Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Chatting or Training? [CLOSED]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

Chatting or Training? [CLOSED] Empty
PostSubject: Chatting or Training? [CLOSED]   Chatting or Training? [CLOSED] EmptySat 5 Feb 2022 - 8:10

Mallowpaw's excitement had been extremely hard to contain after her apprentice ceremony. Almost immediately, the young she-cat had gone to bombarding the other apprentices to learn more about what they would be taught. Admittedly, a few of them wanted to cuff her muzzle to shut her up, but Mallowpaw really didn't mind. Going to seek out her mentor Tinypool, Mallowpaw's tail twitched with excitement. "Hi Tinypool! What will we be learning today?" She asked. It was only polite to know the subject before bombarding her mentor with a thousand questions on the matter.

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Chatting or Training? [CLOSED]   Chatting or Training? [CLOSED] EmptyMon 7 Feb 2022 - 12:15

First day of training. Tinypool could barely sleep thinking about where they should start. Hunting? Battle? Maybe just explore the territory? So many possibilities and so little time. The dark-furred she-cat stretched her body and finally left the warriors den to meet her apprentice. Mallowpaw quickly came to her with an excited look on her face. "Glad to see you excited, Mallowpaw! As for today I will start by showing you the Beech Copse and then we can start trying some hunting. Depending on how we go, maybe we can do something you like." She purred.

With a twitch of her tail, the small warrior signalled her apprentice to follow her into Riverclan territory. Memories of her first time leaving camp with Perchfall flooded her mind as she looked back at the younger molly.

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
Chatting or Training? [CLOSED] Signat14
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Chatting or Training? [CLOSED]   Chatting or Training? [CLOSED] EmptyMon 7 Feb 2022 - 18:35

The young apprentice dipped her head excitedly as her mentor noted her excitement. It was great to start the day off rested - it meant she had the most energy to learn. "The Beech Copse? That's where there are a lot of trees, right?" She prompted, trying to test her knowledge from what she had squeezed out of the other cats. She padded excitedly behind her mentor, her blue gaze eagerly taking in her surroundings. It was amazing to finally be going beyond the walls of camp and actually get to see just what all she had heard about. "Hopefully I'll be able to catch something! What is your favorite prey to eat? Her questions continued as she followed, her tail raised high with joy.

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Chatting or Training? [CLOSED]   Chatting or Training? [CLOSED] EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 12:45

Tinypool was worried about her nervous and quiet personality would get in her way of becoming a good mentor but it didn't seem like it. Strangely, the excitement and curiosity of the young Mallowpaw motivated her. As they walked side by side, she attempted to answer all of the apprentice's question. "That's right. The Beech Copse is a little different from the rest of Riverclan territory since it is filled with trees and just a few streams coming from the river. But it is a great place to practice hunting."

Though the dark-furred she-cat kept her eyes on the path to their destination, a smile drew on her face when Mallowpaw showed some interest in her. "Prey is low during this season but I'm sure you will catch something today. I willhelp you with that. An regarding my favorite prey... as a regular Riverclan cat fish is my favorite but once I got the chance to taste a rabbit. It was different but tasty as well."

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Chatting or Training? [CLOSED]   Chatting or Training? [CLOSED] EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 15:12

Mallowpaw felt relief as her mentor seemed to be unbothered by her amount of questioning. Her curiosity knew no bounds, and to have a mentor that didn't want to silence her when it would be so easy to... it was rather nice. "There isn't a lot of prey because it's cold, right?" The apprentice confirmed. It made sense to her - why would these little creatures want to be out in the harsh leafbare?

Tilting her head, Mallowpaw looked at her mentor with her large blue eyes. "You've had rabbit? That's so cool!" She purred excitedly. As the pair arrived to the Beech Copse, Mallowpaw padded around excitedly. "Wow, it's so neat!" Amazement filled her young voice as her gaze seemed to float upwards, studying the trees and how it changed the skyline. "Have you ever tried to climb one of these, Tinypool?"

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Chatting or Training? [CLOSED]   Chatting or Training? [CLOSED] EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 14:13

Tinypool answered with an affirmative nod. "That's right. The cold and the snow makes our pery either hide or die. It is a harsh season for all living things and we are all trying our best to survive." She mewed, remembering her encounter with the misterious Atalante, the rogue she met in the Fourtrees while hunting.

As they approached their destination, reeds were replaced with small bushes and trees, such as beechs and willow trees. The snow and the scent of moss on their path were the only things unchanged. In no time, they arrived to the Beech Copse center. The air was filled with Riverclan's scent due to the common training sessions that happened in this place.

Before the dark-furred warrior could even turn her head and speak to her apprentice, the young molly had already another question to ask. A nostalgic smile appeared in Tinypool's muzzle and she purred. "You know? I asked something really similar to my mentor when I was just like you: an apprentice on her first day of training. She said to me Riverclan cats do not really learn how to climb but that if I wanted, I could give a try. As a warrior I have had more time to try climbing. I'm no Skyclanner, of course, but if you want to, I can teach what I have learnt once we finish our huntring lesson."

The small she-cat took a few steps back and kept her eyes on Malllowpaw. With a swift motion of her tail, she indicated the apprentice to sit downfor the tips she was going to give her. "As you might well know, Riverclan survives obecause we use fish as our main source of food. In general, fish is available most of the time but sometimes during leaf-bare the river freezes or it flows too fast. During those occassions, fishing is not reccommended, not even for experienced warriors. Thus, it is important for us to know the basics of land hunting." The young warrior took a pause to lift her head and snif the air around. Though faint, she could sense the presence of some rodents and frogs nearby. "Now, I want you to watch me very closely. First, you need to track down your prey. Recognize their scent, follow it and look down at the ground. If it is a rodent, a rabbit, squirrel or toad you will see footprints that could guide you to your objective."

The black she-cat then started to walk away from Mallowpaw, following the tracks of what seemed to be a frog. Slowly and making sure to not make a noise with her steps, she approached a bush next to a Beech tree. Her blueish eyes identified the small green animal drinking water from a puddle just a few paws away. Tinypool then looked back at her apprentice and without a word, she said with her mouth: "Look at me".

She then returned her attention to where the frog was. Bending her haunches, Tinypool lowered her body and prepare herself to jump. However, a small movement on her side distracted the young warrior. From the corner of her eye, a pair of two oraneg eyeballs emerged from a bush covered in snow. The sudden smell of blood reached Tinypool's nose and she quickly stood up, arching her back and unsheathing her claws. With a growl, rather young and scrawny fox made its appearance. Saliva came out of the hungry animal as it approached Tinypool, who was ready to fight. In her panic, the young warrior looked at Mallowpaw to tell her to run and that was her mistake. The fox took advantage of her distraction and leapt towards her. Tinypool tried to dodge the animal but its jaws managed to close around her back. Pain rushed through Tinypool's body but she couldn't paralyze. Ignoring the injury, she trashed hard enough for the fox to let her go and without a second to pause, the small warrior managed to run under the predator and trap its tail with her teeth. Pulling as hard as she could, Tinypool managed to throw the fox out of balance. The large animal fell on its side yelping and growling.

She knew she wouldn't be able to outrun the predator with her injury. And if this hungry fox was to remain in the Beech Copse, then an apprentice could get hurt. It was her duy now to scare the fox away. The Riverclan warrior turned her head to Mallowpaw and shouted her. "I need you to slash its belly with your claws unsheathed! I will stand between you and him! I won't let it hurt you but I need your claws right now!"

A fox has appeared!
Fox used Iron Bite on Tinypool, dealing 17 damage and using 30 stamina.
Tinypool used Tail Yank, dealing 7 damage and using 15 stamina. Fox is stunned for one turn

Fox
53/60 HP (60 - 7)
150/180 SP (180 - 30)

Tinypool
13/30 HP (30 - 17)
65/80 SP (80 - 15)

Mallowpaw
20/20 HP
60/60 SP

Last edited by Jay Bird on Sat 12 Feb 2022 - 14:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15033

PostSubject: Re: Chatting or Training? [CLOSED]   Chatting or Training? [CLOSED] EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 14:13

The member 'Jay Bird' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8

Chatting or Training? [CLOSED] Mistpe10
Chatting or Training? [CLOSED] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Chatting or Training? [CLOSED]   Chatting or Training? [CLOSED] EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 15:32

Mallowpaw had nodded in response to her mentor's comments, becoming keenly attentive to her movements as she went to demonstrate the moves to her. She took a spot within the snow, allowing her maw to open in an attempt to follow the scents that her mentor was demonstrating. It wasn't until Tinypool had begun to follow the trail of the frog had she noticed, and she gave a small nod back to her mentor upon her mouthing the words. The silver-kissed apprentice was confused when Tinypool's attention diverted away from the obvious prey, only to hiss at a predator.

Mallowpaw saw the fox only once its jaws clasped around her mentor, causing the young molly to yowl in terror. Any fighting instinct within the apprentice was instantly activated at that moment, and Tinypool's call to her only pushed her into action.

Racing over, the apprentice unsheated her claws. With a hiss, the young, fury-filled cat slashed violently at the exposed belly of the fox. It was as if she had seen red, and both protective and fighting instincts were unleashed like a violent force. After her claws hit enough resistance, and her paws ached from the force she was using, she backed up towards her mentor, her back arching and body fluffing to defend her mentor - and herself.

"Go away, you filthy animal!" The amount of venom in the young molly's voice was extremely uncharacteristic for her - but it was part of the Warrior Code. She would defend her Clanmates, no matter what it took.

Mallowpaw used Front Paw Strike and Desperate Blows! The Fox took 10 damage, and Mallowpaw spent 14 stamina.

Fox
43/60 HP (-10 HP)
150/180 SP

Tinypool
13/30 HP
65/80 SP

Mallowpaw
20/20 HP
46/60 SP (-14 SP)

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Chatting or Training? [CLOSED]   Chatting or Training? [CLOSED] EmptyMon 14 Feb 2022 - 13:01

Despite the pain and fear rushing through Tinypool's body, she felt proud of Mallowpaw. Despite her young age and lack of experience, the apprentice had no hesitation in jumping into battle to help her out. She has the heart of a true warrior... She thought standing up the best she could with her injuries.

