Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Mourning over a loved one's death (open)

Go down 
+2
Toy
Bloom
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bloom

Bloom

Characters : (F)rozenflame ||| (E)mberleaf ||| (B)lazingleap ||| (A)dderpaw||| (C)rowpaw ||| (G)ingerkit
Clan/Rank : (F): Thunderclan/Deputy ||| (E): Windclan/Elder ||| (B): Thunderclan/Newly Appointed Warrior ||| (A): Shadowclan/Apprentice ||| (C): Riverclan/Apprentice
Leo Number of posts : 2969

Mourning over a loved one's death (open) Empty
PostSubject: Mourning over a loved one's death (open)   Mourning over a loved one's death (open) EmptyFri 17 Jul 2015 - 8:22

A wail came from the center of the recently moved into camp as a silhouette hovered over a body which laid on the ground. A group of rouges had dropped the beaten-up carcass off earlier and this tom was devastated. This wasn't just a random dead cat, this was a Thunderclan warrior who had been taken by Twolegs just a week or two ago. This tom, laying sprawled out in the middle of camp was a father and grandfather, an appreciated warrior who had saved the deputy's life before when the deputy was a kit. This tom was Blazingheart. "Father, why did you leave me?" The silhouette cried out in the inky black night.

His tears glimmered in the moonlight as they trickled down onto the inert body. The silhouette, Frozenflame, bent down and muzzled his father for the last time. He came down into a laying position and closed his eyes, more tears coming. How could Frozenflame live, now that his mate was screwed up and his father was dead? Frozenflame looked up at Starclan and yowled, not caring if he woke up any sleeping cats. Starclan, guide me through this tough time. Please accept my father into your midst and help me live with this tragic death and all my problems.

Mourning over a loved one's death (open) Image13

Mourning over a loved one's death (open) Roh7nXW
Back to top Go down
Toy

Toy

Characters : {L}oudkit // {Ca}ramel Apple
Clan/Rank : Some returning nerd from long ago!
Cancer Number of posts : 2240

PostSubject: Re: Mourning over a loved one's death (open)   Mourning over a loved one's death (open) EmptyFri 17 Jul 2015 - 8:26

Silkpaw bounded out of the apprentices' den, clearly alerted. "What's wrong?" She cried.

Loudkit of RiverClan~6600ff ~Caramel Apple, Rogue~996600
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mourning over a loved one's death (open)   Mourning over a loved one's death (open) EmptyTue 21 Jul 2015 - 5:29

Duskfall came out of the warrior grimly, following the sounds of grief pouring from Frozenflame's wails. When he heard that Blazingheart had been kidnapped, he'd prayed to Starclan everyday that his friend lived. That he managed to escape without a scratch, but the pained wail of Frozenflame and the scent of Blazingheart made it clear. His old friend was gone.

The brown tom walked out into the clearing, looking mutely at his friend's body. He half-heartedly nudge the body, hoping, wishing that it was just a joke. That Blazingheart was alive and with him. But it was not meant to be. His friend was lost, gone to be with StarClan. And all he could do was mourn.

He was about to sit next to Frozenflame and offer a shoulder to lean on when Hawkstrike came out of the warrior's den as well. The cream she-cat looked gaunt and thin, but there was a pained determination in her eyes. Duskfall nodded to her in acceptance, and remained in his place in silent vigil for a friend lost.

Hawkstrike knew her relationship with Frozenflame was a mess, and mostly due to her paranoia. But even within her madness, she loved the tom and it broke her heart to see him in pain. Though she feared her presence would be refused, Hawkstrike came over anyway. After all Frozenflame had done for her, she could risk rejection if it meant he had a shoulder to lean on. He would have done the same for her, regardless of how their relationship was.

