Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

I Can't Lose You [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MediocreCrisis

MediocreCrisis

Characters : [B]oartusk, [S]piderpaw, [O]leanderkit
Clan/Rank : [B] Shadowclan T1 Warrior, [S] Windclan Apprentice, [O] RiverclanKit
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 576

I Can't Lose You [c] Empty
PostSubject: I Can't Lose You [c]   I Can't Lose You [c] EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 4:19 pm

I Can't Lose You [c] VVKXCX7

Locustcall

You're the pretender,
what if I say I'll never surrender?

Locustcall's paws carried him without thought, pure panic forcing his legs to race back to camp. He didn't stick around long when their two patrols met each other, both carrying wounds from dogs yet one certainly wasn't supposed to. More of those flea-bitten mongrels had broken into camp, the warriors remaining nearly losing their fight against them and only succeeding in chasing them off by a whisker. Many were injured, but Locustcall couldn't stay still long enough to find out who after Nightstar was named.

Stupid, stupid, stupid tom!

The calico entered the camp, his fur bristled in anger, fear, and despair at the sight of it torn apart, the feline and canine blood splattered on the floor. Still though, he didn't stop. He physically couldn't, like some unseen force was dragging him by the scruff as he searched for his leader. It wasn't hard, his scent easy to follow towards his den. He knew, as a warrior, he wasn't allowed to barge in like this. He needed to be invited or at least ask for permission at the entrance. However, he refused to. Nightstar could kick him out after for all he cared, he just needed to see him now.

He slipped through the roots of the old oak tree, finding Nightstar lying in his nest, the thick irony scent of old blood enough to make his eyes water. Yes, the scent was causing it, nothing else. "Will you stop dying every time I look away?!" he hissed, seething. "I swear to the stars I will hold your tail everywhere you go like a queen if you can't take care of yourself, idiot!" He sucked in a ragged breath. From running, not a sob, he wasn't crying.

Boartusk | Shadowclan T1 Warrior | #990000
Oleanderkit | Riverclan Kit | #669933
Spiderpaw | Windclan Apprentice | #0883D4
Plotting Page | Art Emporium | Character Profiles
Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

Characters : Nightstalker - Rom wuz here <3
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan Warrior
Number of posts : 1155

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Lose You [c]   I Can't Lose You [c] EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 11:58 pm

Nightstar was barely lucid as it was when Locustcall barged into his den, hardly aware as a snarl pulled back his lips. Confusion was a pond with disturbed sand, struggling to clear itself as the sand clouded the clarity of the water source. "What do you mean?" Nightstar croaked, his voice oddly soft as he fought to be heard, "It is my duty to give my lives to my clan. And I must do it without hesitation, it is expected of me." The injured black toms voice lilted at the end, a statement turned into almost a question as he looked up at the furious calico. "We were outnumbered, had I not fought this day, where would Shadowclan be? I had made the mistake of sending my best warriors off for a Starclan-forsaken prophecy and this is the price paid." A snarl managed to pull itself from his throat, but none of it was directed at Locustcall, but at himself for allowing himself to listen to his ancestors once more.

How many times must they intervene, only to end up in some sort of destruction to Shadowclan? Did they not serve them faithfully, despite his doubts?

I Can't Lose You [c] Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
Nightstalker Tier 5 Warrior of Shadowclan
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
MediocreCrisis

MediocreCrisis

Clan/Rank : [B] Shadowclan T1 Warrior, [S] Windclan Apprentice, [O] RiverclanKit
Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Lose You [c]   I Can't Lose You [c] EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 12:30 am

Locustcall

You're the pretender,

"I know!" Locustcall barked. Hearing rationality didn't make it any easy to accept though. If Nightstar were any other cat: Flintstar, Murkystar, Froststar if he had known him in his leadership, he would have expected this from them. But Nightstar wasn't any other cat. He was his best friend, his only friend that he felt he could be completely honest with. He was elated to finally have him back after moons and moons, and now here he was dropping lives like flies!

"But you won't be here at all to serve your clan if you die, Nightstar! If you die permanently! You've gone and gotten yourself mangled twice in less than a moon! Would it pain you to be more careful?!" His fur bristled and his tail lashed behind him, far too many emotions brewing inside his chest simply showing as anger. "I shouldn't have to worry about you in camp. Did you actually lose a life here? How many do you even have left?" There was a pause, then the tom snorted, averting his gaze. "Don't answer that." It wasn't his place... he didn't want to know.

"Starclan didn't give you these lives to throw them away. Shadowclan needs you here and you can't do that if you're rotting in a hole!" His muzzle wrinkled, his torn lip making his grimace even more evident. He took deep breaths in a vain attempt to calm, but his blood boiled at the thought his friend would so flippantly toss himself into danger seemingly every time Locustcall had his eyes closed. He wanted him around! Stop dying!

Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Lose You [c]   I Can't Lose You [c] EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 2:54 pm

"No lives were lost, Locustcall. Not mine, nor any of my clanmates." Nightstar snapped, the 'because of me' going unsaid. "I have seven lives left, Locustcall, unless I bleed to death in my nest." snark was thick on his tongue, "I have seven. But you only have one, if any of us should be concerned it should be me." Maybe Nightstar would have risen to his paws at any point during this conversation, but there was no strength left in his limbs, and had there been any he doubted he could have with how his hips and ribs were screaming at him. Painful coughs wracked the toms body, his white chin gaining a few more red spots as he hacked into his nest.

Tiredness engulfed Nightstar once more, any strength from his own anger and irritation ebbing him into placidity again. "Shadowclan needs me, yes. But as long as I can make the right choices and ensure that at least one of us makes it to seniorhood, then I would count that as success." Nightstar meowed.

I Can't Lose You [c] Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
MediocreCrisis

MediocreCrisis

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Lose You [c]   I Can't Lose You [c] EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 5:28 pm

Locustcall

You're the pretender,

Seven. With how often it felt like he found Nightstar bloodied, seven was a good number. But how quickly could seven dwindle if he kept on throwing himself into the jaws of dogs and the paws of monsters?

Locustcall inhaled a breath, but paused when his friend began to hack and cough, his words faltering into a shuddering exhale, his vision blurring. It took the calico a moment to recollect himself, falling into a sitting position with a heavy thump of his hindquarters. "I also don't an entire clan sitting on my shoulders. You have friends and family here, a clan that needs you to lead them, but all I have is you." He had Tigershriek too, and a few acquaintances, but he wouldn't have had any of that if it weren't for Nightstar, and with the tom in such a sorry state, his mind didn't linger elsewhere. All he could do was babble the thoughts that festered in the recesses of his mind. "So I would appreciate it if you stopped trying to act like your only use here is to be everyone's scratching post. It's terrifying wondering every time I leave you alone if you've gone and gotten yourself torn apart. I care about you, Nightstar..." His throat felt sore and scratchy, as if he's swallowed a feather that refused to go down.

Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Lose You [c]   I Can't Lose You [c] EmptyThu Feb 23, 2023 2:40 pm

Silence fell on the black tom as he considered his friends words. He wanted to deny much of the claim, that he had few friends and few family left... but that wasn't quite true was it? Leopardsun was once just a deputy, now she was mates with his little brother, having seven kits that he was now an uncle to. Iceheart and Locustcall were friends, there were few cats he'd give the title to. But was he really worth that much to cats outside of leadership? He knew that some were not happy with his actions as of late, but he couldn't care enough about that, driven on by his belief that everything he did was for the best of his clan.

And perhaps in his growing silence, he finally took the time to really observe his companion, the shaking and the red tearyness of his eyes. What he had been doing really scared him, huh? But what else was he supposed to do? He was fighting and doing his best, he couldn't stand around and only put half the effort into battles that were very much life and death. Nightstar found irritation rising in his blood, "I don't have any other choice, Locustcall. I'd love to stop getting hurt as it is, but what else am I supposed to do? I can't just stop- my paws are tied with Shadowclan." Irritation bled through, but his voice almost sounded like a plea for help. Nightstar didn't see any viable solution to the problem presented to the two of them, Nightstar had to keep going, had to keep shedding every bit of himself for his clan.

70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
MediocreCrisis

MediocreCrisis

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Lose You [c]   I Can't Lose You [c] EmptyFri Mar 03, 2023 2:10 am

Locustcall

You're the pretender,

Locustcall's fur bristled, his lips pressed into a tight line as he bit his tongue. As much as he wanted to blurt Nightstar did have a choice, he knew it wasn't that simple. Nothing was simple. He took a deep breath through his nose, his claws kneading the soft ground below. "You're right, you are tied to Shadowclan. The dogs were unavoidable, I would have been just as upset if you didn't fight to protect our clan so calling you an idiot for this is... wrong." The word was spat, the admitted defeat having the claw its way out of his throat.

"However, the life you lost on the thunderpath was not for Shadowclan. You were on the wrong side of the border and I refuse to believe a monster flung you over the path. I don't care what possessed you to cross and get yourself killed, that was avoidable." Unsurprisingly, making sure his friend didn't die again on the way back home after the accident took priority. He didn't ask why he was there or what happened, just caring if he was alright. He still didn't need answers, but he hoped to Starclan he wouldn't do something that stupid again.

"What you're supposed to do is savor your lives. If you lose them all in less than a moon then you might as well have had only one to start with." The tom glanced to the red spots on his chin, thoughts visibly churning in his head before laying himself down, curling his paws underneath himself.

"I'm staying here until Burdockroot sees to you." And possibly longer than that, but that wasn't said aloud. "You need rest and cats can go bother Leopardsun if they need something." It was probably out of line to instate himself as Nightstar's guard, but in the tom's state, he didn't care. His leader, his best friend, was injured and he wasn't moving. "You've done enough for Shadowclan today. Let me help you."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Lose You [c]   I Can't Lose You [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

I Can't Lose You [c]
Page 1 of 1