Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Five Flowers, One Stem (C)

Go down 
+4
Reaper King
RainyHeart
khamosa
downfive
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

Five Flowers, One Stem (C) Empty
PostSubject: Five Flowers, One Stem (C)   Five Flowers, One Stem (C) EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 10:46 pm

It was a clear, cold evening when Basilbloom and Murkystar made their way to Fourtrees, paws crunching the soft powdery snow that had fallen during the day.  The tortoiseshell medicine cat was glad that the weather had ceased in time for this planned meeting; the last thing she wanted was for leaders to be dissuaded by snowfall or rainstorms.  Ever since she had spoken to her mother about the visions the young molly had been positively glowing with purpose and excitement, enough so that the usually arduous journey to Fourtrees barely seemed to bother her heart.  It was beating fast, but then again it had been like that all day, and she didn't feel the slightest bit weakened.  Strength coursed through her body as she trotted out into the middle of the clearing, sniffing and looking around for any early arrivals.  Sensing none, she simply sat down at the base of the Great Rock, purring to Murkystar to join her.  "Do you think everyone will be here?  The messengers said they agreed."  Her words spoke anxiety, but her voice was still confident.  She knew if the clans truly saw the potential in this calling, they would come.

Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Characters : Flamethrower
Clan/Rank : Rogue [T1]
Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 1215

PostSubject: Re: Five Flowers, One Stem (C)   Five Flowers, One Stem (C) EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 3:26 am

Exhaustion pulled at his pelt like a heavy cloud, damp and persistent, dragging his paws deep into the powdery snow that squeaked and compacted beneath them. He knew his pelt was starting to look dull, the cold cutting through it with icy knives he barely noticed anymore, but that wasn't much different from the others. At least it was long enough to hide his ribs.

A spark still lived in his green eyes, though, as they flicked around Fourtrees, the two of them shadowy forms emerging from the darkness of the snow-crusted bushes and ferns. When he'd been told about this, he had to admit his scepticism hadn't been very well hidden. If it had been anyone other than the medicine cats, he would have been tempted to treat it as an attempt to make them weaker by taking needed warriors on a wild goose chase. But this... maybe, just maybe, this medicine cat really had seen something. And of course, anything that could help in this leaf-bare would be welcomed. He couldn't deny Dovefrost that just out of unfounded paranoia.

So here he was, willing to give it a chance. From the looks of it, some others were here, too. The ShadowClan leader and her healer, from the looks and smell of it.

Well at least it wasn't Jaystar and whoever his medicine cat was.

Slogging through the snow towards them, exhaustion as forgotten as it could be with the new influx of curiosity, he dipped his head. "Greetings to the both of you." A safer option than trying to recall names. And this time, at least, he wasn't trying to inflame anyone's tempers - may as well be polite. "I'll admit, I'm interested to hear what you've got to talk about. Some kind of miracle herb would be nice during these times."

pics of me cats:

In order from left to right
Flamethrower
Ded/Missing:
Swansong | Rift | Cleft Spyre | Sablepaw/Lirista | Minkstar | Murkpaw
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/piiec
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: Five Flowers, One Stem (C)   Five Flowers, One Stem (C) EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 10:52 pm

Murkystar settled next to her daughter, gently touching her nose to her head gently before shrugging. "Only time will tell. If they don't, or they don't agree to accompany you, we will discuss further options. Until then... Let's have hope. Hope that we, or StarClan, will sway them in our favor." She purred, raising her head as she heard approaching paw steps. Lowering her head respectfully to ThunderClan's leader, she mewed. "Greetings to you as well, Minkstar. Thank you for coming." She refrained from commenting on his choice of words regarding a miracle herb, for they didn't know what this plant would do, but it was certainly a hopeful thought.

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Five Flowers, One Stem (C) Giphy
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: Five Flowers, One Stem (C)   Five Flowers, One Stem (C) EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 11:22 pm

Cloverheart was bristled to about twice her size as she made her appearance at the ridge cresting Fourtrees. She liked Basilbloom plenty, and she was curious about the meeting at paw; still, that didn't stop her from grumble the entire trek there. It was cold, and her legs, wet from the snow, felt somehow even colder. Making a concentrated effort to keep flatten her fur, Cloverheart gingerly made her descent and settled a little ways away from the crowd so far.

"Hello, everyone," she mewed, bowing her head to Minkstar and Murkystar. Turning her attention towards Basilbloom, she went on, purring: "I'm looking forward to hearing what this is about." She wasn't particularly thrilled by the idea of being gone, but... she couldn't say she wasn't at least curious.
Back to top Go down
khamosa

khamosa

Characters : [B]rindlepaw | [V]ioletsky | [F]oxflower
Clan/Rank : [B] Thunderclan Apprentice | [V] Skyclan T2 Warrior | [F] Windclan Permaqueen
Pisces Rat
Number of posts : 1557

PostSubject: Re: Five Flowers, One Stem (C)   Five Flowers, One Stem (C) EmptyFri Dec 31, 2021 6:14 pm

Muddythorn walked quickly to fourtrees, eager for the coming meeting. It was the first tie he'd met with other medicine cats besides half-moon meetings or gatherings, but was very glad it was happening. Not only because it promised hope of a new helpful herb, but also maybe meant he could get close with his fellow healers. Surely them working as a united force would be beneficial to the whole forest, not just each of their clans. He kept most of his excitement under control, however, very aware of the fact leaders would be there. Even though medicine cats were highly respected, Muddythorn couldn't help but cary deep respect for leaders.

Thankfully, he wasn't first to arrive, and not the last either. "Hello, it's great to see everyone. I hope that this works out well." He said in a friendly manner, taking a seat with everyone else.

character profiles | plotting pages

↣ ↢
Brindlepaw | Thunderclan Apprentice | [20/60]
Violetsky | Skyclan T2 Warrior | [40/100]
Foxflower | Windclan Permaqueen| [50/80]
↣ ↢

deceased/missing: Brighteye, Dappleleaf, Yew, Mistlebright,
Magpiesight, Wisteriabloom, Primroselight, Muddythorn,
Silversnake, Finchpaw, Aoife
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9984

PostSubject: Re: Five Flowers, One Stem (C)   Five Flowers, One Stem (C) EmptyFri Dec 31, 2021 10:38 pm

Dovefrost was a little slow on joining the slowly gathering group on the fourtrees. It was fine. He had to make sure everything was in order, at least.. make sure the way he left it was good enough in his head. The white tom padded up and took a spot next to his leader, dipping his head in greeting to the other cats that were in attendance. He didn't say anything though.

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Thunderclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
Tara

Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3028

PostSubject: Re: Five Flowers, One Stem (C)   Five Flowers, One Stem (C) EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 5:33 pm

Bloodstar hoped this was as important as the Shadowclan messenger claimed. He didn't exactly love trudging through the snow. The trek to Fourtrees felt like it took longer than normal, with the cold biting at his legs and toes and causing him to shiver and shudder the entire way. He could not wait for leaf-bare to end. Once he set his eyes on the Great Rock, he sat down below it, taking a familiar position under where the leaders would sit. It had been some time since he was not on or at least beside the Great Rock.

"Hello Basilbloom... and others..." His attempt at pleasantries and conversation died in his mouth. He was too cold and mildly aggravated, but he was here. That should be enough. He stayed curled in close to his own body, for once not taking the head up and shoulders back position he normally took. He'd like his body heat to stay with him for now. Thanks.

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Characters : Turtlefur, Goldenstar, Lynxpetal, Creekpaw, Lightningpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior, WindClan Leader, SkyClan Queen RiverClan Apprentice, WindClan Apprentice
Sagittarius Tiger
Number of posts : 8190

PostSubject: Re: Five Flowers, One Stem (C)   Five Flowers, One Stem (C) EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 9:51 pm

The final member of the meeting peered over the clearing. Her blue eyes scanned the group before she trotted down to join them, pawsteps quick and sure. Goldenfang had come in place of Daystar. Alone. There was no medicine cat by her side. Her ears were pressed back and her eyes were narrowed. Her trek across the wind blown moor left a bitter sting in her paw pads and eyes that left her less than excited.

“I am here to represent WindClan.” She meowed simply after joining the circle. Leaders and medicine cats surrounded her. Would they question her presence? They had no right. Daystar sent her. Goldenfang’s eyes shifted between the meeting members. Who was Basilbloom again? …something, something, medicinal herb, give us your warriors… it was clear why Daystar didn’t want to waste the time.

Sun // Living Characters // Deceased Characters
Five Flowers, One Stem (C) 713E5771-31B2-4EA8-B75F-EC3A67DB4C32
Turtlefur || Tom || RiverClan T5 Warrior || Requirements || #cc9900
Goldenstar || She-cat || WindClan T5 Leader || Requirements || burlywood
Lynxpetal || She-cat || SkyClan Queen || darkblue
Lightningpaw || Tom || WindClan Apprentice || #dfd47e
Creekpaw || She-cat || RiverClan Apprentice || #4c5682
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: Five Flowers, One Stem (C)   Five Flowers, One Stem (C) EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 11:19 pm

Basilbloom leaned against her mother as she felt the gentle, comforting touch of her nose, closing her eyes for a moment as she nodded.  Murkystar was always so strong, so logical, and kind, both as a mother and a leader.  If she did go on this journey, she would miss having her to turn to whenever she needed a word of advice.  However, the sound of approaching pawsteps made her ears prick, and the small tortoiseshell detached herself from Murkystar's side, standing up tall and steady as their first guests approached.  It was Minkstar and Dovefrost, and though she easily made eye contact with the medicine cat to flash him a friendly smile with the unfamiliar leader though it was a bit harder. She bowed her head respectfully, taking a deep breath.  Basilbloom wasn't a shy cat, but there was something inherently intimidating to speaking with a rival leader.

Minkstar made it easy for her though, thankfully, and Basilbloom returned his words with an uncertain purr.  "Oh yes, that would certainly be nice.  I don't know yet though what this flower can do, so I'd rather not jump to conclusions.  Once the rest get here I'll explain everything."  It didn't take long for the other cats to pad into the clearing, though Basilbloom did see a couple of abesnces.  She noticed that Cloverheart came alone without Jaystar, but she didn't let it phase her as she purred a friendly greeting to the she-cat, guessing that he must've trusted her judgment on this matter.  Next came Bloodstar and Muddythorn, and she greeted them in turn, though noticed how irritable the imposing leader seemed.  She must try to keep this meeting quick.  Last but not least came WindClan, and Basilbloom was a bit surprised to see only Goldenfang, their deputy.  A bit disappointed that Berrypaw hadn't been able to come, she countered it with the logic of him being a young apprentice and the sole medicine cat at that.  Who knows if she could've attended something like this when she had been in the same position?  Greeting Goldenfang all the same with a grateful smile, she knew now was the moment of truth.  Standing up, the petite medicine cat cleared her throat and began.

"Thank you all for agreeing to meet with me, I know taking time away from your clans in such a harsh winter isn't ideal but this is a matter I believe needs to be discussed among us all.  As the messengers told you, I've been having visions of an unfamiliar flower.  It is purplish-pink in color and about the same size as a marigold bloom, and it has a round seedhead that sticks out above the petals.  I've never seen it anywhere in the forest, but if any of you have seen a plant like this please, tell me."  She paused for a moment, giving a chance for any cat to speak up.

"What started the visions was a dream I had a short time ago.  In this dream, I was standing in a broad, beautiful field, with many trees and flowers.  Ones I recognized, and ones I didn't, but one flower stood out to me more than the rest.  It was blurry, the details obscured, but the description I gave earlier is what I could glean.  I also caught its scent, very sweet yet earthy.  Before I could explore more though the dream took me to different scenes, such as the front of a Twoleg nest and onto a Thunderpath, before it put me back in my den at ShadowClan camp.  In my den, I could smell sick cats, infection and illness both, but when I tried to reach out and help them I could find only shadows.  After that, I woke up."  Talking so much in the cold air was making her lungs constrict, so she took a few deep breaths before she continued on.

"In the days following, I began seeing the flower in my everyday life, hiding in the bushes while I hunted for herbs and peeking out between the rocks in camp.  None of my classmates could see it or smell it, it was only in my mind.  So, I told my mot- Murkystar about everything, and she agrees with my theory about what it all means."  This was the part she was most nervous about, and the she-cat's paws shuffled in the snow.  "I believe...that StarClan wants me to find this plant.  For what purpose I don't know; it could be an herb, or it could be a poison.  However, I truly believe that it could be useful to medicine cats in some way, so I don't want to miss this chance to discover something that StarClan themselves chose to reveal to me."

"I could have chosen to keep this to myself, make it ShadowClan's business, and ShadowClan's potential glory...but the reason I reached out to all of you is to invite you to take this chance with me.  I am a medicine cat, and so are many of you here.  We are bound not to our clans alone but to all the clans, to care for any cat like they're our own kin, no matter their allegiance. I am honoring my oath today and asking you all to consider joining me on a journey to Twolegplace to find this mystery flower and bring it back to the clans!"

She was smiling now, the exhilaration building and building in her chest until she felt like she could yowl to the stars.  "If possible, I'd like for you three to join me on the trip."  Looking at Cloverheart, Dovefrost, and Muddythorn in turn, she realized that this would be hard to justify, but she would try her best.  "Having your experience with herbs and healing will be exactly what we'd need to make this mission a success, and though I know leaving your clans in leaf-bare isn't ideal, just think of what it could do for us if this plant is a type of herb!  We wouldn't go alone though, I'm planning to take one warrior with me as well, and if you can spare a set of paws it would be ideal for each clan attending to do so as well.  Berrypaw isn't here, and I don't expect that he'd be keen to attend while he's still training, so perhaps two warriors from WindClan if you choose to join?  Also, having a cat with us who knows their way around Twolegplace would be a huge help.  If that applies to any of your clanmates, please let me know."  Basilbloom felt odd, speaking like this to her elder medicine cats and the leaders, but she pushed on through the discomfort.  She was laying out everything on her mind, and the worst they could do was say no.

Her face softening a bit, she looked around at each cat in turn before speaking again, trying to judge their reactions.  "Look, I know this all sounds strange, audacious, even downright stupid...but I swear on my honor as a medicine cat that I truly believe what I say.  I don't know what we'll find, but I'd rather try than spend the rest of my days wondering what it could've been.  It's up to you if you want to go with me, of course.  If not, I'll go alone with ShadowClan warriors, but I wanted to offer you all a chance to share in a potential blessing.  I care about all the clans, I want us all to thrive and be healthy and safe...and this is the way StarClan has given me to do that."

Basilbloom finally fell silent, her heart beating as fast as a hummingbird's wings.  What would they say?  Would they think she's lying?  That she's foolish, idiotic even?  Taking a couple steps back to be closer to her mother, she watched for their reactions, waiting in painful anticipation.  I did it, I said my piece.  That's what counts, right?

Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9984

PostSubject: Re: Five Flowers, One Stem (C)   Five Flowers, One Stem (C) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 10:05 pm

Doveforst listened intently as Basilbloom spoke... His green eyes trained on the ground focusing on every word that was spoken.. He didn't really know what to make of the whole vision, of this whole flower thing. Of course he wasn't one to shy away from what Starclan wanted them to do, he had followed what they had said about Briarthorn. If he followed this.. then things might go wrong, but if they didn't find this herb then things might go worse.

Green eye looked up at his leader. "I'm thinking there might be a chance to this vision. I will go along, if my leader agrees, but if anything happens to Thunderclan while I'm gone, and we return with nothing then that is going to be on you Basilbloom." He said what he was going to say, there was nothing more to do. It was on Minkstar at this point.

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Thunderclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
khamosa

khamosa

Characters : [B]rindlepaw | [V]ioletsky | [F]oxflower
Clan/Rank : [B] Thunderclan Apprentice | [V] Skyclan T2 Warrior | [F] Windclan Permaqueen
Pisces Rat
Number of posts : 1557

PostSubject: Re: Five Flowers, One Stem (C)   Five Flowers, One Stem (C) EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 3:14 pm

It didn't usually take much to convince Muddythorn, and this situation was no different. Surely taking the chance for this new herb would be worth it, otherwise why would Starclan send the visions? Maybe this was the vision he'd been hoping for, a light of hope that he had leapt at the chance to believe with Primroselight. Beechfang hadn't been convinced, but he couldn't help but be excited. He truly appreciated that Basilbloom was willing to share the information, the tom reminded of what had happened previously when visions weren't openly shared.

When it came to clan members who had experience with Twolegplace, Muddythorn spoke up. "There are still a handful of warriors in Skyclan who spent time in Twolegplace after the fire in our territory. It was a long time ago now, but a little experience is better than nothing." There was also Lynxpetal, but he was unsure whether she would be willing to go or not, since she wasn't technically a warrior.

Dovefrost made a valid point however, in that the clans would be vulnerable without their medicine cats. However, it seemed Berrypaw was possibly staying behind, and could help in emergencies. As far as Skyclan went, they had Beechfang, and even if she decided to be the warrior accompanying him, Dawnfeather knew enough to patch up scratches.

"If Starclan is trying to help us, I think we should listen. From what we know, this herb could do anything, but if it's important enough for us to get a message, it'll be worth it." He said, glancing at his grandfather, wondering what the leader would say.

character profiles | plotting pages

↣ ↢
Brindlepaw | Thunderclan Apprentice | [20/60]
Violetsky | Skyclan T2 Warrior | [40/100]
Foxflower | Windclan Permaqueen| [50/80]
↣ ↢

deceased/missing: Brighteye, Dappleleaf, Yew, Mistlebright,
Magpiesight, Wisteriabloom, Primroselight, Muddythorn,
Silversnake, Finchpaw, Aoife
Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Characters : Flamethrower
Clan/Rank : Rogue [T1]
Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 1215

PostSubject: Re: Five Flowers, One Stem (C)   Five Flowers, One Stem (C) EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 12:04 am

"I would say I'm happy to be here, but...." He shrugged. "Maybe if it wasn't so cold." Despite himself, a genuine smile twitched at his maw in reply to the young medicine cat's answer. It was a pleasant change to interact with a cat from another Clan who didn't want to eat his face. Maybe he should consider defecting his origins to ShadowClan, instead - pretend RiverClan didn't exist. It was close enough, right?

As if that would ever work. He'd tried messing with his own memory before, and that had turned out well, hadn't it? If only he could forget the past, instead of everyone's names and odd little moments he'd rather remember.

Idle thoughts flitted through his head as he settled in to wait for the others, not having to wait long before they began to materialize, slogging through the snow to join their little group. He didn't pay much attention to them, beyond being quietly relieved that his... nephew... didn't come with RiverClan's vaunted medicine cat.

The young ShadowClanner's story, however, was an interesting on. He listened carefully, trying to imprint each of the details onto his exhausted and somewhat wandering mind, her excitement warming his old, bitter heart with distant memories. He could remember that - that enthusiasm, that boundless longing to discover the endless horizon. Before his world had closed to dark tree trunks and a snowy wasteland, to blood spilled on rocks he had once played on.

At her mention of bringing along the medicine cats, however, his maw tightened, and he flicked a glance to Dovefrost. She wanted to take them, too? Stars, how many medicine cats did she think it took to bring back a flower? Warriors were all well and good, even if he was reluctant to even give them, but medicine cats...? That would leave only Crowpaw, who had barely been inducted as Dove's apprentice, and leave no older medicine cats in the entire territories that could be easily contacted to help with his training. And with RiverClan, SkyClan, and every starving predator in the forest looming....

His gaze fell on Dovefrost as the medicine cat spoke, hesitance holding his tongue. He saw something in it, but Basilbloom's vision was too vague - what if it was merely a herb that settled upset stomachs, or something completely innocuous? Could he risk that? Dovefrost might say all he liked about the fallout being on this medicine cat's shoulders, but it would really fall onto theirs. He had to know all that, but still a part of Minkstar felt he had to point it out, had to verbalize what it could cost. "Dovefrost, Crowpaw's barely trained enough to take on everyday healing. If you go, we won't have an experienced cat to heal wounds or deal with greencough," He murmured, the tip of his tail flicking, deeply-buried uncertainty tight in his chest. "I'm all for sending a warrior or two if this really is a miracle herb, but we can't afford to lose you."

A muscle in his jaw twitched. "If you think it's worth it, however — if you really think they need you — I won't stop you from going."

pics of me cats:

In order from left to right
Flamethrower
Ded/Missing:
Swansong | Rift | Cleft Spyre | Sablepaw/Lirista | Minkstar | Murkpaw
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/piiec
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: Five Flowers, One Stem (C)   Five Flowers, One Stem (C) EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 11:19 am

It wasn't long before the representatives from SkyClan and WindClan filtered in to the clearing. Cloverheart nodded to the three new arrivals, gaze lingering on Goldenfang for a long moment. No Daystar? No... Berrypaw? She thought idly, but she kept her concerns quiet. With everyone present, Basilbloom wasted no time in starting her speech, so there wasn't much time to wonder aloud, anyhow.

She plead her case well. Cloverheart had to admit, she was intrigued by the idea of a new, mysterious herb, and she couldn't really turn down the opportunity to help cats in need. Muddythorn agreed readily, and so did Dovefrost– even though Minkstar seemed less than thrilled about it. Taking the moment of silence as her turn to speak, the little she-cat cleared her throat, searching for an authoritative voice.

"I'm glad you decided to tell us. I'm sure this herb will be useful, especially with this leaf-bare looking so... rough." She started mildly, whiskers twitching. Rough was putting it lightly, and RiverClan would need all the help they could get. Too much had happened to them in recent seasons; if there was anything she could do to help more, she would do it. But... Carrying on that mild, professional tone, "You are asking us to leave our Clans unattended, though. Most of us do not have apprentices to leave behind. In the middle of leaf-bare, you are asking all five medicine cats to leave their Clans on the hunt for a flower we aren't even sure exists." Her tail twitched against her legs. She hardly wanted to leave camp long enough to come to this meeting– she didn't particularly want to go galavanting to Twolegplace and back. Still... the idea of something, anything useful was tempting. More than tempting, it was a necessity.

"That isn't to say I won't go. I will– or, at least, I will talk to Jaystar. I just..." Cloverheart hummed thoughtfully, letting her voice drop back into something casual when she went on. "I want you to be aware of what you're asking of us. I agree with Dovefrost. I'll go, but if anything happens to RiverClan..." She shrugged, gaze flitting briefly to Murkystar. Hopefully she wouldn't take that as a threat– it really wasn't meant to be. Either way, Basilbloom had her confirmation, and Cloverheart had to start running through potential warriors to bring along and bracing herself for the journey ahead.
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: Five Flowers, One Stem (C)   Five Flowers, One Stem (C) EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 9:55 pm

Basilbloom explained everything to the gathered cats, and Murkystar was proud of how well-spoken her daughter was. As others reacted, voicing concerns that she shared and had also voiced to Basilbloom, she simply held her head high and stayed stoicly by her daughter's side. Everyone seemed to understand the weight of what they were being asked to do, and the implications as well as the hope that these visions held. There was no need for her to reiterate anything she had already said or heard. She couldn't help the fur along her spine bristling at ThunderClan and RiverClan's medicine cats warning that it would be on Basilbloom's shoulders if something went awry, but she understood all the same. If it had been one of them asking this of Basilbloom instead, she would have reacted the same way. She glanced at Bloodstar briefly before speaking. "I understand that what Basilbloom is asking is... Well, totally different from anything I believe any of us have experienced. But I truly believe that we need to investigate this. Basilbloom is teaching some of our clanmates basic herbs and treatments, so we can share our knowledge if it's needed with the rest of you. Hopefully the journey is short and fruitful, and every clan remains healthy in their absence. If something were to go awry, StarClan forbid, then I will share Basilbloom's blame." She mewed, looking slowly around the gathered cats as a cold wind ruffled her fur.

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Five Flowers, One Stem (C) Giphy
Back to top Go down
Tara

Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3028

PostSubject: Re: Five Flowers, One Stem (C)   Five Flowers, One Stem (C) EmptyMon Jan 10, 2022 10:58 pm

An interesting reason to call them all here... but not unreasonable. Visons of some flower, whether helpful or not... Bloodstar gave a nonchalant shrug. "Sure. Take Muddythorn and take Beechfang. She knows the twoleg place fairly well." They lived there for a short time, after all. Was that it though? She needed everyone at fourtrees just for that? Bloodstar managed to keep his annoyance contained. She meant well, though he really wished Basilbloom would have just told her messenger all of this and Bloodstar could have just sent her an answer that way.

"Was that all you needed?"

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Five Flowers, One Stem (C)   Five Flowers, One Stem (C) Empty