Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Last patient of the day (closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1256

Last patient of the day (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Last patient of the day (closed)   Last patient of the day (closed) EmptySat 17 Jun 2023 - 22:19

"The most grievous of injuries come first!" Sablestrike would be last then, since his wounds weren't nearly as bad as his companions. He had walked away from the fight with only one deep cut to the chest, all of the others that littered his body were shallow. Out of all of his patrol mates, he had been the one to do the least amount of fighting. It sickened the tom to know that while he was 'playing' with the heavy-set Windclanner his clanmates were dying at the paws of their enemy. What was worse, he still had no clue how to feel about it all. A numbness had settled in the warrior at the sight of his lifeless clanmates, and while it did help with the physical pain, he was scared of what he would experience when it finally subsided.

The black tom observed his medicine cat at work, knowing that he should be helping in any way he could but not having the mind to do so. He found himself staring in her direction long after she had retreated back into the medicine den. Sablestrike forced himself to his paws, padding up to the den's entrance and pushing his way inside. "Harriertalon," The tom mewed, "Is now a bad time?" Of course it was. Harriertalon had just lost two of her siblings in one night, Sablestrike couldn't even begin to imagine how that was affecting her. For a brief moment the tom thought about leaving to allow the medicine cat her peace, but the gash in his chest kept the tom from doing so.

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

Last patient of the day (closed) Output12                   Last patient of the day (closed) Output10                          Last patient of the day (closed) Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Characters : [SC]Heatherberry| [TC]Vinecrawler | [R]Grub | [R] Grun Jr
Clan/Rank : [H]T3 BT MC / T4 MC | [G]T4 Rogue | [GJ] T1 Rogue [V]T5 Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 4493

PostSubject: Re: Last patient of the day (closed)   Last patient of the day (closed) EmptySun 18 Jun 2023 - 19:42

A dark swarm of thoughts plagued the midnight-pelted molly as she stared in an unblinking trance at the herbs before her. She must have counted them multiple time, but she couldn't remember doing it each time. A useless task that was doing nothing to ease the ache in her chest. "My dear Moondancer. My dear Batswarm..." A misplaced drop of water made a splotch on the leaf in front of her. She blinked heavily, willing her sadness to go away. Not now. ShadowClan needed her right now. Badgermask and Echomist needed her right now.

The rustling of the leaves to the dens entrance made her jump, shaking her head to rid of any tears that lingered. "Burdockroot should be out there already if you need anythi-" Turning her head, her green eyes met Sablestrikes gold. And then to the open wound in his chest. "Come take a seat. I'll prep some salve and cobwebs." There were very few cats she would entertain at the moment. Sablestrike happened to be one of those lucky few; though it had been a bit since they had last talked.

won't you shake a poor sinners hand?:

Last patient of the day (closed) JGgdMsS Last patient of the day (closed) JGg3TFt  Last patient of the day (closed) JGg3GK7 Last patient of the day (closed) JGg2WjR

Last patient of the day (closed) JcTsSP1  Last patient of the day (closed) JcnAVnI Last patient of the day (closed) Grub_f10Last patient of the day (closed) JaZZNs4
click photos for profiles | sprites by Aspen!
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)

PostSubject: Re: Last patient of the day (closed)   Last patient of the day (closed) EmptySun 9 Jul 2023 - 19:35

For a moment Sablestrike feared that he would be sent off to deal with the less desirable of the two medicine cats, and for that moment he considered trying to sleep the injury off. He'd certainly rather let the wound fester than deal with Burdockroot. His fear was quashed as green eyes turned to meet his. Beautiful... Why was he here again?

Right, his open chest. Sablestrike padded forward and seated himself as instructed, keeping an eye on Harriertalon as she got to work preparing the salve. This line of work suited her. Harriertalon had always been a sweet and caring individual, and while he would have loved for her to remain a warrior for obvious reasons, he couldn't deny the life of a medicine cat was perfect for her. Sablestrike felt an odd sense of pride at that. A smile cracked the tom's face, though it was gone in an instant. Smiling at a time like this was inappropriate. "How are you doing?" A simple starter, but he didn't feel it right to try out his small talk given the situation.

MORE ART!!:

Last patient of the day (closed) Output12                   Last patient of the day (closed) Output10                          Last patient of the day (closed) Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Last patient of the day (closed)   Last patient of the day (closed) EmptyFri 21 Jul 2023 - 17:10

Mindless chewing and slathering of salve against sleek  black fur kept her silent for a few heartbeats. Mostly to buy her time on how to even answer him. How was she doing...? By no will of her own, a slight smile formed at his words. Oh, Sablestrike. This wasn't the time for smiles and giggles, but the his question was poorly placed. Very him. "Excuse me for laughing, Sablestrike." She mewed between cobwebs. "I'm..." A long pause as she patted the webs down against his wounded chest, thinking of something to say that wouldn't bring the morale of a patient down while he heals. But. The seasoned warrior before her wasn't  just any patient, was he?

"I don't think I've ever felt such anger and sorrow before and I don't know what to do with it." To Harriertalon - even in such a horrible situation - Sablestrike's eyes held warmth like sunlight. Either it was the yellow hue, or it was because he looked at her with kindness and trust. Warmth was what she was in need of right about now, and she found herself resting her forehead on his shoulder without thinking.

She blinked, the bustling of cats in camp reminding her of what she was supposed to be doing and she pulled away. "I'm sorry. Uhm. Let me get you something for the pain." She turned to search her array of herbs, picking burdock root (something she often smiled about). When she turned, her eyes suddenly welled with tears: the fact Sablestrike had been the only one to ask if she was okay finally broke her. She was not okay. Not even close. "Thank you."

Last patient of the day (closed) JGgdMsS Last patient of the day (closed) JGg3TFt  Last patient of the day (closed) JGg3GK7 Last patient of the day (closed) JGg2WjR

Last patient of the day (closed) JcTsSP1  Last patient of the day (closed) JcnAVnI Last patient of the day (closed) Grub_f10Last patient of the day (closed) JaZZNs4
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Last patient of the day (closed)   Last patient of the day (closed) EmptySun 6 Aug 2023 - 23:50

Laughing? It wasn't quite the reaction he had been expecting but he was glad to see that his poorly placed question had brought her joy, even if it was only momentary. Sablestrike kept his maw shut, waiting patiently for Harriertalon to speak once more. He didn't mind the pain that came rushing back to him as she applied the cobwebs to his chest one bit.

The tom's gaze never left Harriertalon as she worked. Through it all he knew that she wasn't well, especially not after all she had lost. How she managed to keep herself together was a mystery to him. Then she spoke, revealing what he had already surmised. Words stuck in Sablestrike's throat as he tried to comfort his medicine cat, though she presented him a perfect opportunity to do so even without the use of his words. The tom gave a few comforting licks to Harriertalon's ear as she rested her head. It was a small gesture but one he hoped would work.

Sablestrike resisted the urge to follow his medicine cat as she returned to her herbs, and once more he tried to find any words that could comfort her. When she turned to face him again, the tom could feel a pain greater than the physical one he was enduring. It threatened to bring tears to his own eyes.

Sablestrike's spot in the medicine den had gone vacant as the tom padded to meet Harriertalon. He nuzzled her shoulder, yet another comforting gesture that was as much for her sake as it was his. "I'm sorry, Harriertalon. I'm sorry that I couldn't, and that I can't do more, but I will be here for you." The steadiness of his own voice shocked the tom as he pulled away, golden eyes staring deep into green and all the anger and sadness that they held. "I want to be here for you." And I would do anything for you.

MORE ART!!:

Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Last patient of the day (closed)   Last patient of the day (closed) EmptyWed 30 Aug 2023 - 11:21

"Being there is more than enough dear Sablestrike." There were a lot of uncertainties in Harriertalon's life these days. A heart could beat one day, and stop the other. A promise of protection and leadership could be made, only to be cast aside by egos when convenient. But the way Sablestrike spoke with confidence and strength, made something unbreakable chisle itself into her heart: this was a cat who truly cared in this moment. Someone who - in this moment - she could trust with her life. Sablestrike seemed to mean every word he spoke and Harriertalon would hold onto those words like they were fragile spring blossoms. Was it possible that he could betray her in the future? Yes. Any cat could. She wasn't so mouse-brained and naive anymore to trust wholeheartedly like she had with Nightstar - especially given that the warrior who looked so lovingly into her eyes was the failed leaders former apprentice.

The tears weren't heavy, but they still fell and soaked the fur around her eyes. "There has been so much hurt and betrayal these last few moons, Sablestrike. I've been a mouse-brained fool to believe such words at face value." A slight smile formed, though it held a twinge of uneasiness as her eyes searched his. "But I can't deny that I desperately hope your words continue to hold true, no matter what the future brings. Because I want to be there for you, too, Sablestrike."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last patient of the day (closed)   Last patient of the day (closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Last patient of the day (closed)
Page 1 of 1