Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

In the Bright Eyes of Youth [O]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MediocreCrisis

MediocreCrisis

Characters : [B]oartusk, [Spi]derdance, [O]leanderpaw, [Ser]pentkit
Clan/Rank : [B] Shadowclan T2 Warrior, [Spi] Windclan T1 Warrior, [O] Riverclan Apprentice, [Ser] Thunderclan Unborn Kit
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 594

In the Bright Eyes of Youth [O] Empty
PostSubject: In the Bright Eyes of Youth [O]   In the Bright Eyes of Youth [O] EmptyTue 24 Jan 2023 - 21:25

In the Bright Eyes of Youth [O] FJJXrDc

Martenkit

I'm alright, I'm okay, I'm alright, I'm okay

His mama said that soon the snow would be going away, that things would get warmer... but Martenkit didn't want that at all! If the snow went away, what would replace it? Would hot mud fall from the sky instead? Or hot rain?! If cold stuff came from the sky in leafbare, surely something hot came from the sky in greenleaf, right?! That's how things got cold and hot with the change of seasons! Perhaps he should have asked his mother, but he didn't want to hear what could possibly replace his precious snow for the fact it could be something terrible... so he decided he'd cherish what snow he had for the last few moons.

Martenkit's thick brown coat and kitten fat protected him from the chill as he began to collect as much snow as possible, using his paws to drag the cold powder around. He prioritized the clean fresh stuff that compiled on the edges of camp where few cats walked, little black paws carrying him back and forth as he rolled more and more to his amassing snow hill near the nursery. The little tom was careful to ensure his pile remained light and fluffy, never packing down his collection until finally his project was done.

The first thing Martenkit did with his brand new pile of snow was gingerly step into its center, the chill freezing his pads before he curled his paws underneath himself, loafing in his frozen nest. A rumbling purr rose from his chest in satisfaction. He had heard some complain of the cold, but Martenkit didn't get it. To him, it was perfect.

Boartusk | Shadowclan T2 Warrior | #990000
Oleanderpaw | Riverclan Apprentice | #669933
Spiderdance | Windclan T1 Warrior | #0883D4
Serpentkit | Thunderclan Unborn Kit | #703642
Not Depicted
Plotting Page | Art Emporium | Character Profiles
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Characters : ➀Forestbreeze ➁Brookstone ➂Briarrose
Clan/Rank : ➀Shadowclan T5 ➁Riverclan T5 ➂Thunderclan T4
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 497

PostSubject: Re: In the Bright Eyes of Youth [O]   In the Bright Eyes of Youth [O] EmptyWed 25 Jan 2023 - 21:20

˗ˏˋ🪨´ˎ˗【Brookstone】˗ˏˋ🪨´ˎ˗
∘₊✧──────────✧₊∘
【Riverclan】♡【#E0BFB8】♡【T4 Warrior ║ 60[HP] | 140[SP]】

With an annoyed huff, Brookstone dropped a toad and a sad-looking mouse onto the prey pile. Leaf-Bare was never easy on the hunting but it was a given that they had to try. They'd starve if they didn't. However, Brookstone wasn't just doing it because it was her duty. She needed some distraction from the worry that constantly plagued her since the twolegs had barged through Fourtrees during their temporary stay there. Clanmates disappeared and then reappeared after some time. She had been ecstatic when they had arrived back to them but her excitement was short-lived when yet another few of her clanmates disappeared after. It was a never-ending cycle that made her want to rip her fur off! Her little fishies had been among the some who got taken by those horrible twolegs! She had never been more distraught and sick with worry. She missed Andy, Spruce, Hawk, and everyone else... Despite the torment that was brewing within her like a great storm, she couldn't stop her duties. Her other clanmates needed her.

Straightening up, the brown tabby warrior turned away with a sigh and began to head over to the clearing. Perhaps she could find Stormdance? She really needed to speak with him. Pouting slightly, Brookstone's gaze roamed around the camp and finally settled on something... or more like someone. It wasn't Stormdance but it had caught her interest anyway. There was a small kit resting within an odd-shaped bundle of snow. Was it supposed to be a nest? The molly cracked a smile for what seemed to be the first time in a long while. Huh. She had forgotten how cute the kits were. She was always told she was good with them. With everything that had happened, she rarely had time to slow down and get to know some of the new ones. Maybe it was time to sharpen up her dulled social skills like old times...

With her mind made up, Brook leisurely strolled over to the young, content kit. As soon as she reached talking distance, she greeted the kit with a, "Hey there, little fishy! That looks mighty comfy. Ya made that?" Her bright blue eyes were shining with mirth and warmth. She offered him a lopsided grin and plopped down a tail-length away. "Name's Brookstone. What's yours?"

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
⓵ Forestbreeze of Shadowclan
⓶ Brookstone of Riverclan
⓷ Briarrose of Thunderclan
Back to top Go down
MediocreCrisis

MediocreCrisis

Clan/Rank : [B] Shadowclan T2 Warrior, [Spi] Windclan T1 Warrior, [O] Riverclan Apprentice, [Ser] Thunderclan Unborn Kit
Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: In the Bright Eyes of Youth [O]   In the Bright Eyes of Youth [O] EmptyThu 26 Jan 2023 - 21:02

Martenkit

Martenkit blinked as a voice pulled his attention away from his chilly respite, blinking open icy blue eyes to find a warrior that he hadn't met before. He had seen her around camp though. Martenkit liked to watch the warriors trot around camp like busy bees, disappearing out of the entrance and sometimes returning with prey, other times not. Sometimes they'd have conversations he'd snooze through since warrior talk was a bit boring... and sometimes frightening, talking about cats that have disappeared and predators called twolegs that didn't seem anything like the hawks and badgers his mother told him about... but it was rude to eavesdrop, so he only did it a little bit.

"Yes, I did. It's very comfy." Martenkit nodded plainly, settling himself deeper into his snowy nest. "I'd offer you a spot... but I made it me-sized. I don't think you'd fit." He glanced down at the frosty powder, squinting a bit as though trying to calculate how to fit a cat much larger than him into his spot. Maybe if she sat instead of laid down? No, that wouldn't work, even if she did fit she'd only get cold paws instead of that full encapsulating chill.

Wait, she asked for his name! "Oh! I'm Martenkit, what's-" The brown tom looked to have almost started rolling into the usual introductions before remembering Brookstone had already stated her own name, there wasn't a need to ask for it again. "I mean, nice to meet you." Nailed it! Right, Mother said it was good to ask questions to... 'keep the conversation going.' "Do you like the snow too? Mom said it would be going away soon... how close is 'soon?'"

Not Depicted
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: In the Bright Eyes of Youth [O]   In the Bright Eyes of Youth [O] EmptyFri 27 Jan 2023 - 8:57

∘₊✧──────────✧₊∘

Brook chuckled and waved a paw. "Nah, Nah. It's all good. I'll make one that's Brook-sized so I don't squish yours. It's too cute to be ruined. Thanks for offering, little fishy." As she said she'd do, Brookstone stood up and began to quickly gather the snow around her with hurried scooping and digging motions. The warrior stopped only until it was in a somewhat decent pile. She beamed and stepped into the middle of it before plopping down once more. She suppressed her shivers. The cold was extra harsh on her but she could troop it out for now. "There," she finally said. "It's a bit lopsided but I think it adds character. Whaddya think? Suits me dunnit?" She flashed him a matching lopsided grin before bursting out into laughter.

She put a damper on her laughter and settled down once again. The tabby molly listened to his introduction, attentiveness catching onto his almost slip-up. Her mouth curled up into an easygoing smile. "Nice ta meet ya, Martenkit." She waved her tail. "Just know that I'll be callin' ya "little fishy" more than your actual name. It's just my thing. I've already been doin' it anyway." Brookstone shrugged and offered another smile.

Tilting her head as she listened to him ask her questions. "Well, I ain't snow's biggest fan 'cause of my short fur and it's very cold but I can certainly say that it wakes me up quicker than anythin' else so I guess that's a plus... Oh! It also makes everything sparkly when ya look at things from a certain angle. It's especially shimmery at night and I think it's super neat."

The she-cat allowed herself a quick breather before speaking up again, "I ain't too sure when exactly it'll go away. Sometimes Leaf-bare can surprise us and it stays a little longer than normal or just straight up vanishes outta nowhere. However, I do feel like it's soon too. Trust me when I say that Newleaf is a very lovely thing to witness. I enjoy watching all the plants and critters come back in full swing." She purred. "Say, what do ya do for fun? Any interestin' hobbies or games ya like?"

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
Back to top Go down
MediocreCrisis

MediocreCrisis

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: In the Bright Eyes of Youth [O]   In the Bright Eyes of Youth [O] EmptyWed 1 Feb 2023 - 1:03

Martenkit

The small tom watched silently as the she-cat started to make her own snow nest. She didn't put as much time into it as he did his own, but he didn't judge, maybe she liked an uneven nest? He tilted his head, observing as she stepped into the middle of it and plopped down into the snow. It was impossible not to smile back when she let out an infectious laugh, Martenkit giving a reserved giggle. It did fit her, the nest curving unevenly in the same way her smile did... It also fit her much better in the literal sense as well, he wondered if he'd get big enough to fit in there too when he was an adult.

Brookstone started talking about snow and Martenkit listened quietly, regarding the white powder underneath his disproportionate paws. He found some solace in the fact there was a chance it could stay longer than the queens told him. A lot of adults didn't seem to like the snow, he didn't get it when he liked it so much. "I hope it sticks around then. At least until I'm big. I don't want it to go away until I can make big tunnels in it outside." He wasn't allowed out yet, but he could see all the untouched snow and how big it could pile up when it fell all night. He wanted to badly to go play in it, but he could make due with what was in camp for now... "As long as it isn't too cold for you," he added.

The inquiry to his hobbies made him tilt his head again, this time to the other side as he thought. "I like to play in the snow... Or sometimes I like to look for pretty rocks, the ones that are all smooth. Sometimes they have a cool line through the middle and I think that's pretty." Martenkit hesitated before listing the last one. "But, I really like just listening... Sometimes the warriors will talk about something all hushed-like and it makes me feel smart to listen, even if I don't get it half the time. Or maybe some cat talks about how they looked for this one specific prey because another cat really liked it and I think it's sweet..." The young brown tom cleared his throat quickly. "But mom said it's rude to eavesdrop, so you can't tell her I still do it, ok?"

Not Depicted
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: In the Bright Eyes of Youth [O]   In the Bright Eyes of Youth [O] EmptyThu 2 Feb 2023 - 1:10

∘₊✧──────────✧₊∘

She had a considering look etched onto her face as she listened to Martenkit respond. It seemed to her that he was quite taken with the snow—perhaps it was something that brought him comfort. "As long as it isn't too cold for you..." Better add thoughtful to the growing list of descriptors for Marten. Just for that, she hoped the snow would stay for a while longer than usual. She'd brave the cold for some more if it meant seeing this adorable kitten so content again. D'aw!

Nodding , Brookstone lifted a paw and placed it over her mouth. "Your secret's safe with me, little fishy. She won't hear a peep." She offered a lopsided smile. "Honestly, I get ya. It feels good learning somethin' new. I used to do that as a kit too—I still do it. Sometimes, it can't be helped. If they don't want othahs listening to their conversations, then they shouldn't go blabbing out in the open. Don't ya think so?" The tabby molly shrugged a shoulder. "There's plenty of places to talk in secret and whatnot so nobody should tell ya off for listening in. If they do, just send them over my way and I'll sort them straight. Brook here's got your back. Trust in me, Marty." The warrior finished off with a wink. Hopefully, Martenkit wouldn't be too confused at the constant nickname changes. It just happened with her.

Shifting around her "nest" until she was upside down on her back, she spoke up again, "Do ya keep the rocks for a collection? If ya do, can I see them? It doesn't hafta be now but eventually?" An interested twinkle arrived in her eyes. She used to see many rock and trinket collections from her denmates—she always thought them to be cool. Shiny or interesting-looking things always nabbed her attention.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
Back to top Go down
MediocreCrisis

MediocreCrisis

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: In the Bright Eyes of Youth [O]   In the Bright Eyes of Youth [O] EmptyThu 2 Feb 2023 - 22:38

Martenkit

Martenkit offered a soft smile and brief nod as Brookstone offered to keep his secret safe. It still felt a little rude to listen in, but the she-cat made sense. He was stuck in camp, but the warriors could go anywhere anytime they wanted. Maybe it was ok if he listened just a little bit. He didn't understand what they were talking about most of the time anyway, so it canceled out... probably.

The tom let out a quiet hum of thought at the inquiry to his collection. "I don't keep them. If I take them then other cats can't find them for themselves. Maybe another cat might take it, but that's alright because I already got to see it... but there is one I kept." He glanced to the nursery entrance not too far from where they laid, pausing for a moment. "I'll be right back." Martenkit carefully lifted himself from the snow, clumps of it sticking to his long brown belly fur. Paws he had yet to grow into carried him into the den, lifting the moss of his warm nest and grabbing a small stone in his maw.

Returning to his spot next the Brookstone, he settled back down into his pile with a quiet crunch of snow, placing the stone down on his paws, cradled in his white mits like a kit of his own. At first glance, it didn't look too special, a round, flat gray river stone that was abundant in their territory. However, it had two lines of white that ran around it. "This is the prettiest one I found. Sometimes I find stones with one line, or some that have really cool web markings, but this one is the only one I found that had two. I don't know, maybe it's just pretty, but I like to think it's lucky too."

He turned his gaze to the she-cat beside him. "Do you have any rocks you really like? Or feathers; it doesn't have to be a stone." Some feathers were really beautiful, though it was rare for a warrior to bring a bird instead of a fish. Though, even their scales came in pretty colors sometimes, but he didn't know how someone would collect those. They were so tiny.

Not Depicted
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: In the Bright Eyes of Youth [O]   In the Bright Eyes of Youth [O] EmptySat 4 Feb 2023 - 14:26

∘₊✧──────────✧₊∘

Brook regarded him with another thoughtful expression as she watched him head into the nursery. Before she could lose herself too far in her thoughts, the dark-furred kitten returned with his little treasure. Brook couldn't hide the smile that overtook her as she watched him place the river stone on his paws. It made an adorable sight. She was interested in learning what made this stone particularly special.

Her questions were quickly answered only a moment later. Huh. She'd never paid special attention to the markings that occasionally painted the stones' surfaces. How interesting... "Well, if ya think it's lucky, it probably is. It has unique markings so it's somethin' special." She regarded the stone for a second more before adding, "If I find one kinda like that, I'll snatch it up. I think it's neat." 

At Martenkit's next question, the tabby's eyes lit up. "I do! I actually have both. Lemme go get 'em." Brookstone sprang up onto her paws and hurried over to the warrior's den, dodging around her clanmates on occasion. She went straight to her nest (nicely snug next to Stormdance's) and shuffled around the moss. Once she found the two trinkets she was searching for, she carefully picked them up with her jaws and hurried right back to the kit, leaving her bed in disarray. Eh, she'll fix up her nest later.

She plopped down onto her makeshift snow nest and set down the stone and feather in front of her so Martenkit could see. "These here are some of my favorite stuff I've picked up over the moons," she explained with a proud smile. She gestured to the stone first with a paw. It was a rosy-pink stone with dark-speckled markings peppering the smooth surface. It had a lovely sheen to it. "I found this stone during my first hunt at the river. I nearly fell in tryna get it but I managed it and now I have somethin' to remember the time I caught my first fish." She then pointed to the feather with an even broader smile. It appeared to be a black feather with no other notable features. "This here's a starling feather. It was from the first bird I'd ever caught. Wasn't easy at all but after tryin' an' tryin' I finally snatched one of the buggers." She flexed her paw and picked up the feather in between two of her paw toes. "Looks plain right? Just a regular black feather. But, when ya hold it up in the light at just the right angle-" She cut herself off and lifted up the feather, revealing beautiful shimmery blues and greens on the glossy surface. "-you can see that it's got a lot more goin' on. Looks can be deceiving, as they say." She placed it back down carefully and stared at the two objects for a while, a flurry of emotions passing across her face.  

Suddenly, the warrior slowly slid over her stone to Martenkit. "Here, Marty. You can have this. It's a gift so no takesies backsies." She grinned at the young tom-kit. "Whenever ya go out huntin' just remember that ol' Brook here's cheerin' ya on... This will also help jumpstart your rock collection... You should make one, by the way. You can share the coolness of stones with your future denmates. Ya can even give some away as gifts." A soft smile was now present on her face. "If ya ever want a stone-huntin' partner, just let me know. I could use some more fun in my life." She winked playfully at the kit.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
Back to top Go down
MediocreCrisis

MediocreCrisis

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: In the Bright Eyes of Youth [O]   In the Bright Eyes of Youth [O] EmptyFri 10 Feb 2023 - 15:51

Martenkit

Martenkit waited patiently when the she-cat rushed off to grab her own collection. Brookstone's enthusiasm leaked into him and he found himself kneading into the snow, wondering what a warrior would find interesting to keep. Their minds seemed so nebulous to him sometimes.

Brookstone returned and Martenkit leaned closer in his snow nest, getting a better look as the she-cat showed off her items. The stone was absolutely beautiful, so different compared to the dull river stones he found across camp. They were still pretty, but they didn't shimmer as Brookstone's did nor were they so vibrant, all monotone greys, browns, or whites. His eyes widened a little bit, a small tell of his awe as the warrior explained its significance. Not only was it gorgeous, but it had a story behind it too!

The feather collected just as much of Martenkit's attention, silently admiring how it shimmered in the sunlight. He had seen jay and cardinal feathers, birds could come in so many colors, but the fact that starling feathers had hidden colors fascinated the kit! How many other things glimmered like that if he looked at it from the right angle?

Just as he was contemplating what he could be missing out on, Brookstone passed the rock to him, the kitten blinking in shock. It was her special rock, wasn't it? She wanted him to have it? His lips pressed into a tight line, unsure and debating passing it back to her, but she said no takesies backsies, clearly the words of an unbreakable law.

"Ok," he said softly, "I'll keep it safe." And start a collection to share. He'd find a really special rock to give back to her too, something just as pretty as her pink stone. He didn't know how when hers was so vibrant, but he'd figure it out. "When I'm big, I'll look for all the good ones to share... Thank you." He slid the stone closer to him with one large white paw before affectionately pressing his head to her shoulder in a show of gratitude.

Not Depicted
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: In the Bright Eyes of Youth [O]   In the Bright Eyes of Youth [O] EmptySun 12 Feb 2023 - 13:49

∘₊✧──────────✧₊∘

She purred as she watched the kitten hold his gift close. It warmed her heart as he said that he'd keep it safe. It always felt good giving gifts to others. The tabby molly mostly derived her happiness from those around her—it seemed a bit cliché but there's just no other way of putting it. She loved her clan that much.

"I can't wait to see your collection when ya start gettin' more and more rocks. Also, I'm sure your clanmates will very much like your gifts. They'll make the dens and their nests real pretty." She grinned vibrantly. Her grin instantly morphed to shock and then a deep fondness when Martenkit pressed his head to her shoulder. Aww. He was just so sweet! Brookstone's purring returned as she lifted a paw and gently wrapped it around his small shoulders. She held him there before lifting that same paw back up and ruffling the fur atop his head. "You're welcome, little fishy. Anytime, ya hear? Anytime..."

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
Back to top Go down
MediocreCrisis

MediocreCrisis

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: In the Bright Eyes of Youth [O]   In the Bright Eyes of Youth [O] EmptyWed 15 Feb 2023 - 21:55

Martenkit

Martenkit let out a soft purr at the affection, barely audible, but there. He was already thinking about what rocks he would get. Maybe something blue? Did rocks come in blue? They came in pink, so they must come in blue too, right? Or maybe he had to collect something at a special moment like Brookstone did, a rock that was more sentimental than pretty? He'd figure it out when he was able to leave camp and find all the rocks.

He gave a chuckle and a nod, the fur on the top of his head messed up from her paw. "Alright, thank you- uh, again." He stumbled a bit on his words again. "I wanna show these to mom. I'll see you later, ok?" He picked up the rocks into his mouth, giving her a quick nod in farewell before scampering off back to the nursery with his new treasure.

Not Depicted
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the Bright Eyes of Youth [O]   In the Bright Eyes of Youth [O] Empty

Back to top Go down

In the Bright Eyes of Youth [O]
Page 1 of 1