Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting)

Go down 
+10
Maagistar
Kitty
speedy
Karuna
Mamenchisaurus
kjSage
Byrin
Romantica
Holly
Grey
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

Characters : Nightstalker - Rom wuz here <3
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan Warrior
Number of posts : 1155

Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting) Empty
PostSubject: Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting)   Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting) EmptyThu 22 Sep 2022 - 19:20

Nightstar knew that he'd have to make changes, and at first, he wasn't sure what. All that he was aware of was that things needed to change if Shadowclan was to survive and grow in strength, he needed to obliterate one of their weaknesses, and he didn't think a lot of his clan would be too happy with the decisions that he would end up making. But that was okay, he'd make the calls he needed to keep Shadowclan safe, even if they didn't like it. To protect them from rogues, was his priority, and that would undoubtedly cause some unrest, but he was smart enough to show good faith, and he would announce that he would be putting together a council of senior warriors to give advice on major decisions. That would placate them, he was sure, and he knew that he would need them himself.

Taking in a deep breath, and letting out slowly, Nightstar got to his paws and left his den, leaping up onto the Jaggedrock. The young leader looked down at his clan, there were few out of their dens, but that was fine as it was a bit early, but he needed his whole clan to be present for his meeting. "All cats old enough to silently stalk in the shadows, gather in the shadow of Jaggedrock for a clan meeting." He yowled, sitting prim and proper as he waited for his clan to gather from their dens.

Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting) Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
Nightstalker Tier 5 Warrior of Shadowclan
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6022

PostSubject: Re: Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting)   Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting) EmptyThu 22 Sep 2022 - 19:24

Leopardsun was quick to approach the Jaggedrock as Nightstar called a meeting, pausing in her current task of reinforcing the nursery's freshly-built walls- in part because she felt it was one of her responsibilities to remain up-to-date with everything she could reasonably be expected to, but in part because she was simply curious about what had been keeping him so busy as of late.
Thalia joined the rest of ShadowClan, curious as to what this meeting might be about. To the best of her knowledge there weren't any apprentices ready to be named just yet- a warrior ceremony, perhaps? Or maybe it was something else. She still wasn't sure she'd ever entirely get used to it.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1245

PostSubject: Re: Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting)   Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting) EmptyFri 23 Sep 2022 - 0:38

Sablepaw had been on his way out of camp when his mentor’s call rang out. Never one to miss a clan meeting, Sablepaw padded over to the growing crowd of cats before sitting down.

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting) Output12                   Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting) Output10                          Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting) Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Byrin

Byrin

Characters : Basskit / Fuzzybelly
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan T3 Medicine Cat / ShadowClan Kit / T1 Loner / WindClan Elder
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 499

PostSubject: Re: Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting)   Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting) EmptyFri 23 Sep 2022 - 2:02

Fuzzybelly made his way to the clearing, lingering by the medicine cat den. He was proud of ShadowClan; they had done a pretty good job rebuilding. Perhaps this meeting was about that?
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5644

PostSubject: Re: Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting)   Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting) EmptyFri 23 Sep 2022 - 6:06

Ears pricking at the sound of Nightstar's voice, Harechaser joined the gathering crowd of her clanmates beneath the jaggedrock. She wondered what this was about, it didn't feel like it was going to be a ceremony, and Nightstalker had already named a deputy. The state of Shadowclan's camp had improved significantly since they'd returned, albeit through long nights spend working hard. She was glad to see it, however, and with the camp looking better and Nightstar standing atop the jaggedrock, Harechaser could only believe that Shadowclan had bounced back from their hardships stronger than ever.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Ambersun (Am) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 2372

PostSubject: Re: Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting)   Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting) EmptyFri 23 Sep 2022 - 9:13

Rookfire stepped out of the warrior den, gazing at Nightstar. Perhaps this was a warrior ceremony for one of ShadowClan's apprentices, or to celebrate for their rebuilding efforts. Either way, the black tuxedo thought that it was something good. Sitting down near Nightstar, the warrior gave him a smirk, waiting for the leader to announce.

pfp by the amazing xaandiir!

Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting) Image10
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2194

PostSubject: Re: Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting)   Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting) EmptyFri 23 Sep 2022 - 9:55

Roseburn was less than pleased as Nightstalker called a meeting. And no, she would not address him by his leader name. He was no leader as far as she was concerned. Instead, she sat towards the back of the crowd, separate from the rest of her Clan. She fixed the tom on the jaggedrock with her usual cold glare, a look that she seemed to wear quite often these days as she grew distant from the other members of her Clan. Not that she cared. Every cat was always out to get her when she didn't even do anything! Everything is always her fault because she doesn't keep quiet, even if what she says is right! And it always is too! And that just isn't fair!

Of course, it wasn't like any cat cared. No, all eyes were on her all-important big brother, the one who is perfect in every single way! His troublesome little sister didn't matter at all! And she hated him all the more for it.

Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting) SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2840

PostSubject: Re: Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting)   Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting) EmptyFri 23 Sep 2022 - 10:41

Swiftheart hurried over as soon as she could from the nursery to the clan meeting once Cinderkit and Batkit were taken care of.

She sat down and smiled up at her brother who she looked up to alot. She wondered quietly to herself what this was all about... there were no apprentices ready for warrior it felt like and not really any kits ready either for apprenticeship. hmm perhaps this was about the gathering coming up??? Thought that was still a bit off.. hmm just had to wait and see.

She gave him an encouraging nod as she looked around for her mate Duskflight to go sit with.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

PostSubject: Re: Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting)   Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting) EmptyFri 23 Sep 2022 - 10:42

Mothpaw rose from her slumber as she heard the voice call out across camp. It was the phrase that had caught her attention much more than his voice, as the last ceremony she had been privy to attending had been called by Leopardsun. Training her mind to follow a phrase rather than a voice when it could be either would certainly be easier, and perhaps over time, she too would be able to go purely off their voices. The young apprentice recognized both Leopardsun and Nightstar in their positions of power, but it was committing them to memory that she had still found herself at a cross-roads. How often did leadership change? Would she know Nightstar her entire life? These were the questions that she found herself contemplating for such a silly, menial thing.

An inquisitive gaze scanned the camp as she found herself gathering amongst the other cats. She had met some of them in passing, knowing all of them to be her clanmates, though socializing wasn't seeming to be on any of their lists. Good. She preferred it that way. It was much easier to observe when there wasn't anybody talking to you. So, as a good apprentice would, she took her place. A tail curled tightly around her body, and a paw even rested on her tail-tip. Stay still, observe.

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Characters : ➀Forestbreeze ➁Brookstone ➂Briarrose
Clan/Rank : ➀Shadowclan T5 ➁Riverclan T5 ➂Thunderclan T4
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 497

PostSubject: Re: Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting)   Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting) EmptyFri 23 Sep 2022 - 11:32

🌲【Forestbreeze】🌲

Forestbreeze paused his work at the sound of the leader's call. A meeting? The warrior tilted his head as he wondered about the subject of said meeting but hurried over nonetheless. He could see many of his clanmates already sitting so he quickly chose a spot near the middle edge. He glanced up at Nightstar and then at his clanmates. Well, they'll see what this would be about soon.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
⓵ Forestbreeze of Shadowclan
⓶ Brookstone of Riverclan
⓷ Briarrose of Thunderclan
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Blazefang (TC), Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : Blazefang: ThunderClan elder. Lighttail: SkyClan T1 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2400

PostSubject: Re: Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting)   Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting) EmptyFri 23 Sep 2022 - 11:49

Snowfoot stretched, yawned, and crawled out of her nest. The middle-aged warrior was tired a lot more these days, but she still made an effort to be there for her clan. Padding over to join the meeting, Snowfoot shook the sleep out of her head. What was this meeting about anyway? Perhaps a warrior ceremony? Honey paw and Lightpaw were both ready, if not overdue. The black-and-white she-cat sat down and hastily smoothed out her fur.

Lightpaw, on the other paw, was wide awake. She quickly scampered over to join the group and took a seat next to Mothpaw. She didn’t know the new apprentice very well, but she figured she might as well sit with a classmate.
Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

Characters : Nightstalker - Rom wuz here <3
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan Warrior
Number of posts : 1155

PostSubject: Re: Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting)   Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting) EmptySat 24 Sep 2022 - 20:10

"Cats of Shadowclan! Thank you all for coming. Since I have taken my title as 'star, I have been thinking that as a warrior of only seven seasons and a leader even less, I lack experience. Should I carry on as a sole decision maker, aside from my deputy, elders, and medicine cat, there may be solutions unaware to me. As such, I believe it and invaluable to me, and you all, that I build a council of senior warriors to consult on decisions that will affect Shadowclan as a whole. With this in mind, if the cats I call forth to be my council wish to be a part of it, please sit with my deputy. Snowfoot! Duskflight! Swiftheart! And Iceheart!" Nightstar yowled, allowing for the named cats to decide on what they would like for themselves, and if they would accept his invitation.

Once that was sorted, he moved on to his next announcement. "Furthermore, and I am aware that not all of you will be pleased with this change, and I hope that you will all trust that I do not make these types of decisions lightly. Outsiders will no longer be welcome into Shadowclan. This includes other clan-cats, rogues, loners, kittypets, and any other cat from outside of Shadowclan. Previous clan-mates are welcome, as long as they have not sworn their loyalties elsewhere. Kits are also welcome, as we will not turn any in need away, but we will always make an effort to reunite them with their homes. These policies will be instated immediately." Once more, he stopped talking for a moment, to allow the news to sink in before he continued.

"Too long has Shadowclan been victim and prey to rogues and outsiders as of late. The forgotten order, almost making it to our camp, wearing the pelts of our kin on their shoulders. Threats on their tongues to kill queens, kits, and elders mercilessly. Intimately, do I know of the wounds inflicted on our skins, family, that I cannot stand for it anymore. But it's not just those who live without our code, but those who have fled from their clans, or wish to join us under the guise of honesty when they only wish to spy on us and beguile us. We know not their history, we know not that they will stay loyal to us if they would be truly honest. We cannot take risks like that." Nightstar meowed passionately, his eyes softening just slightly as he desperately tried to convey to his clan-mates that this was the best decision they could make.

"I know that there are those with us that are previously outsiders. You are part of the rare and few, but I cannot express how immensely grateful I am that in your entire tenure in Shadowclan that you have done so as my clan-mate, and honestly, and I know without a doubt that you live with us as clan-mates, and not outsiders. Not anymore."

"There is, just one more announcement I would like to make. I would like to introduce a rite of passage for our young warriors, who wish to prove their might as young adults within Shadowclan. This is not mandatory, and you may take your rite of passage test at any time." Nightstar continued on, hardly giving his clanmates any more chances to interject on his announcements. Two positives, one before and one after, would hopefully wash the negative feelings away, and would surely fill their heads with so much information that they wouldn't have too much grounds to fight him on the new policy. But knowing his luck...

"This rite of passage is a monumental task. You must pick your prey of choice, a task, and a battle you think you can take on yourself with your own might to carry you to victory. But you are not out hunting rabbits, you are out hunting predators. You pick your predator, based on what their pelt may represent you, or what you strive to be, it is entirely your choice. A badger, big and strong, a raccoon, sly and fierce. When you select what you think fits you best, and if you can handle it, it is your battle and yours alone. There will be cats to supervise to step in if the fight is too tough for you to handle, but your attempt will be void. Should your hunt be successful, you may wear its pelt as your own, or however you see fit of its pelt for your use."

"As a demonstration, I will undergo my own rite of passage within a few sunsets. I have already selected my prey of choice. A badger. What I have to announce is over, we can now open this meeting to a discussion of everything announced. " Nightstar meowed, holding himself strong as he finished speaking. Hoping, praying that this would go over well with the clan.

Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting) Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
Nightstalker Tier 5 Warrior of Shadowclan
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2840

PostSubject: Re: Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting)   Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting) EmptySat 24 Sep 2022 - 20:30

Swiftheart eagerly awaited her brothers announcement. She liked his idea of a council, that could bring fresh ideas and such to the clan leadership, and having multiple points of view was never a bad idea. She was a little surprised that he wanted her on the council since she usually didnt take leadership roles well but this was more about advising so she smiled liking the idea. She smiled up at him and nodded thankfully. She accepted right away, if it meant getting to help and support her brother and leader, she was all in. She moved quickly to sit with Leopard showing her acceptance into this new role.

Next up was a policy she was not as surprised about, it was no secret that her brother held no love for loners. And, as caring and loving as she was and as much as she loved meeting new characters... she had to agree with him, the forgotten order had forever left a bitter taste in her mouth for loners, they had killed her mother right in front of her and had killed a queen and warrior and wore their pelts for fun and then proceeded to beat shadowclan in a terrible battle that still haunted her to this day. She for one was okay with being more cautious around loners out and about. She was however very happy that Nightstar would still allow kits in, she loved adopting kits and kits were just too cute to not allow! He was smart and mentioned that cats formerly loners had no reason to be worried about this, Thalia was an amazing cat and she loved hanging out with her and learning about flower crowns or other pelting techniques, her past did not define who she was anymore... but Swiftheart had seen first hand how evil loners COULD be and it did feel right for now to at least minimize risk... it was unknown how many forgotten order members may still be out there wanting revenge.

The right of passage sounded interesting to her... She hoped the young warriors wouldnt be in over their heads but it sounded like measures were in place for that. She knew immediately what hers would be... A fox, ever since Night, her and Ratrunner had been beat up and nearly killed by foxes she had a fear of them... She had to face that fear and prove to herself that she had grown as a fighter and as a warrior. She would get her pelt soon and put the fear that controlled her for so long behind her with it.

She grew a little uneasy hearing that her brother wanted to take on a badger... that did sound like him never scared to take on a big challenge... but still, she worried for him, well if anyone could take a badger on it would be him and she knew he could do it!

It was opened for general discussion but she didnt really disagree with any of his points or have questions about much so for now she gave him a reassuring nod and stayed quiet so the rest of her clanmates could voice concerns if they had any

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Blazefang (TC), Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : Blazefang: ThunderClan elder. Lighttail: SkyClan T1 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2400

PostSubject: Re: Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting)   Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting) EmptySat 24 Sep 2022 - 21:10

Snowfoot nodded wordlessly at the first announcement and stepped up to join the council. She finally realized then that her clan and leader didn’t hate her for her couple past public outbursts. Relief showed on her face and in her posture, as well as a bit of nervousness. Was she the right choice?
The second announcement had her on edge and for a second she tensed as if she would step back down, only for her fears to be eased. She was still welcome. Nightstar hadn’t forgotten her background, he simply knew she was loyal to ShadowClan. And kits would still be accepted too. Snowfoot was glad to hear that. After all, banning kit adoptions would be retroactively disproving of her own presence in a way.
The third and final announcement surprised Snowfoot, but she knew immediately that she wanted to do it. It might not be tomorrow, but Snowfoot wanted to prove she was still a fit warrior and not an old decrepit bag of bones.
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6022

PostSubject: Re: Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting)   Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting) EmptySat 24 Sep 2022 - 21:38

Thalia listened to Nightstar's proclamations with curiosity, hesitation, and pride- in roughly that order. Forming a council for decision-making seemed like a wise choice for someone who claimed to feel inexperienced, and she felt a swell of pride as her own former apprentice was offered a place among them. She wondered if Iceheart would accept, and wondered if there would be any reason to refuse.

The second announcement, however, caught her entirely off-guard. It wasn't that it was unexpected, but... The passion in his voice as Nightstar denounced all outside cats as being ill-intentioned or suspicious struck a chord in her memories that she didn't quite like, and his statement that those currently among them were not counted did little to ease the bitter taste on her tongue. She had been called worse, to be sure, but the sentiment was similar enough and in some ways the same. She wouldn't speak out against it- she lived as peacefully as a warrior could, eager to avoid trouble after a youth so filled with strife- but it still didn't sit right with her.

She would manage. There was no rule that a cat had to like what their superiors said, only that they had to abide by it.

And the last announcement was one that would have been unexpected, if she hadn't specifically known this one was coming. As one of very few Clan cats who still had knowledge of the old Asylum practice, and the only pelt-wearing cat in ShadowClan, Nightstar had approached her in advance. Even now, with her conflicted feelings, she was happy to lend her aid to the clan that had saved her and sheltered her wherever she could.

It was strange to think that something that had once marked her as an oddity and an outsider was something she was now asked to share with those around her, but not in a bad way.
Leopardsun listened attentively as Nightstar spoke. She nodded politely as Snowfoot and Swiftheart joined her- founding members of this new council, and both cats she held in high regard- before continuing to pay close attention to her leader's words.

As he spoke of outsiders, she wanted to argue- if those who were currently cats of ShadowClan were permitted to stay, regardless of how they had come to be that way, then why should any future cases be turned away without a second thought? It wasn't just a sense of moral superiority that fueled her thoughts, though- if they became that much more insulated from the rest of the forest, they risked isolation. Especially now, having lost a number of their own even after the rest of ShadowClan had reunited and returned home.

But she held her tongue as he clarified that kits would still be permitted (she certainly would have had something to say if he was going to turn them away), recalling that she had none of the context he spoke of. She was born under the rule of the Dark Forest, when the Forgotten Order had come and gone. Their horrors were entirely foreign to her outside of stories told to scare kits. Surely he had his reasons for his decision, whether or not she liked it.

The last announcement surprised her, but she was quick to start thinking of her own choice. Given that she had taken it upon herself to scout for potential predators throughout the territory and dispose of any threats, it was something that sounded almost as if it were designed for her.

It was easy enough to decide what she would want to chase, given that she couldn't very well wear a bird. Certainly not without looking incredibly silly. Her second pick would have to be a fox- crafty, but powerful.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting)   Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting) Empty

Back to top Go down

Policies and councils (Shadowclan Meeting)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next