Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Leaf-fall is finally here, and with it, the promise of colder, crueler, days ahead.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Drosophila
Former Staff
Former Staff
Drosophila

Characters : [M] Moonkit
Clan/Rank : [M] TC Kit
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4015

It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED) Empty
PostSubject: It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED)   It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED) EmptyMon 10 Dec 2018 - 18:50

Hailsong looked back at the young cats behind her. The small patrol formed by her apprentice and the rogue, Berrycloud were slowly reaching their destination as they wandered through the lands of their clan. The sun was high and even if there was a fresh breeze in the air, Sunningrocks were as warm as ever. The warrior purred when the sunlight reached her pelt, making her shivering stop. With leaf-bare soon to come and thanks to her short fur, Hailsong had been feeling colder than usual and she rather stayed inside her den than in the clearing of the camp most of the time. To be honest, she disliked at first the idea of leading another hunting patrol but it was worth it now they were here, under the warm sun. "Okay, we will hunt here. Eaglepaw, I know you can hunt by now without my help so I'll only ask you to not wander too far away from me or Berrycloud. I'll be watching your progress during the patrol and I'll inform Jaystar about it so be sure to make your best." She lashed her tail in a dismissed way and made her way to the river which was not frozen yet. They had to hunt as much as they could to survive the harsh season and there was no time to lose.

The big, fluffy warrior was smiling the whole way to the Sunningrocks, happy to be in his first patrol as a warrior. He did not longer need Aspenstrike to be correcting his hunting crouch anymore. He was finally a warrior! Berrycloud followed the smaller, more experienced warrior, flicking his tail from one side to another, eager to start. Once they finally arrived and Hailsong gave the instructions, the golden-furred warrior turned his face to his former denmate, Eaglepaw. They never talked too much as apprentices but he had seen her before. "I've heard that you will be a warrior soon too, Eaglepaw. Are you excited about it?" He purred, smiling charmingly. He knew they had to hunt and he was ready to catch some fishes but a chat never hurt anyone and the extroverted tom loved to meet new cats and have more friends.
Back to top Go down

Characters : [C]opperheart
Clan/Rank : [C] ThunderClan Warrior
Number of posts : 236

PostSubject: Re: It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED)   It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED) EmptyMon 10 Dec 2018 - 19:47

Eaglepaw gave Hailsong a small smile as the warrior turned to her and Berrycloud, dipping her head slightly before the experienced cat faced back forward on the trail. 
The apprentice did not mind the weather, in shade and out of it- her thick, glossy pelt seemed to always keep her warm even in the autumn chills. However, as they reached Sunningrocks and sunlight started to beam on her fur, the young cat could not help but purr and raise her head towards the sun, as if just a little less distance would help her take in more light. 
Eaglepaw's light blue eyes widened in curiosity as Hailsong dismissed her, then smiled to herself. Finally, she was being acknowledged and tested for her upcoming warrior rank!

The pale tabby's thoughts were interrupted as she heard Berrycloud's voice, turning to him. As much as Eaglepaw would have gone on about how great she was and that she deserved the opportunity, this was an apprentice she had never talked to before, so she had to stay pristine. She nodded with a purr, eyes gleaming back at the tom's green ones. "Of course. I look forward to being tested for a promotion to a warrior. But, that's enough about me. What about you, Berrycloud? Do you like being a warrior?"

| Copperheart |
| Tom |
| ThunderClan T2 Warrior |
Back to top Go down
Drosophila
Former Staff
Former Staff
Drosophila

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED)   It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED) EmptyTue 11 Dec 2018 - 6:29

Hailsong noticed the chat behind her yet she didn't mind it too much. If they wanted to talk, it was okay as long as they catch prey too. The experienced warrior simply walked into the river swimming to a nearby rock. She laid down there and waited for any shadow to cross in front of her. Swiftly, she hit the water, tossing the prey up. The calico cat sunk her fangs into the flesh and didn't let go until the animal stopped struggling.

Berrycloud purred back at the she-cat, happy to see that was willing to talk too. "I am very happy to be a warrior, especially after all the work I've put into it so the clan would accept as who I am. However, I do believe I can't stop now, you know? Being a warrior was just a step I had to take in order to be what I truly want to be." The large golden tom mewed with hopes and ambition in his spring-green eyes. There was a lot to do and his encounter with Firepaw n Starclan had only encouraged him to keep searching that dream. He was sure that there was greatness in his future... he just had to seek it.

He passed by Eaglepaw, wincing at her for a second before disappearing into a bunch of reeds. When he came back, a rodent was hanging from his jaws, simply killed by the quick action of his jaws. He dropped it and smiled at the pretty she-cat. "It seems Hailsong trusts a lot in you. Why don't you show me how close you are to be a warrior, Eaglepaw?"
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15468

PostSubject: Re: It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED)   It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED) EmptyTue 11 Dec 2018 - 6:29

The member 'Jay Bord' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'Hunting Dice' : 2

--------------------------------

#2 'Hunting Dice' : 3

It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED) Mistpe10
It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx

PostSubject: Re: It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED)   It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED) EmptyTue 11 Dec 2018 - 7:12

Eaglepaw was happy to see that she had chosen the right actions, for Berrycloud looked happy to talk about his dreams and goals, even if it was just for a little while. She dipped her head respectfully with a smile at the tom before he left; his words were noble and spoken of a true warrior. Not that she cared for all that, but she knew his words were spoken well and deserved to be acknowledged.

The pale tabby she-cat smiled at him as Berrycloud came back with a rodent hanging from his jaws. Eaglepaw beamed slightly at his words, then nodded and scanned the area for a large rock she could fish from. Once she found it, she made her way to it and crouched at the surface, making sure her shadow could not show. After a little while, the she-cat's paw swung at the water, flopping up a decently sized fish. Eaglepaw sunk her teeth into the creature, making its rapid movements stop before picking it up with her jaws. Bringing it back to Berrycloud, she dropped it, smiling at the tom. "How's that for a warrior?" she meowed, purring, before burying it. "We're off to a good start."

| Copperheart |
| Tom |

Last edited by 81556 on Tue 11 Dec 2018 - 7:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED)   It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED) EmptyTue 11 Dec 2018 - 7:13

d d d dice

| Copperheart |
| Tom |
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED)   It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED) EmptyTue 11 Dec 2018 - 7:13

The member '81556' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 4

Back to top Go down
Drosophila
Former Staff
Former Staff
Drosophila

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED)   It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED) EmptyWed 12 Dec 2018 - 10:52

Once she left the prey she caught, Hailsong returned to her spot, noticing from the corner of her eyes how Berrycloud and Eaglepaw were talking. She smirked a bit and then returned to her duty. As swiftly as before, the she-cat caught a fish with her jaws, this time, a little smaller than the last one. She smiled, happily and swam back to the shore. She took a glance to the two young cats and then spoke. "Keep working and we should be back in no time. Just hunt one piece of prey more." She mewed, before starting gathering all the fresh-kills they had caught.

The large warrior purred when the she-cat came back with a fish in her jaws. There was no doubt why Hailsong trusted in her skills. She was rather close to becoming a warrior as well and they will denmates soon again. "Pretty good. I'm sure Jaystar will give you your warrior name in just a few days more! You're amazing, you know? I can't wait to be working together as fellow warriors." He mewed with a smile and a flirty wincing.

The tom stepped away, getting closer to the river where Hailsong was hunting. With a flick of his tail, he invited the pretty she-cat to join him too and then, he looked down the surface of the water, waiting for his chance. Berrycloud made sure to hit the water without splashing the light-furred tabby and the fish was tossed to the ground next to him, where it struggled to get back to the water. Berrycloud finished it quickly to avoid unnecessary pain and he then turned his face once more to the other apprentice. "By the way, what would you like to be called when you become a warrior? I think Eagletalon will suit you since you're a skilled hunter... but Eagleheather or Eaglepetal will also be good ones since you're really pretty too." He mewed with no shyness. Why deny what it was obvious? She had beautiful blue eyes and a light fur unusual in the clan.

Last edited by Jay Bord on Wed 12 Dec 2018 - 10:55; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED)   It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED) EmptyWed 12 Dec 2018 - 10:52

The member 'Jay Bord' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'Hunting Dice' : 4

--------------------------------

#2 'Hunting Dice' : 3

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED)   It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED) EmptyWed 12 Dec 2018 - 12:28

Eaglepaw beamed brightly at his compliments. "Thank you, Berrycloud. I look forward to working with you as well." The pale she-cat smiled at him- she did not miss his wink but she wasn't fazed by it, maybe a little flattered though.

Her gaze turned to Hailsong for the brief moment the small warrior spoke, then nodded and turned back to Berrycloud. She followed his beckoning and crouched next to him, watching as the tom swept up a fish. She smiled at him, but was slightly startled by his straight-forwardness. Of course she was pretty- everyone knew that. She chuckled lightly, "Haha, thank you. I love those names, but there's one I've had in mind since I was a kit, and that was Eaglebrook. Brooks are so nice and calm, plus I'd love to have a name that relates to RiverClan, you know?" She smiled to herself, then focused on the water in front of her. After a short wait, her paw swiped at the water and flew up a fish to the empty spot next to her where Berrycloud did not cover.

| Copperheart |
| Tom |
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED)   It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED) EmptyWed 12 Dec 2018 - 12:28

The member '81556' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8

Back to top Go down
Drosophila
Former Staff
Former Staff
Drosophila

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED)   It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED) EmptyWed 12 Dec 2018 - 14:52

Hailsong finally approached her apprentice and saw her progress, noticing that she didn't fail a catch in the whole trip, just as she expected. With a proud smile, the warrior fixed her eyes in her blue eyes. "You did good today, Eaglepaw. I'll tell Jaystar that your hunting training is over but that doesn't mean we won't be joining more patrols in the future. Congrats. Now, let's go home. Berrycloud, please help me by picking the prey you caught. That goes for you too." With eh instructions given to the young cats, Hailsong grabbed the two fishes and then led the way back to the camp. The dilute-furred cat was happy with the results of the patrols. They had been lucky this time considering leaf-bare was about to start. More than ever, Riverclan needed to have a good provision of food so they could survive.

The tom purred at her suggestion and nodded, affirmative. "It's indeed a pretty name and I think it will suit you well." After all, both brook and stream were suffixes related to graceful swimming and beauty in Riverclan. Even though he hadn't seen Eaglepaw swim, there was doubt in his mind that she was capable enough to compete with the best considering her pure Riverclan blood.

With the last prey Eaglepaw caught, the hunting was over but Berrycloud didn't want to stop talking with her. She seemed nice, friendly and sure of what she wanted, just like him. Maybe they couldn't talk anymore during the patrol... but they were still clanmates! Now that hey had introduced themselves properly, there would be more chances of developing a nice friendship or maybe something more. This time, once Berrycloud picked up the water rodent and fish he caught, as Hailsong ordered, he walked closer to the apprentice, smiling at her, friendly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED)   It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED) EmptyWed 12 Dec 2018 - 17:28

"Thank you once again, Berrycloud." Eaglepaw purred. Her gaze turned at Hailsong's voice and her light blue eyes resting on her mentor's approving ones, Eaglepaw smiled back proudly. She nodded at the small warrior before going to pick up her two catches and join her and Berrycloud. Through the prey she was carrying, she smiled back at Berrycloud. The she-cat had never really interacted too much with anyone other than her mentor or her mother, but this was nice. Silently hoping inside her head they would get to speak more, Eaglepaw followed the two back to camp.

| Copperheart |
| Tom |
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED)   It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED) Empty

Back to top Go down

It's a Nice Day to Hunt (CLOSED)
Page 1 of 1