follow for the moment it took for her to register the other cat, curling her tail around her paws. My tail isn’t the exit. “…Bubblepaw? What are you doing?” Mothpaw whispered, dragging a paw over her eyes.  It was early, far earlier than she liked to know but she was awake now and falling back asleep was always a challenge, particularly during Greenleaf when the sun was a constant presence. While it wasn’t unusual for cats to get up early and go about their day, she didn’t know many cats that would get up at this time. What was she doing? She was curious, waking up the more she stared at the other apprentice. 

Last edited by Moth on Wed 5 Jul 2023 - 9:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

hush rush [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hush rush [c]   hush rush [c] EmptyWed 28 Jun 2023 - 19:05

BUBBLEPAW
Walk like a majestic lion, eyes glinting with so much desire. Pour more gasoline on fire, fly again, rising through the flames.

"Sorry," Bubblepaw repeated, smiling apologetically, "I was just going to hunt for a little bit. I didn't mean to turn your tail into prey."
She paused for a moment before she ducked out of the apprentices' den and looked back at Mothpaw.

"You can come if you'd like. Company would be very nice."

With that, she padded out of the apprentices' den. She took a moment to breathe in the air before she left camp. Perhaps Mothpaw would join her, perhaps she wouldn't. Bubblepaw still intended to head out either way. Camp was always bustling in the afternoons, and although she adored being around the presence of dozens of other cats, she recognized the importance of slowing down and limiting herself to the company of only one, two, or even just herself. She stretched her limbs out in order to clear any extra sleepiness out of her body. There was no use in hunting if the prey was faster and more alert than she was.

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
Moth

Moth

Aquarius Cat

hush rush [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hush rush [c]   hush rush [c] EmptyWed 5 Jul 2023 - 9:37

ꕀ Mothpaw ꕀ

riverclan
apprentice

Hunting. It wasn’t quite the secret she had half hoped the other apprentice would reveal but it was interesting nonetheless. Mothpaw enjoyed hunting, particularly fishing. The following comment made her skin warm for a moment, smiling nervously. Had she read her mind? She nodded quickly,

“That sounds fun— if you don’t mind.” If she was honest, some company did sound nice. She had not been the most social, something that she regretted. This was the perfect start to changing that. After a moment that she filled with a yawn, Mothpaw stood up. She took a moment to stretch before emerging from the den entrance, blinking to adjust her eyes to the sunlight.

“I don’t think I’ve ever been out this early,” she laughed, looking around the quiet clearing, “it’s nice though, this weather is so much better than the rain.”

verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

hush rush [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hush rush [c]   hush rush [c] EmptyThu 6 Jul 2023 - 0:07

BUBBLEPAW

Bubblepaw smiled as Mothpaw emerged from the den to join her.
"Heh, you're right. If I had the drive to wake myself up this early every morning then I would." She commented before flicking her tail to indicate for the other apprentice to follow her out of camp.

As the two of them walked, Bubblepaw made sure to look around for any noticeable differences in the territory. Everything certainly seemed quieter. RiverClan's territory typically wasn't bustling with a ton of land prey, but since it was so early, they were absolutely nowhere to be found. How fortunate was it that the river was their main source of food?
"I love sunrises. They're so relaxing. Almost better than sunsets, actually." She said as she glanced up at the sky.
She loved how various shades of purple, orange, and yellow came together whenever the sun came over the horizon. It was something that she didn't get the chance to catch very often, but it was always a treat when she did.

Once the apprentices made it to the river, Bubblepaw gave Mothpaw a quick grin.
"How embarrassing would it be if I missed any catches? I hope the fish feel like being caught today." She joked before going quiet to examine the water.
As soon as a set of brown scales appeared in front of her, the apprentice yanked the prey out with her claws and let it fall limp at her paws after biting it between the eyes. She attempted to hide her smile. It was always a great feeling to successfully catch a fish

bubblepaw successfully caught a fish! it cost her 3 sp.
57/60

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』

Last edited by verychuu on Thu 6 Jul 2023 - 0:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15066

hush rush [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hush rush [c]   hush rush [c] EmptyThu 6 Jul 2023 - 0:07

The member 'verychuu' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 7

hush rush [c] Mistpe10
hush rush [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Moth

Moth

Aquarius Cat

hush rush [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hush rush [c]   hush rush [c] EmptyTue 11 Jul 2023 - 14:47

“At this time you can escape the snoring! That’s almost motivation enough, but my nest’s way too comfy to get up early.”

Mothpaw kept close to Bubblepaw, her tail swishing behind her in quiet thought. She nodded in agreement, smiling as she glanced around. If she was honest, she had not seen many in her moons, but there was something about the way the streaks melted together that was undeniably appealing. 

“Sunsets are nice because you know you’ll get to see another sunrise soon— and both look so nice on the water. The stars are really pretty, too, when it’s really dark and they’re all you can see.” The apprentice glanced out to the river as they approached, crouching on the riverbank. She laughed quietly at Bubblepaw’s comment,

“I feel like if I missed anything my ancestors would come back to life just to tell me off— a RiverClan cat that can’t fish?” She watched, silently, as the other apprentice made quick work of the brown fish. “Nice catch! Hopefully a fish decides to swim towards my claws…”

It was inevitably her turn. She was more confident in her abilities now than she had been; she recited Egretswoop’s instructions in her head, careful not to cast a shadow onto the river. Within a moment of perching on the bank a shadow appeared under the water, approaching the apprentices. Mothpaw paused for a moment before she dove her paw into the river, hooking a fish. With a quick nip the fish became another addition to the fresh kill pile, earning a satisfied purr. 

Last edited by Moth on Tue 11 Jul 2023 - 14:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

hush rush [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hush rush [c]   hush rush [c] EmptyTue 11 Jul 2023 - 14:47

The member 'Moth' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

hush rush [c] Mistpe10
hush rush [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

hush rush [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hush rush [c]   hush rush [c] EmptyFri 14 Jul 2023 - 23:00

All Hail RiverClan's Resident Pageant Queen
bubblepaw
Walk like a majestic lion, eyes glinting with so much desire.
Bubblepaw chuckled at Mothpaw's comment and smiled widely as the apprentice hauled another fish right out of the river to join the first one that had been caught. If they both kept this up, then they'd practically bring back more prey than the dawn patrol could even dream of, and they hadn't even woken up yet! She looked down into the river once again and studied the ripples and the rushing water as they hurried downstream. Fish were so plentiful during Greenleaf, and she could now see why the warriors were so happy about prey during this time. She didn't want to imagine what hunting would be like during Leafbare.

"Do you think fishing during Leafbare will be hard?" She asked, her thoughts spilling out as she crouched down lower at the riverbank, "I heard that the river can freeze over sometimes."
She was a bit embarrassed to admit that she was nervous for the seasons to come, but she would have to tough it out if she was going to be a successful warrior. With a quiet sigh, she turned her attention back to catching fish before her paw broke the water's surface once again. She pulled out her newest catch with another satisfied grin and let it sit atop the growing pile. They were making a great team.

54/60
Pour more gasoline on fire, fly again, rising through the flames.

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』

Last edited by verychuu on Fri 14 Jul 2023 - 23:10; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

hush rush [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hush rush [c]   hush rush [c] EmptyFri 14 Jul 2023 - 23:01

one day ill remember to roll the hunting dice

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

hush rush [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hush rush [c]   hush rush [c] EmptyFri 14 Jul 2023 - 23:01

The member 'verychuu' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

hush rush [c] Mistpe10
hush rush [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
Moth

Moth

Aquarius Cat

hush rush [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hush rush [c]   hush rush [c] EmptyFri 4 Aug 2023 - 3:24

ꕀ Mothpaw ꕀ

riverclan
apprentice

The deeper question amidst light hearted conversation caught Mothpaw off guard, though admittedly she appreciated it. It was a better way to get to know another cat; to see how they thought. She had, thus far, been fortunate at hunting - and had never experienced true cold in her short life. Mothpaw had only known warmth and the occasional cool night. Would it be much different to cold Greenleaf nights? The senior warriors were inclined to tell her so. Mothpaw lowered her head alongside the other apprentice, gazing out at the river. How many times had her ancestors done this? She wondered, silently, if she could possibly catch more fish than them, though that was getting over confident. They had survived countless Leafbares. They would too.

“I think so,” she admitted, “but I’m still not eating any toads, not even if the river freezes over. I heard ShadowClan cats have to eat them!” Mothpaw stuck her tongue out, shaking her head. No, fish was more than good enough for her. She considered Bubblepaw’s concerns a little longer as she stared into the river. Bubblepaw seemed uneasy at the thought. With a gentle nudge of the other apprentice, she let out a low laugh, “StarClan wouldn't let us starve, would they? If our ancestors could survive Leafbare, we definitely can. Besides, with the amount of fish we’re catching we’ll be eating until next Greenleaf!”

Mothpaw watched as Bubblepaw pulled out yet another fish; they were slowly building a pile that would be the envy of some patrols. She couldn’t wait to show it off to her mentor. It was becoming almost like clockwork; a shadow would appear under the surface and her paw would know exactly what to do before she had even considered it. Don’t get too confident, you’ll make a mistake. She held her breath, darting out her paw and dragged a fish onto the bank. With another quick nip the fish was ready for eating. Mothpaw purred as she dropped another fish in their pile. The kits and elders would be eating well.

Mothpaw caught a fish! -3SP

Last edited by Moth on Fri 4 Aug 2023 - 3:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

hush rush [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hush rush [c]   hush rush [c] EmptyFri 4 Aug 2023 - 3:24

The member 'Moth' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

hush rush [c] Mistpe10
hush rush [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

hush rush [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hush rush [c]   hush rush [c] EmptyFri 4 Aug 2023 - 21:03

All Hail RiverClan's Resident Pageant Queen
bubblepaw
Walk like a majestic lion, eyes glinting with so much desire.
Bubblepaw couldn't help but agree with the toad comment. She knew that every Clan had to eat, but they were just so... slimy... she couldn't imagine putting one in her mouth and enjoying it.
"I'd have to be on the verge of death to try a toad." The she-cat admitted, recoiling slightly at the thought.
She was very content with fish as well. The way they were caught wasn't taxing as well. There was no better way to hunt than to sit by the river with a Clanmate and talk about anything that came to their minds while the fish practically jumped into their paws. Hunting land prey was far more difficult. Bubblepaw reacted to Mothpaw's nudge with a smile and a quiet chuckle of her own, "You're right, I guess I was worrying for nothing. I don't tend to do that. I've just never really experienced the actual cold, y'know?"

Bubblepaw looked toward the river again, preparing to strike. She wanted to see just how big this pile of prey could get by the time the sun was fully in the sky.
"I wonder if snow is as fun as it sounds." She thought out loud as she instinctively zoned out to watch the fish swimming by.
A moment passed, and the apprentice went for her next catch. She silently pulled it out before routinely killing it gently with her teeth and letting it join the pile. She gave it a look before her maw twisted into a smile.

"How are we going to carry these back to camp once we're done?" Despite it being a question and a realization, her tone was still lighthearted.

51/60
Pour more gasoline on fire, fly again, rising through the flames.

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』

Last edited by verychuu on Fri 4 Aug 2023 - 21:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

hush rush [c] Empty