So she came over and sat next to him quietly, a silent offer of support and love.
Back to top Go down
Bloom

Bloom

Characters : (F)rozenflame ||| (E)mberleaf ||| (B)lazingleap ||| (A)dderpaw||| (C)rowpaw ||| (G)ingerkit
Clan/Rank : (F): Thunderclan/Deputy ||| (E): Windclan/Elder ||| (B): Thunderclan/Newly Appointed Warrior ||| (A): Shadowclan/Apprentice ||| (C): Riverclan/Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Mourning over a loved one's death (open)   Mourning over a loved one's death (open) EmptyTue 21 Jul 2015 - 6:40

Frozenflame didn't reply to Silkpaw. He was to busy mourning over his father's death to to anything. As more cats came, he felt Hawkstrike slither into place next to him and he rested his head on her shoulder. "Why did Starclan do this?" he asked her quietly. He wasn't just talking about Blazingheart or Hawkstrike and him's relationship, he was talking about everything that was wrong or a problem in the world. The tom didn't expect an answer as he sobbed into his unusually thin X-mate's (I guess) shoulder.

Stormstrike watched from the entrance of the warrior's den, too shocked to come out. This is not happening, it's all a dream, she told herself as she hid tears in her burning eyes. The she-cat crawled back into the den and curled up next to Soaringwing, falling back to sleep with troubled thoughts.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mourning over a loved one's death (open)   Mourning over a loved one's death (open) EmptyTue 21 Jul 2015 - 7:36

"I don't know, Frozenflame." She also wasn't simply talking about Blazingheart's death or their now tense relationship, but also the loss of their kits, their siblings and their friends. How many tragedies had their clan faced over these moons, she could hardly count. All these deaths and losses had taken it's toll on the once sweet she-cat, but there was enough kindness and love within her to offer Frozenflame once more. She let the tom lean on her, holding him up when he was weak.

Back to top Go down
Hollyleaf

Hollyleaf

Characters : (D)Whitefoot (E)Silverdapple(G)Rainfire (H)Oakpaw (I)Rainkit
Clan/Rank : (D) Riverclan/Warrior (E) Windclan/Warrior (G)Shadowclan/Warrior (H)Skyclan/Apprentice (I)Windclan/Kit
Aries Cat
Number of posts : 1479

PostSubject: Re: Mourning over a loved one's death (open)   Mourning over a loved one's death (open) EmptyTue 21 Jul 2015 - 9:45

Fawnpaw padded into camp worn out from her late night outing with Summitpaw, her fur fluffing up as she scented the fear and sadness. She gave a mewl and rushed to her father's side nuzzling into him. She was secretly pleased that Hawkstrike, her mother, was doing the same.

Windclan~ Silverdapple- Warrior
Shadowclan~ Rainfire- Warrior
Skyclan~ Oakpaw- Apprentice
Windclan~ Rainkit- Kit
Back to top Go down
Blaze

Blaze

Characters : Sunpelt; Dawnkit; Tawnykit; Hazelkit; Mosskit
Clan/Rank : Flamestripe - TC/StarClan Warrior; Sunpelt - TC/Warrior; Creammist - RC/StarClan Warrior; Meadow - BC/Dead; Swiftpaw - WC/StarClan Warrior; Heatherpaw - TC/Starland Warrior; Sorrelpaw - TC/Starland Warrior
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1690

PostSubject: Re: Mourning over a loved one's death (open)   Mourning over a loved one's death (open) EmptyTue 21 Jul 2015 - 10:24

Sunpelt, awoken by the wailing, hurried out the den. He smelled fear and grief, and the fur on his spine prickled nervously. Fighting to keep calm, the yellow tabby hurried across the clearing, his ears pinned back. He saw the small group of cats and a broad body stretched across the rock.

He walked solemnly over to the group and sat down next to Fawnpaw. As Sunpelt looked closer, he saw with a stab of horror that the dead body was Blazingheart. He gasped, grief-stricken. Blazingheart, though not his mentor, had helped him through training; had helped him through his silent hardships. And now this cat was dead. "No," he whispered, staring blindly at the shape.

