Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

a different path [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
khamosa

khamosa

Characters : [B]rindlepaw | [V]ioletsky | [F]oxflower
Clan/Rank : [B] Thunderclan Apprentice | [V] Skyclan T2 Warrior | [F] Windclan Permaqueen
Pisces Rat
Number of posts : 1557

a different path [c] Empty
PostSubject: a different path [c]   a different path [c] EmptyThu Mar 10, 2022 1:52 pm

herb list:

Muddythorn was missing Hollyshine more and more, and almost constantly on edge about her whereabouts. It wasn't the first time one of his sisters had disappeared, and also not the first time it could be linked back to Dawnhawk's crimes. Primroselight, just like always, was trying not to let any of her worry show, but Muddythorn knew his mother well enough to realize how panicked she was. He didn't resent Beechfang for leaving her niece behind, knowing that it probably was the best idea. They didn't need to bury another warrior. But there was also no way that Dawnhawk's new group was larger or stronger than the well-established Skyclan, and hopefully soon they would recover Hollyshine.

He quietly muttered to himself as he sorted herbs, using the methodical movements to distract him from his thoughts. It was good that he did that as well, since he seemed to be running low on quite a few herbs, many of which he could probably find even in leaf-bare. Picking himself up off the ground where he sat, Muddythorn padded across camp in search of any unfortunate warrior or apprentice he could drag along with him. The few cats lying in the centre of camp were enjoying meals, and not wanting to bother them, he poked his head into the warriors' den, "Herb hunt anyone?"

Not only was it helpful to have an extra set of paws, but he'd found that many warriors had no idea what different herbs did. Maybe one day they could be far away from Skyclan and injured, and the briefest of things they'd learnt from Muddythorn could save their life.

character profiles | plotting pages

↣ ↢
Brindlepaw | Thunderclan Apprentice | [20/60]
Violetsky | Skyclan T2 Warrior | [40/100]
Foxflower | Windclan Permaqueen| [50/80]
↣ ↢

deceased/missing: Brighteye, Dappleleaf, Yew, Mistlebright,
Magpiesight, Wisteriabloom, Primroselight, Muddythorn,
Silversnake, Finchpaw, Aoife
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4941

PostSubject: Re: a different path [c]   a different path [c] EmptyThu Mar 10, 2022 3:25 pm

Patrols, patrols, patrols...

It seemed more and more like all that Myrtleturtle got to do since being a warrior were the exact things he had come to loathe. The harsh weather meant that less cats were daring to test the borders, which was rather convenient when attempting to avoid confrontation. He'd become used to volunteering for border patrols in the early morning, only to come back and nap for a good majority of the day. He had little desire to share tongues or make an attempt to socialize with many of his clanmates. Instead, he wanted to keep to himself, curling into his nest and enjoying whatever warmth is long pelt had to offer him.

The young warrior held practically no interest in hunting for prey, as taking life for the sake of adding to a fresh-kill pile gnawed at something odd in his bones. If he had the choice to simply eat twigs or leaves for the rest of his life, he would have taken it. Unfortuntely, being a cat, he had to eat something. He found himself relying upon grabbing the smallest meal to get by, as if to attempt to take the least amount of life possible. There was a part of him he was denying in taking the life of a warrior, and all he could think about were the words that Coldheart muttered to him. Those stung into the back of his pelt with every step he took, every breath that came in and out. It swirled in his mind like a dangerous cloud, yet he was struggling to piece together answers.

It was Muddythorn's call that snapped him out of his doom-ridden mind. The tom rose his head, giving a nod. "I'll go." Glancing around the rest of the den, he uncurled from his circular state and padded outside to meet Muddythorn towards the entrance. "Whatever it is we need, I'll help."

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
khamosa

khamosa

Clan/Rank : [B] Thunderclan Apprentice | [V] Skyclan T2 Warrior | [F] Windclan Permaqueen
Pisces Rat

PostSubject: Re: a different path [c]   a different path [c] EmptyThu Mar 10, 2022 3:36 pm

"Great!" Muddythorn exclaimed, glad someone was eager to help, and happily trotted out of camp, with Myrtleturtle following. He'd only recently taken the warrior to the moonstone, but still didn't know him particularly well. They left camp together, and before they got far, the medicine cat stopped to give a basic explanation of herbs. "Even though it's leaf-bare, there's still a chance to come across all sorts of things. If you see or scent anything that might be useful just give me a shout, especially if its scent is similar to my den."

Hopefully Myrtleturte would get the hang of it quickly, so Muddythorn wandered away, wanting to check certain spots he knew herbs could survive the frost. Eventually, after quite a lot of nosing through undergrowth, he scented daisies. He struggled to see them against the white snow and with his slightly limited vision, but the scent was strong enough for him to find them. He picked a few leaves and brought them back to the warrior.

"Like daisies, for example, are great for stiff joints, especially for the elders in the cold." He explained. Granted, not a life-saving piece of knowledge, but it could come in handy one day.

↣ ↢
↣ ↢

Last edited by khamosa on Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15083

PostSubject: Re: a different path [c]   a different path [c] EmptyThu Mar 10, 2022 3:36 pm

The member 'khamosa' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 3

a different path [c] Mistpe10
a different path [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: a different path [c]   a different path [c] EmptyFri Mar 11, 2022 9:51 am

Myrtleturtle gave a solid nod towards the medicine cat, recalling anything he thought he knew about the medicine den. His mind drifted to all of the herbs he had seen and had to taste for his moonstone journey, and certainly felt at least some solid idea of what he should be looking for. His ears pricked as he began to search a bit, stepping gingerly around the snow out of fear he may accidentally crush what could be a viable herb. It was when he heard the other tom padding over that he stopped.

As Muddythorn told him about the daisies, he leaned in to sniff them. To him, it had a slightly sweet scent, and its white petals were certainly hard to detect across the blanket of snow. But, he did his best to commit it to memory. Daisy for the acheys. He thought to himself, creating the small little rhyme to help him remember. "Good to know." He commented, giving a dip of his head before he turned to attempt to detect some other herbs.

Allowing his nose to lower towards the ground, a stronger, calming scent tickled his nose. Twitching his whiskers, he followed it, only to end up at a plant with vibrant, yellow leaves. It looked almost like it was a small sun, contrasting against the snowy ground. Sniffing it further, he lifted his head to search for wherever Muddythorn had opted to search. "I think I found something useful!"

ooc; myrtle found tansy!

Last edited by Kitty on Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: a different path [c]   a different path [c] EmptyFri Mar 11, 2022 9:51 am

The member 'Kitty' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 6

Back to top Go down
khamosa

khamosa

Pisces Rat

PostSubject: Re: a different path [c]   a different path [c] EmptySat Mar 12, 2022 12:44 pm

Muddythorn hurried over at Myrtleturle's call, hopeful the tom had found something useful. And he had, very much so. "That's tansy, great! It's good for all sorts, like coughs and wounds and stuff. A lot of the time it's a pain to find as well. Good job." He was very excited, but before he went off to search for his own herbs, he added, "just take a few stems, so it can continue to grow. That way if we're in desperate need in the future, I know where to find it and there'll still be some left."

With a bit more of a spring in his step then before, Muddythorn left the warrior to continue hunting. He came across a low-lying bush, and on the lower branches, he could push the outer ones out of the way to reveal dark, purple-black berries. Juniper berries. After taking some, he came back from out under the bush. "Juniper berries, for bellyaches and strength." He called to Myrtleturtle.

↣ ↢
↣ ↢

Last edited by khamosa on Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: a different path [c]   a different path [c] EmptySat Mar 12, 2022 12:44 pm

The member 'khamosa' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 4

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: a different path [c]   a different path [c] EmptySat Mar 12, 2022 1:01 pm

The look of excitement upon Muddythorn's face brought pride beneath the younger tom's pelt. He looked at the herb once more, repeating its name mentally. "Tansy... And it's a pansy to find." He mentally noted. The rhymes within his mind would be useful, at least, he hoped. "Daisy for the acheys... tansy is a pansy..." As he carefully plucked off a few of the stems with his maw, he carried them gently to where Muddythorn had left the daisies.

Once more glancing at the medicine cat as he heard what he had to say, the warrior gave a nod. "Got it." He had to pause for a moment to think about just what to rhyme with the berries. "Berries for the belly." He ultimately mentally noted. As he went to search for more herbs, he opted to search near the small strip of water close by. With his nose once more closer to the ground, a familiar scent tinged his nose. A bitter, citrusy scent led him to a shrub that almost reminded him of the daisies. Having been so much with the elders, this plant he knew about once he got a good look. "I'm pretty sure I found feverfew!" He called, gently nipping off some of the leaves. "The elders like this stuff when they're sore... and I bet it also works with fevers?" He asked, his tail twitching hopefully.

Last edited by Kitty on Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: a different path [c]   a different path [c] EmptySat Mar 12, 2022 1:01 pm

The member 'Kitty' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 5

Back to top Go down
khamosa

khamosa

Pisces Rat

PostSubject: Re: a different path [c]   a different path [c] EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 2:34 pm

Muddythorn was certainly impressed with how quickly Myrtleturtle was picking this up. "Yeah, amazing!" He'd started not only finding the herbs, but managing to recall what they did from apprentice duties. Apprentice. The word lingered in his head, and he was reminded of the amount of time Primroselight had pushed him to get an extra pair of paws in the medicine den. It would undoubtably be useful, and he had seen what going without an apprentice for a long time had been difficult for Beechfang. It could be difficult to carry the weight of the whole clan's health, and with someone as good as Myrtleturtle to help him, the whole clan could be better off. That was only if he wanted to, of course.

"Hey, Myrtleturtle?" He asked, deciding to at least put the idea out there. The warrior could take as much time as he need to think about it, but maybe, just maybe, he would be willing. "Have you ever considered becoming a medicine cat?"

↣ ↢
↣ ↢

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: a different path [c]   a different path [c] EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 9:27 pm

Pride swelled in the young tom's chest as he had correctly identified the herb. Going to place it with the rest that he had helped find, he stopped when hearing Muddythorn call the tom's name. Looking away for a moment, the thoughts whirled within his mind. Truth be told, the longer he spent with Muddythorn out collecting herbs, the more part of him seemed to yearn to follow that path. He shook his head in honesty. "I haven't considered it, no," he admitted. Once more, his green gaze seemed to avoid the other tom as a thought popped into his mind. "I wonder if that's what she meant..." He thought out loud. After seeming to get lost in thought for a moment, the young tom finally returned his gaze to the medicine cat before him.

"During my moonstone, I met with a she-cat who was an old SkyClan deputy. She said... if I couldn't find strength as a warrior, I should find another path." His eyes squinted as he attempted to recollect the details. It had been a massive blow to his already slim self-confidence. But this gave him an idea. "I don't like being a warrior - the battles, the hunting, the constant fighting. Do you think... she meant to be a medicine cat?" All it had taken was a gentle nudge for the floodgate of words to spew forth from him. He felt a bit bad for suddenly delving into a small tangent, but couldn't help it. "I've really enjoyed coming to collect herbs with you, and spending time with the queens and elders."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a different path [c]   a different path [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

a different path [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Territory-
Jump to: