Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

January Gathering 2022

Go down 
+27
Arcana
Chickenwing
ginger
Sun
rhindon
RainyHeart
Maple
kjSage
Alex
Tara
Moths in the Sky
Ash
Memories
downfive
Stags
Rush
khamosa
cocoa
sprout
Lapis
Reaper King
Grey
Lilystorm
Legacy
Gellybean
MediocreCrisis
speedy
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

January Gathering 2022 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Gathering 2022   January Gathering 2022 - Page 5 EmptyMon 10 Jan 2022 - 20:31

Orchidmask walked near Newtspring as SkyClan settled into the Gathering and began to mingle, however she wasn't in much of a mood to chat with much of anybody.  Sitting down next to the dappled tom she watched the Great Rock as the leaders began their meeting, listening half-heartedly.  She would much rather be back in camp, perhaps working, perhaps sleeping.  Regardless, she would be here to support SkyClan no matter what; her presence mattered more than her conversation skills.

Basilbloom slugged at the back of ShadowClan's group, not for lack of excitement but simply because she was exhausted. There had been many preparations to make in the days leading up to the impending herb patrol, and she had taken care of most of them. For now, she just wanted to check in with the other medicine cats and see how they were feeling about their upcoming journey. Catching sight of Dovefrost, Cloverheart, and Muddythorn, and sat down with them, and purred. "Hello! I can't believe we're only a few days from leaving, crazy huh? I'm ready though, I keep smelling the flower on the breeze, it's driving me up the wall!" Laughing, the tortoiseshell she-cat kept one ear turned towards the leaders, wondering why her mother or Bloodstar hadn't mentioned the trip. Everyone would know about it soon, but she didn't mind. Whatever they thought was best.

Ashflight followed RiverClan into the Gathering, keeping one eye on Otterpaw as his apprentice trotted off into the crowd. He had no doubt that the confident tom would find someone to chat with, and have the good sense to keep clan affairs to himself. The stocky gray tom took a seat near the front of the crowd so he could see, listening intently to Murkystar and Bloodstar's announcements. They were basically the same; it seemed all the clans were keeping their secrets close to their chests in this harsh season.

Orchidmask is open to talk to, but has her grumpy face on
Basilbloom is speaking to the medicine cats
Ashflight is open to talk to

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: January Gathering 2022   January Gathering 2022 - Page 5 EmptyTue 11 Jan 2022 - 5:09

Tinypaw was a little unsatisfied with Hollyleaf's answer but she didn't show it. After all, it wasn't her job to know how other clans lived. Maybe... in another gathering she could speak to another clan and find the answer her curiosity demanded her to know.

Before she could speak again, the dark warrior seemed to be distracted by something... or rather someone speaking to her mentor, Perchfall. Her greenish gaze tried to identify the unknown cat and, after squinting her eyes, the molly recognized her as another Riverclan apprentice, Beaverpaw. She couldn't recall if he was one of Perchfall's apprentices but by the deputy's look, she didn't seem too pleased with his company. Hollyleaf quickly caught up to Perchfall's discomfort and went to fetch Beaverpaw.

After she arrived, Hollyleaf's question caught Tinypaw off guard. "Training has been fine. I don't think Perchfall like me very much but at least I'm learning from her. A few days she..." Tinypaw suddenly stopped her words, memories coming back to her like a flood. Her green eyes looked down to her paws, remembering what happened to Bumblepaw just a few nights before. "Perchfall was showing me the territory when... Bumblepaw fell into the river..." She mewed with a trembling voice.

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
January Gathering 2022 - Page 5 Signat14
Back to top Go down
rhindon

rhindon

Characters : [E]mberleap ♂ | [F]lywhisker ⚧ | [A]thena ♀
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1681

PostSubject: Re: January Gathering 2022   January Gathering 2022 - Page 5 EmptyTue 11 Jan 2022 - 12:18

Not even a spider could sneak into a Gathering unnoticed. Still, when something approached at the edge of his vision, Emberleap whipped around as if it were a badger sneaking up on him rather than a fellow cat, only relaxing when he registered the damp, fishy smell filling his nose. RiverClan, it had to be. He could count the number of RiverClanners he’d met on one paw (in fact, he wouldn’t even need a paw), but their scent was unmistakable. The cat, who had introduced himself as Robinpatch, looked well above warrior age… Old enough to understand what the scar on Emberleap’s shoulder meant.

If Robinpatch’s expression held any hostility, Emberleap couldn’t find it. Not that he was trying particularly hard. Easing into a smile, the mottled tom abandoned his search. Talking to ShadowClan cats was such a gamble these days; he wanted to forget that, if only for a few minutes. “Oh—go ahead.” He cleared a space nearby with a hasty paw. “Though I’m probably going to keep, uh, walking for a bit. My pelt’s not really cut out for the cold season; it’s warmer this way.”

With that, he resumed his shuffling, leaving twin trails in the snow. “My name’s Emberleap—and you’re right, I’m from ShadowClan. It makes it a lot easier to wake up on time for these, that’s for sure.” And he was already rambling. No matter how badly he wanted to talk to cats from other Clans (well, some other Clans), he hadn’t done it enough to learn the rules. Emberleap paused to tilt his head. “How are things in RiverClan, anyway? I don’t know a lot of cats there, since we don’t share a border…”

Outsider Rogue I                                

disadvantaged stats active                                          
Flywhisker [40/100]
RiverClan Warrior II

Emberleap [70/160]
                               ShadowClan Warrior V

Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Characters : Turtlefur, Goldenstar, Lynxpetal, Creekpaw, Lightningpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior, WindClan Leader, SkyClan Queen RiverClan Apprentice, WindClan Apprentice
Sagittarius Tiger
Number of posts : 8190

PostSubject: Re: January Gathering 2022   January Gathering 2022 - Page 5 EmptyTue 11 Jan 2022 - 13:05

"…you will be known as Goldenfang. With every show of your fangs, you show just how far you are willing to go for your Clan. WindClan honors your tenacity and enthusiasm and we welcome you…”

The WindClan deputy stepped forward with a calm, relaxed expression. Lilacstar’s words were still murmuring in her head when she began her announcements. “Daystar is tending to an injury at camp, so I have the honor of representing WindClan tonight,” Goldenfang began, eyes tracing the crowd to find the newest apprentices. “I am pleased to announce the safe return of our former medicine cat, Hentooth, though she is no longer serving in that capacity. I’d like to publicly thank Dovefrost for taking on Berrypaw’s training.” She glanced down at the white medicine cat. A service of goodwill deserved to be acknowledged.

“WindClan also welcomes more kits into our fold, healthy despite the difficult season. Our newest apprentices are Hawkpaw, Lightningpaw, Coyotepaw, Daisypaw, and Breezepaw.” Her smile was growing wider, prouder, as she carried on. Several of those apprentices were her own children, and besides that, she was glad to present good news. They needed it.

Goldenfang paused for a moment before coming to her next point of business. “An apprentice of ours, Dreampaw, has disappeared under unknown circumstances. They were last seen at home less than half a moon ago. Please keep a lookout for a young calico with green eyes and a claw mark on the bridge of their nose. We appreciate any news brought forth, and I close WindClan’s news with the hope that we all find health and guidance in this difficult lead-bare.”

Goldenfang returned to her spot, its meager warmth nearly gone from her absence. Hopefully someone would have news. Even if they hadn’t seen the apprentice, they would know what to look out for. StarClan would have to do the rest.

Sun // Living Characters // Deceased Characters
January Gathering 2022 - Page 5 713E5771-31B2-4EA8-B75F-EC3A67DB4C32
Turtlefur || Tom || RiverClan T5 Warrior || Requirements || #cc9900
Goldenstar || She-cat || WindClan T5 Leader || Requirements || burlywood
Lynxpetal || She-cat || SkyClan Queen || darkblue
Lightningpaw || Tom || WindClan Apprentice || #dfd47e
Creekpaw || She-cat || RiverClan Apprentice || #4c5682
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

Characters : Mintpool of Thunderclan | Hollyshine of Skyclan | Cinderkit of Shadowclan
Number of posts : 687

PostSubject: Re: January Gathering 2022   January Gathering 2022 - Page 5 EmptyWed 12 Jan 2022 - 18:38

Hollypaw entered the Gathering a distance back from the others. She… wasn’t that interested in being in the middle of a bunch of… um, kinda scary warriors again. And I think I can make a decent impression looking fierce from here just fine.

