Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

First Steps

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Drippy

Drippy

Characters : Living: Sunpaw. Dead: so many
Clan/Rank : TC Apprentice
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 3847

First Steps Empty
PostSubject: First Steps   First Steps EmptyMon Jun 17, 2019 4:05 pm

Lynxtail trotted towards the Apprentice den, two mice clutched in his jaws. "Grheypaw, whake up! I's time for training." His voice was muffled by the mice, but he figured he got the point across. Once the cream she-cat stirred, he retreated to the entrance of camp, setting the mice down and rolling his shoulders nervously. He had absolutely no idea what he was doing. It wasn't like his mentor was the greatest example, either. He supposed he'd just have to make things up as he went along and hope that things didn't go wrong... it wasn't a very comforting plan.
His tufted ears perked as Graypaw left the den and made her way towards him. "I grabbed you a mouse from the fresh-kill pile," He mewed. "Once you're done, we can start your first official day of training." The young warrior quickly ate his mouse, only to realize with dismay that he now had to wait for Graypaw to finish eating. Was he overthinking? Probably... He licked one forepaw drew it across his ear nervously while he waited.
"Right," Once she was done, he stood and lead the way out of the bramble tunnel and into the forest, following a well-traveled trail that cut through the undergrowth. "I'll show you the territory tomorrow. I figured we'd go over a few basic hunting and battle moves today, just in case we run into anything during our tour." His bobbed tail twitched as they passed a patrol, nodding to the warriors. "We won't be joining any patrols yet," He mewed once they passed the group. "But don't worry- you'll be hunting with everyone else in no time."

He stopped in a large, grassy clearing. "This is where we'll be doing most of our battle and hunting training." Lynxtail said. "Let's begin with hunting. Start with a hunting crouch, just like this." He knelt in the grass, waiting for Graypaw to crouch beside him before continuing. "See that leaf over there? I want you to try catching it."

OOC:
On WCC, there are a few topics that explain hunting and fighting that can be found in the Rules section that we use whenever our cat hunts or fights.
When you have your character hunt, you only need to use two topics (The Hunting System and https://warriorclancats.forumotion.com/t182-rank-system).
First, you need to figure out what season it is since this affects the probability of your cat's hunt being a success. It's currently Newleaf, so we'll be using the Newleaf category.
Next, scroll down until you find the section that covers the prey your cat is catching. (The leaf section is all the way at the bottom). Since Graypaw is in Thunderclan, she'll catch the leaf if you roll anything from a 1 to a 7. If you roll an 8 or a 9, she'll miss the catch, and if you roll a 10, you'll encounter a predator.

In order to roll the dice, you have to click preview. On the bottom left, there will be a section called "dices roll". Select the "Hunting Dice" and type 1 in the "Dice Rolls" section.

Once you find out if you caught something or not, click the "edit" button and edit your post accordingly! Each attempt (whether the prey is caught or not) costs 3 SP, or stamina points. Check out the Rank System page to see what you cat's stats are. Since Graypaw is an apprentice, she has 20 HP and 80 SP. While you edit your post, make sure to also write -3 SP. Make sure you write how much SP and HP Graypaw has total- this will come in handy if she encounters a predator while hunting.

here's an example!
Spoiler:

Amess

Characters : Grayleaf(G), Mistystripe(M),Cedarkit (C)
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Tier 2 Warrior (G), WindClan Medicine Cat Apprentice (M),RiverClan Unborn Kit(C)
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 198

First Steps Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Steps   First Steps EmptyMon Jun 17, 2019 9:13 pm

Graypaw shifted in her nest, signaling that she had heard Lynxtail. As he had exited to the entrance, she sat up, grooming her fur before following suit. "Thank you." She said as she sat down to eat the mouse she had been given. She couldn't help but laugh at how quickly her mentor had eaten. "Did you have time to taste your food?" She asked,attempting to make him feel a bit more comfortable around her. She could tell from the very beginning that he was nervous by how stiff he got.

She followed her mentor into the forest, nodding as he did to the patrol they had passed. She watched her mentor intently, going as far as stepping where he stepped, as this was her first time out of camp, and yes, she was scared. She got into her hunting crouch, mimicking her Lynxtail, and charged for the leaf. With claws outstretched, she landed squarely on it, puncturing the leaf as it crumbled beneath her paws. She had succeeded in her first catch, even if it was simply something that couldn't even escape.

The prey was caught. - 3 SP.
20/20 HP
77/80 SP

ThunderClan           WindClan                        RiverClan 

Tier 2 Warrior   Medicine Cat Apprentice         Unborn Kit

Signature Art by the wonderful Kade/Jade

Last edited by Amessair on Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://clansoflegend.forumotion.com
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15121

First Steps Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Steps   First Steps EmptyMon Jun 17, 2019 9:13 pm

The member 'Amessair' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

First Steps Mistpe10
First Steps Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Drippy

Drippy

Sagittarius Monkey

First Steps Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Steps   First Steps EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 5:07 pm

"Excellent form!" Lynxtail mewed, padding up to Graypaw with a grin. She already had the basics down, and the technicalities would be fairly easy to learn; remembering to stay downwind, avoiding things that could possibly make a sound. They would all fall into place later in training.

"You're a natural." That went much more smoothly than he thought it would.
"Right- onto the second half of training." Fighting was far more complicated than hunting was, but with a little work, he knew that Graypaw would be fine. She wasn't a kit anymore, after all.
"A lot of cats will tell you that fighting is physical, but much like hunting, it requires just as much, if not more mental work. You have to be one step ahead of your opponent, ready to anticipate any possible move they could make. You also have to know the terrain and your opponent's background- cats from different clans have different strengths and weaknesses." Lynxtail's tufted ears twitched. "For now, though, we should just focus on the basics. First: your stance. Bend your legs slightly, keep your body low. You want to be able to move as quickly as possible." He quickly ducked into a fighting stance, waiting for Graypaw to copy him before moving on. "Let's test your balance. Try tapping me with one of your paws- no claws! It took me nearly a moon to be able to hit my mentor without falling, so don't be worried if you can't do it yet." Lynxtail had been unnaturally small and rather sickly, but he didn't think Graypaw needed to know that detail. He wasn't worried about Graypaw, though. She had plenty of natural talent, and it definitely helped that she'd been properly fed and cared for as a kit.

OOC: The battle system is a bit more complicated. I suggest looking over the battle and roleplay rules, just to refresh. I also totally recommend checking out this super handy Battle Tutorial that Jay posted, if you're still a little confused.

During a battle, I usually open two other tabs and pull up the rank system and battle system (which is different than the battle rules!) This helps me keep things organized so I don't have to constantly draft my post to check stats and battle moves.

The first thing I do during a battle is check the ranks of your character and their opponent(s). You don't have to make the tables first thing, but I like to because it helps me keep track of everything. As long as you end up with the tables somewhere on your post before you send it, you should be fine.
Everyone has their cat's stats or tier listed in their signature- the rank system page has all the stats for each tier listed. At the bottom of your post, make a table that lists your cat and their opponent(s) current stats. I usually make mine look like this:

Spoiler:

Next, check the Battle System page to see what moves your cat can use. Since Graypaw is an apprentice, she can use kit and apprentice moves. Choose a move and roleplay out your cat's actions based on the description (ex, if your character uses a move like Leap-And-Hold: He took a running start and leaped onto the Riverclanner's back, digging his claws into her shoulders.).

Just below your RP section, write something along the lines of: Graypaw used (move) -(X SP), -(X HP) Some people put this in bold or italics to help it stand out.
Finally, edit the tables below to reflect the changes that your post made! You can do this in a variety of ways- I usually do it like this:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Drippy on Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Amess

Amess

Characters : Grayleaf(G), Mistystripe(M),Cedarkit (C)
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Tier 2 Warrior (G), WindClan Medicine Cat Apprentice (M),RiverClan Unborn Kit(C)
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 198

First Steps Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Steps   First Steps EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 9:44 pm

"You're a natural."
The beam on Graypaw's could not have been wider. She was so happy to have been praised by her mentor, she was only half listening to what he said next. Something about physical strength and mental work? "Got it." She said, not really understanding at all.

Graypaw nodded, copying her mentor's fighting stance. It certainly felt weird. Did cats really stand like that every time they squared up an opponent? And it took Lynxtail a moon to get it right without losing his balance? She was very off balance at first, and ran wobbily towards her mentor, smacking him with a sheathed paw.

Graypaw has used front paw blow, using 5 stamina

Graypaw:
20/20 HP
72/80 SP

Lynxtail:
36/40 HP
120/120 SP

ThunderClan           WindClan                        RiverClan 

Tier 2 Warrior   Medicine Cat Apprentice         Unborn Kit

Signature Art by the wonderful Kade/Jade
Back to top Go down
http://clansoflegend.forumotion.com
Drippy

Drippy

Sagittarius Monkey

First Steps Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Steps   First Steps EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 12:50 am

Lynxtail blinked when Graypaw hit him, noting that she was just a little off balance. It wasn't anything to be worried about- she managed to stay upright, which was more than he could say when he was her age. "Good work!" He said, smiling widely. "There are only two moves that I'm going to teach you today, but they're both very useful. Now, watch closely."
The young warrior glanced around, looking for a suitable training dummy. His tufted ears perked. Aha! A fallen log would work, right? It seemed sturdy enough to hold his weight, at least. "Let's pretend that log is an enemy cat. Wait for your chance, and then, while they're distracted..." He gathered himself and leaped onto the log, landing squarely on it and digging his claws into its soft bark. "Run and jump on their backs! This is a great move to use because it pins your opponent and makes it difficult for them to fight back."
He stepped away from the log and turned towards his apprentice. "Now you try- focus on landing in the middle of the log, and try not to fall off. This is a particularly tough move to perfect, but you'll find that it can help you get out of a lot of tight spots."

OOC: Lynxtail just used the pin move Leap-And-Hold. If you look at the move on the battle system page, you'll notice that it has a note in the "special effect" category. This move is a Stun Move, which means that while you use it your opponent can't fight back. One important rule is that you can only use one pin move and one stun move per fight (this doesn't include Clan Moves) and they can only be used during a 1v1 fight OR by the outnumbered cat during a 2v1 fight. ALSO, you can't use any special effect move twice in a row~

When you use Leap-And-Hold, you have to roll the dice to see how long it will last! Once you use Leap-And-Hold, you have to wait until after you're done with that move to use another move. Here's an example:

Spoiler:

First Steps Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Steps   First Steps Empty

Back to top Go down

First Steps
Page 1 of 1