Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Hunter [open]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2889

The Hunter [open] Empty
PostSubject: The Hunter [open]   The Hunter [open] EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 22:55

OOC: The title topic is apart of a series of topics that im sure is easily recognizable to see the pattern :) bit of an easter egg

OOC pt 2: Birthday post :) all of my characters are getting special birthday posts, this is Batsongs

Batsong padded out of the windclan camp, mind focused and ready, the clan needed food during this harsh season and she was determined to catch some.

She stalked along the moor of windclan's land, she was hoping to catch a bird so much so that she could give Rosekit (possibly Rosepaw at this point in time... dont worry the timeline is flexible right XD... to help with this I will refer as Rose for remainder of post)  a feather, the young she (Rose) cat had quite a fun collection of things her brother had gotten her and Batsong hoped to add to that collection for her and get her another cool feather to replace the one Rose had lost during the whole hawk incodent, she had held up her end of the deal and not told anyone about that whole insident...

however the more she thought about it she was not so sure if it had been such a good idea to tell Rose about her love for Slightpaw the skyclan apprentice and soon to be warrior she imagined.  She was not worried that Rose would tell anyone but still, was it fair to Rose to make her keep secrets??

At the time it had seemed like a good idea, to calm her down from the near death experiecnce with the hawk and let her have a secret just as Batsong had a secret of Rose's about her time out of camp.

She shook her head trying to refocus on the hunt... thinking about all this was getting her no where closer to finding a nice bird feather for Rose.

Just as luck would have it, a bluebird landed a ways away from her, it was picking at the ground looking for any form of food... good luck bird... the ground was pretty hard so it was going to be tough for the little thing... hmm well that would let her sneak up easier she figured.

Crouching low she crept forward stalking the clueless bluebird... oh its feathers were so pretty and would make Rose so happy she figured.

She leapt suddenly for it!

Batsong missed!

The bird saw her approach at the last minute and with a couple quick flaps of its wings it got away! as her paws brushed against it but not cuasing enough damage to take the bird back down to the ground...

She sighed... aww man... great going Batsong she thought to herself frustrated.

However as a silver lining to the missed food opportunity, a single blue feather fell off of the bird as it made its escape and floated down to the ground in front of Batsong.

w-ww...well would you look at t-t-...that she spoke aloud to herself grinning. She tucked it behind her ear next to the white feather taht Slightpaw had given her, she would give this blue one to Rose next time she saw her.

More Swiftheart

Last edited by swiftheart on Fri 11 Feb 2022 - 22:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15129

The Hunter [open] Empty
PostSubject: The Hunter [open]   The Hunter [open] EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 22:55

The member 'swiftheart' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

The Hunter [open] Mistpe10
The Hunter [open] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

The Hunter [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunter [open]   The Hunter [open] EmptyTue 15 Feb 2022 - 10:43

The ginger tom wasn't usually invested much in meeting and chatting with his clanmates. He was too busy trying to participate in every patrol he could in order to provide for his clan and family. However, when he caught the dark-furred she-cat leaving the camp alone, he was worried. Fawnsong stretched his body and yawned before walking out of the camp to make sure the she-cat was okay.

At first, the warrior remained at a reasonable distance, hoping to not disturb the she-cat's stroll. Maybe she just wants to be alone He thought as he watched her behind a large rock that managed to hide him in the open moor. A blue shape caught his attention... and Batsong's too. The orange and white tom lowered his body and watched, rooting for Batsong to catch that bird. But luck wasn't on her side. By the time the dark-furred molly leapt towards the animal, the bird was already aware of her presence and it quickly flapped its wings to fly away. Luckily, Fawnsong was there for a second chance. Swiftly, he rushed to the flying animal who was too focused on Batsong to notice his own presence. Fawnsong leapt as high as he could in an attempt to catch the bluebird midair...

His paws felt the shape of the bird who chirped in panic. Without a second of hesitation, the tom unsheathed his claws and dragged the bird down with him. Using the fall, Fawsong trapped the bird under his body and quickly ended its life with a quick bite on the neck. The young warrior then approached his clanmate with the freshly-killed prey on his jaws. "I believe this is yours, Batsong." He mewed after dropping the animal in front of her. "Sorry to follow you. I got worried a predator could catch you alone like me when I was an apprentice. If you don't mind, we can hunt together. It seems to have worked just fine with this bluebird." Fawnsong wasn't good with conversations and he remained with a serious and stoic expression on his face. In his mind, it just made sense to hunt together. They had better chances to both hunt and defend each other in case of danger.

Fawnsong attempted to catch a Bird, using 7 stamina. The catch was successful!

Fawnsong
73/80 SP

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
The Hunter [open] Signat14

Last edited by Jay Bird on Tue 15 Feb 2022 - 10:48; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

The Hunter [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunter [open]   The Hunter [open] EmptyTue 15 Feb 2022 - 10:43

The member 'Jay Bird' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 1

The Hunter [open] Sig2
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

The Hunter [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunter [open]   The Hunter [open] EmptyTue 15 Feb 2022 - 11:58

Batsong jumped slightly as a flash of orange ran past her vision in a blur...she caught it out of the corner of her eye so she wasnt sure of what it was at first was that a fox coming at her!?

She arched her back defensively spinning to face the possible threat.

That is when she recognized her clanmate Fawnsong, who had just caught the bluebird.  She grinned widely and relaxed lowering her back.

She did not know the warrior super well but knew of his brother scorchpaw who was a good friend of hers.

(I am assuming Scorchpaw and Fawnsong are brothers... I believe this is correct and I thought I read it somewhere but ignore that bit if not)

she purred at his impressive catch and jump into the air N-n..n .... nice c-cc.catch she stuttered as her usual.

(Batsong has always had a speech impediment since being a kit, it was worsened after her parents died when she was a young apprentice)

The shy she cat nodded happily I w-would love to h-hunt with you! she stuttered happily nodding.

She let out a little giggle nodding yeah it w-w-worked pretty good indeed... w-w--we make a good team she quietly added on.  She was not a loudspoken cat and was pretty shy at first, but once she got to know cats she opened up more.

Batsong was happy to have a hunting partner and she nodded happily at his question of invite.

(I am going to assume that at this point in time it is common knowledge that Fawnsong will become the next medicne cat ... mostly cause it gives interesting conversation and I dont think it hurts the timeline all that much)

"A-a...are you excited to become the next m-m...medicine cat apprentice?" she asked him tilting her head curiously.

"Wh-w-when I was just a kit Dovefrost took me out on an h-herb hunt... It was alot of f-fun."  she told him.

Batsong had long considered that she may have actually been a better medicine cat than a warrior, her sympathy and compassion far outweighed her willingness to fight or encage in battle.  She still of course would fight to protect her clan but she did not enjoy it the way she thought most warriors might.

The taking in of Theron was an example of this, she could not stand to see any cat in pain or suffering and wished to inflict that on no one.  She sometimes daydreamed of becomeing medicne cat, they were protectors of their clan, and did not have to fight (only in self defense)...

She shook her these thoughts from her head... no that was not her path not in this lifetime anyways... and besides... Medicine cats were forbiden from love... something Batsong was already dangerously breaking the rules on with her feelings of Slightpaw of Skyclan.  A medicine cat in a forbidding relationship would get her into loads of trouble if discovered... even more trouble than if it was discovered while she was a warrior which would already be bad enough.

They walked along a little ways together before she spotted a hare nearby.  She grinned and pointed to it with her tail, dropping low she stalked the hare getting closer and closer to the for now oblivious animal.

(rolling dice here)

Unfortunatly the hare was scared off... she titled her head confused she had not made a sound or caused anything that would give herself away... Then she saw the shaddow pass over her and her hair raised on edge, blood running cold with fear... Eagle and it was circling overhead coming down fast! The Eagles initial target had been the hare as well but seeing as how it vanished into its hiding burrow it switched targets and swooped down at the black molly Batsong instead!

Eagle used Swoop targeting Batsong for 9 dmg 15 sp

Batsong screamed in pain as the sharp talons dug into her ... she seemed to be having a very unlucky hunting trip... she was glad now more than ever that Fawnsong was here now though.

Focusing on the enemy she twisted free of its grasped and leapt up biting it!

Batsong used snap dealing 7 dmg 7 sp

Eagle:
33 hp / 110 sp

Batsong:
21 hp / 73 sp

More Swiftheart

Last edited by swiftheart on Tue 15 Feb 2022 - 12:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

The Hunter [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunter [open]   The Hunter [open] EmptyTue 15 Feb 2022 - 11:58

The member 'swiftheart' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9

The Hunter [open] Sig2
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

The Hunter [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunter [open]   The Hunter [open] EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 8:57

OOC: Just so you know, in-character Fawnsong isn't elected yet to be a medicine cat apprentice. A plot will happen for him to become a MCA and since it involves him getting mauled and staying in camp for a period in time, let's make this topic "before" his MCA training start :3 For now, he is just a regular warrior hehe
And about Scorch and Fawn being brothers, you're absolutely right ;D

IC:

Though the tom could notice the clear stuttering of the molly, he decided not to comment about it. Instead, he just lifted his tail in a friendly manner and forced a little, friendly smirk to create a more relaxed environment for his clanmate. "Yeah. Together we will have better luck. You guide the way and I'll follow along." He usually was one to lead in patrols because of his eagerness to start hunting but today... he felt like it would be better for Batsong's sake to let her take the lead.

When the ginger warrior was about to ask about the feathers on her dark pelt, the she-cat shifted her focus to a nearby hare. Without a word, Fawnsong hid in the snow and stayed still, waiting for the molly to strike. However, a dark silhouette crossed over the snow surrounding Batsong. He knew that shape very well... Panicked, the warrior stood up quickly and shouted. "BATSONG! WATCH OUT!" But his warning was a late one. In a flash, the eagle had grabbed the dark molly in an attempt to take her away. Hissing, the tom rushed to reach the eagle before it was out of reach. Luckily, Batsong reacted quickly and managed to bite the predator bird. Taking advantage of the injury slowing down its fly, the ginger warrior leapt and aimed his fangs for the throat of the bird. With the weight of both cats, they quickly landed on the snow. Extending his legs as far as he could, the Fawnsong pinned the eagle while continuing bitinf the bird's neck.

Fawnsong used Leap-and-Hold, dealing 7 damage and using 15 stamina. Eagle is pinned for 1 turn.

Eagle
26/40 SP (33 - 7)
110/125 SP

Batsong
21/30 HP
73/80 SP

Fawnsong
30/30 HP
66/80 SP (73 - 7)

Last edited by Jay Bird on Wed 16 Feb 2022 - 8:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

The Hunter [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunter [open]   The Hunter [open] EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 8:57

The member 'Jay Bird' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 2

The Hunter [open] Sig2
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

The Hunter [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunter [open]   The Hunter [open] EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 14:06

OOC: ahh ok... forget i said anything about you being a med cat then haha :)

Batsong caught her breath for a moment she shook from the fear and thought that she had been tried to be carried off by the giant predator. Everything was happening so fast! Before she knew it, Fawnsong had the eagle grounded, pinning it to the ground.  She ran over to it and bit at it again.
Batsong used snap dealing 7 dmg 7 sp
The eagle flapped about trying to get out from the pin using all its strength it did manage to break free but could not immediately attack as Batsong had smacked it and it was still getting its bearings

OOC: I forgot about our passive ability to avoid damage and since we are on the moor open territory I am adding 1 hp back to Batsong.

The eagle has broken the pin but cannot attack this turn.

Eagle
19/40 SP ( - 7) No longer pinned
110/125 SP

Batsong
22/30 HP (+1 forgot about the ability we get)
59/80 SP

Fawnsong
30/30 HP
66/80 SP (73 - 7)

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

The Hunter [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunter [open]   The Hunter [open] EmptyFri 18 Feb 2022 - 3:14

OOC: Oh, shoot! I forgot about that passive WC ability too haha

IC:
The eagle was stronger than expected despite its wounds. The young warrior was unable to hold it against the ground for too long and his claws were swiftly removed from the bird's flesh. Still, the ginger tom managed to land on his paws and continue his strike. If the two of them managed to beat the eagle down, they could bring it back to Windclan. Though eagle's meat was less tasty, it was still food. Right after Batsong, the tom rushed towards the bird and a bit one of its wings. He quickly slashed the predator's face before releasing his grasp. He locked eyes with his clanmate and shouted: Finish it!

Fawnsong used Snap, followed by Swift Strike, dealing 7 + 5 damage and costing 7 + 10 stamina.

Eagle
7/40 HP (- 12)
110/125 SP

Batsong
22/30 HP
59/80 SP

Fawnsong
30/30 HP
49/80 SP