Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Just when everything seemed... normal [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ice

Ice

Characters : Fuzzface, Curlyfluff, Sweetheart, Molehill
Clan/Rank : (F)WC/T5, (C)TC/T5, (S)TC/T2, (M)WC/T2
Libra Dragon
Number of posts : 5896

Just when everything seemed... normal [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Just when everything seemed... normal [closed]   Just when everything seemed... normal [closed] EmptySat 3 Sep 2016 - 20:43

Kicking a pebble out of the way with his paw, Antdrop padded out of SkyClan camp. The small rock tumbled around a fox length or two away and came to a peaceful stop. The little object reminded him of Pebblethorn, the mate who didn't love him and left. Pebblethorn... yeah, a thorn in my side alright, he thought angrily, letting out a hiss of anger. On top of his usual sour mood, thinking of his mate and dead kits weren't helping. The black tom had hoped to get out of camp and enjoy the territory, but once again, his plans were ruined. Not really thinking of a destination, the sleek, black tom let his paws take him wherever they intended to go. For a while, he seemed to be wandering through the territory, until he stopped. In front of him was a large boulder, split almost symmetrically down the middle. He could smell prey, but wasn't really in the hunting mood.

Jumping up on the rock, Antdrop let out a sigh. The sun shown through the small canopy of trees and onto his pelt; the warmth was wonderful. After a few moments of attempting to lay in the best position, he finally settled down. Birds sang their high pitched songs, prey scurried around the forest floor, why didn't any of it feel peaceful? What really frustrated him was that he didn't feel calm or happy, just his usual, grumpy self. Raking his claws angrily along the rock and placing them in front of him, Antdrop laid his head down on his paws. Pebblethorn, his kits, they were all gone, and he had no one. Well, no one besides a father that rarely paid attention to him, sisters who constantly bickered, a brother who was practically useless, and Rabbitpaw. Sweet, innocent, little Rabbitpaw. He loved his daughter, he truly did. But at times, he felt as if he wasn't fit to be her father, much less a role model. She was so pure, so wonderful, more than he deserved. Would she grow up to be a hateful ball of fur like him? Or would she remain strong and be true to herself?

Fearing his daughter's future, Antdrop was awakened from of his thoughts when he heard something nearby. "Hello?"

gym rat    crazy poodle lady    mst

Just when everything seemed... normal [closed] VHQrlk5
Just when everything seemed... normal [closed] 1QYZaRo

Just when everything seemed... normal [closed] Molex311
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Former Staff
Former Staff
Shadow

Characters : Bramblekit
Clan/Rank : Windclan kit
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 6644

PostSubject: Re: Just when everything seemed... normal [closed]   Just when everything seemed... normal [closed] EmptyTue 6 Sep 2016 - 17:39

"Oh, um... Hi, Antdrop," Rabbitpaw stammered as she padded up to the rock her father lay across. She had tried to speak to him before he left the camp, but unfortunately, she couldn't catch up to him fast enough, and when she did get close enough to him, they had traveled pretty far and she figured it would have been awkward to say anything by that point. It only made her feel weirder. At the same time, however, this was the first time that she had ever been out of camp. She looked around amazed at all of the sights. The trees reached up to the sky so beautifully; she was sure they were touching the clouds. The ground felt weird underneath her paws but it was a good feeling. When they reached the stone, she stood mesmerized it for a short time, not having seen anything like it before. She was sure it was her gasp that had caught her father's attention.

"How... How are things?" she asked, hoping that he was okay. He had seemed to be off lately. All of her memories of him were happy and fun. He always gave her attention and made sure that she was always having fun and was doing well. Now he looked... almost unwell, and she was concerned for him. She wanted to make him feel better, but she didn't know how.
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Libra Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Just when everything seemed... normal [closed]   Just when everything seemed... normal [closed] EmptyWed 7 Sep 2016 - 20:27

Before him stood Rabbitpaw, whom he just so happened to be thinking about. Did StarClan send her here on purpose? Pushing away the unconvincing thought, he looked down to his daughter and a natural and genuine smile grew upon his muzzle. In the midst of his sour mood and hard feelings towards his family, Rabbitpaw make him complete. Silently, he motioned with his long, black tail for her to sit beside him on the perfectly warm rock.

"Things are... okay, I guess," Antdrop meowed in reply, not sure if he needed, much less wanted to share his feelings with Rabbitpaw. Then again, she was his daughter, the only cat he had left to truly love, maybe it was for the best? "How about you?" the tom asked after a few moments of silence, wondering what brought the apprentice here.

