Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Dream in a Dream [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9991

Dream in a Dream [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Dream in a Dream [Closed]   Dream in a Dream [Closed] EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 7:35 pm

Dovefrost sat just outside the entrance to the medicine den. His green eyes looking up at the moon, seeming locked into whatever he was seeing. The night was still in the camp, not many noises could be heard aside from the occasional shifting of cats sleeping inside their dens. The guard at the entrance to the camp, looked ahead, not moving from their post. It was a peaceful night.

The white tom kept his eyes on what hung in the sky above. He was sure he was seeing something, but wasn't sure what it was. Was it an omen? A sign? What was Starclan trying to communicate to him? Where they even trying to? Was he looking into this too much? Perhaps. Maybe someone would come break him out of his moment, or maybe he would finally find himself stupid for staring too long. Who knew? He didn't.

Windclan ✦ Thunderclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Kit ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
GamingRaven98

GamingRaven98

Characters : Ravenpaw (R), Luna (L)
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan - Apprentice (R), ThunderClan - MCA (L)
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: Dream in a Dream [Closed]   Dream in a Dream [Closed] EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 8:27 pm

Luna woke in the middle of the night as she had become accustomed to during her time here. The she-cat much preferred the clan’s camp at night, rather than during the day when it would be busy and loud. At night, it was just her, the moon, and the guard who kept watch. She knew no cats would be up, and so she kept waking, enjoying the peace and quiet. Luna stretched and headed out of the medicine den.

The black she-cat was so used to her routine she didn’t notice the clan’s medicine cat sitting outside of the den. Her blue eyes were turned up to the sky, looking at the moon and stars. At least, until Luna bumped into the white cat. She took a few steps back, opening her mouth to apologize and realized she had forgotten the tom’s name. She instead opted to just apologize, and hope the cat didn’t notice. “I’m sorry, I should watch where I’m going.”
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Dream in a Dream [Closed]   Dream in a Dream [Closed] EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 6:10 pm

Dovefrost was broken out of his moment due to the other cat trying to slide past him, but it quite not working out so well. "No no, it's alright. I was just daydreaming anyway." He said bringing his gaze back down from the sky and looking at the she-cat that he hadn't seen much of. He heard rumors but never officially got to meet her til now. "Luna right? I'm Dovefrost, the medicine cat." He introduced himself.

"What brings you out here this time of night?" He asked.

Back to top Go down
GamingRaven98

GamingRaven98

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Dream in a Dream [Closed]   Dream in a Dream [Closed] EmptyFri Jul 16, 2021 1:48 pm

((OOC: I forgot, but Luna was injured when she came in, but there was never a topic for her to get healed. I wouldn't worry about it too much.))

Luna nodded, kind of surprised the cat knew her name. She looked out into the camp, scanning it and turning her gaze back to Dovefrost. "Most of the cats here are asleep, and it makes for a more peaceful time to be outside." She wasn't sure how much to say, considering she was an outsider. She decided to explain a bit more, if only to be polite. "I also like looking at the sky at night. The moon, especially." She glanced at the sky as she talked, but when her gaze returned back down, she looked out into the camp. "What has you up tonight?"
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Dream in a Dream [Closed]   Dream in a Dream [Closed] EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 3:39 pm

He understood what she meant when it came to not dealing with the other warriors. Sometimes you needed to have a moment of quiet to yourself. "Something has caught my eye in the moon tonight, and in Silverpelt. I believe Starclan might be speaking to me in some way, but I'm not quite sure exactly what." He looked back up for a second watching the sky, before bringing his gaze down.

"Although.. I might be over thinking it. Just because something seems off doesn't mean our ancestors are trying to talk to me." He shook his head. "Sorry, I shouldn't bother your with all this medicine cat talk. Probably makes me seem crazy."

Back to top Go down
GamingRaven98

GamingRaven98

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Dream in a Dream [Closed]   Dream in a Dream [Closed] EmptyWed Jul 21, 2021 5:00 pm

Luna listened carefully, and blinked when he mentioned StarClan. She had heard it before, and she wasn’t so sure they were real, but a lot of what the clan did was centered around this StarClan. She had met some crazy cats, but what the medicine cat mentioned didn’t sound as crazy to her. “You don’t sound crazy, at least, not as crazy as I have heard.” Her voice was soft, almost a whisper. “I don’t really understand it, and I don’t know how dead cats could speak to you through something that’s always there.” Her words may have been harsh, but her tone showed she was being open and honest. She looked to the sky, unsure of what he could be seeing in the sky.

She kept looking as she spoke again. “What exactly makes you think something is… off?” She was curious what kind of things were considered a sign from StarClan, and what exactly do they mean.
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Dream in a Dream [Closed]   Dream in a Dream [Closed] EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 4:00 pm

"There is a change, something that is different in it. Something that you wouldn't normally see. Sometimes you can't exactly tell what it is." The tom explained. At least that is how he always viewed it. "Sometimes they send signs, changes in something, or something placed to where I can see it clearly. Outside of the normal." The tom explained. "Starclan is a big part of Medicine Cat responsibilites. We are the direct connection between Starclan and our clan." Dovefrost explained. "Aside from that, herbs are the main part. Healing and caring for the clan. Is healing something you ever worked with?"

Back to top Go down
GamingRaven98

GamingRaven98

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Dream in a Dream [Closed]   Dream in a Dream [Closed] EmptyTue Jul 27, 2021 1:04 am

Luna looked at the sky as Dovefrost spoke, searching it for anything she might see differently. Maybe it's something only a medicine cat would notice, like he said. She looked at Dovefrost when he asked her if she had ever dealt with healing. "I was taught to use a couple plants to help with less serious wounds, but I couldn't tell you what they were called, just how to identify them. I rarely use them, I prefer not to fight, and tend to avoid any way I can possibly get injuries." She felt like a coward admitting that to Dovefrost, but she didn't say so, and instead looked away, hoping he didn't agree.
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Dream in a Dream [Closed]   Dream in a Dream [Closed] EmptyTue Jul 27, 2021 9:31 pm

Dovefrost let out a hum at her words, taking a moment to think about what she said. Then something sparked in his mind. His eyes widening for a split second before his stoic nature returned. Maybe this was Starclan's way of telling him to take an apprentice. Something being off with the moon now made sense in his mind!

"In that case, how would you feel about becoming my apprentice? Not everyone is cut for fighting. This way you can still do your part." He asked the she-cat. It would be nice to have someone to share his den with again. Well.. aside from Batbite.

Back to top Go down
GamingRaven98

GamingRaven98

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Dream in a Dream [Closed]   Dream in a Dream [Closed] EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 1:01 am

Luna blinked at Dovefrost's words. Become his apprentice? I wasn't planning on staying here... but I also can't hunt on my own... Luna's thoughts raced, trying to think carefully. She knew this was a big decision, because becoming Dovefrost's apprentice would mean staying here, probably for the rest of her life. Part of the she-cat liked the idea, it meant being able to stay fed, but she could earn her keep. A small part of her was doubtful. She had so little interaction with the clan cats that Luna couldn't but wonder if she would even like staying here. I could always leave if I needed to. After a long moment, Luna spoke up. "Alright." She kept her answer simple, so the she-cat didn't betray what was on her mind.
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Dream in a Dream [Closed]   Dream in a Dream [Closed] EmptySat Jul 31, 2021 12:39 pm

He blinked at her, unsure of how to proceed. It seemed so easy for her to agree. While him... It took him some thinking. Unsure about his choice, but only following what Starclan wanted of him. "Are you sure? It's a big choice to make.." He really wanted her to be sure of this choice she was making, while he would love to have her as an apprentice, he didn't want to tie her down to the herbs, and the healing.

Back to top Go down
GamingRaven98

GamingRaven98

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Dream in a Dream [Closed]   Dream in a Dream [Closed] EmptySun Aug 01, 2021 9:54 pm

Luna sighed, and closed her eyes for a moment. By now, the she-cat would have long since stopped talking to a tom, especially one as strange as Drovefrost. Something about him made her feel at ease, and that helped her make her decision. However, the tom also had a good point. He asked if she was sure, and he easily could have accepted her answer as it was. She decided it was best to tell him the truth. "Yes, and no. I can't hunt very well now, and it would do me no good to take my place here if I can't provide. I could leave, but I couldn't very well survive on my own." Her words started slowly, uneasily, but they came out more rushed, and more emotional as she went on. "I grew up believing being on my own was better. That feeding others was a waste of my time and energy, and would only keep me back. Even though I haven't spent much time among the cats here, I can tell this place is better than being on your own. I don't know if I belong here, and I doubt if I would ever feel welcome. I know how some may feel about outsiders." She took a deep breath, steadying herself. She had a hard time believing she had shared all that, but tonight was a night for change. "On one paw, I believe this is the path I should take. I can provide for those that provided for me. On the other paw, I don't know how long I could stay here if I never became welcomed by the others." Luna looked away in shame, knowing she was probably being a coward.
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Dream in a Dream [Closed]   Dream in a Dream [Closed] EmptyMon Aug 02, 2021 6:54 pm

He understood how she was feeling, at least with the conflict about what choice she should make. It had been hard giving up the way of the warrior to learn herbs but when Starclan called he answered. While he did miss warrior life from time to time, he wouldn't change the choice he made, and hopefully she wouldn't regret her choice either.

"I get it, but I'm sure you will be welcome. Our clan has cats from all over. Our leader? He came from a different clan. Some of our warriors were rogues before hand. I'm sure you will fit right in." He said, hoping that was a comfort to her. He wasn't always the best with words. "And if you believe this is the path for you, if you feel it in your gut, then you are most likely right."

Back to top Go down
GamingRaven98

GamingRaven98

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Dream in a Dream [Closed]   Dream in a Dream [Closed] EmptyTue Aug 03, 2021 3:55 am

Luna listened carefully as Dovefrost spoke. His comment on some of the clan's warriors also having been rogues did settle some of her doubt and worry. She felt a bit better on that front, but she didn't know enough about clan life to know how exactly it all worked. She took a few long moments to think, and she felt that she was making the right choice. Welcome or not, it seemed right to the she-cat. "I do believe it is."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dream in a Dream [Closed]   Dream in a Dream [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Dream in a Dream [Closed]
Page 1 of 1