Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

predator, prey, and inbetween [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

predator, prey, and inbetween [closed] Empty
PostSubject: predator, prey, and inbetween [closed]   predator, prey, and inbetween [closed] EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 7:31 pm

ooc; we're going on a herb hunt gonna catch some big herbs! (and maybe a predator too) For each attempted search, roll the effect dice to see what you find. Click here for the herbs cheat sheet should you need help describing something. (I will also be heavily relying on this because while Inik is a plant god, I am definitely not) Also - according to my chosen herbs, there is exactly one willow tree in this pine grove it's fine.
1: No success finding herbs, or Rookpaw learns what poison plants/berries are
2-3: Meh - Foxglove Seeds, Willow Leaves, Willow Bark
4-5: Okay, Okay - Wild Garlic, Chervil
6: The Good Plant - Chickweed, Tansy

A soft blanket of snow coated the ground in a sparse, frosty glow. Flakes scattered about with each step and the chill of the season ruffled the coats of all Shadowclan cats. It wasn't the most favorable time for leaving camp, especially given the fact their pelts weren't blessed with the warmth of the sun. That was the one thing that Iniko found himself missing on various occasions; the thought of stray daylight rays touching his pelt seemed to invigorate his paws in place of the actual sensation.

Stretching out his limbs, the tom let a soft yawn pass from the sides of his maw. There was an agenda today. Something always seemed to be busying his paws when he would rather slink back into a nest with Tanglerose and reap the benefits of his many seasons of hard work. Surely, that time would come soon enough. For now, he had to continue aiding in the training of Rookpaw and integration of Shadowclan into Asylum. The arduous over-arching task seemed to cast a shadow over what joy her derived from training a young tom in medicine. But that would be pushed away for now. Iniko was determined to enjoy this night.

"Wake up, Rookpaw. We're going to hunt for herbs today. You already know quite a few from our sessions already but harvesting them is a delicate art. Perhaps along the way we can sharpen your battle and hunting skills as well." A gentle paw prodded the younger cat awake and his speech was presented like one that wasn't being presented to an exhausted mind. Without any hesitation, the calico captain turned to lead the way from camp. He'd begun to learn the territory fairly well and headed in the direction of the pine grove. Trees made good shelter for any resilient plants below.

When they finally stopped, he turned to Rookpaw, "Search around at the base of the trees. Herbs are most likely to be found there. When you find something, let me know, and I will help show you how to pluck it from the plant."
Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Ambersun (Am) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 2375

PostSubject: Re: predator, prey, and inbetween [closed]   predator, prey, and inbetween [closed] EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 7:57 pm

Rookpaw was sleeping, but when Iniko woke him up, the black tuxedo bounced up to his feet. He was going on a patrol with his mentor, and he couldn't be more excited. "Alright, I'm up," he said, getting out of his den. Really, it was both his and Iniko's den, due to them being the healers of ShadowClan. And since Rookpaw was the future medicine cat of ShadowClan, he needed to learn where herbs were located, and he had to know the use of almost every plant in the forest. Grinning at Iniko, the young tom got up onto his feet. "Let's go!"

When the two of them arrived at the pine grove, Rookpaw crouched down to look for some herbs. Eventually, the black-and-white tom found something. It had a distinct smell, and he pulled it out to show to Iniko. "What's this herb again?" he asked, referring to the chervil in his mouth. He didn't know exactly what chervil looked like yet, since he was still new to being a medicine cat. "I forgot what it was called." He wouldn't normally be open to admitting stuff like that, but this was his mentor, and he had to be open to him. Should I tell him about the prophecy I heard about? he thought. Perhaps he should, later. Right now, he needed to know what herb he had in his mouth, or even if he should have it in his mouth. Why did I impulsively grab it? As far as I know, it could be poisonous! However, due to the fact that he wasn't feeling anything at the moment, he didn't think that the herb was. Still... I need to be a little more careful.

pfp by the amazing xaandiir!

predator, prey, and inbetween [closed] Image10

Last edited by Mamenchisaurus on Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15089

PostSubject: Re: predator, prey, and inbetween [closed]   predator, prey, and inbetween [closed] EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 7:57 pm

The member 'Mamenchisaurus' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 5

predator, prey, and inbetween [closed] Mistpe10
predator, prey, and inbetween [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: predator, prey, and inbetween [closed]   predator, prey, and inbetween [closed] EmptyFri Jan 08, 2021 12:26 am

"It's best to know the name of herbs before you put them on your tongue." He chided lightly, with a mild serious tone creeping into his voice. Little did he know similar thoughts were swirling in the black and white Shadowclanner's mind. Regardless, the calico tom's whiskers twitched in amusement. Normally, his position had pulled him away from training with younger cats and often other Standards who had a learned paw at healing would share their knowledge. It wasn't often that he was able to fully flex his abilities in this area. It was fun and the young apprentice was endearing.

"You got lucky this time it seems. That is Chervil. It can help with not only easing bellyache but for infected wounds. Queens favor too for the way it aids in the kitting of their litters. That's the least favorable task of a healer... I hope you don't have to help in a kitting anytime too." Iniko laughed softly before turning to look for more herbs. There was only a brief pause before he called back over his shoulder as he walked, "Is there something on your mind, Rookpaw?" As he waited for a respond, her gaze caught on a plant nearby that caused his paws to slow. Deadly Nightshade. It seemed today would be a good learning experience for Rookpaw, namely on knowing which herbs were safe to swallow.

Last edited by Ripped on Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: predator, prey, and inbetween [closed]   predator, prey, and inbetween [closed] EmptyFri Jan 08, 2021 12:26 am

The member 'Ripped' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 1

Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Ambersun (Am) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 2375

PostSubject: Re: predator, prey, and inbetween [closed]   predator, prey, and inbetween [closed] EmptySat Jan 09, 2021 9:58 pm

Rookpaw nodded in response to Iniko's statement. "Yeah, I know," he said, stepping into the frosty blanket of snow. The black-and-white tom listened to Iniko speak. Chervil helps with bellyaches, infected wounds, and queen kitting, he thought, jotting down the information in his mind. When Iniko asked Rookpaw about what was on the apprentice's mind, the black tuxedo stopped looking for the herbs to stare back at Iniko. "Well..." he faltered. He still didn't know whether he should share what he was thinking about with his mentor or not. I can at least tell him the general details. "Here's the thing. A few days ago, I got a prophecy. From StarClan. I know that the Asylum doesn't like them, so I think that it would be good for you to know that StarClan is still able to communicate with the clans." Was that the right decision, to tell Iniko about StarClan's continued ability to talk to the clans? The words of that mysterious StarClan cat still rung in his ears.

“Your paws are set on shifting sand, young one. Find your stable ground. Starclan is standing behind you.”

The words didn't really hit until after he thought about it. He didn't know his true allegiance. He had always seen himself as a medium between Asylum and ShadowClan, a neutral party due to having a paw in both sides. And yet, it seemed like he was still on shifting sand, like the StarClan cat who visited him warned. Staring at the herb that Iniko found, Rookpaw blinked at it. "What's that plant?" he asked, referring to the deadly nightshade which Iniko was gazing at. "Just so that I don't make the same mistake twice, can I grab it?" After Iniko told Rookpaw about the plant, the black-and-white tom nodded. "So I should stay away from it," the medicine cat apprentice concluded. Scanning the forest floor for herbs, he noticed a patch of yellow flowers and ran towards them. "I found something!" he shouted from across the grove, being careful to not touch the plant until he knew what it was. "Hey Iniko, what are these? Are they useful, are they poison, or are they neither?" The tansy that Rookpaw found was an extremely lucky find, even if the black-and-white tom didn't realize it yet.

pfp by the amazing xaandiir!

predator, prey, and inbetween [closed] Image10

Last edited by Mamenchisaurus on Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: predator, prey, and inbetween [closed]   predator, prey, and inbetween [closed] EmptySat Jan 09, 2021 9:58 pm

The member 'Mamenchisaurus' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 6

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: predator, prey, and inbetween [closed]   predator, prey, and inbetween [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

predator, prey, and inbetween [closed]
Page 1 of 1