Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

September Gathering 2019

Go down 
+19
Lizz
Sun
Ceryn
Kari
Grizzly
Ice
Ash
Lux
sumashira
rhindon
Cays
Amess
Mamenchisaurus
Maple
Mosspelt
Reaper King
Honey Badger
Transient
Jay Bird
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon, Flurrykit - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior [F] Unborn ThunderClan Kit
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7401

September Gathering 2019 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September Gathering 2019   September Gathering 2019 - Page 5 EmptySat 07 Sep 2019, 4:10 pm

"Its...Crowded," she admitted, pulling her tail closer to her body as she spared a look at the gathered cats, ears slicking back slightly at the cacophony of voices. "Overwhelming to be sure but...I am enjoying it, nonetheless. To see all the Clans here, together as one its...A nice reminder that we can find common ground," she meowed, before a new voice caught her attention. Her gaze flickered up toward the Great Rock to see that the small tom, Tinystar, had stepped forward and had started to give the recent news from SkyClan.

Trial? She sighed softly, realizing that Beanpaw's worries had come true. She paused as she tried to scan the gathered cats for the black and white apprentice she had met on the border. Hopefully things hadn't been too rough but judging from Tinystar's state and the fact he had lost a life...Hopefully Beanpaw was doing okay. But it seemed like Tinystar was sorry for what he did and that was what mattered, she supposed. It was a harsh lesson but...Perhaps it was needed. Her ears twitched as she wondered what leader would speak next.

September Gathering 2019 - Page 5 ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon ~ Flurrykit
TC T5 Leader ~ SC T5 Warrior ~ SkC T5 Warrior ~ RC Apprentice~ WC T2 Warrior ~ Unborn TC Kit
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue ~ Slategray
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: September Gathering 2019   September Gathering 2019 - Page 5 EmptySat 07 Sep 2019, 9:34 pm

"I would let your clanmates decide how much better of a leader you truly are, Tinystar. A wren may call itself an eagle, but until its talons can lift the very prey from the moor, it is no such thing. Best of luck to you in your moral journey, 'star. You have my interest." Despite Finchstar's mission to remain neutral, alas, his tongue couldn't help itself. The game stretched before his eyes, and now peace sat the victor. Was it so wrong to stare back at danger and laugh? Swallowing the smile, WindClan's leader drew a licked paw over his ear. A meager celebration it was, but some of the more keen members of his clan may catch the tones of sarcasm in his voice. There was no presence of bad intentions there, just an abundance of kit-like wit that could throw the tom into trouble some day. A moment of chatter passed, until the orange patched tabby stepped forward, yellow eyes glowing. "WindClan has been well lately. The days are sunny and warm, and prey is in abundance. Goldengale has received her warrior name, along with our trusty medicine cat Aspenheart. I admire you both." The leader let out a small chuckle, thinking of all the adventures they had had. "Ploverpaw has also returned from distant lands. Many of you may remember the tom, what an adventurer he is." The mood darkened however as Finchstar meant the eyes of RiverClan's new leader, wondering what sorrow must plague his heart. "I understand Jaystar has gone to StarClan, Scorchstar. He held the forest's respect. You have my deepest apologies for his passing. Should RiverClan ever be in need of anything, we're only a gorge away." Finchstar dipped his head to the RiverClan leader, taking a seat back on the rock.

Following Dacepaw's tail soon became something of a maze. There were plenty of times Duskpaw wished to break off from their little apprentice train to go explore some other aspect of the clearing, but she had a strange curiosity about the fish-cat who was Dacepaw's mother. They arrived shortly after, ears ringing from all the conversation. Duskpaw stared around wide eyes at all the different faces, she caught small bits of their talk, hearing the names of other clans, gathering snippets of far away hunts. A smile grew on the she-cat's face and stayed there, she wished the gathering would last forever. Houndpaw wasn't far behind, his face scrunched up like a wrinkly berry. This seemed to make Duskpaw giggle. "Are you grumpy?" She inquired, green eyes staring into his grayish ones. Dacepaw's voice broke their forced encounter, and suddenly two new cats stood in front of the trio. They smelled much more fishy than Dacepaw did, but their pelts were long, shiny and full. Duskpaw gasped in awe as she padded to the nearest one, a silvery-gray she-cat. "Your fur is pretty." She whispered, eyes fixated on all the little shimmers in the larger she-cat's pelt. Pulling herself from the funny trace, Duskpaw meant the eyes of Dacepaw once more, and then flashed back to her mother. Again and again until a grin formed on her face. "Your mother." She spoke quietly, tail flicking, there was some unknown thought swirling in her head. Images of Littlesun, her soft pelt. But Duskpaw was not in the correct state of mind to make anything out of it. Perhaps another time. "What clan are you from? And why do you and Dacepaw smell weird?"

Sunflower's presence seemed to further heighten Leaftwirl's volatile state. She wished to feel light again, to feel free. However this time the weight was physical, the heat threatened to melt her from the inside, and her head swirled. She just wanted to talk to the white tom who sat by her side. She wanted to lead him down to the creek and explain her predicament, but time had rolled to far forward. Amberdawn was gone. And she was left trapped in her circumstances, a sorrowful state for a failure such as herself. Leaftwirl sighed, wincing in pain as another jolt shot through her frame. It was nothing. Ever in denial of the current atmosphere, the she-cat hoisted herself to her paws and began to pad towards Mossbloom, wondering if they could get a word in before the gathering ended. Words echoed from the Great Rock, but Leaftwirl didn't hear them. Her breath was heavy, ears pulsing as she wished for clarity. Everything seemed to swim before her eyes, and suddenly there was no frustration, no strive for a purpose. The only emotion she felt was pain. A mind numbing, earth shattering pain, enough to throw her to her paws. "Mossbloom-" Leaftwirl squeaked, watching the medicine cat's figure fade in and out of conversation only tail lengths away. While the tabby had never been afraid of attention, she wished to lay low in the clan that couldn't bring her happiness any longer. A talk would help. A talk with Mossbloom. That's what she needed. Another contraction, another gasp. Soon the gathering would be over. Soon.
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: September Gathering 2019   September Gathering 2019 - Page 5 EmptySat 07 Sep 2019, 10:28 pm

Mossbloom drew her tail in tighter around her paws as Pricklebush tried to reassure her, and his words did bring a tentative ease over her. At his mention of perhaps going to check on Amberdawn should she not arrive, her face turned up to peer at his, a smile growing on it. "Really? You'd do that for me? Thank you so much, Pricklebush, that would be wonderful." She purred as she pressed against her mentor's fluffy side momentarily, pulling back as Aspenheart approached.

Her grin widened at his announcement, and she felt even more of her anxiety melt away like morning dew in the sunlight. "Aspenheart, that's wonderful! I had my ceremony as well, I'm Mossbloom now!" She flinched slightly at his next words, and looked out over the clans, her earlier misgivings returning. "I don't know... Something feels off though."

SkyClan arrived, and she noticed Leaftwirl sitting towards the front with a tom that had ears almost as large as Houndpaw's. Wait, she knew that tom, he was the one that had attacked Beartooth at Fallen Oak after the fight was practically over, when Beartooth had jumped in to protect her. What was his name again? She supposed it didn't much matter, he had been hesitant to jump in, only doing so once the fight was won, and choosing the worst cat possible to challenge. What was Leaftwirl doing with him?

Her head raised as she heard her voice, finding the source of it to be Leaftwirl. Her voice had sounded odd, though, almost pressured, and immediately her mind slipped into a diagnosing state. Her green-blue eyes glanced over the she-cat, realizing through the crowd that her stomach was swollen with kits... Really, the queen was ready to kit at any moment. Eyes wide with shock and concern, she met Leaftwirl's gaze again, and took a couple steps forward, flicking her tail to the sides of Pricklebush and Aspenheart beside her. "Did either of you bring any herbs? If not, please start keeping an eye out. We may see a kitting tonight."

She looked back at the toms, casually bringing their attention to the SkyClan queen before moving away from her spot at the base of the Greatrock with the other medicine cats to be at Leaftwirl's side. Once closer, it was all too clear what was preparing to happen, and she murmured under her breath. "Deep breaths Leaftwirl, I'm here, you're perfectly fine, things are okay. Why don't you lay down, dear, and I'll have some cat fetch you some water, how does that sound? Just stay calm, things will be alright." Her eyes locked with her mentor's, worry shining in her eyes behind Leaftwirl's head. Oh StarClan... Please let things go smoothly.

Goldengale straightened a little taller as Finchstar mentioned her ceremony, a purr rumbling in her chest as she leaned into Grousefrost slightly as the eyes of the other clans turned towards her.

Dappleshine looked over to Berrycloud as Dacepaw bounced away to fetch her friends, and hissed under her breath. "Gone? On a mission from StarClan? What did that flea-brain tell her, and where in StarClan could he possibly have gone that was more important than staying with her after she followed him? I swear, Berrycloud, if I ever see him, I will flay him with my own claws."

As her daughter approached, not one but two friends in tow, the RiverClan queen took a deep breath, calming her anger towards Sparkfrost. The tom wasn't here, but Dacepaw was, and she was going to revel in every moment. She gazed at the three apprentices warmly as Dacepaw introduced them as her very best friends, and her heart warmed at the thought of her daughter having made such good friends so quickly. Lowering her head in a nod to both of them, she purred.

"Thank you, both of you, for helping my daughter find herself. You both are very kind to do so, and I am grateful to you for doing so." Her head raised as she looked at the three, wondering for a moment what they would look like as warriors. Would they still be friends? If Dacepaw had her way, surely they would be.

The she-cat, Duskpaw, stepped forward, after smiling as she looked between mother and daughter. "Thank you," Dappleshine purred, "I grew it myself." She felt lighter than she had in what felt like moons, and even though the joke was horrible she couldn't help but take comfort in it. "Your fur is very pretty as well, Duskpaw. I'm Dappleshine, from RiverClan. I'm not sure why we smell weird, each clan smells different, and that might be why it's weird for you."

She wrapped her tail around her daughter and cast a glance over to the glum looking tom. Her head tilted slightly as she watched his expression for a moment before smiling at him. "And you're Houndpaw. Dacepaw was telling me about you before she went to fetch you, I'm very happy to meet you. Both of you."

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

September Gathering 2019 - Page 5 Giphy
Back to top Go down
rhindon

rhindon

Characters : [E]mberleap ♂ | [F]lywhisker ⚧ | [A]thena ♀
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1681

PostSubject: Re: September Gathering 2019   September Gathering 2019 - Page 5 EmptySun 08 Sep 2019, 1:00 am

Beartooth padded over to join them. Raventail greeted him with a smile and a flourish of his tail, as was quickly becoming some sort of routine, and their little group grew to three. It should have been bigger, he knew. SkyClan’s deputy waited somewhere in the crowd; Thornbriar was atop the Great Rock as she’d been a moon ago, leaving her spot empty. But for now, Raventail was just glad his companions were about as inexperienced with deputyship as he was, though they seemed a good deal more dignified about it. Finally, the newest deputy gave her name—Ivybrook—and he answered without thinking, ”Nice to meet you.” A silver RiverClan she-cat named Ivy-something… Why was that familiar?

Before the dark tom had even gotten the breath to ask, Tinystar’s exhausted voice broke through the chatter in the clearing. Raventail shut his mouth, hurriedly hiding his disappointment, and sat up. After the stir Tinystar had caused a moon ago, it was probably best to listen. The news of a trial was nothing short of shocking. Had SkyClan decided to take justice into their own paws? Ears perked, Raventail listened more closely. A life for a life. The price had been paid; though a leader could die nine deaths, it didn’t make a single one of them easier to lose. He wanted to believe Tinystar had changed. By Finchstar’s tone, his optimism was not fully shared. A moon wasn’t much time for a cat’s heart to turn. But Raventail had to be hopeful, for Leaftwirl’s sake if nothing else.

He settled back as his friend launched into WindClan’s current events, most of them new names or standings: Goldengale (for the sake of not annoying his potential partners-in-deputyship, he resisted the urge to mention just whose apprentice she’d been), Aspenheart, and the once-missing Ploverpaw. Then Finchstar brought up the most notable absence of all. Raventail closed his eyes. Hearing it from the Great Rock was somehow worse, though he'd known about it long before.

Oddly, Tinystar was the first to speak. It was still more surprising to hear him mention the trial before anything else. Lightfang wished he could pin his ears down to block out the words (he’d lived it, he didn’t need to hear this again), but he found himself immobilized, face utterly blank as he stared toward the Great Rock. The announcement was simple and swiftly given. He guessed Tinystar no longer saw a need to defend himself. To hear him tell it, justice had been done, and life in SkyClan could return to normal—a lie Lightfang would have fallen for had he been further from the heart of the issue.

Looking toward Tinystar was unbearable. Instead, he searched the others’ expressions, Finchstar’s most of all; everything he’d heard back home had named WindClan’s leader the driving force behind the initial revelation. Would the trial be enough for them? For him?

”I would let your Clanmates decide…” the red-and-white leader began, wearing a grin. He went on with a short but baffling series of phrases that left Lightfang’s head spinning, then launched into the ordinary, irrelevant goings-on of WindClan with only a brief pause. Rather than listen, the pale warrior took a moment to sort out what he’d just heard. Lightfang didn’t like WindClan’s leader sticking his nose into SkyClan’s business. What could a moor cat understand about life in the real forest? (As though Lightfang understood any better; as though the mere thought of looking down from the Great Rock didn’t make his paws quake; as though Finchstar hadn’t run down from the mountains with the rest of them, brave as any leader.) Yet he found some small reassurance in Finchstar’s skepticism. Lightfang’s worries were often ill-founded. Perhaps this one wasn’t.

The implications of that dawned shortly, scorching any relief he’d felt to dust. Suppressing a wave of panic, he turned his attention back toward the medicine cats and resumed his attempts to memorize their pelts. A dark tabby had joined them; Mosspaw, however, had vanished. Lightfang’s empty expression gave way to confusion as he realized where the calico had gone. Why was she with Leaftwirl?

Outsider Rogue I                                

disadvantaged stats active                                          
Flywhisker [40/100]
RiverClan Warrior II

Emberleap [70/160]
                               ShadowClan Warrior V

Back to top Go down
KittyKatz

KittyKatz

Characters : [M]urkyhope, [H]ickorypaw, [P]each Dead: Shadestrike, Amberwing, Eveningpaw and Treepaw
Clan/Rank : [M] Shadowclan T1 Warrior [H] Riverclan Apprentice [P] T1 Kittypet
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 485

PostSubject: Re: September Gathering 2019   September Gathering 2019 - Page 5 EmptySun 08 Sep 2019, 2:00 am

"Flintfang? Yeah I heard of him." She sounded weird to herself not speaking in the 'kit' voice she was used to "I preferred to call him Flint though. And I guess it's normal for you." She somehow found it hard to speak normally, and went back to her kit voice "awnd it's hward pwetending. I mwean we usually wove pwetending it jwust gets boring swometwimes. I pwetend I was aways apawt of Shwadowcwan becwause our 'cwanmwates' dwon't wike it when we are twue." It felt nice speaking normally again, most cats teased her for having a kit voice, others thought it was cute. "Cats make me speak like this and it hurts..." She meowed slowly "but I guess it's just more clear for others."

"Anyway, when Shadowclan broke into Stagclan they offered battle like they insisted us to eat piece of prey, I was really scared. Then came the incident..." She stopped meowing as she looked down "it was terrible, within the nursery there was a fight, a cat tried to harm our mother, a cat that Night trusted. And then..." Tears started forming in her eyes "and then... Night jumped in the way and... and.." As much as she didn't want to look back in the memory she wanted to tell it "she was just trying to save her but... but then it happened. She was hit by the cats claw... and- and then she was knocked to the side... and.. and then there was blood- lots of blood, I watched it all, I was scared, I just watched a cat murder my sister... and she was so... small... I wish it was me.. why did she have to suffer death?" She tried fighting back the tears but she couldn't, but she didn't fully cry.

She looked at Salamanderpaw for comfort, then back at Hazelpaw "our new names bring back the memory, every time a cat says our name the memory comes back, now momma has to stay with the queens, why would she hwaf to gwet the pwunishmwent..? Cinderface should've been exiled but Scorchstar made her live the life of an elder instead... what type of punishment is that?" She swallowed the tears and she spoke more clearly now. "I'd give anything to get out of Shadowclan, even though it's apparently an honor to become the leader's apprentice, I don't see any reward to it, I still don't even get respect so what's the point.

rip my babies:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: September Gathering 2019   September Gathering 2019 - Page 5 EmptySun 08 Sep 2019, 10:59 pm

✧ "Yeah, I'm grumpy, Duskpaw. You nearly drowned me in spiders." Houndpaw growled back almost immediately. Although all the little creatures had been quickly expelled, he could swear he still felt their little legs skittering across his back. It wasn't a pleasant feeling and he tried to turn his mind to something else. It was about that time he noticed Dacepaw's usual excited chattering carried his name. Houndpaw's dad is the deputy. Houndpaw is very important. He stood a little straighter, massive ears threatening to touch the sky as he did so. Out of the corner of his eye, he caught sight of Beartooth's pelt. A snarl threatened to rumble through his chest. Some kit-like desire to find self importance had dug into the idea his estranged father's position meant something. To other cats it did, it had to, he had to believe that. Otherwise, what good was his connection to the emotionless, hulking mass that had sired him?

And his attention was back to Dappleshine. The Riverclan she-cat's words were warm and gentle, underlined with a purr - a purr that was directed towards him. Immediately his head dropped slightly and any attention to the Thunderclan deputy disappeared as swiftly as smoke on the wind. Usually, he found himself complacent in bitterness. Everything was comfortable there. No cat could fall him if it was his own sharp tongue that struck first. But he was not prepared for the emotions that welled up in his chest as he stared into the face of his friend's mother. It didn't matter that she was of another clan, or that her pelt reeked of fish. Duskpaw's words for lost to him, and landed on deaf ears as they slowly dropped back against his head. He fought to find words but probably looked like some pathetic, lost kit as he peered up at Dappleshine. There wasn't even a glance in Berrycloud's direction. Distant relations mattered much less to him. The idea of a motherly figure was much more threatening, and, comforting.

As he finally found his voice, there was a slight tremble to in, which he wanted to slash his own stupid maw for, "...Hello." It was only when the elder she-cat wrapped her tail around Dacepaw that he found himself. Once again he felt the helpless panic, accompanied by pained anger, rising in his chest. His paw flickered into a slight frown as he regarded the motion. Even if this cat was her mother, they weren't from the same clan, right? Dacepaw was Thunderclan; she had to be Thunderclan. Never before had the sensation to press his coat up to that of another overwhelmed him. But it did in this moment. He wanted to curl up with Dacepaw until their scent meshed and there was no doubt where she belonged. It made him shift uncomfortably to find himself thinking such a thought. What a complicated mess his mind was. Even if he hardly acknowledged the beast of his own brain, beyond feeling the emotional tug of his thoughts, he hated it. Gatherings sure were something. ✧