Like last time, it was quite busy, full of the scents of mingling cats. It was cold enough Hollypaw was tempted to go closer…

But it was only the sight of a familiar pale tabby that made her consider it

Icepaw. Part of Holly wanted to cringe, and dart behind a grizzled older warrior, looking too distracted to notice. But that would be… admitting she was afraid, or wrong, and she wasn’t!! But now that my head’s on straight I’m sure I’ll make a better impression.

Neither her or Wasp had mentioned anything about her impromptu scuffle, but Hollypaw hadn’t forgotten. (She… maybe… thought of it too often.) After a shake of her fur, fluffing it up for warmth, the Skyclan apprentice deftly made her way through several cats until she was beside the pale tabby.

...only to realize the molly wasn’t alone, and she had several younger apprentices with her. Riverclan brats? she thought, uncomfortable. As an older apprentice, she was seemingly running into the littler ones all the time these days. But I suppose it’s fine.

It was too late to not say anything, after all.

”Hey, Icepaw,” she mewed lightly, green eyes evaluating the other two sitting beside them. They seemed bright-eyed, even if one of them seemed… distraught. Oh no! I’m not qualified for that kind of thing! “...and you two. I’m Hollypaw. Um, you all right there? I’m sure you are, just. Uh.”

It felt so painfully awkward but… the apprentice seemed so tiny, like she could just barely be a kit still. Am I supposed to say something?! She’s not from my Clan! I don’t know her!

——

Ratpaw kept quietly behind his mentor most of the journey. Unlike his first trip here, he found it surprisingly easy to keep up. The moon shone brightly as they walked, and of the Clans, he supposed the hour was easiest for them.

Perhaps he should have stayed in camp… but Ratpaw had wanted to come. It would be his first Gathering since the skirmish with Windclan — since his recovery — and… Perhaps it had been an accident, and not something they needed to dwell over. But Ratpaw wanted to apologize.

’I’m sorry for taking your tail off?’ he thought. How do I really expect that to go?

The young tom recalled his brief interaction with the Windclan apprentice. And… the screaming.

...perhaps not well.

But it was the right thing. He hadn’t spoken to Webshadow about it, or his grandmother. But there was something he was considering, about what they had said. And that was that, no matter what, what he did to Mistypaw — it wasn’t right. It might have been a fight for territory, but… they weren’t rogues.

He at least owed the molly an apology.

I’ll never do something like that again, he’d promised. And Ratpaw would hold himself to it. Ears forward, as steady as he could be, Ratpaw entered the sea of cats.

It… wasn’t easy, as a relatively small tom, to find another relatively small molly. But he thought he saw her grey fur…?

Oh. And… also that large, brown tabby. The one he and Burningwing had fought; who had chosen to let him go. He seemed so cheerful, this time — such a contrast — but Ratpaw knew, to some extent, he had respect for the cats he was fighting. Like— Ratpaw thought a bit nervously. —I would like to prove.

Ratpaw was also reassured to see that… well, they both seemed fed. Thin, like most all cats these seasons, but… not sickly, like he’d feared after Windclan had lost the Hidden Outcropping.

The sight of Mistypaw’s face made him freeze, though, when he thought of getting closer.

Come on. Be brave, Ratpaw, he told himself. You knew she’d probably scream at you anyway. But the presence of her large, one-eared Clanmate made things much more intimidating.

Not wanting to draw it out, Ratpaw grit his teeth and stepped out from behind another cat, trying to get his words in before they hissed him away. “Mistypaw, Timbersun. You’re — you’re looking well,” he began, the small tom feeling nervous beside a cat much bigger than him. “Since I last saw you — I mean, your tail… I’m glad it’s healed well. And I know you’d rather not talk to me, so I won’t say much, but I just wanted to say I’m sorry. It was out of line, for that kind of fight. I shouldn’t have hurt you that badly.”

And with that, Ratpaw’s ears flattened — bracing himself for more screaming, or maybe claws. (Not that he thought Timbersun would allow it, at a time of truce, but…)

Hollypaw is talking to Hollyleaf, Tinypaw, and Creekpaw.

Ratpaw is talking to Mistypaw and Timbersun.

Mintkit is at home, curled up with her siblings and soundly asleep. <3

Mintpool | Thunderclan T3 Warrior | 45/90 | Shamrock #33cc66
Cinderkit | Shadowclan Kit | 10/30 | DarkGray | #87CEEB
Hollyshine | Skyclan Tier 3 Warrior | 50/120 | Crimson #cc0000

Last edited by ginger on Wed 12 Jan 2022 - 21:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Characters : Flamethrower
Clan/Rank : Rogue [T1]
Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 1215

PostSubject: Re: January Gathering 2022   January Gathering 2022 - Page 5 EmptyWed 12 Jan 2022 - 20:24

Minkstar kept his eyes firmly ahead and his mind on the gathering at paw, listening idly to the other leaders' announcements. He was unable to stuff down a flash of resentment at SkyClan's, a brief, sour twist of his maw showing a brief flicker of his inner thoughts. Of course they were doing well - they had all the territory they needed, probably all the prey they could ask for. The only thing bothering them would likely be the cold and the occasional starving predator. Oh no, SkyClan never wanted for anything; after all, they could just bully their way into getting what they wanted, couldn't they?

Of course, his thoughts on the topic of negotiating for the Fallen Oak only made the resentment worse. Am I going to spend my whole leadership crawling on my belly before other leaders and getting my face clawed for it? Maybe that was just the role of a leader, to take the fall for his Clan.

Somehow StarClan must have neglected to tell him about that part.

Stepping forward, he gave his own announcement. "Although this leaf-bare is harsh, ThunderClan is doing well." Hah, he wished. "We have several new apprentices in the Clan, among them Minnowpaw-" A good way of glossing over the fact that they only had one - "and a few new kits. Luckily, we haven't lost anyone this moon, but we will keep an eye out for any strays."

And with that, he stepped back again, settling once more into his spot on the rock. No, they hadn't lost anyone else, but they weren't growing, either. A distant part of him wondered if he wasn't doing enough. It wasn't like they could afford many more mouths to feed, but it had been moons since he'd given out a warrior name, and with Wolfblaze gone, there was one less warrior as well as another hole in their hearts. If only he'd been given the power to bring the dead back to life, instead of nine more lives just for himself. What was the use of bringing his sorry pelt back if he couldn't do anything for his Clanmates? If he could only stand by helplessly and watch as their sides thinned, eyes dulled, and red spilled from their throats?

Hope. That was one of the lives Dappleshine had given him. Well, it looked like he was in another dark pit again, no sight of star nor sun to lighten the gloom. How did he always end up here? There had to be some bright spot to all this, some hint of the dawn breaking again. Leaf-bare would end, right?

He let out a silent breath, white streaming from his muzzle in a frosty puff illuminated by the moonlight. One day, one moment at a time. If he wanted to reach a brighter tomorrow he needed to get through yet another gathering. So long as no one started a fight, that would be the easy part.

pics of me cats:

In order from left to right
Flamethrower | Jaculus (not pictured)
Ded/Missing:
Swansong | Rift | Cleft Spyre | Sablepaw/Lirista | Minkstar | Murkpaw
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/piiec
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1477

PostSubject: Re: January Gathering 2022   January Gathering 2022 - Page 5 EmptyWed 12 Jan 2022 - 20:50

She knew how her answers wouldn't satisfy the apprentices, although it would be best if she kept low.. for now, at least. Dozens of other cats were around, and she had a feeling multiple other apprentices would come over to her. That would be crowded. And somewhat suffocating. She gave a nod at Tinypaw's answers, suddenly pausing at the detail of Bumblepaw falling into a river. So that's what happened. With a dip of the head, she frowned, gently brushing her tail to the molly's back. "I'm.. Sorry, you had to see that, Tinypaw. I'm sure you didn't expect it to happen so soon, either. Though, he's at rest with StarClan now. I'm sure he's better up there," She gave her a comforting smile, nodding.

Then came a familiar scent. Hollypaw. Abruptly, Hollyleaf straightened herself, eyes blinking as she looked back at Hollypaw. "No longer the nickname Icepaw now, Hollypaw. I'm Hollyleaf. I became a warrior recently," She explained, her frown slowly morphing back to a ghost of a smile. Then as the apprentice continued, she flicked an ear back, waiting for Tinypaw to reply. Along with a small nod, she assured her that Hollypaw meant no harm. The events last time were a misunderstanding, after all.

Hollyleaf is talking to Hollypaw, Tinypaw, and Creekpaw!

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: January Gathering 2022   January Gathering 2022 - Page 5 EmptyThu 13 Jan 2022 - 3:14

Tinypaw's head lifted with Hollyleaf reassuring words. To be honest, Tinypaw wasn't a strong believer in Starclan. To her, it was a distanced and isolated entity that barely had any impact on her current. However, right now, the thought of Bumblepaw running through an endless forest always filled with prey and along his family seemed... comforting. Though death wasn't a pleasant experience to live at least... they seem to have a place to go after and reunite with their loved ones. No more pain, hunger or loneliness.

Before she could reply, a newcomer arrived. She didn't smell like Riverclan... why was she talking with a bunch of Riverclan instead of being with her clan? The she-cat seemed to know Hollyleaf, though she called her by another name. Nervously and tense by the new addition to their small group, her green gaze turned to the Riverclan warrior, who reassured her that this Hollypaw didn't mean any harm.

The dark-furred she-cat shook her head to get back to the point and then smiled back at Hollyleaf with a more calm smile. "Thanks... I think you're right. I thought death was something mostly warriors experienced but at least... he is in a better place now. I just hope... Petalpaw is doing fine. Maybe we should invite her with us." She commented, remembering how distressed Bumblepaw's sister was when the events of that day occurred.

Then, she looked back at Hollypaw. "Sorry about that Hollypaw. I'm Tinypaw. How do you two know each other?" She mewed referring to Hollyleaf and the Skyclan apprentice.

Tinypaw is talking to Hollyleaf, Hollypaw and Creekpaw!

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
January Gathering 2022 - Page 5 Signat14
Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2260

PostSubject: Re: January Gathering 2022   January Gathering 2022 - Page 5 EmptyThu 13 Jan 2022 - 22:08

Mistypaw was a bit shocked when Timbersun had come to join her. It was no secret to any cat that she did not get along with his sister, so she had expected Timbersun to avoid her as well. Although there was a slightly pleasing thought at befriending the tom, as it would anger not only one, but two cats. After all, Timbersun was her brother's mentor. Perhaps this would be fun after all.

"I am doing great, actually! It is a bit weird, being so old and only just now coming. But at least I finally get to get out and enjoy things again instead of being stuck in camp! And what about you? Are you fed up with my brother, yet? If it helps, I can toss him into the gorge for ya! He probably deserves it, anyway."

Another voice had joined the fray, one Mistypaw had not been expecting to hear. Turning around, she found herself facing the tom she had fought during the battle. She almost felt sorry for him, the way he was looking at her. Sure, she was upset about losing her tail, but was she really mad at him? No, she didn't think she was. So with a shrug, she answered as honestly as she could.

"It was a battle. Stuff happens. I'll get over it. Not like I didn't deal you some blows too. So you can call us even, k?"

January Gathering 2022 - Page 5 SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Characters : Kestrelpaw ♀ | Jaypaw ♂ | Hawkpaw ♂
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Apprentice | RiverClan Apprentice | SkyClan Apprentice
Libra Cat
Number of posts : 3278

PostSubject: Re: January Gathering 2022   January Gathering 2022 - Page 5 EmptyFri 14 Jan 2022 - 20:54

Weight lightly pitching back into the intricate bands of muscles wound against the haunches, the carefully concealed and partially transparent mappings of ice that webbed out atop the scuffed surface of the Great Rock gave the faintest of cracks under sudden weight disparity, a steamy pooling of breath drifted sharply from Jaystar's flaring nostrils as he casually skimmed a glance of the newest face within the fold. The latest spectacle in the undoubtable long line of cosmic gawking likely accrued from the stars high above, yet met with little beyond passive disinterest from the unseemly cohorts they had little choice in- though the WindClan Deputy's presence was met with a reception far from his own, he could hardly work up the energy to care beyond the perseveration of his own liminal sanity.

