Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Hunting Patrol Time (Again)!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

Hunting Patrol Time (Again)! Empty
PostSubject: Hunting Patrol Time (Again)!   Hunting Patrol Time (Again)! EmptyTue 21 Nov 2017 - 12:16

Each time was getting easier for the young deputy. Organizing patrols weren't so hard as he thought. Actually, it kinda suited him. Jaystream always liked being responsible and organizing each day the duties he had to do as a warrior. Now that it was on his paws deciding who would go on patrols and when... he felt more like himself. However, he still had some confidence troubles and at the end of the day, he always struggled about mistakes he could have done.

He left the warrior den as usual and looked around searching for any cat that could be interested in a hunting patrol. "I'm going to lead the morning hunting patrol. Everyone that wants to join me and my apprentice is free to join us at the entrance of the camp." The deputy walked toward the entrance after the short announcement and there he waited for Duskpaw as moved his tail lazily.

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
Hunting Patrol Time (Again)! Signat14

Last edited by Jay Bird on Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 2:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lilacwish

Lilacwish

Clan/Rank : Shadowclan kit/Loner/kittypet / windclan app/Riverclan kits
Number of posts : 459

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Patrol Time (Again)!   Hunting Patrol Time (Again)! EmptyTue 21 Nov 2017 - 14:44

Duskpaw had heard the call and made his way over quietly with an eager smile. He looked to his mentor and gave an ever so slight stretch

Stormpaw of Starclan  Brownpaw Starclan   Cherryblossom starclan     Fennelpaw of Starclan.   Torrentpaw Starclan    Cherryfang Of Thunderclan    Mapleshade of Skyclan  Duskpaw/shade of Riverclan.   Lilacpaw of Skyclan.     Lynxpaw of Thunderclan
Back to top Go down
Dingorok

Dingorok

Characters : [T]oadleap | [A]shpaw | [S]toatpaw | [C]obwebkit | [P]umakit
Clan/Rank : [T]TC-young warrior | [A]RC-apprentice | [S]ShC-apprentice | [C]Loner-kit
Number of posts : 376

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Patrol Time (Again)!   Hunting Patrol Time (Again)! EmptyTue 21 Nov 2017 - 16:31

Ashpaw heard the call and tilted her head out of interest. Ever since her apprentice naming ceremony, she had yet to start any actual training. In fact, she hadn't seen her assigned mentor, Batfang, since. Maybe he's off training Sandpaw, the silver she-cat thought to herself. If he's busy... and if that's the case, I think I should take this opportunity to get started on my own training.

Nodding to herself once hesitantly, she padded off to join the cats that were already by the entrance. Seeing Jaystream and Duskpaw, she approached them and meowed quietly, "Hello... You said you were going on a hunting patrol? My name is Ashpaw; my mentor's not with me, but I'd like to come along, if you don't mind." Although she didn't exactly feel comfortable starting her training without the permission of her mentor, her tail was raised with hopefulness that this experience would turn out well.

OOC: Just to make it clear, I know how to use the hunting system, but this is Ashpaw's first training post; Batfang's RPer Lux actually said it was okay to join this thread. I'm just RPing Ashpaw's hesitancy. Wink

CLICK HERE- Romance/fighting plot looking for toms of any clans!

Hunting Patrol Time (Again)! Y7g3q6fuHunting Patrol Time (Again)! Russian-blue-catHunting Patrol Time (Again)! Shutterstock_138013388-300x300Hunting Patrol Time (Again)! Grey-Ragamuffin-Kitten-Sitting-Garden

Toadleap's IC: #6600ff | Ashpaw's IC: #00cc66 | Stoatpaw's IC: #cc0000 | Cobwebkit's IC: #ffcc00
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6022

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Patrol Time (Again)!   Hunting Patrol Time (Again)! EmptyTue 21 Nov 2017 - 22:41

Swanpaw made her way to the deputy. "May I join you?" she asked politely, waiting for a response. It was yet another chance to spend time with her Clanmates, the kind of thing she had spent so long avoiding. Besides, she really needed to work on her own training - she was older than some of the younger warriors, for StarClan's sake.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Patrol Time (Again)!   Hunting Patrol Time (Again)! EmptyWed 22 Nov 2017 - 2:38

OOC: Okay, I think we're ready! Use the hunting system if you want the hunting requirement done ;)

IC:

The tom smiled a bit seeing that the ones who joined him were apprentices. It was easier for him to talk to them instead of other warriors. "Of course I don't mind, sister. You can learn a bit from me if you want." He said to the grey she-cat that was his half-sister. Then, his green eyes glanced at the other she-cat. "You too. Come with us, Swanpaw. We're going now." The tall tom left the camp with three apprentices following him from behind.

Leafbare was here. He could feel the familiar coldness of the snow approaching. This was the season when he was born so it always brought him warm feelings. So many things changed from way back then, but at the same time, everything stayed right here too. Riverclan was strong and healthy like always, having new kits and apprentices like them.

After some time walking, the deputy arrived at the shore of the river. "This will be our hunting spot for today. I expect two pieces of prey for each of you, okay? Swanpaw, you're older and more experienced on this so can you please help Ashpaw with her hunting? Duskpaw, you're going with me. You have to train too."

The warrior guided the young tom to the river and then he jumped on a rock. Not moving his tail, he stayed crouched, seeing the clear water swirl around him until a silver colour appeared on his vision. His right paw hit the water with a small splash and the fish was tossed away to the rock, where Jaystream killed it with a strong bite. He returned to the shore, buried the fish and then he looked at Duskpaw. "Fish is our main food resource so fishing is a skill that every cat must dominate. It's easier than regular hunting. You just need to be patient and quick when the time comes. Now, go and try it."

Back to top Go down
Lilacwish

Lilacwish

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Patrol Time (Again)!   Hunting Patrol Time (Again)! EmptyWed 22 Nov 2017 - 9:12

Duskpaw blinked yellow eyes as he followed his mentor quietly. His eagerness dimmed as he listened intently and a sort of seriousness took hold as he nodded. He moved to where his mentor had been and watched the water before he tried and swiped a paw into it. He watched as the silver fish landed on the ground and he killed it quickly giving a smile as he finished so. He caught his first peice of prey with no problem. He looked to his mentor

Stormpaw of Starclan  Brownpaw Starclan   Cherryblossom starclan     Fennelpaw of Starclan.   Torrentpaw Starclan    Cherryfang Of Thunderclan    Mapleshade of Skyclan  Duskpaw/shade of Riverclan.   Lilacpaw of Skyclan.     Lynxpaw of Thunderclan

Last edited by Lilacwish on Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 9:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Patrol Time (Again)!   Hunting Patrol Time (Again)! EmptyWed 22 Nov 2017 - 9:12

The member 'Lilacwish' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 4

Hunting Patrol Time (Again)! Mistpe10
Hunting Patrol Time (Again)! Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Dingorok

Dingorok

Clan/Rank : [T]TC-young warrior | [A]RC-apprentice | [S]ShC-apprentice | [C]Loner-kit

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Patrol Time (Again)!   Hunting Patrol Time (Again)! EmptyWed 22 Nov 2017 - 10:41

Ashpaw beamed at Jaystream. This was the first time she had actually spoken to him, although she had seen him around the camp before due to his prominence as deputy. She was glad he seemed nice. "Thanks, Jaystream." She followed him and the other two apprentices to the river side.

She pivoted to look all around her before turning back to all the other cats. Her green eyes glittered in wonder at the still flowing water, the red and gold trees standing out from the more barren trees, and the crisp blue sky. "This is actually the first time I've been outside of camp," Ashpaw commented.

Hearing Jaystream's instructions, Ashpaw nodded her head and then turned towards Swanpaw. Smiling, Ashpaw asked, "I've never been hunting before, so can you show me how it's done?"

Hunting Patrol Time (Again)! Y7g3q6fuHunting Patrol Time (Again)! Russian-blue-catHunting Patrol Time (Again)! Shutterstock_138013388-300x300Hunting Patrol Time (Again)! Grey-Ragamuffin-Kitten-Sitting-Garden

Toadleap's IC: #6600ff | Ashpaw's IC: #00cc66 | Stoatpaw's IC: #cc0000 | Cobwebkit's IC: #ffcc00
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6022

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Patrol Time (Again)!   Hunting Patrol Time (Again)! EmptyWed 22 Nov 2017 - 11:02

Swanpaw nodded to Ashpaw. "Of course I can." She settled into a comfortable position at the edge of the water, waiting for the familiar flash of silver to pass by, and as it did so she swiped her paw, sending it onto the land beside her. Swiftly, she delivered a bite to its struggling body, and purred with satisfaction as it stopped moving.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3

Last edited by Holly on Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 11:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Patrol Time (Again)!   Hunting Patrol Time (Again)! EmptyWed 22 Nov 2017 - 11:02

The member 'Holly' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Patrol Time (Again)!   Hunting Patrol Time (Again)! EmptyWed 22 Nov 2017 - 13:01

The tom purred gladly by the success of his apprentice. "That was perfect, Duskpaw. Now, let's try a different fishing technique. Look at me." The tall tom approached the river and entered the water enough so the surface would reach only his paws. For a few seconds, he stayed still until one clumsy and distracted fish swam too close. He dipped his head toward it and grabbed its back with his jaws. The silver animal shook violently trying to escape but the warrior was strong enough to keep it down until it was dead.

Jaystream tossed the fish to the shore before returning with his apprentice. "Now is your turn." After saying that, his eyes looked at Swanpaw with a smile. "By the way, good catch, Swanpaw. Why don't you give it a try, Ashpaw? I'm sure you'll do it great."

Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Patrol Time (Again)!   Hunting Patrol Time (Again)! EmptyWed 22 Nov 2017 - 13:01

The member 'Jay Bird' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 7

Back to top Go down
Lilacwish

Lilacwish

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Patrol Time (Again)!   Hunting Patrol Time (Again)! EmptyThu 23 Nov 2017 - 8:26

The tom lifted his head and watched his mentor quietly taking in every movement before he was told to try it and gave a nod. He stepped into the cold water quietly and stood still waiting before his saw a flash of silver and dove his head down to catch it in his jaws. His jaws clamped down around the struggling fish as it tried to get away but he soon killed it and brought it back to Jaystream beaming.

Last edited by Lilacwish on Thu 23 Nov 2017 - 8:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Patrol Time (Again)!   Hunting Patrol Time (Again)! EmptyThu 23 Nov 2017 - 8:26

The member 'Lilacwish' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

Back to top Go down
Dingorok

Dingorok

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Patrol Time (Again)!   Hunting Patrol Time (Again)! EmptyFri 24 Nov 2017 - 22:02

Ashpaw nodded at Jaystream and mewed in her high but quiet voice, "I'll try."

Padding over to the sandy shore near where Swanpaw stood, she murmured to herself, "Maybe I should go a distance away, since all of the fish are probably startled from the last swipe at the water."

She walked along the edge of the shore until she was some fox-lengths away in a patch of tall grass next to the river. The grass cast a long shadow into the water. "This is perfect, since all the fish will already be used to the shade," she purred to herself. She sat down in the yellowed grass and closed her eyes, re-imagining Swanpaw's technique. When she felt confident, Ashpaw opened her eyes, leaned over the side, and poised her outstretched claws to strike at the school of fish.

In a flash, the silver she-cat successfully scooped up an equally silver fish from the river. Elated, she beamed and picked up her still-moving fish before walking back to the other cats with a cheery face. Dropping the now still fish near her paws, she meowed, "I did it! Thanks, Swanpaw, Jaystream!"

Last edited by Dingorok on Mon 27 Nov 2017 - 19:55; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Patrol Time (Again)!   Hunting Patrol Time (Again)! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunting Patrol Time (Again)!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next