Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The First Renewed Tunnelers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1862

The First Renewed Tunnelers  Empty
PostSubject: The First Renewed Tunnelers    The First Renewed Tunnelers  EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 3:30 pm

Some days had passed since Brackenwing and herself had first journeyed to the tunnels for the first time and encountered the fox. Somehow, the interaction made her more determined to make the tunnels safe again for her clan. Predators could lurk there unchecked, apparently. Cats, particularly apprentices, would go down to the tunnels anyway. The only way to allow them to do so would be to make them safe. Coyotegrin furrowed her head and ears, concern riding over her face as she pondered on the top of the Lone Stump, waiting for the warriors she summoned to join her as the moon rose in the sky. Sure, working the tunnels would be safer in the long run, but what about her safety now? What about the safety of the small group she chose for this task? Were their lives less valuable to the Clan? Once again, she found herself cursing Shrikestar in frustration for not choosing her for Deputy. Couldn't Small bean done this instead? He was just as small as she was.

Her train of thoughts was interrupted as the first cat she summoned joined her. "Please, sit!" She said cheerfully, sweeping her tail to indicate a half-circle around her. The warrior had decided this would be the meeting place of the Tunnelers; a quiet place away from camp far from prying ears. It was a good choice, in her opinion.

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Singedfox :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : Bold
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T2 Warrior : SC T1 Warrior (Perma-NPC)
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

Back to top Go down
zenpaii
Former Staff
Former Staff
zenpaii

Characters : [♠] ✞ Scorchtalon (W), [♞] ✞ Sootwhisker (SC), [♥] ✞ Sagepaw (W), [♣] Plumleaf (SKC), [♛] Beetleshade (T), [♚] Applespark (SC), [♜] Mudshriek (WC), [T]Tinyshadow (RC), [I]Irispaw (TC), [R]Rainpaw (WC), [S]Spider (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : [♠] ✞ Windclan (T5 Warrior), [♞] ✞ Shadowclan (T3 Warrior), [♥] ✞ Windclan (App), [♣] Skyclan (Tier 2 Hybrid Medicine Cat), [♛] Thunderclan (T5 Warrior), [♚] Shadowclan (T1 Warrior) [♜] Windclan (T2 Warrior), [T] Riverclan (T1 Warrior)
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 651

PostSubject: Re: The First Renewed Tunnelers    The First Renewed Tunnelers  EmptyMon Aug 01, 2022 6:01 pm

Scorchtalon trotted happily through the territory, his fluffy tail bobbing along above the tall grass. He had to admit, when he’d first heard about Coyotegrin’s plans to fortify the tunnels, he’d been a bit… hesitant. After all, so many lives had been lost in the tunnels. They were teeming with predators, potentially deadly rockfalls, and Starclan only knew what else. Not to mention their general creepiness. Every time he went down there he felt like the cave walls were closing in on him, like the tightly packed earth above could collapse at any time, burying him under the rubble. Still, he had to admit Coyotegrin made several solid points about the tunnels being beneficial to the clan, and he wanted to help in any way he could. Especially since they were so low on warriors. Privately, part of him hoped that if the truth about him and Marshmallow ever came to light, Shrikestar would consider Scorchtalon’s service to the clan and decide not to exile him. It was a far-fetched dream considering the fact that he was going against the code, but optimism had helped him through losing his family, so he saw no reason not to continue to apply it to his life.

As he approached the Lone Stump, he flicked his ears in greeting to Coyotegrin, making himself comfortable in the area she had indicated.

plotting pages | character profiles
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2974

PostSubject: Re: The First Renewed Tunnelers    The First Renewed Tunnelers  EmptyMon Aug 08, 2022 11:06 am

Whisperear

Whisperear was slow to arrive, just as they were slow to arrive to anything. It was not a matter of not being interested, but rather, a matter of their pained joints and weak stamina. Coyotegrin would understand, at least, as she had mentored Whisperear when they were an apprentice. But even though they were slow, their heart buzzed with excitement. They were going to get to learn to be a real tunneller!

It came with memories twinged with sadness. They’d learned how much they wanted to be a tunneller thanks to Lavenderdrop, who disappeared a few moons ago. It still colored the excitement of the experience with sadness. Whisperear tried not to think about it too hard—not of Lavenderdrop, nor of Maplespring, his mate, who had been cast out from the clan. Or now…of Scorchtalon, who they will be working alongside, who Whisperear recently found out from Batsong was also in a relationship with a cat from another clan. They hoped that Scorchtalon would not receive the same exile as Maplespring…Again, they tried to push the thoughts away.

Hello, Whisperear greeted as they arrived at the stump with Scorchtalon and Coyotegrin. They blinked in apology to Coyotegrin for making her wait and then took a seat beside Scorchtalon.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T2 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2442

PostSubject: Re: The First Renewed Tunnelers    The First Renewed Tunnelers  EmptyMon Aug 08, 2022 7:40 pm

Blazefang was late too, but more because she straight up forgot. Now, having realized the time, the fiery cat sprinted across the moor, desperately hoping she wasn’t in trouble. She certainly didn’t want to miss out on spending time in the tunnels! Skidding to a stop, she nodded to Scorchtalon, Coyotegrin, and Whisperear. “Hey, sorry I’m late!” she said, disheveled fur sticking out in all directions. “Everyone here? I hope I didn’t keep you guys waiting!”
Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: The First Renewed Tunnelers    The First Renewed Tunnelers  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 4:32 pm

Coyotegrin nodded to each cat as they entered. They fully expected Whisperear to be late; she'd provided them mentally the allowance to do so due to their condition. But Blazefang was an energetic cat and fully capable; it was slightly annoying she was the last one there and even after Whisperear. This was a serious thing for Coyotegrin, and she hoped Blazegang would shape up to view it as just as serious. She'd keep an eye on her, but for now, she'll allow grace.

"Thank you everyone for coming. I briefly gave you the run down of why I asked you here today, but I'll explain a little bit more. I would like to clarify, that the secrecy on this manner will soon be confirmed with the clan, but I ask you not to disclose what I am telling you quite yet. Shrikestar and I are still trying to decide how to approach the subject." Coyotegrin cleared her throat, before continuing. "Shrikestar and I have decided that it will be in the clan's best interests to get the tunnels up and running again. The biggest reason for this is to provide safety to the clan. The tunnels as they exist now are dangerous to apprentices and warriors alike. They are prone to collapsing and harboring dangerous animals that can harm are clan. Additionally, these tunnels can be used as hide-outs in emergencies, once they are deemed safe. They can provide relief in the winter as well as safety in case of an invasion." The Tunnel Captain allowed the information to sink in as she studied the cats she has chosen.

"This will be a dangerous task, but I chose each of you to help me start out this task. I have created the name 'First Renewed Tunnelers' to pay respect to the fact that we are not the first of our clan to venture to the tunnels, but the first in many generations to renew them. For short, we can call ourselves 'Renewers'. I ask that you decide if this is not a task for you tonight, so I may select another warrior." Once again, she paused to see if any cat looked like they were going to back out before continuing- better to get all of the information out before they discussed further.

"I will be frank with all of you- I have nowhere to start on this. Brackenwing and I tested a tunnel and was met by a fox. There is no cat alive to help guide us, we will have to learn via trial and error, studying what is in place now, and creative thinking. I view all of you as capable of this task. Does anybody have any questions, or opinions?" Finally, Coyotegrin ended her speech with a cocked head. Around them, the sun glowed a beautiful color and the grass waved in a lazy wind.

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Singedfox :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : Bold
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T2 Warrior : SC T1 Warrior (Perma-NPC)
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2974

PostSubject: Re: The First Renewed Tunnelers    The First Renewed Tunnelers  EmptyWed Aug 24, 2022 5:01 pm

Whisperear

Whisperear smiled, barely able to contain their excitement about the Tunnelers being given new life. More than that, they’ll be able to be a Renewed Tunneler themself! A Renewer…it was such a fun title. Something in addition to Warrior, which Whisperear never quite felt they could embody. With this, they could try something new and perhaps feel more valuable to their clan.

At the mention of having no way of learning how to build up the tunnels, Whisperear piped up—as much as their weak voice could, anyway. They mewed, Is there any chance that we could try to ask StarClan for their guidance on how to fix the tunnels? If the knowledge of the tunnels has been lost to previous generations of WindClan, then they would be in StarClan and could assist in some way.

Batsong had told Whisperear about how StarClan gave dreams and prophecies to cats when they needed aid. Typically they were given to medicine cats, but for a project as big as this, surely former WindClan cats would help from beyond the stars?

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The First Renewed Tunnelers    The First Renewed Tunnelers  Empty

Back to top Go down

The First Renewed Tunnelers
Page 1 of 1