✢ While the Thunderclan deputy had opted to stay silent in his greeting, he had certainly not stayed quiet in his mind. It seemed fixated on finding his Skyclan friend. She had become one of the few cats he did find a drive within him to make conversation, even if not for his sake, maybe for theirs. When she failed to arrive, his tail twitched in confusion. It only grew worse when Tinystar spoke. There was no medicine cat here for his clan. Did other cats consider that concerning at all? Maybe later he would ask Mossbloom about it. The pair had seemed to be companions before. The reminder was tucked away at the back of his mind as he dutifully listened to the rest of the announcements. Tinystar had stood trial. Beartooth hardly considered the matters of other clans; they were merely distant civilization in his mind, unless they threatened the borders. But the idea of a leader killing an apprentice had stuck with him. Even the rage in Oakstar's eyes during Ridgelight's exile had made him shift uncomfortably. Although that was also for other reasons. He could not imagine something like that happening within his own clan. And so to consider it now was something he quickly dispelled. Only a glance at Mistyrain came from the edges of his gaze. That was her burden to deal with, and he hoped she held it well. He could hardly manage the title of deputy and longed to not even sit among the clans at a gathering. That was his burden to deal with. ✢
Back to top Go down
Transient

Transient

Characters : [B]eetlekit, Torrentstar, Tigerleaf, Hailpaw, Mao
Clan/Rank : [B] RiverClan
Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 1446

PostSubject: Re: September Gathering 2019   September Gathering 2019 - Page 5 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2019, 10:24 am

After the events of the last Gathering, Tinystar's arrival garnered a great deal of unnecessary attention. Torrentstar did not look any more kindly on the SkyClan tom than the other leaders did; however, beyond a simple disdain for Tinystar's actions, he considered the whole issue to be a waste of time and energy. In his eyes, the stubby-legged leader had never been anything more than a joke. To think that Tinystar was lacking in heart just as much as he was lacking in height. Reality was disappointing for SkyClan in more ways than one. The large tabby allowed his gaze to light briefly upon Tinystar's throat, before he turned impassively away. While the Warrior Code declared that a leader's words were law, it seemed that even this great personage could not escape the claws of justice. Every one of them that stood upon the Great Rock were held accountable by their clanmates―if not by their clanmates, than by StarClan... Tinystar had been a fool, if he had thought that he could get away with murder.

As Finchstar sat back down, Torrentstar padded forward. He met the WindClan leader's gaze and acknowledged his words with a nod, but he said nothing in response. It was finally his turn to speak. For a moment or two, he simply looked out across the crowd, taking in the many gazes that were focused on him. Here and there, he caught sight of a clanmate; but most of the pelts were unfamiliar. The tendrils of apprehension he had earlier succeeded in suppressing began to rise again. Could he really make the announcement, just as Jaystar had for so many moons? He swallowed, mentally fumbling for the first words he had prepared in advance. His whiskers quivered slightly. Remember your duty. RiverClan is counting on you. He was stronger than his fears would have him believe―he had to be. Taking a deep breath, the large tabby began. "Several sunrises ago, Jaystar fell into the gorge while saving a warrior. Unfortunately, the accident took the last of his lives. He walks the stars now, but his legacy lives on in RiverClan." Unlike Finchstar, Torrentstar did not even address Tinystar. He started immediately with news of Jaystar's death. "StarClan has recognized me as the next leader, granting me nine lives along with the new name of Torrentstar. Ivybrook is my deputy." He touched on the topic as briefly as possible, not wanting to say any more than was necessary. After a moment's pause, he continued. There was the usual update now―new apprentices and the like. "In other news, RiverClan has gained a few new apprentices. Pebblepaw, Redpaw, Honeypaw, Stormpaw, Tigerpaw, and Cloudpaw have taken their places in the Apprentice Den. A warrior Hailsong has gone missing after she left the territory in search of a murderous fox. If any traces are found of her, please let us know." The announcement was almost over... Before it could end, however, Torrentstar still had to address the other issues with ThunderClan. He turned his stony gaze to Oakstar―the older tom had yet to say anything.

"Oakstar. Two moons ago, Jaystar made an agreement with you on this very rock." Torrentstar narrowed his eyes ever so slightly, his feathery tail drawing a low arc through the air. The hostility he usually displayed much more openly toward Oakstar was veiled with a certain etiquette now. Even so, it displeased him to even have to speak to the ThunderClan leader. "As the penalty for her crimes, including maiming and indirect murder, Hailpaw was handed over to RiverClan to serve and atone. The duration of her stay is now over. In the past two moons, no particular incident took place at her instigation. Once the Gathering ends, she will be returned to your warriors. I trust that you will never allow such an atrocity to take place again. The next time, RiverClan will not be as merciful as we have been." Truth be told, he did not think that the two moons had done anything for the apprentice. If anything, she had simply lain low for a time. Now that they were allowing her to return to ThunderClan, they were practically releasing a potential murderer. Releasing her went again his every better instinct, but there was no other choice but to fulfill the terms of the agreement. He turned, throwing his gaze over the crowd again. "Lastly, there is the matter of Dacepaw. Along with her father, a RiverClan apprentice defected to ThunderClan. I can say nothing for the father, but I will offer her one chance." Torrentstar took one step forward. To the cats below, his hulking form was silhouetted by the moonlight shining upon his back. He hated to admit it, but Oakstar's words had made some sense. He would give Dacepaw a chance, but one chance only. "Dacepaw, you were born a RiverClan cat and made an apprentice before the Willow Branch. Have you decided to throw away your heritage? I will say this now; RiverClan does not need deserters. Choose, and choose before the Gathering ends. RiverClan or ThunderClan? Just where does your loyalty lie? If you decide to return, I will receive you. But if you decide to stay with ThunderClan, you will never step paw into RiverClan territory again. You will no longer have any sort of bond with us. Choose wisely." With those last cold words, he headed back to the line of leaders and sat down.
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: September Gathering 2019   September Gathering 2019 - Page 5 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2019, 11:30 am

Everything was perfect: Uncleberrycloud, Dappleshine, Houndpaw, Duskpaw, and herself were all together. Dappleshine greeted them with the grace of a stream, and Dacepaw melted a little. Duskpaw's introduction was smooth and flawless, as expected. Her pale gray-brown companion looked Dappleshine up and down with amazement and wonder - a notion Dacepaw understood wholeheartedly - before murmuring softly, "Your fur is pretty." Her mother joked in response that she grew the fur herself. Dacepaw's tail wriggled like a reed in the breeze, and then suddenly a thunderous purr was rumbling like a monster in her chest as a broad grin spread across her face. Any cats nearby would be able to hear the intensity of such a purr.

A moment later Duskpaw was grinning too, and she murmured, "Your mother." Dacepaw nodded ecstatically in acknowledgement, unable to speak for being overwhelmed with joy. Dappleshine introduced herself officially, explaining that she wasn't sure why she smelled weird other than that she came from a different Clan. Dacepaw had too, once; she tried to remember to ask if she stilled smelled like fish later.

Duskpaw's introduction complete, Dacepaw's glowing eyes immediately turned and landed upon Houndpaw. What she saw was.... not what she expected. He had been sitting quite tall and proud, but as soon as her doting mother's soft gaze landed on him, he shrank ever so slightly. His ears were flattening - slowly, but surely. Dacepaw blinked, gazing at his face thoughtfully, for a moment caught in his silence and uncertainty, but the joy and expectation didn't have the time to dull before Dappleshine's gentle voice spoke to him. She was so kind, always, and her praise of Houndpaw was all that she could want. He softly said hello back. Houndpaw was rarely quiet...

Suddenly Dappleshine's thick, dark tail was winding its way around Dacepaw, and the little fluffy tortoiseshell immediately spun herself to press against her mother and face her friends. Her thick purr vibrated against the RiverClan cat's thicker pelt. When she met Houndpaw's face, however, he was frowning. Dacepaw blinked, and her purr dulled a little.

". . . Dacepaw."

Dacepaw knew that voice anywhere. Her purr suddenly bloomed agian as she sprang to her paws, her gaze shooting up past her friends and to the Great Rock where she had barely even spared a glance before. "Pawpaw?!" Dacepaw cried with delight, her squeak ringing through the clearing, and then her eyes landed on him. Yes! There he was! Scorchclaw stood atop the Great Rock - the painful facts leading up to his ascension were clouded in her memory, for now, and she'd been much too distracted to pay attention to the announcements - with his stony face and strong, honorable eyes scanning the crowd. And she listened to his words.

And her purr stopped.

And her tail dropped.

And Dacepaw stared at him with a look of uncomprehension, slowly blinking. Tears turned her eyes to glimmering lakes as the coldness of his words struck her.

"RiverClan does not need deserters. Choose, and choose before the Gathering ends. RiverClan or ThunderClan? Just where does your loyalty lie? If you decide to return, I will receive you. But if you decide to stay with ThunderClan, you will never step paw into RiverClan territory again. You will no longer have any sort of bond with us. Choose wisely." With that, Scorchclaw turned his back on his grand-daughter and the rest of the Gathering.

Dacepaw stared at the space where he'd been. Slowly, trembling, the little she-cat sank back down onto her haunches, and she answered in a soft, quaking voice, "O-Ok-k-kay...""

Okay. Choose. Choose? The tortoiseshell's gaze dropped to stare at her friends before her, her mouth gaping and slowly twisting into a sob. Dacepaw sucked in a breath and pulled her lips closed, and she leaned deeply into Dappleshine's fur and shuddered as a whimper escaped her. Choose...?

September Gathering 2019 - Page 5 VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: September Gathering 2019   September Gathering 2019 - Page 5 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2019, 11:50 am

Dacepaw's glowing eyes brought so much comfort, so much joy that had been missing from Dappleshine's life since she left. The hole she had felt in her chest ever since her daughter's tail had disappeared into the reeds was filled, even if it was just for this small, fleeting moment. She was safe, and happy, and that's what mattered. Her purr rattled against her side as she pressed into her, standing before her new friends. They certainly gave off an interesting dynamic, but they seemed like good enough cats. And Dacepaw liked them, so that gave her all the reason too, especially since they had done nothing wrong to her knowledge.

The announcements of the leaders had gone largely unnoticed, but she couldn't help but swivel her ears slightly as she heard her father's voice. He mentioned Jaystar's passing, and Hailpaw's return, and for a moment she thought his portion was over.... Until she heard her daughter's name. Dacepaw spun, searching for her grandfather, and Dappleshine turned with her. As soon as she saw his face, she realized what he was going to say.... But nothing could have prepared her for how he said it. Her beloved daughter seemed to deflate, the smile dropping, tail dropping instantly. Rage and indignation rose in her chest, and she nuzzled her daughter's ears gently as she buried her head into her fur once more. She whispered as gently as she could through gritted teeth, "Shh, darling, do not fret."

She then stood, positioning herself in front of her daughter and glaring defiantly, and almost menacingly, to Torrentstar, the tom that had accepted her and raised her as best he could through the turmoil of the flood. Despite her love and admiration for him... This was a line that could not be crossed. Her voice didn't tremble, firm as she spoke out behind her daughter's shaky one. It was frigid, and harsh at the edges, a tone unlike anything she had ever used before in her life. "Torrentstar, Dacepaw is my daughter, my flesh and blood. I understand that she has a difficult choice to make, but she is young, and confused. How could you insist she must make a decision on this scale in the course of not even a single night? Give her time to think, and really think about her decision. You wouldn't want her to make a decision in the heat of the moment that she might regret, would you?"

Her head raised as she stood straighter, all too aware that Barleytuft and Raventail, along with all of RiverClan and probably the other clans, were most likely on her. The thought of Dacepaw, lost to her forever, softened her voice, coloring it with the love of a mother for her kit. "Additionally, you're wrong, Torrentstar. As long as I breath, she will have a bond wherever I roam. I will travel to the ends of StarClan and the horizons to ensure that she always has a safe haven and home with me. I will always be available, as her mother, for her to find solace and take comfort in. No one, and I truly mean it when I say no one, will ever take that away. Not from me, and not from her. Like it or not, she will always have a bond with us. And if you make me choose, I will always choose her." Her daughter's whimpers brought her attention away from the figure on the Great Rock, and her tail flicked as she met Torrentstar's eyes on last time, pain, grief, and anger reflecting in her expression.

With that final look, she turned away from the rock that held the leaders, enveloping Dacepaw in an embrace. She had no idea how Torrentstar would react, she'd hardly been able to talk to him since he became leader. She didn't know what Dacepaw would choose.... Yet, what she said rang true. She gently groomed her daughter's ears and neck, enveloping her with love and acceptance and comfort. Her voice was only a whisper, tickling Dacepaw's ear fur. "My dear, no matter what, you will always be loved, and cherished. Don't ever forget that. I'm right here, my minnow. Take as much time as you need."

ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
Kari
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Kari

Characters : Mutiny // Webkit // Roachkit
Clan/Rank : Loner // SC Kit // RC Kit
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 909

PostSubject: Re: September Gathering 2019   September Gathering 2019 - Page 5 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2019, 1:58 pm

As the gathering began, Thornbriar found herself beginning to zone out. She was more concerned with the current state of affairs in Shadowclan than those of other clans. Tinystar prattled on about his trial, something that was clearly to be expected after the last disaster of a gathering. She'd noticed the angry, red scar at his neck, but had opted to not comment on it. The stumpy leader's rambling left her unimpressed and disinterested, so she instead decided to scan the crowd. She'd finally spotted Dappleshine by the time the Skyclanner had stepped back from the front of the rock.

