Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed]   Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed] EmptySun 2 Feb 2020 - 11:31

A recent snowstorm had fallen across the moor, making an endless horizon of drifts and dunes of white that glittered under the muted sunlight. It was sun-high, though the sun itself was little more than a radiant blur behind the thin gray blanket of clouds. WindClan's camp wasn't always the most sheltered from precipitation like that, but Clovertwist was pleased that he seemed to have settled himself in a more sheltered spot. He awoke in the morning and checked on his father, Barleytuft, ill with greencough. After that he puttered about camp for a while, checking on his sister and his kin and his Clanmates. At last Clovertwist found himself walking towards Ploverpuddle, the thick-furred white-and-gray tom. Clovertwist's pale amber eyes shimmered warmly. "Hey, Ploverpuddle, are you on any patrols today?" he asked, tilting his head curiously. "If not, do you think I could interest you in a little sparring?"

Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed] VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9978

PostSubject: Re: Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed]   Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed] EmptySun 2 Feb 2020 - 12:18

Ploverpuddle shook his head in response to Clovertwist's question once the tom had approached him. "No. I am not apart of any patrols, at least not til this evening." Sparring though? It would be interesting. Maybe fun? "I would love to spar with you then." The tom answered. "Will we spar here, or go somewhere else?" He asked the younger.

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Thunderclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed]   Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed] EmptySun 2 Feb 2020 - 12:26

Clovertwist's ears perked up with satisfaction at Ploverpuddle's response. "Great, " the silver tabby proclaimed with a smile. "I was thinking out on the territory, near the flower field. I know it's a bit snowy, but... well, with all the tensions rising at the Gathering and whatever is happening with ShadowClan and RiverClan right now, I think I could use the practice on the harsher terrain. I still feel my balance off with my tail." He glanced back at it as though it could hear him and chuckled at himself, turning to look back at Ploverpuddle. "Do you want to lead the way?" he offered warmly.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed]   Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed] EmptySun 2 Feb 2020 - 17:29

Ploverpuddle nodded. He understood the younger's concern about what happened at the gathering. He didn't know if Windclan was going to get dragged into anything or what, but it was better to be prepared for anything. The gray warrior flicked his tail as he padded out of the camp with Clovertwist in tow.

"I do not know if you agree with what Finchstar had said, but I do not think it was a wise thing to say. Especially when Starclan had already presented their dislike of the situation." The warrior said. Clans were supposed to stand apart from each other. It was something he had always known. It was why he was forced to pick between Skyclan and Windclan those many moons ago.

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed]   Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed] EmptySun 2 Feb 2020 - 19:20

The older warrior took his offer with a polite, understanding nod, and then he was moving off, Clovertwist trotting along a few paw-steps behind him. He hoped that his concerns about the tensions wouldn't dour the mood too much; truth be told, the young tom was looking forward to some time with his dear friend, a cat who was so well-traveled and learned so much. He suspected that Ploverpuddle would be an enjoyable sparring partner based on how far he had come and gone in his life. The pair of toms, pale and dark, left the camp behind, trudging out into the snow.

Not long after the camp disappeared from view, Ploverpuddle's voice spoke over the muffled terrain of snow. Clovertwist's ears perked. He nodded gravely at Ploverpuddle's words and responded, "No, I don't agree with what he said. Whether he believes that or not, at the very least he should've kept it to himself while we were there for all our sakes." He felt his pelt prickle slightly as he shuddered and added, "I've never seen the sky split like that. I was afraid they were going to split Finchstar - or even Torrentstar or Thornstar." His eyes darkened slightly. "They still could. We're warriors - not kittypets. Love isn't what we live for, even if it makes living better sometimes."

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed]   Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed] EmptyWed 5 Feb 2020 - 10:13

"I am not sure what Starclan has planned for what has happened. I am sure whatever it is it won't be too pleasant for Thornstar or Torrentstar." The older warrior mentioned. He hoped that whatever it was it would take care of the issue that was presented and prevent any other issues in the future.

"And I hope nothing happens to Windclan because of what Finchstar said. He is a good leader but sometimes his words do not solve everything." Ploverpuddle said as they approached the open field. Sparring would be good to take their mind off of everything.

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed]   Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed] EmptyWed 5 Feb 2020 - 11:01

Clovertwist nodded grimly in agreement with his companion's words. StarClan was clearly angry; there would be news at the next Gathering, no doubt. He hoped it wouldn't shake the forest too badly. He blinked, noticing the field that had spread open around them. There were bushes and stalks here and there sprouting out of the powdery blanket of snow, but for the most part the dormant flower fields were flat and pristine. He stopped and scuffed a paw in the snow as it brushed the backs of his ankles, and the flakes tumbled before disappearing into the rest of the field. It would be the perfect place to practice, just as he'd hoped. Ploverpuddle had stopped as well, and Clovertwist looked at him with his ears perked. "Ready?" he asked, and then teasingly he added as he regarded Ploverpuddle's thick mane of white, "Now that we're out here, I'm afraid I'll lose you in the snow."

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed]   Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed] EmptySat 8 Feb 2020 - 10:48

Ploverpuddle couldn't help but laugh at the tom's words. "It is not wise to tell me of an advantage I was not aware of." There was a teasing tone in his voice that was certain. Yes he had white fur but most of him was gray so it wouldn't be too much to his advantage that was for sure. "I am ready whenever you are." The tom informed the other, giving him the chance to strike first.

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed]   Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed] EmptySun 9 Feb 2020 - 8:52

Clovertwist just rolled his eyes with a playful huff, knowing that Ploverpuddle wouldn't be able to do much to take advantage of his pelt in their fight. He knew what he was looking for too well - though a cat from another Clan would probably struggle to locate him in a battle if they didn't know to keep their eyes open for him. Both toms were ready for their sparring match, and Clovertwist was eager to see just how they compared given their differences in age and training. The silver tabby tom didn't bother to disguise his approach as he stretched forward, coiled his muscles, and sprang, claws intently and purposefully kept sheathed as they grappled Stormbringer and sent the both of them tumbling into the powdery white blanket of snow.

Clovertwist used Jumping Strike, using 20 stamina and dealing 12 damage.

Clovertwist
60/60 HP
180/200 SP (-20)

Ploverpuddle
48/60 HP (-12)
200/200 SP

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed]   Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed] EmptyMon 10 Feb 2020 - 19:27

Due to the other warrior making it clear as to what move he was going to do, Ploverpuddle couldn't help but step out of the way just as easily. The gray warrior, despite the large scar on his back leg, moved somewhat effortlessly. It was going to take more than that to catch him off guard. As the tom slipped by his friend he saw a chance. The older cat swipe a paw out hitting his friend.

Ploverpuddle used Dodge and Fight, countering dealing 6 damage, -10 SP

Clovertwist
54/60 HP
180/200 SP

Ploverpuddle
60/60 HP
190/200 SP

Last edited by Reaper King on Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 19:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15017

PostSubject: Re: Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed]   Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed] EmptyMon 10 Feb 2020 - 19:27

The member 'Reaper King' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 6

Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed] Mistpe10
Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed]   Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed] EmptyWed 12 Feb 2020 - 10:10

Well, Clovertwist had expected to grab at Ploverpuddle, anyways, but at the last moment the large gray warrior had dodged nimbly; Clovertwist's paws glanced off of his sides, and as he soared past he felt his opponent's paw make contact with his side. He landed in the snow, his paws slipping a bit ungracefully as he regained his footing, and he turned around with a slight chuckle. Okay, that was fair; Finchstar had taught him better than to show his intentions when performing an attack. Okay, he'd try something different since running by had been too obvious. He coiled his muscles like a fox springing into the air to dive into a burrow and threw himself at Ploverpuddle, grabbing his friend's shoulders. He couldn't help but grin.

Clovertwist used Leap-and-Hold on Ploverpuddle, using 10 stamina and dealing 11 damage. Ploverpuddle is pinned for 2 turns.

Clovertwist
54/60 HP
170/200 SP (-10)

Ploverpuddle
49/60 HP (-11)
190/200 SP

Last edited by sumashira on Sat 22 Feb 2020 - 7:00; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15017

PostSubject: Re: Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed]   Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed] EmptyWed 12 Feb 2020 - 10:10

The member 'sumashira' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 4

Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed] Mistpe10
Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed]   Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed] EmptySun 16 Feb 2020 - 12:03

His friend's move was clever but it wasn't smart enough to stop the tom from slipping away. He wasn't going to let Clovertwist think he has outsmarted him so easily. Quickly the fluffy gray tom ducked down away from the other's grasp and twisted sliding out well enough to pull away, not without dealing some damage after all. Though he was just on the defensive these few times, he needed to strike soon if he wanted to win this.

Ploverpuddle used Duck and Twist dealing 5 damage, -25 SP

Clovertwist:
49/60 HP
180/200 SP

Ploverpuddle:
49/60 HP
165/200 SP

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed]   Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed] EmptySat 22 Feb 2020 - 7:03

Clovertwist was surprised to find his paws swiftly losing their grip on Ploverpuddle's shoulders, and no matter how hard he grasped the young warrior could tell his attack hadn't quite taken. The older warrior was slipping away before Clovertwist could adjust, and then Ploverpuddle was free, pushing his attacker aside intently. Clovertwist caught himself in the snow and felt a twinge in his tail, but he'd felt worse. Watch your rear, he reminded himself half-jokingly; it was an amusing phrasing but held a serious message. The silver tabby, a bit more cautious now, rushed at Ploverpuddle again, and just before he reach the older tom he threw himself to the ground with a twist, kicking up at his opponent's belly with soft hind paws before flinging himself out and up to his paws again.

Clovertwist used Half-Turn Belly Rake, using 20 stamina and dealing 13 damage.

Clovertwist:
49/60 HP
150/200 SP (-20)

Ploverpuddle:
36/60 HP (-13)
165/200 SP

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed]   Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Busy Paws, Busy Minds [closed]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Territory :: The Flower Field-
Jump to: