Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Did you know you can drown in rivers? [OPEN TO RC KITS/APP & ICEE]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Did you know you can drown in rivers? [OPEN TO RC KITS/APP & ICEE] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you know you can drown in rivers? [OPEN TO RC KITS/APP & ICEE]   Did you know you can drown in rivers? [OPEN TO RC KITS/APP & ICEE] - Page 2 EmptySun 11 Oct 2015 - 20:32

With his nose filled with water, and his fur wet in places he didn't know could be wet, Duskfall took a second to recognise who had dashed over to take two the kits and warm them. He looked at her a little dazed for a second, before her familiar voice triggered his memory and he barely contained a jolt of instinctual defensiveness. It was the RiverClan deputy, Mistfeather. They were hardly on good terms, despite the last gathering being a somewhat neutral event for once. When she thanked him, as thankful as one was willing to sound to the enemy, he found himself in a perplexing situation.

"It was no trouble. Kits are kits. I have no doubt RiverClan would do the same for us." He tried to sound certain, but really, he didn't know if that was true? Would the fish-fa- the other clan cats do the same for them? Mistfeather looked sincere enough, but as far as Duskfall was concerned, RiverClan cats were like the fish they so liked to eat. Slippery, and a pain to try understand. The moment you felt like you had the upper hand, they wiggled out of it with ease.

Leaning down once more, he made sure Barrenkit was dry as he could be. Leaving the black calico as she looked mostly dry already. The tom's green eyes never left the other deputy's however, still wary of her considering he was technically trespassing. With his nose cleared, the overwhelming scent of RiverClan was starting to make him a little antsy. The sooner he was back on his side, the better he'd feel. But there was the matter of the four kits, it was only polite to offer despite how itchy just being here made him feel. "Do you need assistance taking these kits back to camp? This one seems to waterlogged to walk."
Back to top Go down
Icee
Former Staff
Former Staff
Icee

Characters : Magpiepaw, Greenpaw, Mosskit
Clan/Rank : [MP] SC Apprentice || [GP] TC Apprentice || [MK] WindClan Kit
Aries Tiger
Number of posts : 2708

Did you know you can drown in rivers? [OPEN TO RC KITS/APP & ICEE] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you know you can drown in rivers? [OPEN TO RC KITS/APP & ICEE]   Did you know you can drown in rivers? [OPEN TO RC KITS/APP & ICEE] - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Oct 2015 - 14:04

"I hope you all learned your lesson. All that matters is that you are safe and returned to your mothers as soon as possible." She gently pawed their heads and smiled. Even she would admit that she was afraid they were in a much worse situation. They were lucky to have Duskfall around when he was. They were also lucky he did not hesitate to save them, even if they were RiverClan.

Despite his best attempts, Mistfeather could see the tensity in his gaze. She wasn't eager to have the tom on her land, but under the circumstances she could let their rivalries pass for the moment. "Of course. I would hate to think that my kits were out and in danger without anyone to save them. I'm sure your clan is no different," the deputy replied. It was uneasy talking to Duskfall in such a... civil manner. Their clan rivalry was well known throughout the forest, and Mistfeather knew the brown tom would not hesitate to retaliate if she showed any sign of aggression. She sure had found herself in a difficult position.

Letting out a small, awkward cough, the silver she-cat bent down to pick up the four kits. She froze as her mouth opened, and returned her green eyes to his. It was odd, hearing his offer. She had assumed he would leave the marshy land as soon as possible. Any RiverClan cat knew how much ThunderClan despised the water, but here the deputy was, offering to trek through their enemy's waterlogged territory. "I can carry four kits by myself. I raised eight at once, you know," the she-cat meowed proudly, and picked up Ripplekit and Slushkit before turning in the direction of camp. She wouldn't turn down his offer out of stubborn pride. She did not like the weight and stress four kits caused her jaw, and any relief was welcomed. Mistfeather could trust him this much. He did save her clanmates after all. "I will not slow down, even if your paws get wet." It was hard to speak through the kits' fur even after growing accustom to it. But in spite of her statement, she slowed her normal pace and padded down the driest path she knew.

Did you know you can drown in rivers? [OPEN TO RC KITS/APP & ICEE] - Page 2 N05yAsy
magpiepaw ┗━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━┛ greenpaw
PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Did you know you can drown in rivers? [OPEN TO RC KITS/APP & ICEE]   Did you know you can drown in rivers? [OPEN TO RC KITS/APP & ICEE] - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Oct 2015 - 20:04

If Mistfeather was surprised that Duskfall offered to help, Duskfall was equally surprised that she accepted his offer in her round about way. The tom suppressed any sign he was shocked, however, maintaining this unspoken agreement of civility towards each other while the kits remained with them. He had no doubt if he ever met her again this side of the river, she'd claw his ears over and then some. But for now, he could have faith this wasn't some dastardly RiverClan trap. After all, he'd been the one to offer assistance. If Mistfeather had planned for the kits to fall in the river, and then for Duskfall to offer to help, just to lure him to his death, he would willing die and accept that StarClan meant for his death.

"Eight?" Duskfall mewed impressed. The idea of large litters that contained more than the usual two-five wasn't a completely new idea to him. His own daughter, Hawkstrike had borne seven in her largest litter with Frozenflame. She'd been gaunt and thin by the time they were all old enough to eat freshkill from feeding them all by herself. To think that Mistfeather had birthed more than his daughter as she stood before him, fierce and beautiful as ever. He couldn't help the grudging respect for her bloom.

"I'll try my best, do try resist the urge to lead me through streams and rivers deliberately." He joked without thinking in a moment of insanity. Perhaps he'd hit his head on one of the rocks in the stream. He'd nearly forgotten who he was talking too. To distract from the moment, he swiftly picked up Barrenkit and Willowkit in his jaws. Something to keep his jaws occupied from saying anything more and accidentally starting another war. "Lead the way, I'll follow."

He followed her through the surprisingly dry path, his last experience in these lands involved being drenched and falling into hidden puddles in the reeds. This was much more tolerable, not that he'd remember this path. Everything looked the same to him, and it all stunk of RiverClan and fish. There were no landmarks he could keep track of.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you know you can drown in rivers? [OPEN TO RC KITS/APP & ICEE]   Did you know you can drown in rivers? [OPEN TO RC KITS/APP & ICEE] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Did you know you can drown in rivers? [OPEN TO RC KITS/APP & ICEE]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2