Back to top Go down
Shadow
Former Staff
Former Staff
Shadow

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Just when everything seemed... normal [closed]   Just when everything seemed... normal [closed] EmptyFri 9 Sep 2016 - 16:43

Following his subtle request, Rabbitpaw timidly padded up to the rock, climbing on top of it with a sheepish grace before settling down next to her father. It was a pleasant feeling, actually. The rock was very warm compared to the air around it and it felt nice through her fur. When he had asked about how she was doing, she looked up only for her gaze to shoot to the ground bashfully. "Oh, don't worry about me. I've been okay. I'm just... concerned for you, is all. Are you feeling well? I know I just started my training, but I... I can try to make you feel better if you're ill. I'm sure that Oceanlight will help me out too! I'll do my best!" she said, quickly turning the conversation back around to him. She wasn't much for attention and focusing on herself felt strange.
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Libra Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Just when everything seemed... normal [closed]   Just when everything seemed... normal [closed] EmptyFri 9 Sep 2016 - 18:09

Laying on the rock in shock, Antdrop didn't know what to say. No one had ever asked how he was doing, much less cared to listen to his answer. For the longest time, he'd felt like a shadow, always sitting at the edge of camp and watching from a distance. But now, Rabbitpaw and him were hanging out, some good 'ol fashion father daughter time, and nothing could be more perfect. Still unsure of how to respond to her question, he remembered that she was still waiting for an answer.

"Ill?" he started, almost chocking on his words, and looked to Rabbitpaw, tilting his head curiously. Did he really seem ill? His mood was never the best, but sick? "No, I'm not ill. Just a bit disappointed that's all," the black tom meowed, nodding his head. "Well, it's kind of hard to explain..." Compared to him, Rabbitpaw was a ray of sunshine and he didn't want to pass his selfish burden onto her, but maybe talking about it would help him cope with it all?

Letting out a sigh, he knew that if he was to talk to anyone, she was the one. "It's just... I feel so... unwanted," Antdrop said softly, looking down to his paws. "Crowstar and Snowstorm are always so busy, my sisters are always bickering, and Tinylegs... I don't even know anymore."

Back to top Go down
Shadow
Former Staff
Former Staff
Shadow

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Just when everything seemed... normal [closed]   Just when everything seemed... normal [closed] EmptyTue 20 Sep 2016 - 17:10

Honestly, Rabbitpaw didn't quite know what to say but she knew how he felt. She didn't have a whole lot of friends and now as a medicine cat apprentice, she was constantly busy learning new things and felt pretty isolated from the rest of the camp. She wasn't sure if it was supposed to be that way or not but she felt rather lonely at times. Even so, she tried to stay positive. Nudging her father with the top of her head, she scooted a little closer to him to try to comfort him. "I'm here!" she mewed happily, looking up at him with a reassuring expression. "If you need anyone to talk to at any time, I'm here for you Antdrop. You aren't alone."
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Libra Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Just when everything seemed... normal [closed]   Just when everything seemed... normal [closed] EmptyWed 21 Sep 2016 - 19:57

Antdrop couldn't help but smile at her enthusiasm and a content purr escaped his throat. Spending the time with his daughter made him realize how little time he'd spent with her, and he knew that a great father-daughter relationship is what cats needed now and days. "I'm so proud of you," he meowed still laying down and nudging his head against her side. "And I'm so glad that I've been blessed by StarClan to have you in my life, you're more than any cat could ever ask for," the tom had never said anything so sincere, even to his mate, whom never really loved him anyway. But now, he knew what his true purpose was; to protect his kit.

Back to top Go down
Shadow
Former Staff
Former Staff
Shadow

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Just when everything seemed... normal [closed]   Just when everything seemed... normal [closed] EmptyFri 23 Sep 2016 - 20:32

I freaking love the two of them this is wonderful ;w;

"Oh, well I don't know about that..." she mewed bashfully. She hadn't been complimented like that before. It was weird but it felt nice that there seemed to be someone who genuinely cared for her. Of course, Antdrop had always been there, at least at a distance. Now, she was so excited that she was able to go out on adventures with him since she reached of age. Sure, she wasn't doing what she was supposed to be doing, but she needed to get out from time to time. "But I really try. I want to help everyone in the clan. That's why I became a medicine cat. If I can't help my own father then I don't know how I would make it when I get my medicine cat name!" she told him lightly. She was glad to see him smile, but she was sincere about wanting to help him first. He would always hold a special place in her heart.
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Libra Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Just when everything seemed... normal [closed]   Just when everything seemed... normal [closed] EmptySun 25 Sep 2016 - 18:04

Letting out a chuckle, he turned his gaze from Rabbitpaw to the trees, watching as some birds flew around, jumping from branch to branch. Sometimes he wished that he had wings so he could fly away from his problems, but it wasn't like that dream would ever be granted. Shaking the thoughts away, he let out a content sigh. Having wings wouldn't be great if he didn't have Rabbitpaw with him. Opening his muzzle to say something, a loud growl noise made him shut his jaw. Bellow the Halfstone, a good sized fox slunk out of its hole, teeth bared and glared at the two cats with its beady eyes.

Frozen stiff from fear, Antdrop didn't move an inch. "Rabbitpaw, run," he whispered, not letting his gaze leave the fox. The sly creature seemed to be confused as how to get to the cats, but it didn't hesitate in trying to reach them. It crouched down and swung its tail too and fro, preparing to jump onto the rock. But Antdrop wouldn't let this wretched thing get to his daughter, never! "Run!" he yowled, jumping down from the rock, he met the fox halfway and they both fell to the ground in a furry of hissing and screeching. How could something so wonderful become bad so quickly?

Back to top Go down
Shadow
Former Staff
Former Staff
Shadow

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Just when everything seemed... normal [closed]   Just when everything seemed... normal [closed] EmptySun 25 Sep 2016 - 19:59

Her own gaze followed Antdrop's as he looked to the trees. Unfortunately at the moment, she wasn't so keen on wanting to be a bird as much as wanting to eat one. She hadn't realized how hungry she was until they fluttered away from branch to branch. The only thing that had snapped her out of her daze was the terrifying growl that she had never heard before. Immediately, she jumped to her feet, hackles raised as she felt her claws dig into the rock beneath her. As she stared down, all she could focus on were the bared teeth of a creature she had never seen before. It was huge and menacing; she could feel her whole body go numb with adrenaline. The only thing that reached her were Antdrop's words to run as he leaped down at the furious monster.

With a sharp gasp, she was knocked to her senses. Her first instinct was to run the opposite way and followed it she did. She leaped off of the rock only privy to the sounds of the fight just on the other side as she dashed for some sort of cover. Immediately, she ran for the closest tree, her claws scraping against the bark as she forced herself up. She had slipped ever so often, not having climbed something so high before but the fear she felt surge through her was enough to get her to a rather tall branch. When she got there, she could barely breathe, but she forced herself to turn and look for her father nonetheless. "Antdrop!" she cried, her eyes landing on the fury of the two animals below her. "Antdrop, run!" her pleas were desperate. She hoped that he could hear her but she didn't know if he could even get away at this point.
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Libra Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Just when everything seemed... normal [closed]   Just when everything seemed... normal [closed] EmptyMon 26 Sep 2016 - 6:29

In a fury of panic and adrenaline, Antdrop made it to his feet just in time to jump out of the fox's grasp. He could practically hear its claws swiping through the air, and winced, knowing that it could've been his pelt that the paw hit. The fox gave a screech and leaped for the cat, but Antdrop was ready. Clumsily moving out of the way, he raked its belly which sent it tumbling to the ground in a heap of pain. That will teach you! Before he was able to jump at the beast once more, the sound tiny whimpers and squeaks caught his attention. Kits? No, far to weird to be a kit.

Turning around, three fox cubs peered out of their hole in the rock. Their eyes shown of worry and fear and at that moment he knew what was going on; this fox was simply protecting her cubs, just like he would do for Rabbitpaw. He couldn't hurt her, she had a family, little ones to take care of, and in a way, him and the fox had the same motives.

Before he was able to turn around or flee, the fox's paw smacked into the back of his skull, sending him flying. Antdrop skidded to a halt after sliding on the earth and hit the boulder, knocking the wind out of him. Gasping for air, tears filled his eyes and he tried to find the fox, but everything became blurry. They may have had the same motives, but they were nothing alike.

OOC: Coonly can join now if she wants.

Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9993

PostSubject: Re: Just when everything seemed... normal [closed]   Just when everything seemed... normal [closed] EmptySat 1 Oct 2016 - 13:13

How did he end up back out in the territory again? The last time he managed to get out in the territory in his weakened state he had a rather large tree branch fall on him.. The leader didn't know why he was taking risks when he wasn't fully recovered but he couldn't stand to sit in that den a moment longer. The big black fluffy leader shook his head clear of any negative thoughts before continuing to move through the territory. Though he paused when he heard sounds.

The leader stood with his head high in the air. His ears perked up listening for the source of the sound, and what the sound was. He found himself sprinting towards the sound as soon as he learned that it was a sound of a battle, though it didn't sound like it was between two cats. The black leader soon stumbled across his son fighting a fox, and his medicine cat apprentice up in a tree.

The black leader let out a growl and jumped for the fox ignoring the weakness in him. "Leave them alone!" As soon as Crowstar felt the fox under him, he dug his claws into the fox, and sunk his teeth into the back of the orange creature. He couldn't lose his family, he couldn't lose his clan members.

Windclan ✦ Thunderclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Kit ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Former Staff
Former Staff
Shadow

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Just when everything seemed... normal [closed]   Just when everything seemed... normal [closed] EmptySat 1 Oct 2016 - 13:57

The sudden appearance of Crowstar filled the apprentice with a wave of relief as she watched him join the fight. It didn't last long, however. She had heard what had been going on with him lately and that he wasn't in the greatest of states, but he could help Antdrop! With a worried look, she continued to watch the two tackle the fox below, guilt creeping through her as she sat in the tree. The idea of her being weak for not helping suddenly crawled through the back of her mind as she sat there in the safety of the tree. "Be.. Be careful!" she cried, knowing that it wasn't going to be enough.
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Libra Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Just when everything seemed... normal [closed]   Just when everything seemed... normal [closed] EmptySun 2 Oct 2016 - 19:49

Before he was able to do anything, a familiar and somewhat unwelcomed scent rushed over him; Crowstar. The one cat whom he didn't want to see at a time like this just so happened to show up and start to fight off the fox. No! Don't fight my fight for me! he wanted to screech but stayed quiet. How embarrassing, his weakened father, coming to his rescue. Would he ever get a chance to prove to his father that he was a worthy warrior? Apparently not.

With his dizziness subsiding, Antdrop stood up and shook dust from the dusty earth off his pelt. He wouldn't let Crowstar get all the credit, Rabbitpaw would see that he was a great father! Running towards the fox, he slid under the beast, raking his claws against its soft belly. He didn't want to kill it since it had a family of its own, but teaching it a lesson would be good enough. The fox gave a loud screech and shook Crowstar off, not wasting any time and running off into the brush. Breathing heavily, he looked back to the fox den. The cubs stopped their whimpering and slid back into the den, not making a peep. She won't be bothering us for a while, he thought to himself with satisfaction.

Remembering that his father was still around, he looked back to the older tom, fire burning in his eyes. "Where you trying to kill yourself? You're supposed to be resting!" the black tom hissed, trying to make his anger not sound so selfish, although it was true. Crowstar could've easily lost a life and even though he was protecting Antdrop and Rabbitpaw, it was a stupid idea. Not that Antdrop really cared if he lost a life, but under all his anger no matter how much he wanted to he couldn't change the fact that the leader was his father.

Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9993

PostSubject: Re: Just when everything seemed... normal [closed]   Just when everything seemed... normal [closed] EmptySun 2 Oct 2016 - 20:17

Crowstar turned to his son, not sure how to react about the anger in Antdrop's voice. Shouldn't he be glad that he had help? Shouldn't he be glad that he and Rabbitpaw was safe? If the leader hadn't intervened then he would be down a warrior, and maybe a medicine cat apprentice. The leader wasn't sure how to respond but he needed to respond. "If I wasn't out here I would have lost a warrior, and a son as well as a medicine cat apprentice." The leader said his voice still a bit weak and kind of raspy.

"Your lives are worth a whole lot more than mine." The black fluffy leader said. He wasn't good with things like this. "And it's my duty as a leader to protect my warriors, my clan. And my duty as a father to protect my wonderful family." He said looking at Antdrop. Despite his eyes being dull, there was a shine to them that said he was speaking the truth.

Windclan ✦ Thunderclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Kit ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just when everything seemed... normal [closed]   Just when everything seemed... normal [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Just when everything seemed... normal [closed]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Territory :: Halfstone-
Jump to: