Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1042

Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c] Empty
PostSubject: Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c]   Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c] EmptyFri 23 Sep 2022 - 21:05

Rainkit

Rainkit was still a little shaky on his paws, but he’s been released from the medicine cat den and given a clean bill of health. He’s also allowed to leave the nursery on his own, and he’s been taking advantage of that freedom to explore his new home a little more now that his head isn’t a clouded mess.

He watches a beautiful orange leaf flutter down from the trees above them. He reaches over and bats at it half-heartedly, knocking it down to the ground. He starts to wiggle as if he’s going to pounce, before he just sort of sighs and shakes his head. He couldn’t muster up the energy to play, not really. He thought about just going back to the nursery, curling up in a comfortable, mossy corner, and going back to sleep. Maybe when he woke up, things would make sense again.

With a yawn, Rainkit turned to do just that, when he spotted a familiar face. Crimsonflame. He met Crimsonflame when he first arrived. He’d had a few visitors when he was sick, with Birdchaser visiting him every day, but his head was so fuzzy during that time it was hard to remember who visited and when. It surprised him. But Crimsonflame had been so nice to him when he arrived, and while Birdchaser had been answering all his questions, he supposed he couldn’t hurt to ask more of someone else. Besides, Rainkit really did want to get to know the cats here. They had been so kind to take him in.

Taking a breath, Rainpaw walked over cautiously. “Hullo,” He mewed softly, looking up at the much larger warrior. “Are you busy…? Would it be alright if I talked to you for a few minutes?” He was a bit stiff, trying to remember all the manners his mother had been trying to teach him. He didn’t want to offend the cats who had taken him in, or make them change their minds.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100EP
#de0404

Wrensong
RC Tier 1 Warrior
30HP/70EP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100EP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/130EP
#446fb3

Silentkit
SKC Kit
10HP/20EP

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmstorm, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderpaw, [T]Thistlepaw
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T4 Warrior, [E]RiverClan T1 Warrior, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Apprentice, [T]WindClan Apprentice
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2391

PostSubject: Re: Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c]   Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c] EmptyTue 27 Sep 2022 - 15:46

Truthfully, Crimsonflame missed spending time in the nursery. Sure, there was a certain queen who he did NOT miss, but he had enjoyed taking care of his son the way he had. And yes, he still looked after his son, he had been assigned his mentor after all, a fact that he was grateful for. But Asterpaw was not so young anymore. And he surely wouldn't appreciate him hovering. So yes, Crimsonflame did hang around the nursery a bit still. And he wasn't going to hide it either. He wasn't ashamed to enjoy being a father.

So he was rather glad when Rainkit approached him. He had visited him a couple of times in the medicine den, but between Birdchaser's hovering and the kit's need to rest, he never actually stayed long. But he was rather of the tom himself.

"Hey, look who's out and about! Of course we can talk, how have you been feeling?"

Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c] Sfr52Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c] Sfr5bEverything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c] Sfr5LEverything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c] Sfr5KEverything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c] Sfr59
Click Icons for Profiles
Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c] SfPQh
Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c] SYgf1
Art by Copper
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c]   Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c] EmptyTue 27 Sep 2022 - 16:47

Rainkit

Rainkit relaxed when Crimsonflame seemed welcome to the company, taking a seat in front of the big warrior and tucking his tail beneath his paws. He sat stiffly, but he felt a little more relaxed around Crimsonflame then most of the new or semi-new faces around.

"Better. Thank you for asking," Rainkit said. "I've moved out of the medicine den now. I'm in the nursery." And then, a tiny smile appeared on the kit's overly serious face. "I even made a new friend there, I think. Crookedkit. He's really nice and friendly. He's taught me some cool new games. I like the nursery. It's really comfortable."

"How about you? What is... being a warrior like? I mean, what do you do most of the time?" Rainkit asked, looking up at Crimsonflame with eyes that shone bright with curiosity, though he tried to remain stiff and serious.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100EP
#de0404

Wrensong
RC Tier 1 Warrior
30HP/70EP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100EP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/130EP
#446fb3

Silentkit
SKC Kit
10HP/20EP

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmstorm, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderpaw, [T]Thistlepaw
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T4 Warrior, [E]RiverClan T1 Warrior, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Apprentice, [T]WindClan Apprentice
Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c]   Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c] EmptyTue 4 Oct 2022 - 10:46

"You made a new friend? That's awesome! And I'm glad you're able to be in the nursery now. It sounds like you're getting on pretty good!"

He smiled, happy that things seemed to be going good for Rainkit. And the happiness he seemed to show suggested that at the very least Wildfang hasn't been giving him too much trouble. He might claw that molly's ears off if she did.

Rainkit asked what it was like being a warrior, and Crimsonflame had to think about it a bit.

"I really enjoy being a warrior. It is a lot different from when I lived as a rogue, and it took some getting used to, but it is nice. I do all the things I did out there, but now it's like....I'm not alone. I hunt, just like every cat does, and we all get to gather the prey together in one pile. Even if you can't catch your prey, there is someone else who can, and so everyone gets to eat. And we don't have to fight for our right to eat, either. We have our own territory, our own boundaries, and most cats respect that. Of course, we do have to defend those boundaries, but it isn't a constant battle like it is on your own.

And my favorite part is how I get to train apprentices. Most cats only get one apprentice at a time, but I have two. Daypaw and Asterpaw. And I get to train them how to hunt and fight just like I do."

He realized he was rambling a bit, and stopped. He never realized just how much happier he was here, but the more he had talked of his new life, the wider his grin had become. He looked at Rainkit, waiting for the young tom's reaction, hoping his information dumping wouldn't scare him off.

Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c] Sfr52Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c] Sfr5bEverything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c] Sfr5LEverything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c] Sfr5KEverything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c] Sfr59
Click Icons for Profiles
Art by Copper
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c]   Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c] EmptyTue 4 Oct 2022 - 13:09

Rainkit

Rainkit listened to Crimsonflame closely, determined to show that he's a good listener, when something Crimsonflame said caught his attention immediately. Rainkit's ears pricked up and his eyes went wide, though he stayed still and quiet while Crimsonflame finished speaking. "You were a rogue?" Rainkit blurted, unable to keep his excitement inside for much longer. "You were an outsider like me?" Of course, from the sound of it, Crimsonflame lived a very different life to the beginning of Rainkit's. By now Rainkit had learned the difference between a 'kittypet' and a 'rogue', but that didn't change the fact that Rainkit wasn't alone in his experience of an outsider coming in. Someone else probably understood how overwhelming and stressful it could be, as well as how nice it could be. A purr rumbled out of Rainkit's throat, quiet but still making his little body vibrate slightly.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to focus on just one thing, but it's just nice to know. That somebody else is like me." Rainkit smiled brightly at Crimsonflame. "That sounds really nice. Everyone's been really nice since I got here. I didn't know so many cats could live in one place before." Rainkit rambled, the floodgates thrown open and he couldn't quite curb himself. "What are your apprentices like?" He asked curiously. "Is it overwhelming having two at once? It seems like that would be a lot to manage. It's really impressive that you can teach both of them all on your own!" And then, shyer, Rainkit asked, "Do you think I could meet them sometime?"

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100EP
#de0404

Wrensong
RC Tier 1 Warrior
30HP/70EP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100EP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/130EP
#446fb3

Silentkit
SKC Kit
10HP/20EP

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c]   Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c] EmptyWed 5 Oct 2022 - 20:59

[color=#999933]"Yeah, I was born a rogue. Although I'll admit my "welcome" wasn't as nice as yours. My dad...... he did a lot of really bad things to SkyClan, so not everyone really liked me at first. Things are better now, though. Those cats that were less than kind aren't here anymore, for the most part." He chuckled dryly, of course thinking about Wildfang. One of these days she had to turn over and die, right? Right?

But he wasn't here to talk about Wildfang. He wasn't going to scare this kit off.

"My apprentices are actually on the easier side. Daypaw is the older of the two. You might see him around, he is a really calm cat. And then there is Asterpaw. He is actually my son, believe it or not. He can be a bit of a pawful at times, but I really enjoy being able to train him. Both of them. And I don't know if you met Nightbird at all, he is one of the warriors here, he was actually my first apprentice."

Click Icons for Profiles
Art by Copper
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c]   Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c] EmptySat 8 Oct 2022 - 17:03

Rainkit

Rainkit frowned as Crimsonflame described his experience upon joining Skyclan. Rainkit thought that wasn't very nice of the cats that had rejected Crimsonflame at first. It wasn't like the actions of Crimsonflame's father had anything to do with Crimsonflame himself. Or at least, that's the way Rainkit saw it. Maybe things were different here. He was happy that at least Crimsonflame was happier now and had found a home in Skyclan regardless. Privately, Rainkit hoped that his own situation would stay stable.

Rainkit's eyes widened as he focused on Crimsonflame's description of his apprentices. He shook his head in response to the question about Nightbird. "I haven't met him yet, but I hope I do soon. I hope I get to meet all three of them soon. I bet they're great, since you trained them, Mr. Crimsonflame. I didn't know you had kits. Is Asterpaw your only son, or do you have others?"

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100EP
#de0404

Wrensong
RC Tier 1 Warrior
30HP/70EP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100EP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/130EP
#446fb3

Silentkit
SKC Kit
10HP/20EP

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c]   Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c] EmptySun 9 Oct 2022 - 13:34

SkyClan Warrior

CRIMSONFLAME
Rainkit asked if he had other kits, and Crimsonflame shook his head. "I did have one other. Bristlingkit. But he is lost to us now. Asterpaw is my only living kit. But, hey, I can't be doing that bad as a father if I still have him, right?"

The tom chuckled, before quickly changing the subject. "So, are you looking forward to becoming an apprentice? Getting to train just like everyone else? It'll be a lot of fun. I betcha you'll like it a lot. Any cats you want as a mentor?"

Click Icons for Profiles
Art by Copper

Last edited by Karuna on Fri 14 Oct 2022 - 14:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c]   Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c] EmptyThu 13 Oct 2022 - 18:40

Rainkit

Rainkit frowned when Crimsonflame spoke about Bristlingkit. He wanted to say something, he could tell that Crimsonflame felt sad at the mention of the kit, but he wasn't sure what to say. He knew what loss felt like, but he didn't know how to help someone else with it. He barely even knew how to deal with it himself. But Crimsonflame changed the subject quickly, and so Rainkit let the subject lie. 

"Oh," Rainkit blinked at the question. "Yeah, I think I am." He smiled a little bit. "Crookedkit says we're gonna be cool apprentices together, so that's very exciting. I'm sure it will be fun." He flicked his ear. "I hope I'm gonna be a good apprentice. I'll try my best." Rainkit's ear twitched. Lingering doubts about weather he could be a good enough warrior, having come to the clan how he did, plagued his mind. Nobody said it, but he could tell how the other cats spoke about Kittypets in particular, even Birdchaser. But Crimsonflame had done it, so that meant it was possible, and Rainkit was not going to let anything or anyone stop him from being the best he could be for this clan. His clan now.

Shaking himself out of those thoughts, Rainkit focused on Crimsonflame's other question. "Mentor?" He repeated dumbly, blinking. "I haven't thought about it yet." The first cat that popped into his mind was, of course, Birdchaser, but he chased the thought away. He wasn't anywhere near special enough to be the deputy's apprentice, even if he liked her a lot. "I think just someone that I know. Like you, which I know you already have two apprentices already, or someone else I know."

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100EP
#de0404

Wrensong
RC Tier 1 Warrior
30HP/70EP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100EP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/130EP
#446fb3

Silentkit
SKC Kit
10HP/20EP

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c]   Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c] EmptySat 15 Oct 2022 - 18:36

SkyClan Warrior

CRIMSONFLAME
"Well, I bet you'll make an amazing apprentice. And if it's any help, Birdchaser is the one who will decide your mentor. So I can already tell you that you'll get a good mentor. Birdchaser is good like that. If there is a warrior you get along with very well, chances are that will be your mentor. She is really good at taking those things into account."

Click Icons for Profiles
Art by Copper
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c]   Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c] EmptyWed 19 Oct 2022 - 16:50

Rainkit

Rainkit nodded seriously, feeling warm at the compliment about becoming an amazing apprentice. Silently, he made a vow that he would not let Crimsonflame down. "I'm sure you're right." He said. 

Despite himself and his eagerness to talk to Crimsonflame, Rainkit found himself rapidly growing tired. He hadn't been out of the medicine den very long after all, and he still had a sense of lingering lethargy. Fighting a yawn, Rainkit settled down with his paws tucked under his chest, curling his tail around his side. "Would it be too much trouble if you told me a story, Mr. Crimsonflame?" Rainkit asked softly. "About being a warrior?"

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100EP
#de0404

Wrensong
RC Tier 1 Warrior
30HP/70EP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100EP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/130EP
#446fb3

Silentkit
SKC Kit
10HP/20EP

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c]   Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c] EmptyWed 19 Oct 2022 - 17:22

SkyClan Warrior

CRIMSONFLAME
A story? Crimsonflame had to think for a moment. What in his life would be worth telling? He didn't exactly have the best past.

Maybe something that actually had a happy ending.

"Well, did you know that you're allowed to have friends in other Clans? I am actually really good friends with the deputy of RiverClan, Poppyshine. She saved my life once. I was still Aether, just staying with SkyClan before I was truly a member. One day I was just walking, not really paying attention. And just my luck, I walked right into the river. I would have drowned if she hadn't saved me. I was just barely clinging to a rock when she fished me out, and we've been friends ever since. With our respective duties, we don't really talk as much anymore, but I never forget what she did for me.

Before Briarstar was leader, we actually had a pretty corrupt leader. His name was Bloodstar, he was one of those cats that really didn't like me. Well one of his cats killed RiverClan's medicine cat. And because it was his daughter, he was willing to go to war instead of exiling her. And a lot more lives would have been lost if there was a war. At least in exiling this cat, no blood would have to be shed. And I stood up against him for this. Briarstar did too, actually. He went crazy after that, basically exiling.... everyone, myself included. I had to live in twolegplace. But he eventually stepped down, and Briarstar became leader. Neither the old leader or the murderer is in the Clan anymore, and as you can see, Briarstar gave me my place back in the Clan. One of the warriors here, who I am very close with, Frostbite, used to visit me during my exile. She would make sure I stayed fed, and we would sit and talk while sharing prey until she had to go back to the Clan. She didn't agree with what happened either, but she was only an apprentice back then. Admittedly, I was pretty young too, just barely a warrior, but I also had a tendency to speak out if things didn't seem right. And wasting lives for one cat when that cat did something bad, that wasn't right."

His gaze wandered to the medicine den for a moment. "Frostbite is sick right now, but I think you should meet her when she gets better. I think you would like her just as much as I do."

Click Icons for Profiles
Art by Copper
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c]   Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c] EmptyMon 31 Oct 2022 - 12:34

Rainkit

Rainkit settled comfortably with his eyes focused completely on Crimsonflame, listening closely. He was polite and didn't interrupt, but he had big reactions to the things Crimsonflame was telling him. His eyes went wide as Crimsonflame described falling into the river, shuddering at the thought of that. He was glad that the Riverclan deputy had rescued him. Maybe when Rainkit was old enough to attend gatherings and the like, he could met Poppyshine too, or make other friends. It was a marvel thought.

His yellow and blue eyes only grew larger as Crimsonflame talked about Bloodstar. He sounded scary. The whole experience sounded scary. How could someone kill a medicine cat? Didn't the clans need those? It was because of the medicine cats that Rainkit was feeling better at all. Then again, Rainkit couldn't imagine wanting to kill another cat period. He was glad at least that both this murderer and Bloodstar were no longer in the clan, and instead Crimsonflame was able to come back and Briarstar was in charge now. He hadn't really gotten to spend much time with Briarstar, but he knew that if Crimsonflame was still exiled, he likely wouldn't have met him. Which made Rainkit a little sad to think about.

Rainkit smiled a little as Crimsonflame talked about Frostbite. He followed Crimsonflame's gaze to the medicine den and said,"I'd like to meet her." He rested his chin on his paws. "I hope she feels better soon so I can."

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100EP
#de0404

Wrensong
RC Tier 1 Warrior
30HP/70EP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100EP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/130EP
#446fb3

Silentkit
SKC Kit
10HP/20EP

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c]   Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c] EmptyMon 31 Oct 2022 - 15:43

SkyClan Warrior

CRIMSONFLAME
"Yeah. I hope so too."

The tom's gaze remained on the entrance of the medicine den, picturing Frostbite inside. Curled up in her nest, probably suffering with her fever. He wanted to have faith in the medicine cats. He wanted to believe that, at any moment now, she would come marching out of that den. She would probably tease him for how much he was worrying. How he seemed to be growing soft. But honestly? He wouldn't mind if she berated him to the ends of the Earth. At least she would be okay.

Shaking out his fur, Crimsonflame stood up. He couldn't linger on what-ifs right now. Frostbite would be just fine. She was strong. He just needed to keep busy until she was able to return to her duties.

"Well, Rainkit, I should probably head out. Asterpaw still needs some training done. It was nice talking to you, though!"

Click Icons for Profiles
Art by Copper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c]   Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

Everything is Okay and You're Doing Fine [c]
Page 1 of 1