Blazingheart had been so strong, so loyal, so determined, right to his last breath. I will pass down his memory for as long as I live, Sunpelt vowed to himself. He looked over to Frozenflame, and sadness pierced his heart. Frozenflame, the strong warrior, was his cousin, and to know how much he had been through hurt him. He had faced so many troubles, though had so strongly pulled through them.

Whimpering slightly, Sunpelt crept over to Frozenflame and pressed himself against his cousin's side. Looking over Frozenflame's shoulder, he saw Hawkstrike doing the same. He slowly rasped his tongue over his cousin's ear, though he knew one small gesture like that could never ease Blazingheart's son's pain. "I'm so sorry," was all Sunpelt could say.

He left Frozenflame for a moment to bend down and press his muzzle to Blazingheart's cold fur. "I looked up to you when you were alive. You taught me so much, yet you were not my mentor. I will still look up to you in the stars, and I will continue to trust you with my life. Let StarClan receive you with grace. You died so bravely. I will never forget you, uncle." Then he stepped back and sat with his tail curled around his paws, pelt brushing Frozenflame's.

~

Meadowpaw heard the screech and scrambled out of her nest. She dashed across the clearing but stopped dead when she saw the huddled, grieving group. Slower now, the cream she-cat tiptoed closer. Seeing her uncle pressed against Frozenflame's flank, Meadowpaw wondered if it was okay to talk to him.

Deciding it was, the young apprentice hurried over to Sunpelt and pressed her muzzle into his shoulder fur. "Sunpelt.... What happened?" Meadowpaw gasped quietly. But she knew what happened. Though she had never met Blazingheart, she knew he had been a powerful and honorable warrior. Sunpelt had told her many stories.

Suddenly feeling scared, Meadowpaw whimpered and pressed herself to the ground. She leaned forward hesitantly and briefly pressed her muzzle to Blazingheart's shoulder. "I'm sorry I never met you, Blazingheart. But I know you will be watching me and ThunderClan from the stars. I know you were a noble warrior, and I believe you will continue on to be one in the ranks of StarClan." A bit nervous that she had chosen the wrong words, she crept back and pressed herself to the ground again, trembling next to Sunpelt. She snuggled into her uncle's foreleg and looked up at the sky. Where is Blazingheart? she wondered.

Click here to join Warriors New Trek!

Sunpelt|HP-60/SP-200|ThunderClan
Dawnkit|HP-5/SP-15|ThunderClan
Tawnykit|HP-5/SP-15|ThunderClan
Hazelkit|HP-5/SP-15|RiverClan
Mosskit|HP-5/SP-15|RiverClan

Sunpelt won Third Place in the Great Warriors Popularity Contest!
Back to top Go down
Hollyleaf

Hollyleaf

Clan/Rank : (D) Riverclan/Warrior (E) Windclan/Warrior (G)Shadowclan/Warrior (H)Skyclan/Apprentice (I)Windclan/Kit
Aries Cat

PostSubject: Re: Mourning over a loved one's death (open)   Mourning over a loved one's death (open) EmptyTue 21 Jul 2015 - 11:23

OOC~ The feels

Windclan~ Rainkit- Kit
Back to top Go down
Toy

Toy

PostSubject: Re: Mourning over a loved one's death (open)   Mourning over a loved one's death (open) EmptyTue 21 Jul 2015 - 12:02

Silkpaw blinked. "Blazingheart... I should have been there for him... I watched him die..." The white she-cat whispered, a sharp stab of guilt and sadness run through her skinny body. She tightly closed her eyes, letting waterfalls of tears run down her cheeks.

Back to top Go down
Blaze

Blaze

Clan/Rank : Flamestripe - TC/StarClan Warrior; Sunpelt - TC/Warrior; Creammist - RC/StarClan Warrior; Meadow - BC/Dead; Swiftpaw - WC/StarClan Warrior; Heatherpaw - TC/Starland Warrior; Sorrelpaw - TC/Starland Warrior
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Mourning over a loved one's death (open)   Mourning over a loved one's death (open) EmptyTue 21 Jul 2015 - 12:56

Meadowpaw gasped, and immediately stood up from her tight crouch. "Oh, Silkpaw! Don't blame yourself... please. It's bad enough for me that a cat I never met, who is still my Clanmate, died. Please don't blame yourself." The cream apprentice hurried over to her denmate's side. She pressed herself against Silkpaw's shivering body and buried her muzzle in her fur. She rasped her tongue over Silkpaw's ear.

~

Flamestripe hurried from the warriors den. He stared down at Blazingheart's limp body, and pure grief threatened to overwhelm him. "Father!" he yowled. "No!"The orange tabby threw back his head and let out a yowl of grief. "Why? StarClan, what have you done? Blazingheart is my father!"

Tears welled in his eyes and dripped to the floor, creating a puddle at Flamestripe's paws. But he didn't care. No, no, no, no! Father! Oh, my beloved father! Why? He threw himself to the ground and buried his muzzle in Blazingheart's fur. He pressed himself against his father's cold pelt, and leaned his head on his shoulder. Why him...?

Worn out by grief, Flamestripe let out an agonized sigh, and pressed closer to his father. Why did this have to happen?

Back to top Go down
Toy

Toy

PostSubject: Re: Mourning over a loved one's death (open)   Mourning over a loved one's death (open) EmptyTue 21 Jul 2015 - 12:59

"Meadowpaw... You don't understand. I watched him die without doing anything. I have to blame myself." She explained between sobs. Silkpaw smiled a little bit, but still cried, with no sign of stopping.

Back to top Go down
Hollyleaf

Hollyleaf

Aries Cat

PostSubject: Re: Mourning over a loved one's death (open)   Mourning over a loved one's death (open) EmptyTue 21 Jul 2015 - 13:03

Fawnpaw got up from her father's side to comfort the young apprentice, Siilkpaw, "There were other cat's there too, and they aren't blaming themselves." She licked the she-cat's ear trying to calm her down.

Windclan~ Rainkit- Kit
Back to top Go down
Blaze

Blaze

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Mourning over a loved one's death (open)   Mourning over a loved one's death (open) EmptyTue 21 Jul 2015 - 13:15

Meadowpaw nodded, and licked Silkpaw's ear one more time. Then she went to sit down next to Sunpelt again.

Back to top Go down
Cat

Cat

Characters : berrykit ; goldenkit
Clan/Rank : riverclan / kit ; shadowclan / kit
Gemini Dragon
Number of posts : 4281

PostSubject: Re: Mourning over a loved one's death (open)   Mourning over a loved one's death (open) EmptyTue 21 Jul 2015 - 15:51

Littlefang sighed. "I'm sorry Blazingheart. I know you are my fathers best friend, so thank you for being there. I hope you have a wonderful time in Starclan, and a day will come when we join you." He whispered to the cat who did so much for Littlefang's father and for the clan.

#9999ff
| #ffcc00

my active characters ~ my profile
Back to top Go down
Bloom

Bloom

PostSubject: Re: Mourning over a loved one's death (open)   Mourning over a loved one's death (open) EmptyTue 21 Jul 2015 - 17:52

Frozenflame held back a shutter of sobs as he watched Flamestripe grieve. He licked Hawkstrike's cheek hesitantly, for they were still mates but there was tension between them...at least, he thought they were still in some sort of mate relationship, then went over to his brother and put his tail onto his back, laying down next to him. "Flamestripe, I'm sorry for not being there for you more often. You are my little brother and I need to watch out for you," He said quietly. For some reason, Frozenflame felt like part of the other tom's sadness was his fault for not being a good brother. The grey and ginger tom then rested his muzzle on Blazingheart's back and closed his eyes, tears silently pouring down.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mourning over a loved one's death (open)   Mourning over a loved one's death (open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Mourning over a loved one's death (open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next