Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

I'll be fine tomorrow [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1039

I'll be fine tomorrow [c] Empty
PostSubject: I'll be fine tomorrow [c]   I'll be fine tomorrow [c] EmptyWed 30 Nov 2022 - 20:48

HoneylightFourtrees

Honeylight has been in a daze. He does as he’s told, he hunts, he does what he can to care for his clanmates, but when he’s on his own, he sinks into his swirling thoughts. Despite his normally clingy and affectionate nature, he’s been spending an unusual amount of time by himself. Which is what leads him to being where he is now, sitting in an out of the way corner of fourtrees, staring up at the sky as he had been so often recently.

Part of the reason (beyond the general intense anxiety and dread he was experiencing) that Honeylight was having trouble spending time with his clanmates is that he could not stop thinking about Starclan, and his bitterness and anger towards them. He didn’t even know if it was reasonable anymore, didn’t even know if he was justified. He had always felt a level of complex feelings and anger towards them, often discussing such things with Leopardsun, who was the only cat who knew of his feelings on the matter of their ancestors and understood them in kind, but it was always something he could talk out and put down.

Now it won’t leave him alone. He’d never felt so irritable before. He was trying not to be, really he was, he hated being anything other than his normal cheerful self to his clanmates and the other cats sheltering in fourtrees, but… He just got home. They just got to go home. They were finally okay, things were finally looking up. Why is it every single time Shadowclan found any semblance of peace, it was ripped away from them? Scratch that, not just Shadowclan, but seemingly the entire forest faced the same problems.

Is this all life would be? Just surviving one disaster after another? He thought back to his last conversation with Leopardsun on the subject, and he dug his claws briefly into the ground with frustration. And then he untensed, and sank down.

Stars, he was just so tired.

He didn't know how to handle feeling this way. He felt like he was back stuck in the Skyclan camp. He should be able to handle this better by now. He should be able to deal with it. After all, he still had his family. The cats closest to him were still alive and well. They lived to fight another day. Honeylight should be grateful for that, grateful that he didn't have to spend moons worrying as much as he had the last time they were driven from their home. He should be doing a lot of things. He shouldn't be feeling like this. But he couldn't stop it, so he just... laid down, resting his chin on top of his paws. The thought of a nap was half-tempting, but his mind was still full of too many anxious and agitated thoughts to really consider closing his eyes. So he just watched the skyline, blinking slowly.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6065

PostSubject: Re: I'll be fine tomorrow [c]   I'll be fine tomorrow [c] EmptyWed 30 Nov 2022 - 21:04

It was with some lingering resentment that Leopardsun had to admit taking more frequent breaks and getting more regular sleep had made her feel better. She felt like she was operating more efficiently, able to get more done at a time if not in a day- and most importantly, those breaks gave her more time to spend with the cats she cared about. This situation couldn't last forever, something or other would get in the way, but she was going to enjoy it while it lasted.

Currently she sought out Honeylight, one of her oldest and closest friends. It didn't take her long to track him down once she'd decided who she wanted to see, but it was a bit surprising that he was off on his own- Honeylight was the social type, as far as she knew, or else he'd been keeping more secrets than the bitterness they shared toward their ancestors. He was watching the sky, giving no indication as to whether or not he recognized her presence.

The sight was familiar, but not in the sense that she'd seen it before. This was entirely wrong, the situation should have been reversed; or she supposed that it had been, and she would have preferred it the way it was in the first place.

She spoke softly, in case he hadn't heard her approach. "...Honeylight?"

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: I'll be fine tomorrow [c]   I'll be fine tomorrow [c] EmptyThu 1 Dec 2022 - 0:36

HoneylightFourtrees

Honeylight blinked in surprise, turning his head towards the sound of a familiar voice and his name. He straightened up, shaking out his fur in an attempt to clear his head. “Leopardsun!” He greeted, offering a smile that didn’t quite reach his eyes, though his joy at seeing his friend was, as always, quite genuine.

“Sorry, I didn’t see you approach. How are you doing? Did you need me for something?” Honeylight asked, quickly giving himself a few licks to smooth down his unruly fur, in case Leopardsun was coming to collect him for patrols or hunting or anything else. Leopardsun was one of his best and closest friends, but she was also his deputy, and he didn’t want to seem like he wasn’t ready to give whatever he could to his clan.

On what was pure instinct at this point he looked his friend over, pleased to see that despite the stress that must be on her shoulders right now, she at least seemed at a glance to be well-rested and healthy. It was reassuring to see. He remembered all too well how she had driven herself to the ground in the Skyclan camp. He thought with a touch of rueful irony that it was in fact he who was struggling in the self-care department this time, as both sleeping and eating had become increasingly difficult for him.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: I'll be fine tomorrow [c]   I'll be fine tomorrow [c] EmptyThu 1 Dec 2022 - 12:27

The irony of Honeylight, clearly struggling, still eyeing her to see if she was taking care of herself was not lost on her. Leopardsun shook her head slowly as he tried to make himself presentable in a rush. "No, I didn't come to get you for anything today. I'm doing just fine, considering the circumstances- I wanted to spend some time with a friend, that's all."

She took a good long look at him as she spoke, wondering if that was how she had looked. For all the complaining she did, if it had been like this... She supposed she could start to understand Honeylight's thought process.

"What about you, though? How are you doing?"

This was- strange, to her. It wasn't that she wasn't used to being gentle, she spent a great deal of time assisting with the nursery, but her relationship with Honeylight usually went in the opposite direction. When she wasn't being dragged into taking a nap or some such thing, they were usually talking about their shared experiences; those weren't usually something she would categorize as soft feelings.

The situation was familiar, but the motions were strange. Like looking at herself from the outside, and she didn't think she liked what she was seeing.

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: I'll be fine tomorrow [c]   I'll be fine tomorrow [c] EmptyTue 6 Dec 2022 - 14:29

HoneylightFourtrees

Honeylight’s shoulders relaxed when Leopardsun confirmed there was nothing he needed to be rushing to take care of. He smiled a little and scooched over on his spot, gesturing with his tail for Leopardsun to sit beside him. Isolationist as he’d been feeling lately, he was never one to turn down company. Besides, even before the world went to chaos again, Leopardsun’s deputy duties kept her busy often, and any chance he got to just spend time with his friend was one he treasured.

“I’m alright,” Honeylight promised, and he hoped that the words sounded less shallow than they felt. “We’re safe, for the most part. That’s the important bit.” He took a deep breath, tucking his paws tighter against his chest and trying to manage one of his usual, cheerful smiles. “I’m starting to think Shadowclan’s camp is just in a bad place. I’m getting real sick of waking up to water in my nest.” The joke felt flat, and so did Honeylight’s attempt at a laugh.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: I'll be fine tomorrow [c]   I'll be fine tomorrow [c] EmptyThu 8 Dec 2022 - 23:51

"I'll tell Nightstar, whenever we head home," she said drily. There was a part of her that wanted to laugh at Honeylight's half-hearted joke, but- she couldn't bring herself to, with him like this. "We're safe," she agreed. "For now. But safe isn't good enough, is it? We deserve to be happy, and comfortable, at at peace. When was the last time you ate?"

Then, eyes narrowing slightly: "When was the last time you slept? Properly. Not a nap."

This felt... Strange. It had felt strange the entire time, actually, but actively pushing someone else to look after themselves was beyond her.

"And don't try and turn it back on me," she added, not sure that he would but wanting to cover all potential escape routes. "For once, I've been following your advice- sleeping more, stopping to eat. Resting."

She made a face, the thought of leaving work undone still bothering her- but she was taking care of herself, if only because she couldn't show any form of weakness in front of the other Clans.

"...Actually," she admitted, "it's been kind of nice, getting to spend more time with everyone. I've been trying to enjoy it."

The deputy curled her tail around her paws, serious expression returning.

"But I can't do that if I'm worried about my friend."

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: I'll be fine tomorrow [c]   I'll be fine tomorrow [c] EmptyFri 9 Dec 2022 - 16:19

HoneylightFourtrees

Honeylight opened his mouth to agree with Leopardsun, to lament their current situation in the way that the two often vented their feelings to one another. Leopardsun’s next words caught him completely off-guard however, and he did a double take, turning his head to look at Leopardsun. When was the last time he ate..? Slept?  

This was not how their interactions usually went. Normally it was him asking Leopardsun these questions. Did he really look that bad? Oh stars, he must’ve. He almost opened his mouth again to turn the questions around, scrambling for their usual routine, only for Leopardsun to beat him to the punch.

He sputtered for a moment, blinking a couple times. He felt a spark of pride that Leopardsun had been caring for herself in the midst of all of this, unlearning the bad habits that so often drove her right into the ground, but. He hadn’t even really realized how he had begun to ignore his own advice.

“I-” He started, then let out a sigh. “I don’t know.” He finally admitted, looking down at his paws. “I don’t know what’s going on with me.” He mumbled, ears laying flat in shame. “I know that, all things considered, this is probably one of the least horrible things that have happened to our clan. I mean, we’re all together, for the most part. That didn’t happen last time. No one is attacking or harassing us, that didn’t happen with the Dark Forest. Iceheart and Forestbreeze are safe, you and Swiftheart are safe, the cats that I love the most are still okay, so why do I feel like this?”

Honeylight let out a heavy sigh and sank down to rest his chin on his paws. The words came easily enough, it was always easy to be upfront with Leopardsun. She was one of the cats he was most comfortable and open with, and, unlike with most cats, he didn’t mind when she saw him having more difficult or negative emotions.

“I’m just so tired, Leopard.” He said in a small voice. “I keep just staring up at the sky. Wondering what we did wrong for Starclan to treat us like this. To treat the whole forest like this!” He huffed. “It’s not fair. And I know that fairness has nothing to do with it but it’s not fair.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP