Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Leaf-fall is finally here, and with it, the promise of colder, crueler, days ahead.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

There's a Snake in My Nest [open]

Go down 
+2
speedy
Splotch
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Splotch

Splotch

Characters : Sleepycloud, Hopepaw, Lakepaw, Bear
Clan/Rank : Ye Old Member-- ALL THUNDERCLAN OOPS Sleepycloud (MCA), Hopepaw [App], Lake [App], Bear [Loner[
Taurus Dragon
Number of posts : 3603

There's a Snake in My Nest [open] Empty
PostSubject: There's a Snake in My Nest [open]   There's a Snake in My Nest [open] EmptyTue 24 May 2022 - 9:12

They had found it sleeping in the bushes on the far side of their sandy clearing. It was wrapped into itself, clearly asleep.

To be honest, Eggkit hadn't really seen another creature inside of camp before aside from cats and the dead prey the warriors and apprentices had caught. So, her curiosity got the better of her. With ginger steps, she approached. Her green eyes cast an unsure glance at her siblings. It had been their suggestion to put it in Stoatstar's nest. Of course, if they were excited to see this happen, then she was too!

Though, the kit hesitated as she got close. It hadn't moved from its spot, though she could see its gentle breaths. Low, Eggkit made her way under the branches. The kit was just small enough that she didn't have to worry about getting caught in its thorns. Her eyes traced the body of the snake, unsure of where to carry it. Another glance back at her siblings, and Eggkit steeled her reserve. Lunging forward, she bit down on the base of the snake's skull. A ferocious hiss left the snake, and it began to uncoil to fight back. Startled, Eggkit backed out, spine in her mouth. Where next? Where does she go? Stoatstar's den! The kit spun in place and raced towards their leader's den.

Unfortunately, the Snake wasn't going to give up. Its body coiling around her paws, tripping Eggkit up. A squeak left Eggkit's mouth and she lost her grip on the creature. She hit the ground hard, stunned. But a hiss in her ear left the kit with a chill up her spine. Helplessly, she tried to scramble to her feet. Yet, before she could get far, fangs embedded themselves into her flank. This time, no noise escaped Eggkit, her green eyes wide.

Was this how she dies?

Sleepycloud || Hopepaw || Lakekit
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 3120

PostSubject: Re: There's a Snake in My Nest [open]   There's a Snake in My Nest [open] EmptyTue 24 May 2022 - 9:27

Shadekit saw all his siblings gathered around and trotted over to him his head empty as per usual.

"hiya guys!" he purred happily.

(OOC: to avoid any confusion, Shadekit thinks that eggkit is milkkit because they look so similar so when he thinks or says milkkit he is actually refering to eggkit.... if the real milkkit comes along his remaining braincell will probably self implode XD)

Milkkit was looking at something and he curiosuly went over to see to. Ohh cool a moving stick! Milkkit must have used some magic or some spell to make the stick come to life. What fun!!!

suddenly the stick started smacking at his sister. "eek look out milkkit the stick is angry that you made it come to life" he squeeled in suprise.

The dumb little tom tried to help but probably just made the whole situation worse when he leapt over at the "stick" and tried to tug it away from his sister.

"dont worry milkkit you just have to put the stick down and it will go back to being a regular not alive stick" he meowed explaining to his sister who obviously had no clue how magic worked. Sigh how did his siblings expect to get around without thinking skills such as his own??

He tugged harder at the snake which he was still convinced was a stick until he really got the thing mad and it bit probably harder at milkkit (eggkit in reality).

"let go little angry stick!" he growled through his teeth as he kept tugging at it.

The stick suddenly switched focus and now bit at his shoulder too. It hurt alot and he jumped backwards "ouchiiii !!! Milkit make it stop!" he complained thinking that she was still somehow controlling it with her "magic"

Waxkit

Characters : [H]ornetpaw | [C]ricketkit
Clan/Rank : [H] Thunderclan apprentice | [C] Shadowclan kit
Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: There's a Snake in My Nest [open]   There's a Snake in My Nest [open] EmptyTue 24 May 2022 - 13:25

Hornetkit looked at his siblings with pure shock and horror on his face. At first sure, he just sat there disappointed with their stupid play ideas that were less about talking and more about doing but dear Starclan that- well it was not only Eggkits first spotting of an alive non-cat anywhere. The smooth scales, long body. He backed out pushing himself into a bush. Why would they touch it? - Kitten thought just a heartbeat before his sister leaped on it. The way it wiggled with such strength... and then it hit him, the expression on her face. Shock or pain? Or maybe he was just stupid and couldn't see from the bush?

He jumped out of the hiding unsure if he should help or not. Hornetkit did strongly dislike all of them but- "Eggkit, Shadekit?" Seeing the "scratches" on both of them was enough to make his paws weak.

Cricketkit / Shadowclan / Kit 10 HP / 30 SP / #336699
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6193

PostSubject: Re: There's a Snake in My Nest [open]   There's a Snake in My Nest [open] EmptyFri 27 May 2022 - 18:46

Nightkit trailed after her sister, watching the long, thin form of the snake curl itself around her; sharp teeth sinking into her sister's flesh. Curiosity turned to worry as Eggkit's eyes went wide and she fell silent; and that worry worsened as Shadekit, too, fell victim to its fangs.

She very nearly pounced at the snake, but realizing that even all four of them were probably less than a match for the wiggly thing and that she'd probably end up the same as they had, she instead called out for someone who was a match for it. A warrior, maybe, or a medicine cat. When cats got hurt, they went to the medicine cat, right? They'd know what to do. "Help! We need help! A medicine cat!"

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowgrove ♀ | Mountainpaw ♀ | Loonkit ♀ ~~ Copper was here
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Windclan | Shadowclan | Thunderclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4982

PostSubject: Re: There's a Snake in My Nest [open]   There's a Snake in My Nest [open] EmptyThu 2 Jun 2022 - 10:50

Shouting near the highrock had caught the tortoiseshell warrior's attention. It was not so much the words that had caught her attention, but how young the sounds were. They certainly were a group of kits. Collecting herself to her paws quickly, it seemed her motherly instincts never truly went away as she bolted over. Her amber gaze was quick to assess what was unfolding in front of her, including what seemed to be a scene of four kits and... a snake?!

"Get back, the four of you." Her motherly tone left no room for arguments as she shooed them, moving any stragglers aside by their scruffs. A quick blow of her experienced paw left the snake dead, the poor creature having been writhing around with no doubt a good bit of discomfort from how the kits had been striking at it. Upon closer inspection, it was rather obvious to Mottlerose that it had been an adder, and a quick glance to the other kits meant that two of them had indeed been struck.

Grabbing the snake's dead body and tossing it to the thick bushes, she quickly turned towards the four of them. "Never, ever, play with snakes. Got it?" Mottlerose scolded, but her gaze was already focusing on Eggkit and Shadekit. While she didn't exactly know their names, she was knowledgeable enough about what happened in camp to figure out who they all were. "Hornetkit, Nightkit, I need you to go run to the other side of camp and find Fawnshine, got it? I'll try to meet you there with Eggkit and Shadekit. Tell her they were bit by an Adder." She emphasized the word to make sure they would catch on. After all, just saying "they were bit" didn't tell the intensity of the situation.

Mottlerose would move to try to pick the two up by their scruffs, and as best she could, start moving them towards the medicine den. At the very least, she'd try to figure out some of the herbs to help them.

ooc; using the phrase "move to try" so as to allow the roleplayers freedom whether or not mottlerose actually is able to carry shadekit and/or eggkit

MurkyriverSnowvixenHollowgroveMountainpawLoonkit
Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

Characters : Sleepycloud, Hopepaw, Lakepaw, Bear
Clan/Rank : Ye Old Member-- ALL THUNDERCLAN OOPS Sleepycloud (MCA), Hopepaw [App], Lake [App], Bear [Loner[
Taurus Dragon
Number of posts : 3603

PostSubject: Re: There's a Snake in My Nest [open]   There's a Snake in My Nest [open] EmptyThu 2 Jun 2022 - 11:02

The shock came first. But, after it let go, and rounded on her brother, Eggkit felt the burning begin. Her flank seized up, and the small kitten collapsed to the side. It really really hurt. It hurt more than when she got a thorn stuck in her paw. Or when her siblings accidentally bit too hard. But this?

The kitten's side throbbed, and spikes of pain shot up and down her spine, her tail twitching with each rake of pain. Mouth open, she tried to call again, but nothing escaped but a small whimper--lost to the voices around her. Then, a sudden movement came, and it all changed. A cry of pain escaped Eggkit as another cat lifted her from the ground. Why was she moving? It hurt! Green eyes landed on Nightkit, as if trying to apologize for the mess she created. Yet, soon after, things got a bit blurry once more.

Sleepycloud || Hopepaw || Lakekit
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1477

PostSubject: Re: There's a Snake in My Nest [open]   There's a Snake in My Nest [open] EmptyThu 2 Jun 2022 - 18:32

Fawnshine

Screaming from the outside of the camp woke Fawnshine with a jolt. Kits? What are they up to now..? Hastily rising to her paws, the molly shook herself awake, fur rising with uneasiness. Seeing Eggkit and Shadekit being carried by the scruff, Fawnshine rushed to the warrior, internally dreading of what had happened. Despite not going outside, how do kits always are the start of some mischief or another?

Suddenly, her eyes pinpointed on the injuries that both kit suffered — adder bites. What?! Adders were in camp?! "Mottlerose, please tell me what happened. Is any cat else hurt?" She rushed to the shelves, grabbing some snakeroots, some extra herbs (just in case), and cobwebs in place. Carefully grabbing Eggkit and Shadekit, she'd rest them on the moss beds, quickly applying the chewed herbs on the bites.

"You'll be alright, Eggkit, Shadekit.. Just- Just stay calm, okay? It'll be fine, you've been treated now. The adder's gone."

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6193

PostSubject: Re: There's a Snake in My Nest [open]   There's a Snake in My Nest [open] EmptyThu 2 Jun 2022 - 21:13

A warrior answered her cry for help, as did one of the medicine cats, so Nightkit was- to some extent, if she put her concern for her siblings aside for just a moment- pleased with herself. Or at least with her ability to call for help.

The warrior told her, in no uncertain terms- and Hornetkit, but she wasn't sure he'd bother following the warrior's instructions; he'd hardly even done anything- to tell Fawnshine that her siblings were bit by an adder.

Nightkit's ears pricked up at the unfamiliar word. So, the wiggly thing- no longer wiggly after the warrior struck it- was called an adder. She did her best to memorize the word and the creature that lay before her, turning to find the medicine cat as she'd been told (because this was no longer the fun kind of trouble, it was the kind where cats she cared about were hurt)- only for someone that must have been Fawnshine to arrive.

Sparing one last glance to Hornetkit, she scrambled after the warrior and medicine cat, not wanting to leave Eggkit and Shadekit. "Are they going to be okay? What's an adder?" She fumbled around for a moment, trying to recall a certain word. "Why was it- sharp?"

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
Waxkit

Waxkit

Characters : [H]ornetpaw | [C]ricketkit
Clan/Rank : [H] Thunderclan apprentice | [C] Shadowclan kit
Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: There's a Snake in My Nest [open]   There's a Snake in My Nest [open] EmptySun 5 Jun 2022 - 2:22

A fact that someone came to the rescue of the troublemakers made Hornetkit glad although... well it wouldn't affect him too much if no one reacted, would it? Maybe then they would learn?
"That was so stupid why would you touch the long?" He meowed and stretched his neck to look at the animal. It was a bit... mesmerizing when it lay like that with the markings all visible. Still, Hornetkit wouldn't risk touching it as moving was a bit difficult right now. Words of the warrior snapped him back to reality.
"Will they be alright?" His little ticked head turned to Nightkit and as she was leaving and his paws just forced him to follow. "I think the... adder had teeth." A surprisingly quiet answer somehow got out of him. Somehow no mean words could form in his mouth, no energy left, only a faster than usual heartbeat.

Cricketkit / Shadowclan / Kit 10 HP / 30 SP / #336699
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There's a Snake in My Nest [open]   There's a Snake in My Nest [open] Empty

Back to top Go down

There's a Snake in My Nest [open]
Page 1 of 1