The she-cat looked... happy.

The thought warmed Thornbriar's heart. As Finchstar stepped forward she wondered idly whether or not Dacekit, now Dacepaw she was certain, had come to the gathering along with her mother. The tiny kit had been such a blessing during Shadowclan's stay in Riverclan camp. Seeing her scamper about as Thornbriar lay beside Dappleshine drew soft, pleasant feelings from the scar-laden warrior.

It felt as if she had a family again.

Watching her daughter took her mind off of the tension and sorrow that plagued her every step since Scorchstar's passing.

Finchstar's words rang out over the gathering then, and she tuned in for just a moment to see if his announcement was worth listening to.

She was not disappointed.

A quiet snort slipped from her at Finchstar's goading of the skyclan runt. She didn't particularly care if it was going to bring up whispers. That? That was funny. The rest of his announcement was typical... until he turned his attention to Scorchclaw. Thornbriar watched the ginger tabby tom intently as he gave his condolences on the passing of Jaystar.

Hm...

Looking to Scorchclaw again, she couldn't help but feel a tiny flicker of regret for how she'd treated the Riverclan leader during the last gathering. He deserved it, but that was besides the point. She decided she'd make a point of asking the tabby tom beside her if he needed anything from Shadowclan after the gathering. It was the least they could do. After a moment longer, Finchstar returned to his seat and Scorchclaw took the tom's place. He clarified upon Finchstar's words, as well as sharing his new name.

Torrentstar.

She wrinkled her nose slightly at the sound of it. It wasn't... bad per-say. It was just... different.

Alien.

Flicking her tail, she kept her ears pricked to listen to the tom's words as her gaze roamed the crowd once again. Dappleshine was now surrounded by a small group of apprentices. Her eye landed on the one sporting extremely large ears first. What a strange apprentice... the cat looked something like a bat. Her gaze then slid to the dilute tortoiseshell beside him. It took her a moment before she matched the appearance of the absolute furball to the itty bitty kit in the Riverclan nursery.

Dacepaw.

A small smile warmed the half-faced she-cat's features as she watched the apprentice chatter enthusiastically with her mother and companions. The kit must be growing up well. The news pleased Thornbriar, and suddenly she was looking forward to the end of the gathering. She wanted to speak with the two she-cats. Find out how things had been...

Until her grandkit's name slipped from the newly named Riverclan leader's jaws.

The words that followed it rang hollowly in Thornbriar's ears. Dacepaw was in Thunderclan? There was a choice?

And he was calling her out in front of an entire gathering?

It took one glance at the kit's face to see that Scorchclaw had crossed a line. Lashing her tail as anger rose in her chest, she opened her jaws to speak.

Until Dacepaw squeaked out her response.

Thornbriar's heart splintered a little for the child. Even from this distance the Shadowclanner could make out the shine of tears welling in her grandkit's eyes. She hadn't realized she'd unsheathed her claws until she felt them scritch against the stone beneath her. Dappleshine piped up then, fury spiking her pelt as she glared defiantly up at Torrentstar.

"I will always be available, as her mother, for her to find solace and take comfort in. No one, and I truly mean it when I say no one, will ever take that away. Not from me, and not from her. Like it or not, she will always have a bond with us. And if you make me choose, I will always choose her."

Her daughter's words drew pride from Thornbriar. Dappleshine had grown into a beautiful she-cat and a strong warrior... that much was certain. Taking to her paws, Thornbriar brushed past Torrentstar to approach the front of the great rock. She shot him a sharp glare as she did, before turning her gaze to the gathering. "Scorchstar is gone. He gave his last lives for his clan battling foxes who'd taken to invading our territory. He was victorious, and died nobly. That is all you need to know regarding Shadowclan affairs." With that, she sought out her daughter and granddaughter amidst the crowd. She knew she shouldn't but...

She had to say something.

"Dappleshine, Dacepaw. You know where to find me."

She nodded to the pair, knowing that Dappleshine would understand even if Dacepaw did not, before turning and padding back towards her seat. The two were always welcome in Shadowclan, regardless of any turmoil they might share with Torrentstar or Riverclan. As she turned to rest on her haunches, she made a point of letting her tail thwap against Torrentstar's chest. A muttered apology left her mouth, though with her tone and her blatantly sharp look, it was obvious enough that she didn't mean it. He was wrong for calling such a young apprentice out in front of all five clans. He had to see that...

And if he didn't, she'd make him see it.

★☆★ Take what you can ★☆★

September Gathering 2019 - Page 5 QNTjwT2

Mutiny  |  Webkit  |  Roachkit
Loner  |  Shadowclan Kit  |  Riverclan Kit
40/100  |  10/30  |  10/30

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Last edited by Plooomfy Kari on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 9:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon, Flurrykit - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior [F] Unborn ThunderClan Kit
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7401

PostSubject: Re: September Gathering 2019   September Gathering 2019 - Page 5 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2019, 2:52 pm

Honeypaw's attention was stolen from Marshpaw once again as another voice rang out from the Great Rock - Finchstar. There was an air of excitement around her as she knew the least about WindClan, listening intently to his retort about Tinystar's situation and the good news he shared. Finchstar seemed like a nice enough leader, she noted as he gave his condolences about Jaystar's passing. It was nice, seeing how all of the leaders seemed to have enjoyed Jaystar's presence...She knew that tensions could be rough between the Clans but the fact that they were each taking time to expression their sorrows about the news...It was nice.

Then, Torrentstar stepped up. Honepaw's excitement dimmed as her shoulders sagged...Suddenly aware of how much the tom that stood up there...He didn't exactly look like her father. It was something in how he carried himself, something she couldn't put her tail on but she felt that familiar fear - that the Scorchclaw she knew had died when he became leader, but she shook her head and tried not to focus on it. The mention of Dacepaw caught her ear through, faintly aware of the missing apprentice as she knew how much her disappearance hurt Dappleshine. Her eyes flickered, wondering what her father was about to say...Before her ears slicked back in surprise.

What? Dacepaw was in ThunderClan? She jumped to her paws, attempting to grab a glimpse of her adopted sister. Through the crowd, she could just barely make out Dappleshine's pelt from where she had told Honeypaw she would be sitting, surrounded by some familiar pelts and not so familiar pelts. Her paws ached with the desire to dart forward, to see how Dappleshine was taking all of this but was torn about leaving Marshpaw so suddenly...

Then Dappleshine spoke up. Her ears perked, straining to listen to Dappleshine's hiss at Torrentstar, an anger in her words. Honeypaw blinked in surprise, perhaps taken aback by the fact that Dappleshine didn't seem to care about the fact that Dacepaw was in ThunderClan but instead the fact that Torrentstar had put such a choice to deal with in a single night on her shoulders. Did it not truly matter, that Dacepaw's loyalty no longer laid with RiverClan?

She glanced at Marshpaw, trying to read what her friend's thoughts on this entire situation was. Honeypaw knew that friendships between Clans were allowed, but she also accepted that her loyalty was with RiverClan - she would fight Marshpaw if she had to but...She frowned, wondering what would happen if ThunderClan and RiverClan ever fought and Dacepaw was forced to take a side in that situation....

She held her tongue, feeling far to confused and conflicted to dare say anything as brash as Dappleshine did, slowly sitting back down as she felt suddenly aware of the pelts - wondering how everybody else felt about Torrentstar's words, what did they think about her father?

There was a hope of glimmer of the topic being shifted when the ShadowClan deputy stepped up...Or, well, leader as she quickly revealed. Scorchstar? Dead? She blinked as she straighed up a bit, glancing at Marshpaw. Huh, so they had both been dealing with a change of leadership...But...She hadn't seen a deputy take a spot for ShadowClan, had one not been named? Had Thornbriar yet to gain her leader name? She frowned with a flicker of her tail...Only to be surprised one last time when Thornbriar mentioned Dappleshine and Dacepaw directly.

Confusion washed over her as she titled her head...Before she recalled Marshpaw's talk when they had first met about how ShadowClan had taken refuge with RiverClan for a while. Perhaps it was of no surprise that the new leader knew of the two personality, but she still found it rather weird...Finally, her gaze fell onto Oakstar - he was the last leader to still need to speak. Then, hopefully, this Gathering would be over and the drama would shimmer down.

September Gathering 2019 - Page 5 ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon ~ Flurrykit
TC T5 Leader ~ SC T5 Warrior ~ SkC T5 Warrior ~ RC Apprentice~ WC T2 Warrior ~ Unborn TC Kit
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue ~ Slategray
Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Characters : Kestrelkit (SkC) | Marshkit (SC)
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 2456

PostSubject: Re: September Gathering 2019   September Gathering 2019 - Page 5 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2019, 8:51 pm

The sight of Tinystar, leaping onto the rock with the wound at his neck did little to comfort Oakstar. His amber eyes narrowed thoughtfully, but as the tom claimed to have returned ‘humble and forgiven’, he lifted his head. Black ears flattened as Finchstar spoke, relaying his own announcement. When Torrentstar approached the edge of the great rock, Oakstar felt the crushing grip of worry at his chest. His gaze fell to little Dacepaw, who seemed excited and happy.

He hoped, desperately, that Torrentstar wouldn’t be cruel. He was wrong. His jaw clicked as he forced it to stay closed and keep himself from telling Torrentstar that calling her out wasn’t what he meant by ‘you should talk to her.’ The brown tabby tom seemed content to leave the news at that, and Oakstar felt a pang of pity for the she-cat and her mother down below as Dappleshine stood up for her daughter.

His gaze moved to Thornbriar as she took her place. Far different than her first showing at the rock. This time, she was more subdued, still blunt certainly, but Oakstar respected that as she mentioned Scorchstar’s unfortunate end. His head dipped mournfully. Another leader, two in a moon… great starclan… he lifted his head as she cleared the place on the rock and he rose to take it. Breathing in deeply to calm his mind.

"First of all, Tinystar, while I am glad to see you have undergone some form of trial… ThunderClan’s stance will remain as it is. How you act, from now on, will determine whether we see fit to give you forgiveness." He turned his head to the smaller tom. Amber eyes practically daring the small old tom to justify his actions again. His gaze turned to Torrentstar, then to Dacepaw and Dappleshine, then Thornbriar. Guilt racked at his chest, but it had taken an effort just to get Torrentstar to consider speaking to her.

He could hardly criticise how he did it, when he may have simply banished her as he wanted to in the first place. He frowned, thinking about it for a long moment. Unwilling to make an announcement that could undermine Torrentstar’s authority.
"Torrentstar, I’d like to see you after the announcements." He murmured, keeping his voice low so the clan cats below didn’t hear it. Then, he returned his gaze to the clan cats, allowing his voice to boom once more.
"As Torrentstar said, Dacepaw is currently a ThunderClan apprentice… but young one… I understand it is not an easy choice. ThunderClan will not hold it against you if you wish to return to your old life." He gazed down at Dacepaw, clear sympathy in his gaze for a moment before he returned to the proper announcements.

"ThunderClan has had an unfortunate moon. We have new apprentices, Duskpaw and Hazelpaw, and new warriors Grayleaf, Dawngaze and Mistwalker." He dipped his head at each cat named, letting attention fall onto them. His expression grew sorrowful as he continued. "Galeheart too had earned his warrior name, but met StarClan in battle." His head lowered mournfully for a moment before he pressed on. "The warrior Emberheart has now retired, and that is the last of the news I bring for ThunderClan." He stepped back, giving Torrentstar a look to beckon him to speak to him.

Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: September Gathering 2019   September Gathering 2019 - Page 5 EmptyThu 12 Sep 2019, 9:20 am

The leaders above spoke in their deep voices, but Duskpaw wasn't paying attention. She nodded blankly to Dappleshine as the she-cat explained the nature of different clans. The concept was funny to the apprentice, that living in a different place and eating different food made them smell funny. She didn't think those from RiverClan were so different from ThunderClan at all. Duskpaw tried to interpret why such a thing mattered. The warriors seemed to be proud of the clan they were from, but Duskpaw's father was from many clans. And he had been a great warrior. The apprentice snorted and thought her clanmates were silly for being so hostile. The words from the large brown tom atop the rock further confirmed her skepticism. His eyes were blue but his voice was serious. So much grumpiness. Duskpaw laughed out loud, maw wide in a youthful giggle. However the cats beside her seemed sad. Dacepaw had merged with her mother. Dappleshine was almost angry. Duskpaw wondered if she should ask what was ailing them, but the tears in her friend's eyes were almost off-putting. Duskpaw didn't like tears. Littlesun had cried tears when she left. Hazelpaw had cried tears when she accidentally scratched her. Duskpaw wondered for a minute what good watery-eyes could do. One couldn't hunt with their vision all blurry. And it would let enemies know that they were weak. However it did seem to tug at the apprentice's heart. She frowned as she gazed at Dacepaw, wishing her friend could be happy. "I'm sorry." She mewed solemnly, resting her tail gently over her friend's pelt. The brown tom atop the rock had made her friend cry. Over borders and clans. Duskpaw decided then that she didn't like Torrentstar. He was rude, close-minded.

"Mossbloom... thank you..." Leaftwirl gasped, glad her friend had noticed her. Even through the pain, a moment of clarity could be seen. Being close once more to her lakeside friend almost seemed to pull back those memories. Leaftwirl remembered their herb hunt, she remembered the tall twoleg nests and the shimmer on the water. Raventail had resided there as well. And Amberdawn. Oh Amberdawn. The tabby had never wanted to drive her away, and wished she could have seen the signs. Another contraction, and she grit her teeth, digging claws into the peat soil. She wanted to feel better, not from the kits that grew inside her, but from the cloud that hung over her soul. Times were dark, her friends were gone. It was strange to Leaftwirl that the light no longer shined. She gasped for air and wished to surface above the metaphorical murky water. Amberdawn had left in search of a better life. But Leaftwirl clung to the only thing that had ensured her happiness. The code, her clan, and those around her. But now that same code had left her to rot as her leader murdered and her friends left. Everything else was foreign. A life without SkyClan was uncertain to bring that same happiness Amberdawn had gone in search for. However staying in the clan was just as oppressing. Leaftwirl found she could no longer sit and fell to her side, breath coming in short exhales. Perhaps the light rested inside of her. Perhaps the kits she would birth would show her the same joy she had once felt. Adversity was terrifying, an opponent she could never face. It was cowardly, being unable to stand against her circumstances. Suddenly she felt like Sunflower, weak against the happenings of the world. A sob escaped the she-cat as the pain worsened, her stomach convulsing. She closed her eyes and wished for strength. Strength to stand on her own. Strength to be her own cat and yet live as brilliantly as she once did. Tigerleaf's pride was somewhere in the sky, and Wolffang watched above the clouds. But tonight she would create her own light. Tonight she would rage against the code and all things that once promised her solace. Leaftwirl wanted to feel better. She wanted to laugh and play and frolic in heaps of snow. Tonight she would strike out in search of light, and wouldn't stop until joy basked her frame once more.

Last edited by lemongrass on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: September Gathering 2019   September Gathering 2019 - Page 5 EmptyThu 12 Sep 2019, 9:44 am

Mossbloom hushed the queen as she thanked her. "Dear Leaftwirl, there's nothing to thank me for. I'll always be here." Concern filled her eyes as her friend started gasping, the trembling pains visible to her trained eye. As a sob escaped the she-cat, Mossbloom's expression and demeanor shifted from her usual, quiet and more timid one to a very serious and in charge one. She had no idea where the leaders were in the meeting, she had tuned them out long ago. She'd have to ask Pricklebush what she missed later. "Pricklebush! Aspenheart, Mothpaw! Get over here now. You." She looked up to the large-eared tom (Sunflower) who had been standing beside Leaftwirl. "Go get moss, and soak it in water, and bring it back as quickly as possible."

Her voice softened as she settled next to the queen for the birth that was going to happen any moment. Small white paws nudged Leaftwirl's swollen belly as gently as possible, trying to gauge how many kits there were. Her tail tip twitched once in irritation. Where in StarClan was Mintwhisker? And why was she not here, especially with Leaftwirl having come to Gathering? Casting a glance up to Tinystar, she growled to herself. She thought she felt two, maybe three... "You're doing great, Leaftwirl. Good breaths, it will be over soon, you'll be just fine. We've got lots of cats here to help take care of you. Keep up the good work." Peeking up at Pricklebush, she wordlessly portrayed her concern and fear for the she-cat and her kits before taking a deep breath.

"See if either of you can find thyme, or juniper. If there's not any, look for feverfew and borage next, it won't be much but hopefully we can scrounge up something." She looked around, finding a stick nearby, and stood to go fetch it, returning quickly to the queen's side. "Here, Leaftwirl, bite down on this. You're doing a magnificent job, my friend. Everything is okay, deep breaths."

Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Characters : Turtlefur, Goldenstar, Lynxpetal, Creekpaw, Lightningpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior, WindClan Leader, SkyClan Queen RiverClan Apprentice, WindClan Apprentice
Sagittarius Tiger
Number of posts : 8190

PostSubject: Re: September Gathering 2019   September Gathering 2019 - Page 5 EmptyThu 12 Sep 2019, 2:48 pm

"Great StarClan, Leaftwirl, are you kitting?"

Spottedleap's voice rang out, ignorant of the debate over Dacepaw and equally ignorant of how stupid his question was. He had watched the medicine cats approach his nearby clanmate without the slightest clue of what was happening until the calico she-cat began issuing instructions, and the SkyClan warrior immediately recognized the medicine cat's reassurances. Mintwhisker had spoken like that to Firflower at Sagepaw's birth, and everyone could see that Leaftwirl was quite heavily pregnant. Spottedleap had never heard of a queen giving birth at a gathering and vaguely wondered why Mintwhisker even let her leave camp in this state. Truly, he would have offered assistance, but the tom was quite out of his depth in the area of queens and kitting, and thus gave the group their room and glanced incredulously at Tinystar for even the slightest bit of reassurance.

__

Harefoot laughed at Ferretnose's joke about seeing through Beartooth with her one good eye, a gentle and breathy chuckle accompanied by a glitter in his green eyes. He had never been very good at reading cats and often found himself hoping that his friends would simply tell him when something was wrong. But many of them were private personalities, and Harefoot decided it was good that at least someone around here could accurately judge another's mood. He nodded along sympathetically as Ferretnose spoke about her time away from the forest and Hazelpaw and Duskpaw's struggles, a soft and affirming smile on his muzzle. The tenderness in her voice as she continued on surprised him and he diverted his gaze bashfully to just about anywhere but her. "Oh, you know... I really couldn't have made it as a mountain cat. I figured I belonged back home. It was a StarClan thing, I think." Harefoot replied, a bit overwhelmed by the heartwarming realization that Ferretnose was entirely genuine. "You're right, though. Sleeping in a den full of clanmates is a hundred times better than sleeping alone under the open sky."

Sun // Living Characters // Deceased Characters
September Gathering 2019 - Page 5 713E5771-31B2-4EA8-B75F-EC3A67DB4C32
Turtlefur || Tom || RiverClan T5 Warrior || Requirements || #cc9900
Goldenstar || She-cat || WindClan T5 Leader || Requirements || burlywood
Lynxpetal || She-cat || SkyClan Queen || darkblue
Lightningpaw || Tom || WindClan Apprentice || #dfd47e
Creekpaw || She-cat || RiverClan Apprentice || #4c5682
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: September Gathering 2019   September Gathering 2019 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

September Gathering 2019
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next