The words passed upon tongue and tooth between each Clan seemed fairly uneventful, barring the occasional report of death or vanishing, which was surprising considering the extremeness of the season thus far. Sweeping forward in a roiling cloud of silky darkness and curtaining smoky body-heat, which curled and simmered upon the neatly frolicked edges of his soft coat like the secondary skin of a living being, Jaystar was the last to take the tome of speaking upon this frigid evening. "Though the weather certainly wishes to inflict standings of misery, RiverClan fairs well in the past moon. Petalpaw, Pinepaw, Creekpaw, Otterpaw, and Tinypaw have all been given the mantle of apprenticehood, while Ebonyhaze, Ashflight, and Hollyleaf have all earned their statuses as fully-fledged warriors." Jaystar began, low voice resonating sharply above the chilly clamor of the evening, dark eyes gleaming like the secondary embers of a dying fire, "Our borders continue to hold, prey is to be found with the likelihood one would anticipate during such times, and we hope to bear through the remainder of the season with little consequence of dire straits."

January Gathering 2022 - Page 5 Img_0312
current characters | semi-return from inactivity
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: January Gathering 2022   January Gathering 2022 - Page 5 EmptyFri 21 Jan 2022 - 7:26

Murkystar nodded as the last of the leaders said their piece, acknowledging Goldenfang's request with a slow nod. If ShadowClan saw or heard anything, they would share. Unfortunately... Murkystar didn't hold much hope for the apprentice. Still, they would do what they could. After a couple heartbeats of silence, she stood up once more, raising her voice to the clans below. "The Gathering is over. May StarClan light your paths." She mewed, dipping her head respectfully to the other leaders before jumping down and gathering her clan behind her to head back to camp.

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

January Gathering 2022 - Page 5 Giphy
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

Characters : Mintpool of Thunderclan | Hollyshine of Skyclan | Cinderkit of Shadowclan
Number of posts : 687

PostSubject: Re: January Gathering 2022   January Gathering 2022 - Page 5 EmptyMon 24 Jan 2022 - 2:11

Hollypaw blinked. Oh… someone died? That was unexpectedly grave, and made the SkyClan apprentice feel awkward. She wasn’t really… cut out for this. But the tiny apprentice seemed to recover herself swiftly.

And… wait. Icepaw was a warrior?! And she took my name… But none of the little ones protested it, which meant it must be genuine. In fact, the Riverclan molly seemed very at ease with the younger ones. Well. Good for her, Hollypaw decided, name and all. Rising above a poor given name, and into beauty — er, because she was! — and confidence. “Congratulations, then. Hollyleaf,” she said, with a warm smile. “I’m sure I’ll be joining you soon.”

As a warrior, of course!

Then her eyes flicked back to the little one. Tinypaw. To Holly, it seemed… a bit unfortunate as a name (was being tiny a good thing?), but it was certainly appropriate. At least she didn’t seem squirrelly? To the younger apprentice, Hollypaw nodded slightly. “It’s all right. I’m… sorry that happened. Whatever it was,” and given the awkwardness, moved on hastily. “And me and Icep— I mean, Hollyleaf — met at the last Gathering, that’s all.”

And that was definitely all. There was no falling in the creek, or any abrupt rescues that were assumed to be attempted murders… Hollypaw didn’t accidentally claw anyone at all. Nope. She smiled sheepishly at her now-Riverclan counterpart. Hopefully the apology was conveyed. I promise, I’m really not that crazy!

——

After Ratpaw’s apology, he had been bracing himself — for screaming, or something hateful. And so the even, almost ginger tone made him a bit… confused. She wasn’t mad?

Ratpaw turned to study the apprentice more closely. Her tail was a bob now, but well-healed, and she was looking at him almost wryly. Stuff happens. Like Amberdawn told him. He thought of the thin scars on his cheek, and his chest. And then nodded tentatively, in agreement.

“You did get me good,” he acknowledged, and the cuts had stung for days. “...not to mention the damage to my ears.”

The joke came out before he could stop it, but something in him told Ratpaw she wouldn’t take it badly — even as he winced a bit. Before long he heard Murkystar’s summons, and then gave her another nod. “I’ve got to go. But I’ll see you at the next Gathering, then! You too, Timbersun!” And try not to lose any more body parts by then! he wanted to say, but it felt too soon.

Next time, he nodded. And then he turned — thinking of the good-natured Windclan cats as he left.

Hollypaw is talking to Hollyleaf and Tinypaw. Ratpaw said his goodbyes to Mistypaw and Timbersun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January Gathering 2022   January Gathering 2022 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

January Gathering 2022
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5