The warrior was small but just like Mallowpaw, she had courage. Her pupil was a barely visible slit staring directly into the yelping animal who was about to stand up and attack again. With a deep growl, the short molly rushed towards the fox and jumped right at its face. Her claws sunk into the predator's head. The Riverclan she-cat then bit the animal's right eye, making it scream in pain and anger. The eye liquid mixed with the blood and fur made her want to vomit but she couldn't let go. For her apprentice's sake... Tinypool was ready to jump right into the mouth of a wolf -in this case, a fox- just for a chance to blind it.

Fox is stunned for this turn. Tinypool used Snap on Fox, dealing 7 damage and costing 7 stamina.

Fox
36/60 HP (-7 HP)
150/180 SP

Tinypool
13/30 HP
58/80 SP (-7 SP)

Mallowpaw
20/20 HP
46/60 SP

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Chatting or Training? [CLOSED]   Chatting or Training? [CLOSED] EmptyMon 14 Feb 2022 - 15:22

Mallowpaw watched as her mentor went to blind the fox, her ear flicking as it yelped loudly in pain. She was already panting, a strong indication of how inexperienced she was at combat, but it seemed like Tinypool at least showed a glimmer of pride in her. After taking a moment to recouperate her energy, the apprentice was ready to lash out yet again. Mallowpaw wasn't about to allow this fox to win the fight. After all, they had picked the wrong opponent. Mallowpaw was ready to make sure that they knew they had made a fatal mistake.

Her claws once more unsheathed, and she launched once more at the fox. This time, her claws launched at its side, sinking deep into the tender flesh. Its continued yelps certainy showed that Mallowpaw had found a good place to strike, and if it wasn't getting the message now, it better be soon.

Mallowpaw used Front Paw Strike, causing the Fox 6 points of damage and costing 7 points of stamina.
Fox
30/60 HP (-6 HP)
150/180 SP

Tinypool
13/30 HP
58/80 SP

Mallowpaw
20/20 HP
39/60 SP (-7 SP)

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Chatting or Training? [CLOSED]   Chatting or Training? [CLOSED] EmptyTue 15 Feb 2022 - 10:17

Thanks to Mallowpaw aid, the fox was distracted enough for Tinypool to clamp her fangs harder around the fox's eyes. With a final thrash of the predator's head, the warrior was thrown away. She barely managed to land on her paws but the sight of the fox's eye just a few paws away from where she landed made her smile. Thanks to Starclan, her plan worked. The hungry, young fox was now scared and quickly but clumsily ran away from the two she-cats.

Though the young black molly was used to battling, she was panting just like Mallowpaw. The injuries were starting to take their toll and she knew it was best for her to come back in order to not get an infection. Tinypool laid down and rolled in order to use the snow to alleviate the pain and clean the open wound. Once she was back on her paws, she turned her sight to Mallowpaw. With a tired but proud smile, she mewed. "That was really brave, Mallowpaw. Even though we have to come back to camp empty-handed, I don't think this first day of training was a waste at all. You were in your first real fight. Moreover, you fought like a true warrior. I'm proud of you." Lovingly, the she-cat lifted her right paw to pat the apprentice's head. "I couldn't ask for a better apprentice. Don't ever lose your spark and curiosity. It will get you far."

Before the warrior could continue, she flinched at a sudden and painful twinge on her back. "Now, let's get back to camp together. We don't want to encounter another predator in this state." The injured warrior then started working, limping a bit but managing to move at a reasonable speed. Soon, they will be under the safety of their camp.

Fox has ran away

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Chatting or Training? [CLOSED]   Chatting or Training? [CLOSED] EmptyTue 15 Feb 2022 - 16:53

Mallowpaw watched as the fox finally opted to run away, her tail fluffing up in defense as she took a few bounds towards it, swatting at it with her claws and a final defensive hiss. She wasn't about to let the fox forget its lesson, as all of her fight mode had been engaged. It wasn't until the creature was out of her reasonable reach that she finally allowed it to scamper off to wherever it would go, probably to die due to its injuries.

It was the sound of Tinypool rolling in the snow that Mallowpaw finally was pulled from her hyperfocused state, her tail going straight up as she quickly rushed over to try and help support her mentor. It was a miracle from StarClan that Mallowpaw hadn't taken any of the damage, but part of her certainly felt wrong that her mentor had sustained it all. She dipped her head at her mentor's compliment. "Thank you, Tinypool... but are you alright?" Concern narrowed the apprentice's eye slightly as the scent of blood tinged her nose.

Upon watching Tinypool flinch, she moved her body to be directly next to her mentors. It was rather fascinating to see how they already seemed to be the same height. "I'll stay beside you, in case you need a bit of help." She meowed, wanting to be as much of support as she could.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chatting or Training? [CLOSED]   Chatting or Training? [CLOSED] Empty

Back to top Go down

Chatting or Training? [CLOSED]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Territory :: Beech Copse-
Jump to: