Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

First Steps [O]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Z

Z

Number of posts : 3

First Steps [O] Empty
PostSubject: First Steps [O]   First Steps [O] EmptySat Feb 17, 2024 10:52 am

First Steps [O] E3SruRs
Wrenkit

"Oh, Brave Soul.
Timid yet ever courageous.
Through cautious eyes, your hero's heart is seen.
Run on, Brave Soul, run on."

- A Wise Man who once said.

---DAY ONE: FIRST STEPS

The morning light was vast, stretching unto the once black canvas blanketed by night. As it enveloped the ever-shifting world beneath, inhabitants slowly began to wake from their slumber; one of those in particular being Wrenkit, the ever-timid tom. "Mmmn", his form shifted and stretched, soothing the light ache of a somewhat stiff night's sleep. As he rose from within his mother's comfort, he stumbled once or twice before finally nailing his posture down. Success; the first accomplishment of the day. As a kit, there wasn't much Wren could fathom at this stage - however, he did develop an appreciation for the tinier goals he could rationalize. Not causing a problem to others, not being so scared all the time. Yet, despite his attempts, a timid mind is a timid mind; part of him would always be subconsciously cautious. He just had to try his best, and somewhere, somehow, he knew things would be okay.

"There it is!", he thought, slowly approaching the light he found so curious. As he grew closer and closer to the entrance of the nursery, the morning weather coated his fur. He knew that due to his nature, his mother often suggested he not leave the confides of the nursery but...how could he resist with such an amazing view? He emerged from the entrance with a wide smile; his scared and shaky frame settling as the beauty of his surroundings overwhelmed his emotions, he could feel nothing but bliss. Letting out a soft purr, his eyes gazed first at the sky, then to the many large not yet distinguishable forms waking from their slumber. It was...breathtaking...yet at the same time...ever so frightening.

The forms were large and intimidating, the world was vast and unending, what if something dangerous ate him like his mother told him about? Taking a few steps back, he began to feel an uncomfortable weight on his mind, his chest, and his spirit. "What was this?", He wondered, retreating into the safety of the nursery. "What am I feeling"? Suddenly, his thought process had been broken as he heard approaching steps, turning around to face the origin in the hopes it wasn't his mother waking up early.
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 709

First Steps [O] Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Steps [O]   First Steps [O] EmptySat Feb 17, 2024 8:40 pm

Dandelionkit

Dandelionkit had watched the tiny kit wander towards the opening of the nursery and sat up in his nest. His mother had left the nursery to rejoin the warriors, leaving Dandelionkit to have the nest for himself. As much as his mother nagged him, it was cold without her. Dandelionkit shivered and rose to his paws to follow the little kit.

Just as he approached, the little tom turned around and Dandelionkit realized just how much he had grown. He was taller than this kit, and remembered what it was like on his first day out of the nursery. He backed up a couple of paces and sat down, curling his tail over his paws. His golden eyes seemed to look through the kit as he flicked his tail and greeted him.

"Hello, there," he mewed quietly. "It's just me, Dandelionkit." Something about the poor kit reminded Dandelionkit of himself. He was so tiny, shaky, and uncertain. His milky kit-blue eyes looked up at him with a mixture of apprehension and fear. "Would you... like to try going outside? We could go together, if you want," he offered. "It can be a little scary at first. There's a lot of new sights and sounds and feelings." He refocused his gaze and dared to meet the tiny kit's eyes. "But you'd have me with you. Umm... if you want." His eyes danced away again. "I won't touch you or anything, so don't worry."

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down

First Steps [O]
Page 1 of 1