Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Race Against Time (Closed / SOLO)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Characters : (a) Sparkfire, (b) Honeysong, (c) Bubblepaw
Clan/Rank : (a) ShadowClan - Tier 4 Warrior, (b) ShadowClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat, (c) RiverClan - Apprentice
Aquarius Rat
Number of posts : 4118

A Race Against Time (Closed / SOLO) Empty
PostSubject: A Race Against Time (Closed / SOLO)   A Race Against Time (Closed / SOLO) EmptyFri 24 Apr 2020 - 18:30

Sparkfire was panting heavily by the time she reached Twolegplace. Mothglow had been right, it had been a long journey from ShadowClan territory. But she was here now, and she had to work fast if she wanted to get back home in time to save her father from greencough's deadly claws. Night had fallen, but thankfully, being the ShadowClanner that she was, she was used to navigating through darkness. Now all she had to do was find a Twoleg garden that had catmint.

She trotted briskly along the edge of the strange white, tree-like enclosures that surrounded each Twoleg nest. She poked her head between two of the tall things whenever she would reach a new garden, scenting the air for the distinct sweetness of the herb she was looking for. The more gardens she passed, the more disheartened she became. Would she even be able to find any catmint before her father passed?

"Who are you?"

Sparkfire whipped around at the sudden voice that spoke from above. There, sitting delicately on top of the strange things surrounding the Twoleg gardens, was a calico kittypet. She had a soft, short coat, and her heterochromic eyes reminded her of her father's, one being amber and the other a light blue. She wore a strange orange Twoleg thing around her neck, with a noisy, high-pitched yellow thing attached to it. Thankfully, this kittypet didn't look hostile, but Sparkfire couldn't chance it. Instead, she ignored her and resumed her search.

The ShadowClan warrior stopped in her tracks, whipping back around to face the kittypet when she heard her land on the same side as her from the strange thing. Her fur bristled, and she growled aggressively. "Back off, kittypet."

"Uh, that's not my name," the kittypet responded incredulously, her own eyes narrowing. "My name is Angel. I just want to know what you're doing here."

"I don't care what your name is. All I care about is you leaving me alone so I can get back to my business." Sparkfire turned around again and stalked off. She hissed underneath her breath when she heard the annoying tinkling of the strange Twoleg thing around the kittypet's collar not going away. It was clear she was following her.

"What business? Is it something I can help you with?"

Sparkfire outright snorted. "Really? A kittypet? Helping me? Don't be ridiculous. Ugh, I don't even know why I'm talking to you."

"You're looking for something, aren't you?" the kittypet pressed, increasing her pace so she walked alongside the ShadowClan warrior. "What are you looking for?"

"Look, I told you to back off!" Sparkfire snapped, baring her teeth at the annoying kittypet. "It's none of your business, alright? Just go back to your stupid Twolegs and let me do what I need to do!"

The kittypet stared into Sparkfire's agitated gaze unflinchingly. Sparkfire felt a growl beginning to rise in her throat, but before it could break free, the kittypet before her said something that caught her off guard. "You're grieving."

The dark-furred molly blinked in surprise. What did this kittypet mean? She narrowed her eyes again. "What are you talking about?"

"You're on the brink of losing a loved one," the kittypet meowed, her gaze softening. "You're looking for something here that can help them."

"How did ... you know?" Sparkfire asked, bewildered. Was her expression that easy to read?

"I have suffered loss as well," the kittypet explained, not looking away from Sparkfire. "I could do nothing to save him. So ... I want to help you save your loved one."

Sparkfire glared at the kittypet suspiciously. "Why do you want to help me? What's in it for you?"

"Closure."

The answer was short, sweet, and to the point, and it surprisingly made a lot of sense. Sparkfire hadn't been able to do anything to save Poppyheart, Frostpaw, or Thornstar, but knowing she might be able to save Asterspark would help her realize that she wasn't completely helpless. Sparkfire snorted softly and glanced away. "Thanks, but I don't think you'd be much help. I've already wasted too much time just talking to you."

"Try me," the kittypet meowed sternly, pressing her nose up against Sparkfire's, staring her down. Sparkfire's own eyes widened in surprise. This kittypet had such determination in her multi-colored eyes. It reminded her so much of ... well ... herself.

The warrior chuckled softly, taking a step back so she could breathe properly without inhaling kittypet stench. "Fine. But if my father ends up dead before we make it back, I'm going to personally tear you apart. I'm looking for catmint."

"Catmint? Well, why didn't you say so in the first place? Follow me!" The kittypet turned and began trotting along the strange Twoleg thing in the opposite way she had come. Sparkfire huffed and followed after her.

The two mollies passed by the clump of undergrowth that Sparkfire had brushed through when arriving in Twolegplace, and after passing a couple more gardens, the kittypet stopped. She pointed with her nose into the garden, where quite a few clumps of catmint were seen growing together. "There. You can have some of my Twolegs' catmint."

Sparkfire stared in bewilderment. There was so much catmint in there! Enough to heal five Astersparks! The warrior looked at the kittypet and smiled. "Wow. I-I don't know what to say."

"Don't say anything then," the kittypet meowed. She leaped up onto the Twoleg thing and down onto the other side. "Come on, let's get picking."

"Wait, what? You're going to help me harvest it, too?" Sparkfire asked in surprise, following after her. The grass on the other side of the Twoleg thing was very soft.

"It's one thing to help you find the thing you need," the kittypet meowed, already beginning to chew off the largest leaves from the base of the stem. "It's another to help you actually get it. Are you just gonna stare at me like a dumb pigeon, or are you going to help me?"

Sparkfire shook her head, clearing her thoughts. Right, she had no time to waste. Asterspark's life depended on it. Padding forward, she worked on another clump, nipping away four of the largest stems she could reach. She gathered the four leaves into a small pile, and she looked over to see the kittypet had gathered three, making it seven leaves in total. "This should be more than enough to cure my father!"

"I'm happy to hear it! Now lead the way. We've got to get this catmint back to your father in time." The kittypet grabbed the mouthful of herbs in her mouth.

Sparkfire stared at her in shock before shaking her head. "No way, it's dangerous out there. Besides, I don't know how my Clanmates will feel about a kittypet just waltzing into camp."

The kittypet spat the herbs out and glared at the warrior in irritation, her tail giving a quick lash. "Look, the longer we sit here arguing about this, the lesser chance we have of getting this stuff back in time! I'm coming with you, no questions asked!"

Sparkfire heaved a heavy sigh and closed her eyes. It would be much easier to bring back all these herbs with a second cat carrying them. But still.... "I appreciate the help, but you'll just slow me down."

"Try me." There was that determined stare again. Only this time, it had a hint of impatience in it. This kittypet definitely had spunk, and Sparkfire could appreciate that. Well ... she had helped her find and collect the catmint.... "If I can't keep up with you," the kittypet added before Sparkfire could respond, "I'll let you take my life."

Well, that quickly made the decision for her. Either they both would be able to make it back in time with more than enough herbs to cure Asterspark, or Sparkfire would have a willing outlet to take out her anger on if they failed. "Fine. Let's hurry then. Follow close to me, don't lag behind." She bent down and picked up her bundle of herbs, and once the kittypet did the same, the two bounded over the Twoleg thing and into the forest.

Honeysong the ShadowClan Queen ~ #3bbb9d
Bubblekit the RiverClan Apprentice ~ #8ebb7b

Current Events
Sparkfire has returned to ShadowClan with her mate Honeysong and her adopted son Softkit.
Honeysong has followed Sparkfire back to ShadowClan and has given up her medicine cat title.
Bubblepaw has begun her training under her mother and mentor Flashlight.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down

A Race Against Time (Closed / SOLO)
Page 1 of 1