Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Shadepaw's Warrior Ceremony

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1837

Shadepaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Shadepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Shadepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 7 Jul 2021 - 18:20

The new Tallbranch swayed in the light breeze, and Wolfstar's eyes were trained on it as he sat at the entrance of his den. He'd been holding ceremonies from this position for moons now, since the fire, and since losing his second life to a tree, the leader was hesitant to climb again. So he sat there, tail streaming behind him, and waited for the sun to rise. It didn't take long - he was up early today, for once, so after the camp had been bathed in a warm light, and the others were beginning to stir, he finally said the words. "Let all cats old enough to climb a tree gather before me for a clan meeting!"
Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1543

PostSubject: Re: Shadepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Shadepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 7 Jul 2021 - 18:33

Shadepaw was up already, preparing for her early-morning hunt when Wolfstar called the ceremonial words. He must have something to say, to call a meeting so early. That, or...she would be getting her warrior name today. Hurriedly, she smoothed her dark fur down with a rasp of her tongue and padded over to the leader, waiting expectantly.

Shadepaw's Warrior Ceremony 2RvdchP
Flickerpaw         Icepaw         Lightpaw         Cricketpaw
#54565A         #8ED2E2         #E7CD65         #76AF5C

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Shadepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Shadepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 7 Jul 2021 - 18:41

Wasting no time, Wolfstar launched into the words he'd spoken so many times before. "We gather here today to give one of our clanmates their warrior name, and rank - Shadepaw, please step forward." Once she had, he continued. "I, Wolfstar, leader of SkyClan, call upon our warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained hard to learn the ways of your noble code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in her turn. Shadepaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code, and to protect and defend your clan, even at the cost of your life?"
Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Shadepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Shadepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 7 Jul 2021 - 19:00

The dark gray molly stood at attention, stepping forward when prompted to do so as her chest swelled with pride. Finally she had earned her warrior name, and finally she felt as if she deserved it. At Wolfstar's cue, she responded confidently, "I do."

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Shadepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Shadepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 7 Jul 2021 - 20:01

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name: Shadewing, StarClan honors your cleverness and dedication." With a purr, he dipped his head and then climbed down to pad forward and touch noses with her.
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5683

PostSubject: Re: Shadepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Shadepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 7 Jul 2021 - 20:36

Birdsong lazily stretched as she made her way out of the warrior's den, though she couldn't quite seem to shake the tension from her shoulders since the gathering. Wolfstar's call made the warrior jump slightly, but she padded over to sit with the rest of her clanmates anyways. It had to be a warrior ceremony... And Birdsong found herself frustrated that it seemed like her sister's training continued to drag onward. She knew why, but she missed spending more time with her. Warrior duties and Shadepaw's training kept the siblings away from each other far too much.

As such, Birdsong was only half-listening when her ears caught Shadepaw's name, and the warrior perked up, giving her sister a grin. It was finally happening!

"Shadewing! Shadewing!" Birdsong's voice joined those of her clanmates when her sister was named and the ceremony concluded. After Wolfstar stepped away, Birdsong pushed her way forward, pressing against her sister, excitement written all over her expression. "Took you long enough, sis." She playfully nudged her shoulder, "Congratulations!"

---

Beechface meanwhile, watched the ceremony from the entrance of the medicine den. The medicine cat seemed to be more ruffled than ever, claws digging into the ground and tail tip twitching restlessly. There was something in her expression, burning yellow-green eyes watching as Shadepaw was called forward to receive her warrior name. One could mistake it for just pride... But the emotion seemed to be stronger than what it should have been for a mere clanmate being named a warrior. Even for family, which at this point was most of Skyclan, really.

"Shadewing! Shadewing!" Her voice joined those of the rest of the clan, and she stepped forward, fluffy tail briefly touching the new warrior's shoulder. "Congratulations, Shadewing. You've worked hard for this, I'm proud of you." There was a note of genuine warmth in her voice, and something else that seemed to match the expression that briefly flickered across her face. It was gone in an instant, however, and the medicine cat seemed content to back away, letting the rest of the clan offer Shadewing their congratulations.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Shadepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Shadepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyThu 8 Jul 2021 - 9:11

The newly-named Shadewing touched noses with Wolfstar, murmuring a "thank you" that only he could hear. Then she turned as Birdsong greeted her, beaming with pride. Shadewing butted her head against her sister's, giggling. "Oh hush, mousebrain, I got there eventually! Now I can make my nest next to yours!"

To her surprise, it was Beechface that approached her next. She smiled, acknowledging the praise with a light purr and a dip of her head. "Thank you very much, Beechface, I appreciate that! I finally feel ready now, and I guess it showed."

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Shadepaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Shadepaw's Warrior Ceremony
Page 1 of 1