Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Not

Not

Number of posts : 3732

Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED) Empty
PostSubject: Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED)   Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED) EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018 - 6:35

Firepaw was an apprentice and definitely ready to hunt. Btw couldn't go out alone, though. Shade could easily kill him. So why not take two others with him? He trotted up to two talking apprentices and asked them, "Hey, I'm Firepaw, you want to go hunting? The prey pile needs filling."

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED)   Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED) EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018 - 6:51

Lightpaw rolled his eyes good-naturedly at Mottledpaw, watching the dark tortoiseshell tom bat some moss between his paws rapidly. "Aren't you supposed to be in the nursery, Mottledkit?" Lightpaw joked, but Mottledpaw immediately hooked the moss in his direction and his bright white paws instinctively flew up to catch it and draw it down to his mouth. He and Mottledpaw laughed, and they settled in time to watch another apprentice approach them.

Mottledpaw sat up immediately, fixing him with a hard green stare. He tried to decide if he should allow Firepaw to think he knew better about when to hunt. I know exactly who you are, he thought to himself, the kit of a murderer, rogue, and traitors - two traitors.

Lightpaw glared at Mottledpaw for half a second before turning kindly to Firepaw. "Of course," he said, trotting over to the other apprentice, "Mottledpaw and I need to make ourselves useful, and we're less likely to have to clean the elders' den if we have caught some prey. Right, Mottledpaw?"

Lightpaw turned his head to stare with sickly sweetness at his friend, knowing he had said the right thing. It was an honor to take care of the elders who had given so much for their Clan, but Mottledpaw loathed the task and would do just about anything to escape it.

Mottledpaw let out a huff and replied shortly, "Alright, fine." He padded up to his newly formed patrol and mewed, "I'm one of the best hunters in the Clan, so you'll probably need me."

Once again Lightpaw rolled his eyes, grinning aside at Firepaw, and together they all padded out of camp.

Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED) VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Not

Not

PostSubject: Re: Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED)   Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED) EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018 - 7:10

Firepaw winked at Mottledpaw. "I'm sure you are." The tom confirmed flirtatiously. He spun around and elegantly strode towards the entrance. "How about the Beech Copse? It's not a common hunting ground." He suggested.

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED)   Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED) EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018 - 7:19

Mottledpaw jumped slightly away from Firepaw, looking mildly dumbstruck, as though he had touched something cold. He certainly hadn't expected such a friendly response to his usual boasting - only Lightpaw really tolerated it. And he certainly hadn't expected Firepaw to be so friendly. Isn't that how his rogue father wormed his way into this Clan anyways, though? He shook the thought and followed the others out of camp.

Lightpaw snickered at the entire exchange, knowing exactly what Mottledpaw had thought of Firepaw's response. The white apprentice mewed in reply, "I'm good to head there. It's not too far from camp in case we run into trouble." He didn't need to specify which type of trouble he meant.

They walked for a short while and made it to their destination. Mottledpaw was delighted that the forested area sounded rich with prey today, while Lightpaw scented carefully for any predators that might be around. When they confirmed that the coast was clear, Lightpaw nodded to Mottledpaw to begin the hunt.

The dark tortoiseshell apprentice nodded, padding a short distance to where he had caught the scent and light scrabbling of a vole. However, his long, wild fur caught on a small clump of grass on the ground, and Mottledpaw muttered, "Darn." as he watched a blur of gray-brown disappear into a small hole in the ground.

Lightpaw shrugged, knowing that sometimes failure was part of the hunt.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Last edited by sumashira on Tue 25 Sep 2018 - 7:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15018

PostSubject: Re: Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED)   Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED) EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018 - 7:19

The member 'sumashira' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED) Mistpe10
Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Not

Not

PostSubject: Re: Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED)   Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED) EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018 - 7:35

"Ah, we're just starting. I'm sure your next catch will go better." He attempted to comfort Mottledpaw, before hunting a hare. He knew it was a hard try, but why not? Through some miraculous act of Starclan, he killed the hare before it even knew what was coming.

Last edited by Jade on Tue 25 Sep 2018 - 8:56; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED)   Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED) EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018 - 7:35

The member 'Jade' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 1

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED)   Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED) EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018 - 11:15

Mottledpaw shot a glare at Firepaw when the tom tried to comfort him, but as he opened his mouth to snap at the other apprentice Lightpaw flicked his tail over his mouth to silence his cry; the two RiverClan toms watched Firepaw track a hare. Mottledpaw smirked - RiverClan cats didn't eat hare, and they weren't built for it. There was no way the apprentice would be able to catch it. However, his certainty turned to surprise and disdain as the other apprentice managed to snag it and kill it.

While Mottledpaw was frustrated, Lightpaw was amazed and meowed, "Wow, Firepaw! Well done." The white apprentice shot another look at Mottledpaw, warning him not to be hostile. He had no reason; the other tom was obviously proving himself capable. Lightpaw padded past Firepaw, wondering if he might find a hare, too. Perhaps there were more than one nearby?

Mottledpaw snorted and turned the other way, spotting a bird pecking among the bushes. He crouched and prepared to pounce. However, the bird seemed to turn as if it already knew he was there, and with a cry of alarm it took off into the trees. Mottledpaw grimaced, embarrassment flooding his fur. Oh, great, I can't even do as well as the half-rogue, he thought bitterly.

Lightpaw mumbled, also unable to find hide or hare of something to chase.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Last edited by sumashira on Tue 25 Sep 2018 - 11:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED)   Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED) EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018 - 11:15

'Hunting Dice' : 7, 6

Back to top Go down
Not

Not

PostSubject: Re: Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED)   Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED) EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018 - 11:28

Firepaw gave the two other cats a sympathetic look before moving a bit away, spotting a bird at the roots. Instinctively he dropped to a hunting crouch, identifying it as a robin. He landed squarely on its back, killing it with a nip to the neck. "Maybe a little more prey before we go back?"

Last edited by Jade on Tue 25 Sep 2018 - 11:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED)   Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED) EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018 - 11:28

The member 'Jade' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 4

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED)   Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED) EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018 - 12:02

Lightpaw nodded, impressed at Firepaw's skills. Even if he and Mottledpaw didn't manage to catch anything, Firepaw had caught enough for all three of them. Lightpaw made a mental note to get to know Firepaw better; chances were that Mottledpaw wasn't the only cat who was reluctant to give him a chance due to his heritage. In the meantime, however, the white tom hoped he'd be able to catch a mouse or anything at all to take back to camp. I must be better at fishing, Lightpaw admitted to himself.

Mottledpaw snorted at Firepaw's attitude, but he had to admit he was grateful that they weren't turning back just yet; he wanted a chance to prove that he could hunt. However, a strange scent flitted to his nose. I haven't smelled all the prey in the world, Mottledpaw thought cautiously, but that doesn't smell like prey to me. Curiously, he picked his way through the underbrush, not bothering to call out to his companions; he may not have been on his hunting game, but he was confident in his fighting abilities if it came to it.

Mottledpaw heard something crash through the bushes, and suddenly he found himself face to face with something bizarre - the creature was a little larger than a full grown cat (and therefore somewhat larger than him, an apprentice) and with dark gray-brown fur, a dark face and rings on its tail. "H-Hey guys?" he stammered, unable to peel his eyes away from where they were locked on the other creatures.

Drawn by the scent of fresh blood, the raccoon was drawn in hopes of obtaining scraps. In a flash, the creature (though Mottledpaw and Lightpaw had never seen or heard of one before) let out a snarling shriek, launching forward with lightning reflexes to rake its claws in rapid succession across Mottledpaw's muzzle. He let out a yelp and immediately turned tail to run, blinking blood out of his eyes and crying out, "Guys! Predator! Help!" Mottledpaw had never seen something like this before, and its lightning speed made his heart drop.

Raccoon used Quick Swipe on Mottledpaw, doing 20 HP and costing 10 stamina. Mottledpaw is no longer able to fight.

Raccoon [30/30] [290/300](-10)
    Mottledpaw [0/20](-20) [80/80] {KO'ed}

Mottledpaw barreled past Lightpaw, who had lost the mouse he'd been tracking at the sound of Mottledpaw's panicked question, followed by the predator's shriek and his friend's yelp of pain. Lightpaw's fur bristled and he called, "Firepaw! Let's work together!"

The white apprentice charged at the raccoon, splaying his claws as he launched himself at the creature. Lightpaw and the raccoon tumbled for just a moment before Lightpaw quickly recovered to his feet, snarling with rage at the invader. He would keep it distracted while Firepaw readied his attack.

Lightpaw used Run-and-Tackle on Raccoon, doing 9 HP and costing 10 stamina.
    [b]Lightpaw
    [20/20] [70/80](-10)
    Raccoon [21/30](-9) [290/300]

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Last edited by sumashira on Tue 25 Sep 2018 - 12:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED)   Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED) EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018 - 12:02

'Hunting Dice' : 10, 8

Back to top Go down
Not

Not

PostSubject: Re: Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED)   Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED) EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018 - 15:31

Firepaw turned and, eyes widening, ran over. He'd heard about these creatures. They were ferocious. "Mottledpaw!" He yelled. With all his might, he took both paws and shoved the thing's head into the water, struggling to keep it there.

Firepaw used Underwater Clinch, using 10 stamina and dealing 6 damage. Raccoon is stunned for 1 turn.
Lightpaw [20/20] [70/80](-10)
Raccoon[15/30](-6) [290/300]
Firepaw[20/20] [70/80](-10)

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED)   Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED) EmptyWed 26 Sep 2018 - 11:23

Lightpaw was relieved when Firepaw was next to attack the creature, and even more impressed with his fellow apprentice's skillful move that was unique to RiverClan. Lightpaw nodded, impressed with his Clanmate, and dashed up to claw at the creature's hindquarters as it flailed desperately in the water under Firepaw's iron grip.

Lightpaw used Front Paw Strike, doing 6 HP and costing 10 SP. Raccoon is unable to attack this turn.

Lightpaw [20/20] [60/80](-10)
Raccoon [9/30](-6) [290/300]
Firepaw [20/20] [70/80]

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED)   Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED) Empty

Back to top Go down

Three Apprentices and... Well, That's It(CLOSED)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next