Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Honestly..? Are we really that bad a community?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
not fish

not fish

Clan/Rank : Professional zombie.
Capricorn Buffalo
Number of posts : 6614

Honestly..? Are we really that bad a community? - Page 3 Empty
PostHonestly..? Are we really that bad a community?

There aren't very many websites that have members leave because they are uncomfortable with fighting that's going on. This site, unfortunately, is an exception.

I'm sickened. Absolutely sickened by all the fighting that's going on here. Snake had good reason to take a break. This site becoming more and more rapacious by the day.
I was even accused of being too much like Aura, using "his" smilies (>w<, :'D owo) too much. I myself have witnessed countless fights in the past few weeks. And I was involved in one.

In the Chatbox a few days ago, I was simply derping around with Ebster and Sleepy about Hetalia, because we like the show. It's a sort of anime comedy that most of the site didn't know about. But a short while after my arrival, two people (whom I will not name, you know who you are), one of which being an admin, began to question us about our interest in Hetalia. Eventually, it became an all-out fight. Other people in the Chatbox, who were just innocent bystanders, felt uncomfortable, and left. Accusations like "nerdgasms" and "yaoi fangirls" came out of these two. One of them even said we were "taking over the site with it", and if we wanted to talk about it, to "just leave and make our own site" Of course, we couldn't just stand there and resolve it calmly. We defended ourselves, for we were most certainly NOT taking over the site with it, and we weren't ignoring people by talking about it among each other. Hereafter, the two left, and so did I.

Can you see the nature of this site now, even not having been a part of these squabbles? >w>

Honestly..? Are we really that bad a community? - Page 3 I0CCm4
Back to top Go down
http://theassemblyofwcc.canadian-forum.com/
Share this post on: reddit

Honestly..? Are we really that bad a community? :: Comments

I hate the chat box it basicly became a forum for arguements! Also people can also hurt peoples feelings with even knowing it. Even if you say sorry. There is a lot of Wrong doings on this site I could say but I KNOW for a FACT I would get FLAMED!!!! Thats how bad this site is

Last edited by Walt Disney on Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 12:46; edited 1 time in total
Moon
Hope Quintel :3 wrote:
Flame- that's all over. It's the past. If it's not happening now, you shouldn't assume these types of things.

Another problem I'm seeing is "noobing" people. Noobing is when you just call a kit or new person a noob- without even talking to them at first. It's the internet's fault! I know I've been noobed a lot (I bet I'll be noobed on this topis sooner or later). It doesn't matter how long we've all been playing it (I could be older than the people noobing me for all I know!), but we all have opinions and we are all smart. You may even realize that some "noobs" or kits actually have inspiring things to say. I know I've experienced that.

"Let's just agree to disagree." (sorry- Looney Tunes Show quote)- we're all going to have different opinions on things- but we shouldn't diss each other or argue because of it.

Also, Dead. Part of your topic might even be fighting with the let's have peace thing. If someone feels like your taking over the site with it- it can mean they are feeling left out about something or feel uncomfortable like all the other people. It would be best to make that person comfortable instead of maybe lossing a member. I've debated whether I should leave or not sometimes.

THIS
I honestly don't agree with that. If you havn't noticed people on this site thinks its amusing to start arguements and people get there feelings hurt
Icee
I've heard a lot of this situation you know. I've also been ridiculed for my opinions by people. Like WoW for instance. You call me nerdy for liking WoW? Well we're on a forum where we roleplay cats. How much nerdier can you get.

Anyway, you say we're taking over the site with Hetalia, well what about ATA huh? Mostly when I come on the chatbox with people on that site, I see them going on about it. If you're flaming us for talking about Hetalia, we should have the right to flame you for talking about ATA. You know when you do that, I make up an excuse to get out of there, cause I'm not part of the conversation. There's not site for us to talk about Hetalia on right now, cause no one actually made on, while you have the chatbox on ATA to talk about it all you want.

Okay, the colour thing should stop because first off, Tiger's fur is an orange, if you actually read, not bright red, and second, cats can actually had red in their fur. Full on red is different, but red with a tinge of brown would be perfectly realistic. It's called google people, why not use it.

People haven't noticed, but I sure have. We're becoming bullies. Isn't that the thing we should all hate? If you really want to be a good person, then why not shut up and stop flaming people for their opinions. If no one flames me for liking WoW, or Doctor Who, or Hetalia, I won't flame them for their likes.

One more thing: We all say we want the fighting to stop, but look at all these posts. Doesn't look like a discussion to me. I'm going to go now so if you have anything important to say to me, just PM me, cause 1 post is enough from this person.
Thistle (Angel)
Re: Honestly..? Are we really that bad a community?
Post Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 13:04 by Thistle (Angel)
I agree. I don't want anymore fighting on this site, guys. Can we please try and clean up our act, because what sort of community are we if we are always fighting?
You people don't get that these kind of topics happened many times before and I for one have already givin up hope for this site last time..
Honey Badger
Post Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 13:14 by Honey Badger
I hate the fighting. I mean, I never do flame you guys for what you like, even thought I hate it when you talk about ATA in the WCC chatbox. I mean, I like God, Pokemon, Digimon, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Doctor Who, WoW, Generator Rex, Ben 10, Star Wars: The Clones wars, Bones, Psych, Castle, White Collar, Redwall, Winx...um..let see....I know I have more then that...Call of Dudy: Black OPS, and...that's about all I can think of...Man I know I like more then that. Oh, I like my cats...um...uh...come on...think Badger!...Singing...My Chemcal Romance, Christian music...um....yea that is about it. I mean, I think we shouldn't be flamed by what we like. I have lot of likes, and this fighting is getting on my nevers. Oh! And I like Dungeons and Dragons!
Snowy
Post Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 13:19 by Snowy
Yeah,I like MLP and Animes and at school I don't tell anyone I like MLP (Only Angel because she likes it to and she is my BFF) and whenever I say 'I like Animes and Manga' everyone looks at me like im speaking a foriegn launguge,except for Angel and another friend of mine.I have never flammed any one on this site (Except for Metal once or twice) But that was it.I am a nice person,and I could just wish that all these flame wars would just stop.
Sleepy
Post Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 13:31 by Sleepy
Lol guys. For one, Flame and Bramble, it's more revolving around the countries as a whole and not the leaders, kthxbai.

Honestly, I don't see as many flame wars as you guys are mentioning. Hetalia was the only thing I saw flamed. I may have voiced my dislike for WoW once or twice, but I'm not like all "fjsdgsdhsghsgdgs YOUR OPINION IS WRONG!".

You are kind of exaggerating this entire thing. Maybe this problem would stop if we started shanking people in the face.
not fish
Post Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 13:34 by not fish
Jay, I think you're just refusing to admit that you did anything wrong. I was upset about it, because it didn't seem like just a "little teasing" to me. People were leaving the chatbox because of it. But you know what? I'm not saying any more about this, because I abjure to continue this squabble. o3o;

Aside from that, WHICH WAS IN THE DAMN PAST AND SHALL NOT BE SPOKEN OF, just take a glance at Snake. He left the site because of all the fighting. What if more people decide to do that? I, for one, as a member having experienced and witnessed hurt feelings, feel as though I'd like to leave because of this sometimes. I'm sure others do as well- such as Hope. No, I am not throwing a pity party, for those of you who feel as though they need to state I am. However, Sleepy also has a point; but there could be fights going on as we speak, or have overlooked. For example, there has been flaming of religion plenty of times.. >w>

Overall, people should just be able to voice their intonation freely without a single mildly rude comment. That goes for interests, religion, etc. This should be made a rule, because honestly and sadly, it is a bigger issue than even trolls and spammers. Some people are stooping that low.

I am guilty of flaming people, and I've been the root of fights before. There. I admitted it. And I apologize. It's not only my will, but my Lord's will.
If you ever want to speak to me in a collected manner ever again, I suggest you all smarten up and make up. Stop acting like whining little children, and act like the adult you are slowly fitting into.
Sleepy
Post Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 13:39 by Sleepy
Also, don't abuse you shank-face powers or we'll shank you in the face
Hope
What about my comment- Moo? Do u like it or are you against it? I will take all criticism if u have any.

Dead- thank you for understanding my point.

I do understand that assumptions will always be made about everyone. Disregard my note about noobing. I heard from someone that everyone will always make assumptions about a person when they first meet them. Like if a person in a black winter hat runs down your street carrying a sack in the middle of summer, many people would make an assumption that he is a burglar, whether or not he is a burglar or just a hobo trying to catch the next bus.

Is this topic the reason the chat box is gone, or is something just wrong with my Internet?
Moon
Deadstar wrote:
Jay, I think you're just refusing to admit that you did anything wrong. I was upset about it, because it didn't seem like just a "little teasing" to me. People were leaving the chatbox because of it. But you know what? I'm not saying any more about this, because I abjure to continue this squabble. o3o;

Aside from that, WHICH WAS IN THE DAMN PAST AND SHALL NOT BE SPOKEN OF, just take a glance at Snake. He left the site because of all the fighting. What if more people decide to do that? I, for one, as a member having experienced and witnessed hurt feelings, feel as though I'd like to leave because of this sometimes. I'm sure others do as well- such as Hope. No, I am not throwing a pity party, for those of you who feel as though they need to state I am. However, Sleepy also has a point; but there could be fights going on as we speak, or have overlooked. For example, there has been flaming of religion plenty of times.. >w>

Overall, people should just be able to voice their intonation freely without a single mildly rude comment. That goes for interests, religion, etc. This should be made a rule, because honestly and sadly, it is a bigger issue than even trolls and spammers. Some people are stooping that low.

I am guilty of flaming people, and I've been the root of fights before. There. I admitted it. And I apologize. It's not only my will, but my Lord's will.
If you ever want to speak to me in a collected manner ever again, I suggest you all smarten up and make up. Stop acting like whining little children, and act like the adult you are slowly fitting into.

Yeah! There's an idea! Let's all say and do whatever we want without consequences! THAT will stop the fighting!
Hope
Good idea, Dead and Moo- but there's always going to be people that ignore that rule and continue the arguments.
Rainy
Post Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 14:59 by Rainy
Can we all just agree that there are some serious miscommunications on this site? ._. Hasn't something like this come up before? We just need to act mature, and handle things like it's real life.

Now, I realize that some peoples' feelings get hurt here. Everybody says things they don't mean, or that they mean and don't understand the impact they could be having. Think about it. The way all of us act on here is totally different from the way we act in real life. I know that I'm sooooo not a social butterfly. In fact, I argue with my mom sometimes over talking to people that I don't normally talk to for her.

Plus, you wouldn't go up to somebody you don't like and just say, "I hate you." Those are not manners. And it's just plain rude. Plus, that person probably wouldn't understand, and it might cause them to tell everybody, your reputation gets ruined, people don't look at you the same way, etc...

I might be overexagerrating, but honestly! I know we're all at just about the most emotional years of our lives (pre-teen, young teen), but we can control it. Like I've heard excuses (okay, sorry if this is getting really personal, but it comes up all the time) from girls about it being their time of month, so they have "an excuse to be grumpy." Know what I say to that? Bull-crap, dears. Bull crap. I've done my school's Aerobic Day with that, and yes, it sucks butt, but do we really need to use that as an excuse? It happens all the time; it's natural. You can handle it.

Umm.. As for the whole point of this issue, arguing is dumb. It hurts peoples' feelings, shows an ugly side of them nobody wants to see, and makes innocent bystanders feel icky (little kid alert). Also, from what I've heard, the majority of you in real life do not enjoy getting in fights, or even really talk that much. We can get defensive, yes, but if this were real life, then we wouldn't be saying anything.

I can hear the counter-arguments now. "But this isn't real life!" True, true. I know it isn't. But it should be treated like it's real life. We can be mature teens, pre-teens, children, whatever you want to be called. Actually, all the socially awkward people I know are the most trustworthy, mature people at school.

Okay, so I had to modify this due to new posts, and I saw what Moon said about Jay's comment. It's America. Yes, people have a right to what they want to say. Do we see politicians and celebrities running their mouths about others? ....Don't answer that.

First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America: One has freedom of speech, religion, press, and other things, yadda yadda, that's why the Constitution was created. One thing I learned about that kind of thing was that with rights come responsibilities. With this one, we have the responsibility of respecting others' opinions, and not flaming them for what they like/believe. However, I do think it is also respectful that if something offends somebody, they have the right to ask nicely for it to stop, and the offender must then choose to respect the person's wishes, or get in trouble.

Any questions, comments, or concerns? Or is this issue resolved? .3.

Honestly..? Are we really that bad a community?

Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next