Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed}

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stormy

Stormy

Characters : [S]tormpaw, [D]owntuft, [So]ftbreeze*, [Sh]yfawn
Clan/Rank : [S]ThunderClan runaway, [D] WindClan t5 warrior, [So]WindClan t3 Medicine cat/queen, [Sh]WindClan permaqueen
Capricorn Monkey
Number of posts : 1144

Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed} Empty
PostSubject: Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed}   Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed} EmptyMon 8 Feb 2021 - 11:54

To say Downtuft wasn't looking forward to this would be a massive understatement. His newest apprentice, Brookpaw, seemed to think he was incompetent and unworthy to be her mentor. The spoiled brat. He'd show her! It was barely dawn on the horizon when he woke up. Frowning, he approached where the dark cream and rosy brown apprentice slept peaceful.

A cold glint sparkled in his eye. Dayspring and Violetpaw had been wonderful to train, and he'd thoroughly enjoyed their company (even if they made him a nervous wreck) and he had a sinking feeling he would not feel the same about Brookpaw. Still, he'd happily be proven wrong. "Get up we're going hunting. Now." The gruff ginger warrior explained, nudging her awake.

Without waiting he bounded towards the camp entrance, the morning frost making him all the more irritable.

Back to top Go down
Nacho

Nacho

Characters : (Br)ookthistle, (Ja)aminepaw, (So)ngpaw
Clan/Rank : WC/SkC/TC
Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed}   Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed} EmptyMon 8 Feb 2021 - 22:13

With a hiss, Brookpaw was rudely awoken. By Downtuft. Her mentor. "It wouldn't kill you to be nice." With a huff BrookPaw followed after Downtuft, blinking away her sleepiness.

Stormy

Stormy

Clan/Rank : [S]ThunderClan runaway, [D] WindClan t5 warrior, [So]WindClan t3 Medicine cat/queen, [Sh]WindClan permaqueen
Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed}   Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed} EmptyTue 9 Feb 2021 - 2:47

The ginger warriors reply was a laugh, "I could say the same to you." Downtuft didn't know why Brookpaw hated his guts, she just did. And it was weird. He hadn't even said a word to her before she started despising him. But the feeling was mutual. She was an annoying little brat, even if she was his apprentice. "What do you know about hunting?" Downtuft asked, turning and looking at her.

Movement caught his eye, and without waiting for Brookpaw to respond, he took off, determined to catch the hare. This time, they weren't near Fourtrees, and the Asylum's stupid rules couldn't stop him from making a clean catch. He flashed a glance at Brookpaw, sneering. "Show me what you've got, 'paw."

Downtuft caught a rabbit, costing -5 SP!

Downtuft:
80/80 hp
235/240 sp

Last edited by Stormy on Tue 9 Feb 2021 - 2:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15014

PostSubject: Re: Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed}   Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed} EmptyTue 9 Feb 2021 - 2:47

The member 'Stormy' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed} Mistpe10
Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed} Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Nacho

Nacho

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed}   Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed} EmptyFri 12 Feb 2021 - 15:53

Brookpaw's maw turned upward in a snarl. How rude, She thought, caramel eyes narrowed. "More than you, probably.." She muttered crossly, tail flickering in agitation. Why was she stuck with this idiotic tom? He was a social mess with a foul temper. Ugh. Didn't Lilacstar see how important she was? Why couldn't she have been the apprentice of her or Dayspring?

Annoyed, she looked around for anything she could find. Spotting a shrew, she raced for it, angry. The shrew promptly heard her, looked over its shoulder and ducked onto a hole. Brookpaw spat in outrage. Insufferable little rodent! No doubt Downtuft wouldn't forget that anytime soon, she mused sourly.

Brook:
20/20
75/80 -5

Last edited by Nacho on Sat 20 Feb 2021 - 21:21; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed}   Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed} EmptyFri 12 Feb 2021 - 15:53

The member 'Nacho' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed}   Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed} EmptyFri 19 Feb 2021 - 1:37

Downtuft couldn't help it; he snorted as she charged headfirst for a shrew. Of course, she didn't catch it. "First of all, never run straight towards your prey. You aren't a kit, don't act like one. Second, while we are known for our speed, stalking is important. Thirdly, your posture while running was completely wrong, and you didn't even bother to check your surroundings. Pin your ears flat against your head while running, and use your back legs to propel you forward. Kick hard with them, put keep your steps light. Don't drag your tail on the ground or stick it straight up like reed; both will slow you down. Instead, let it balance you by letting it stream out behind you, like this." Downtuft demonstrated what he meant.

His ears pressed against his head, and his paws were lightly pressed against the ground. Behind him, his tail lay straight behind him, halfway off the ground. "Now, before you charge at your prey, look to see how close they are to a burrow. If they're very close, stalk them. If the wind blowing away from the burrow, then try to close them off from their hiding hole by approaching them from that angle."

Looking around, the ginger tom spotted a rabbit. "Watch me," He mumbled. The rabbit was hopping along, unaware of the danger that lurked nearby. No burrows in sight. Carefully placing each paw, he crept up on the rabbit. Now only a foxlength away, he lunged for it, tail streaming out behind him and ears flattened. His back legs forcefully propelled him forward, and he slammed into the rabbit, delivering a killing bite smoothly.

Last edited by Stormy on Fri 19 Feb 2021 - 1:43; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed}   Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed} EmptyFri 19 Feb 2021 - 1:37

The member 'Stormy' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed} Mistpe10
Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed} Sig2
Back to top Go down
Nacho

Nacho

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed}   Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed} EmptySat 20 Feb 2021 - 21:18

"Just shut up! I don't need some harebrained half-clan telling me what to do!" Brookpaw snapped, growling, though instinctively drew back. She hadn't meant to say that out loud. This was the truth, however. Brookpaw didn't like Downtuft being her mentor on the basis that he was half SkyClan. She doubted his abilities as a WindClan Warrior.

Spinning around, she ran away from him and the Asylum guard. Spotting a hare, she rammed straight into it without thinking. The rabbit was dazed, and so was she. Much to BrookPaw's dismay the rabbit recovered faster and sprinted away. Just great! She thought angrily, looking over her shoulder to glare at Downtuft.

Brook:
20/20
70/80 -5

Last edited by Nacho on Sat 20 Feb 2021 - 21:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed}   Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed} EmptySat 20 Feb 2021 - 21:18

'Hunting Dice' : 8
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed}   Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed} EmptySat 27 Feb 2021 - 10:12

Downtuft's eyes widened briefly then narrowed angrily, tail lashing back and forth quickly, "Why you little--" He growled, taking a dangerous step towards her, then another, and another. Until he was right in front of her, looking down at her with spitting fury. "You wanna know the truth? Fine. I'll give you the truth. And spoilers: it's as ugly as your attitude."

"I've tried to instruct you properly even though you've despised me since the moment Lilacstar appointed your stuck up foxhearted self to me. But I've been nice, I've been civil. I've never yelled at you no matter how much I wanted to. And trust me I have. But now you tell me the reason you detest me and reject everything I try to teach isn't even my fault? I. Don't. Have. Control. Over. My. BIRTH!"
He roared, green eyes like emerald flames.

"I'm sick and tired of cats like YOU! I nearly died as an apprentice fighting cats like you! Morningdove was put in a coma because of cats like you! MY MENTOR, FINCHSTAR, DIED BECAUSE OF CATS LIKE YOU. I've had enough of your attitude! I have other, more important things to worry about! Like making sure Shyfawn doesn't end up dead one morning for wanting a rabbit from the fresh-kill pile, or trying to care for Softbreeze because she's gone silent! Things like trying to help Lilacstar because her mother is gone and she's got ten times the amount of stress of you and I combined on her shoulders and then Dayspring's facades are getting thicker and thicker everyday and I'm worried she'll end up hurting herself like Softbreeze did moons ago. Violetpaw is dead, Asylum are still controlling our lives, and NOTHING is going well right now. To top it off I've got to deal with your insufferable attitude! My sister is dead, two of my closest friends are dead, two are missing, my other sister is unresponsive, and we still don't know where Finchkit, Tawnykit, and Henkit disappeared to or if they're even still alive! But have I ever took it out on any of you? No! I've kept everything inside. I've tried to take care of all my Clanmates, and I've got nothing for it, and I'm okay with that! But I will NOT tolerate some weaselheart apprentice talking down to me because of things I had no control of and wouldn't change for anything!"

"My mother may have been from SkyClan, but she had more heart, spirit, and honor than twenty of you!"

Downtuft had peaked his speech and he growled at Brookpaw, snarling. "You don't want a half-Clan mentor? Fine. I don't want an apprentice like you either. I'll tell Lilacstar were incompatible. Do whatever you like. I'm leaving."

And with that, Downtuft turned around and shoved past the Asylum guard, marching his way back to camp, picking up his rabbit as he did so.

Back to top Go down
Nacho

Nacho

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed}   Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed} EmptySun 28 Feb 2021 - 4:23

With each step Downtuft took towards her, she took a step back. But he was faster. Brookpaw gasped as Downtuft glared down at her, shrinking into herself involuntarily. Was he going to attack her? It certainly looked like it. Her eyes hardened, but her rough posture showed her fear. As Downtuft paused, Brookpaw shrunk deeper into herself, and as he snarled at her she flinched slightly. She wasn't used to such harsh anger.

Downtuft turned around and marched away, and Brookpaw rose to her full height. "Well, fine! I don't need you anyways! Bossy, know-it-all rabbit-heart!" She yowled back, and marched away in the opposite direction. Who does he think he is, yelling at me! It's all his fault, anyways, he's just dumb!

Suddenly two white, feathered birds appeared and honked at her. The biggest one lunged for her, batting her with wings. Brookpaw yowled, trying to claw at its belly but missing. "Downtuft! Downtuft, help!" The apprentice cried, fearing for her life.

Brook used Belly Rake. Goose #1 used wing bluff. Belly Rake missed

Brook:
10/20 -10
60/80 -10

Goose #1:
40/40
110/130 -20

Goose #2:

Last edited by Nacho on Wed 19 May 2021 - 20:09; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed}   Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed} EmptySun 28 Feb 2021 - 4:23

'Effect Dice' : 5
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed}   Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed} EmptySun 7 Mar 2021 - 0:59

Downtuft whirled around quickly as he heard a honk, followed by Brookpaw's screams. "Brookpaw!" He yowled, panic spiking in his voice. Despite having just yelled at her, he was not about to watch as his apprentice was shredded by those geese, no matter how much he disliked her. "Get away from her!" The sandy ginger warrior yowled, barreling into one of the geese. The goose lashed out at him first, but he quickly recovered and knocked it over.

The goose went tumbling, and Downtuft didn't hesitate to continue barading it with claws as he swiftly shredded it. "I'm coming Brookpaw!" Downtuft called. "Try to pin that one attacking you down to buy me some time! I'll handle this one!" Downtuft ordered Brookpaw, praying to Finchstar she'd listen. The goose he'd sliced at had apparently given up, and with a weak honk retreated, leaving a trail of blood as it hastily tried to get away. Now it was time to help Brookpaw.

Goose #2 used beaked thrust DEALING TWENTY DAMAGE and COSTING FOURTY SP
Downtuft used Run-and-Tackle DEALING FOURTEEN (11 + 3) DAMAGE AND COSTING TEN SP. Downtuft used Swift Strike DEALING SIX DAMAGE AND COSTING TEN SP
Goose #2 has retreated.

Downtuft:
60/80 (-20)
210/240 (-20)

Brookpaw:
10/20
60/80

Goose #1:
40/40
110/130

Goose #2: retreated!
20/40 (-20 [11 + 3 + 6])
90/130 (-40)

Last edited by Stormy on Fri 7 May 2021 - 23:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nacho

Nacho

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed}   Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed} EmptyWed 17 Mar 2021 - 21:01

"Right, Downtuft! I-I'll try!" Brookpaw mewed back, squirming out of the goose's grasp. She was... Actually surprised he came back her. Maybe he did still care about her.. either way, she wasn't going to die today. Once she was freed from the claws of the goose, she jumped into its back, hoping beyond hope she could pin it long enough for Downtuft to rescue her.

Brook used leap and hold. Goose 1 is stunned for two turns.

Brook:
10/20
50/80 -10

Down:
60/80
210/240

Goose #1:
34/40 -6
110/130

Goose #2:
20/40
130/130

Last edited by Nacho on Wed 19 May 2021 - 20:10; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed}   Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed} Empty

Back to top Go down

Third Time's Not So Lucky {closed}
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next