Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

WCC Halloween Party 2011

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Rainy

Rainy

Characters : Heatherpaw
Pisces Buffalo
Number of posts : 5137

WCC Halloween Party 2011 - Page 3 Empty
PostWCC Halloween Party 2011

WCC Halloween Party 2011 - Page 3 15cnj40

Last year, we started a tradition here on WCC. This time around, it will be the second annual WCC Halloween Costume Party! It will be held the Saturday before Halloween, as Halloween (sadly) falls on a Sunday, a night on which we won't be allowed to stay up, for school begins again the next day. Please, join us. I might even create a sitewide scavenger hunt for candy.

Also, I would appreciate it if you posted below what costume you are going to come in, just so there isn't any confusion, and we don't have 290536324857 ninjas or ghosts running around. It's gonna be fun, guys!! People go all out for this kind of thing!

A picture from Darkie, for last year:
WCC Halloween Party 2011 - Page 3 Happy_10

Costume avatars from Bloo:
WCC Halloween Party 2011 - Page 3 Hallow11WCC Halloween Party 2011 - Page 3 Hallow12
WCC Halloween Party 2011 - Page 3 Hallow13WCC Halloween Party 2011 - Page 3 Hallow20

So please, come have fun!! That's Saturday the 30th, folks! :3

~Rainy
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

WCC Halloween Party 2011 :: Comments

Shadow
Re: WCC Halloween Party 2011
Post Thu 6 Oct - 14:26 by Shadow
Halloween is definitely on a Monday ^^; it was on Sunday last year~
Snowy
Post Thu 6 Oct - 14:34 by Snowy
No,its Sunday every year
Shadow
Post Thu 6 Oct - 14:41 by Shadow
The 31st, right? That's on a Monday this year.. unless it's different where you live? o.o
Sleepy
Post Thu 6 Oct - 14:43 by Sleepy
It's not of the devil...? It used to be Pagan. And Irish O_o And now it's a day where children dress up and steal candy from people.

River Song and Amy. Ooooohhhhh lovely~
Mossy
Post Thu 6 Oct - 14:53 by Mossy
You think God likes stuff like zombies, kids dressing up as Devils etc.
Snowy
Post Thu 6 Oct - 14:55 by Snowy
Yeah.Halloween in Irish is OĆ­che Shamhna.I will give you a bit of Wikapedia,that will answer your questions.

Halloween (or Hallowe'en) is an annual holiday observed on October 31

Historian Nicholas Rogers, exploring the origins of Halloween, notes that while "some folklorists have detected its origins in the Roman feast of Pomona, the goddess of fruits and seeds, or in the festival of the dead called Parentalia, it is more typically linked to the Celtic festival of Samhain, whose original spelling was Samuin (pronounced sow-an or sow-in)". The name of the festival historically kept by the Gaels and celts in the British Isles which is derived from Old Irish and means roughly "summer's end".

Sleepy
Post Thu 6 Oct - 14:59 by Sleepy
Like I said, it was pagan.

I don't see the problem in zombies. They're mindless corpses trying to nom you to death and turn you into one of them, not too bad. But Halloween no longer tries to celebrate anything in North America anyways. It's just the time where you dress up, steal candy, punch the guy in the Haunted House in the balls, and then go home where all of your siblings jack your sh*t. Christmas and Easter used to be pagan too before it kind of... Changed into Christian holidays.
Snowy
Post Thu 6 Oct - 15:01 by Snowy
Ok,so lets get of the subject of religion.I hope there is going to be a WCC Candy Hunt (Well,I don't call them candy,I call them sweets because im not American or whatever)
Sleepy
Post Thu 6 Oct - 15:03 by Sleepy
Lolk.

A Candy Hunt would be cool. Let's just hope that it doesn't stay in all of those topics like the Easter Hunt cx
Moon
Post Thu 6 Oct - 15:12 by Moon
Mossie wrote:
You think God likes stuff like zombies, kids dressing up as Devils etc.

You can't bring religion into this. Halloween is what you want it to be. Candy, and ghosts, and witches, and children, and creepiness. . or a Pagan/Wiccan holiday. You don't know what God likes. And it's just people dressing up as fairytale creatures. Kids dressing up like devils does NOT represent THE devil.

I'm Christian & I love Halloween. :3
Mossy
Post Thu 6 Oct - 16:07 by Mossy
Candy hunt? Thinking what I'm thinking? If not, it's scary music.
Ebby
Post Thu 6 Oct - 18:20 by Ebby
I remember I Trick-or-Treated to this Christian lady's house, but she didn't support halloween... But I guess we looked all sad and stuffs... So she gaves us some of the shelled peanuts she was eating. o_O It was awesome. xD

... Wait? xD How did all we get into this... blah, whatver. o3o iz saturday before hallooweenie, right? kk
Flame
Post Thu 6 Oct - 18:37 by Flame
NOOOOO! I'm going somewhere that day! Can I be involed in the WCC halloween pic? I'll post my costume.
Rainy
Post Thu 6 Oct - 19:12 by Rainy
OHMYGRAVY!

If this is a religious issue for people, just don't participate, mmkay? ^^' We're gonna leave the religion out of this.
I'm Mormon, and my church actually has a Halloween party for this every year. So, uh, religion has nothing to do with it....

But Idk what happened with the date. The calendars I looked at lied to me, so I was confused. I'm not going back to edit it, y'all know what day it is, so moving on :3

I'MMA BE A RAINCLOUD WITH A LIGHTNING BOLT <3

WCC Halloween Party 2011 - Page 3 2ahw3dk

Last edited by Agent P on Mon 10 Oct - 20:40; edited 1 time in total
Flame
Post Thu 6 Oct - 19:46 by Flame
I' going to Horsemans Hollow with a friend. Just put me in the pic k?
Post  by Sponsored content

WCC Halloween Party 2011

Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next