Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony]

Go down 
+3
Arcana
Lapis
Kitty
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony] Empty
PostSubject: Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony]   Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony] EmptyFri 9 Sep 2022 - 16:05

This topic takes place after the gathering!

Her head and heart both felt heavy within the leader's den. The news that her mate would no longer be able to carry out his duties sat squarely on the molly's shoulders to both carry on tradition, but also, to do so, so much more. It felt like just yesterday that everything was alright. But tragedy after tragedy seemed to strike down on the forest, particularly at the most plentiful time of the year. While they had welcomed a new litter of kits, Shadowclan found themselves at their borders, battered from weather that had forced them out of their own home. On top of it, her beloved Minnowstar had fallen ill. The gathering had been solemn in its own ways, the reunification of their guests dampened in spirit by news of Froststar's passing. For just a moment, the molly thought to the now-former deputy that had taken residence inside of their camp not that long before. Perhaps their minds were full of the same thoughts.

It all was much too soon.

She had been full of so much hope that he would make his recovery. Coming home to find the news that he had lost all of his lives, once more being named Minnowfin, was a strike to the heart she was not prepared for. In some ways, she knew she should be thankful. Thankful in the regards that he was still alive, even if unavailable to do his duties. She hadn't fully lost him to the stars just yet, but it still hurt her greatly. The den that they had shared ever since he became leader now felt empty, hollow, as it would still be hers to rest in. It agitated her to even spend time inside of it, and so she spend most of her time outside of it. Away from what pained her, away from what she knew had to be done.

But she could ignore it no longer.

A heavy breath released from the small tortoiseshell as she stared at the Great Rock. She knew the traditions, and it was something that she couldn't pretend wasn't happening any longer. Thunderclan would pass the burden of leadership onto her, and it would need a new deputy in turn. Her mind had considered all of the options that she had, and there were a good few that stood out to her as potential candidates. But what the clan needed was a symbol of hope, of resilience, and that had allowed her to make up her mind. Looking up at the evening sky for just a moment, the molly sent a small prayer before leaping up onto the Highrock. She would need to break the news to her Clan as well that Minnowfin would no longer be able to lead. There was no doubt that he had fallen ill as she had taken on more and more of his responsibilities, but no official word yet had been passed that he had been forced to step down. It would now be time to break what would be the second heaviest news of her life, but also, one of the most jubilant.

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the Highrock for a clan meeting!"

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetkit, Maggot
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1412

PostSubject: Re: Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony]   Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony] EmptyFri 9 Sep 2022 - 16:38

Comfreyheart
Highrock

She had seen this coming.
Minnowstar was still sick, and even if the tom hadn’t lost all his lives yet, it was safe to say he’d need quite a bit of time to recover. And with Mottle carrying so much on her shoulders, Comfreyheart figured she would try for a deputy, whether official or not.

She sat at the heel of the Highrock, trying not to run up and hug her mother. After this meeting, I’ll bring her somewhere nice to relax. She really deserves it. The molly also decided to go hunting early the next morning, so Mottlerose wouldn’t have to worry about it too much. Maybe I could get some help from whoever ends up deputy, ask them if they could lend me a few warriors.

She looked around, wondering who it would be. No matter who, she was determined to help them however she could, never be too tired for another patrol. Glancing up at Mottlerose again, she smiled softly. Don't worry. Deputy or not, I will always be by your side Mottle.

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1477

PostSubject: Re: Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony]   Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony] EmptyFri 9 Sep 2022 - 17:11

Fawnshine

The atmosphere was heavier with Minnowstar's passing. The news brought cats of ThunderClan to grief, and Fawnshine quietly shared it with them, her eyes still and emotionless. Though, a part of her felt her heart sink as Mottlerose would now have to face the heavy duties of a leader, one that led Minnowstar — Minnowfin, exhaust from stress and other factors. She was willing to share a helping paw with their upcoming leader, an understanding of the duty she was facing.

She sat next to Comfreyheart, sharing comfort with her sister and Mottlerose as she gazed at the Highrock. Whoever she would appoint as her new deputy, Fawnshine trusted that the molly would be wise with her decisions. The leader after her. All the higher ranks had their major responsibilities, and being entrusted to follow and lead the clan would be the future deputy. She had trust in her sister, Comfreyheart. As her name says so, she truly was earnest and kind. Her eyes would soften at the sight of her.

I know you'll pick wisely, Mottlerose. And if that ever would be my sister, I have every trust in her that she'd do well.

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
oryx

oryx

Characters : thistlemask | grebedance | turtlepaw
Clan/Rank : thunderclan t3 warrior | riverclan t3 warrior | thunderclan apprentice
Number of posts : 326

PostSubject: Re: Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony]   Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony] EmptyFri 9 Sep 2022 - 17:29

The calico had been a little distant from the clan with the arrival and now departure of ShadowClan, full of uncertainty and doubt about her place in the clan; whether she would be exiled and forced to return to her roots, ones she was so desperate to avoid. The molly had been lied to and used for the sake of furthering her father's vengeance on the clans, and so many innocent cats had died from the fallout, others left with a myriad of physical and emotional scars. She could never truly feel enough guilt for her role in the mess.

She nodded at Mottlerose, aware of the doubt and pain settling on the other warriors shoulders. Minnowstar had been out of action for a quite a while now, and there was gossip beginning to spread about his health for the past few sunrises, only exacerbated by Mottlerose taking his place at the gathering. But seeing her now, so visibly distraught and...

Thistlemask watched as Comfreyheart and Fawnshine settled in close, hopeful in their demeanour and the way they watched Mottlerose. Perhaps a new ThunderClan deputy was to be named today? She purred, respect in her eyes. Comfreyheart was a loyal and strong warrior of the clan, sharing a similar close bond with the deputy that she herself did. If she had to pick, that would very easily be where her interests would lie. She shook her head a little as she realised she was getting ahead of herself, and waited patiently for the meeting to continue.

character profiles | aussie
Thistlemask | ThunderClan T4 Warrior | #9f0fa8
Grebedance | RiverClan T3 Warrior | #00bc91
Turtlepaw | ThunderClan Apprentice | #eda324
Back to top Go down
zenpaii
Former Staff
Former Staff
zenpaii

Characters : [♠] ✞ Scorchtalon (W), [♞] ✞ Sootwhisker (SC), [♥] ✞ Sagepaw (W), [♣] Plumleaf (SKC), [♛] Beetleshade (T), [♚] Applespark (SC), [♜] Mudshriek (WC), [T]Tinyshadow (RC), [I]Irispaw (TC), [R]Rainpaw (WC), [S]Spider (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : [♠] ✞ Windclan (T5 Warrior), [♞] ✞ Shadowclan (T3 Warrior), [♥] ✞ Windclan (App), [♣] Skyclan (Tier 2 Hybrid Medicine Cat), [♛] Thunderclan (T5 Warrior), [♚] Shadowclan (T1 Warrior) [♜] Windclan (T2 Warrior), [T] Riverclan (T1 Warrior)
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 651

PostSubject: Re: Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony]   Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony] EmptyFri 9 Sep 2022 - 17:55

Beetleshade slipped out of the warriors den, an anticipatory gleam in her eyes as she silently found a spot underneath the Highrock. Minnowstar's illness had been an unfortunate turn of events that had shocked and saddened her clanmates, but Beetleshade remained unmoved. She supposed losing a leader kinda sucked, but why was everyone still so hung up about it? If they were smart, they would be praying to Starclan that Mottlerose would choose a competent cat for the deputy position.

Someone like me... She thought to herself, claws scraping the ground as she stared hungrily up at the rock. She deserved it. She'd done everything she could for her clan, wearing herself thin trying to outdo everyone else, even as an apprentice. Mottlerose knew better than most how dedicated Beetleshade was, so she had no doubts that her former mentor of all cats would realize she was perfect for the position.

plotting pages | character profiles
Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Characters : Stormsong, Doekit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan Arborist; Mindflayer Enthusiast
Capricorn Dog
Number of posts : 6705

PostSubject: Re: Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony]   Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony] EmptySat 10 Sep 2022 - 0:36

Stormsong

The tom had been surprisingly quiet upon their return, having kept his strangely low and his maw lacking stupid quips, as if disappointment tore at him most of the night. Even still, as they gathered around for the clan meeting, there was a certain curiosity that tore away at him - and he watched his former mentor with high admiration and anticipation as they all gathered around the High Rock.

He sighed, stepping up beside Thistlemask and offering a slight smile. "Maybe this is a sign that good times are ahead of us now," he murmured to her passively, blue eyes shimmering as he stared ahead. "Mottlerose knows how to care care of the clan, and we're supporting ourselves again. StarClan have mercy."

Twilightpaw

The last time a clan meeting had been called, it had been him and his siblings lined up to receive their apprentice names. And with the full-moon still hanging above them in the early hours of the morning, anyone from the kits to the elders could figure out what this ceremony was for. Twilightpaw stepped up to his mentor, his footsteps silent as he took a place beside her and looked up at Comfreyheart expectantly. It was easy to see that ambitious look in her eyes.

He wasn't sure if it were his place to speak, flicking his tail and watching on.

Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony] PDt1Qqd Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony] Lyl9TWB
Doekit | Stormsong
ThunderClan Kit | ThunderClan T3
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Characters : ➀Forestbreeze ➁Brookstone ➂Briarrose
Clan/Rank : ➀Shadowclan T5 ➁Riverclan T5 ➂Thunderclan T4
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 497

PostSubject: Re: Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony]   Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony] EmptySat 10 Sep 2022 - 1:43

Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony] 1f339【Briarpaw】Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony] 1f339

She had truly hoped her father would have recovered enough to continue leading the clan. However, her wishes never came to be. He had fallen too ill and had been stripped of his lives. She could tell her mother was still grieving but had to remain strong for her clan. Briarpaw admired her passion and love for the clan. The young apprentice would probably still be melancholy for a few days more. For now, she had hope that things would look up for them all, especially for her family.

The dilute tortoiseshell she-cat was seated near the edge of the group, head tilted up to look at her mother atop the Highrock. She allowed her mind to wander just this once as she waited for the meeting to continue. She wondered who'd be given the honorable role of deputy. There were many notable choices but Briarpaw knew that Mottlerose would choose the very best one for the clan. She could tell that everyone was feeling antsy. She didn't blame them. However, she remained as patient as ever—her tail wrapped around her paws in a neat fashion. She could wait. She was good at that.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
⓵ Forestbreeze of Shadowclan
⓶ Brookstone of Riverclan
⓷ Briarrose of Thunderclan
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

PostSubject: Re: Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony]   Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony] EmptySun 11 Sep 2022 - 10:31

Mottlerose watched as each and every one of her clanmates gathered. Immediately, she caught the gaze of Comfreyheart. Oh, how she had become such the opposite of what her heritage said she would be. Such a sweet, caring spirit, who had easily become one of her closest companions. Fawnshine, too, appearing beside her sister. The two mollies were certainly a great source of strength for her throughout all of this, all of the chaos that life seemed to throw their way. For a moment, as the Clan gathered, she thought how she could show her gratitude.

She watched furthermore as more cats gathered. Thistlemask, sitting more towards the edges of the crowd, drew her in. A slow blink was passed to the bicolored tabby, before moving on to the rest of the crowd. She could see Beetleshade practically writing with ambition, followed with watching two of her children gather, and another warrior that might as well also be her son. The rest of them filed in, and soon enough, it would be time for her to begin to speak. Did she have all of what she wanted to say in her mind? Would she even be able to say it correctly? Could she do her mate justice?

Taking a deep breath, the tortoiseshell began.

"Thunderclan, as I am sure you all know, it seems this Greenleaf hasn't been without its hardships. With Shadowclan upon our borders from a flood, it seems they were not the only ones stricken by the forest's cruelty. It is with a heavy heart that I must inform all of you that my dear Minnow has lost all but one of his lives to illness, and once more is known as Minnowfin." She paused, the sound of her heart thundering in her ears. It was words that she never wanted to speak, not even remotely at the current time. So, so much longer should've been afforded to the both of them to enjoy the life they had just days before.

"As is my duty as your deputy, I will be taking his place as leader. Soon, I will travel to Highstones and receive my lives. I know this is much, much sooner than all of us had planned, but I promise now to all of you that I will carry his legacy, as well as Stoatstars, for as long as Starclan will let me." Her voice spoke with solemnity, but also, a vigor. That promise would be one that she would refuse to break. Minnowfin's time as their leader would be short... but she would fight to stand longer. To be steady. To be there.

"Additionally, as I step into this new role, it means further change shall be coming." Her gaze scanned the crowd once more. Mottlerose's claws dug into the Highrock for just a moment, her eyes closing for just a few heartbeats before opening. "Thunderclan will be needing a new deputy, one that represents our steadfast spirit and ability to persevere beyond any storm, to remain loyal no matter what the cost may be. I say these words before Starclan, and that they may hear and approve of my choice. Thistlemask, I appoint you as the next deputy of Thunderclan."

Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony] Girlboss
Art by Oryx

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
oryx

oryx

Characters : thistlemask | grebedance | turtlepaw
Clan/Rank : thunderclan t3 warrior | riverclan t3 warrior | thunderclan apprentice
Number of posts : 326

PostSubject: Re: Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony]   Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony] EmptySun 11 Sep 2022 - 11:07

She exhaled lightly at Stormsong's comment, flicking her tail in his direction in a friendly sign to hush as Mottlerose began to speak. Her heart ached a little seeing her friend; basically her kin at this point, so openly grieve, the scars open for the whole gathered clan to see as she regaled the unfortunate tales that had befallen her love and the clans leader. The calico was fidgeting slightly, wanting to comfort and reassure the queen that had brought her support and love in the times she desperately needed it- who still trusted and defended her in spite of her unfortunate past and heritage.

Thistlemask bowed her head slightly at the mention of her former mentor, another cat willing to care for her and accept her as a ThunderClan warrior amid the treacherous acts of her father. Mottlerose- Mottlestar would more than exceed the care he displayed, it was hard to miss the way she took care of every cat; going as far as to groom Nightstalker during ShadowClan's stay. She knew, no matter what, that the clan would be in the best possible position with a molly like her as leader, especially if Comfreyheart was to become her deputy. Despite her acceptance of what she believed to be the inevitable, a tiny part of her clung on to the tiniest, miniscule possibility that Mottlerose would say her name. It was something she attempted to shake, internally reminding herself of the last moon or so with Nightstalker and her crimes, and the constant looming threat of exile over her head. The calico wasn't the pinnacle of stability, nor did she have even a single part of ThunderClan blood.

But then her friend said it - her name, as her deputy. Thistlemask's blood turned to ice in her veins, jaw going slack ever so slightly. She stood at once, perhaps as a subconscious reaction to the newly found attention cast her way, words trapped in her throat. Deputy? Speak, her inner voice was succinct and a little harsh, and she dipped her head, feeling intensely confused and a little awkward. She rose her head to look at Mottlerose, an are you sure? painted clearly in her eyes, realising she was dead serious.

She gazed across her clanmates, still a little panicked but strangely reassured by the certainty displayed by Mottlerose and the nearby presence of Stormsong, one of few she considered a friend - even though that was perhaps a strong word.

"Th-thank you. I will serve this clan, and all of you, until my final breath." I won't let you down, the molly thought as she looked back towards her friend and leader once more.
Back to top Go down
zenpaii
Former Staff
Former Staff
zenpaii

Characters : [♠] ✞ Scorchtalon (W), [♞] ✞ Sootwhisker (SC), [♥] ✞ Sagepaw (W), [♣] Plumleaf (SKC), [♛] Beetleshade (T), [♚] Applespark (SC), [♜] Mudshriek (WC), [T]Tinyshadow (RC), [I]Irispaw (TC), [R]Rainpaw (WC), [S]Spider (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : [♠] ✞ Windclan (T5 Warrior), [♞] ✞ Shadowclan (T3 Warrior), [♥] ✞ Windclan (App), [♣] Skyclan (Tier 2 Hybrid Medicine Cat), [♛] Thunderclan (T5 Warrior), [♚] Shadowclan (T1 Warrior) [♜] Windclan (T2 Warrior), [T] Riverclan (T1 Warrior)
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 651

PostSubject: Re: Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony]   Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony] EmptySun 11 Sep 2022 - 18:59

Beetleshade's ears perked as Mottlerose began the announcement, her tail twitching impatiently as she awaited the outcome with bated breath. She almost rose to her paws, confident that her name would called, but a painful shock rippled through her as her hopes were shattered. Thistlemask?! She could feel the rage bubbling in her throat, her claws digging into the ground so hard it was almost painful. Countless moons of hard work, just to be passed up for deputyship by Thistlemask?? She was appalled, to put it simply, but she masked her shock and kept her expression carefully neutral as she turned towards her fellow warrior.

"Congratulations Thistlemask." She purred, faux sweetness dripping from her words like honey. "Mottlerose made an excellent choice." For the first time in her life, she was disgusted by her own facade. How much longer would she be forced to humble herself to avoid offending others? More importantly, why didn't anyone seem to be able to see how great she was? The thought of being overlooked by her clanmates only fueled her anger, only now it was accompanied by the desire to prove them wrong. They would come to regret it, one way or another.

plotting pages | character profiles
Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Characters : Stormsong, Doekit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan Arborist; Mindflayer Enthusiast
Capricorn Dog
Number of posts : 6705

PostSubject: Re: Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony]   Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony] EmptyMon 12 Sep 2022 - 3:43

Stormsong

The tom had been one of the first to chant her name. Out of everyone there in that clearing, she seemed the most startled by far, and Stormsong supposed he couldn't have blamed her. He hadn't known entirely about her past other than her heritage, but knew full well the stress she carried trying to prove her loyalty day after day. Maybe she didn't even notice the way it dragged her down. She was holding herself back, but he knew better. So did Mottlerose, obviously.

"Nobody else is more deserving," he purred in reassurance, swiping a friendly lick up her cheek before stepping back to let others welcome her.

Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony] PDt1Qqd Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony] Lyl9TWB
Doekit | Stormsong
ThunderClan Kit | ThunderClan T3
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony]   Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony] Empty

Back to top Go down

Much too Soon [tc deputy ceremony]
Page 1 of 1