Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Important Staff Changes! [Please Read]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

Characters : Nightstalker - Rom wuz here <3
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan Warrior
Number of posts : 1155

Important Staff Changes! [Please Read] Empty
PostImportant Staff Changes! [Please Read]

Hey everyone,

On behalf of the rest of the staff team, I want to come forward and make you all aware of some rather big shifts that have happened, and are happening here on WCC. First and foremost, I want to bring to everyone’s attention that after some really tough discussions, of which it wouldn’t be in good faith to share publicly, Reaper King has decided to step down from adminship. This wasn’t a choice made lightly, but it is ultimately in the best interest of the site going forward.

As we move forward, I also want to let everyone here know some immediate changes we’re going to be making to better our staff team. Our site has existed here for years as mostly just friends hanging out, but as we’ve expanded, our need for some more structure has become absolutely critical. One of the first things we’re going to be working on is an overall restructuring of the staff team. For the immediate future, this means we won’t have any big changes, but there may be some new roles added and existing roles may shift. Beta Testers, I hope you’re ready, because we’ll be leaning on you a lot for many of the changes that we have in mind.

Part of these changes are also going to include proper staff rules, regulations, and onboarding. We’ve mostly worked as a team that has gone with the “popular vote” in terms of how to handle situations, but we’ve learned that there are cases that we should have a go-to code on how to address situations. In having these staff guidelines and expectations, it means you all can expect much more consistent answers, and faster response times (trust me, I fully understand the frustration of having to wait for staff to get back to you on something)!

Staff onboarding was a part of a past phase of adminship, particularly during the time our friend Ripped was admin. She’s shared her process with us, and during our recent additions of staff, I’ve realized it’s certainly something that we once more need. So, going forward, all new members of staff will be going through a proper onboarding process to understand their roles, expectations, and where they can get help and resources. I’ve heard the concerns of my team that it feels a bit like being a fish out of water when you first join, and this is something that nobody should have to feel.
Speaking of staff onboarding: there’s going to be a really big shift as to just who we will be bringing onto our main staff team. Because of some of the much more serious incidents that staff has had to deal with recently, the decision has been made to no longer bring any minors onto full staff. We’ve unfortunately had to deal with situations that simply have legal implications which minors should not be part of, and I could not live with the idea of putting our younger members in harm's way. I want to make it clear though: we are not excluding our younger members from opportunities such as beta testers or High Ranks! If anything, we fully encourage you all to go for those roles. After all, you guys have proven time and time again to have fantastic ideas.

The way staff currently looks also may be changing! A couple members of the community have come to us with a very thorough document that gives some ideas on how staff could be reworked to be better, and we’re going to be taking it into account. Another role that I want to look at with the staff team involves our mini-mods in particular, because there is a lot of opportunity for them, and as the role currently stands I think it could be reworked to best let them shine! We currently have nothing concrete in the plans right now, but anything that we will look at will absolutely be involved in discussion with our current mini-moderators. A lot of what myself and the staff team wants to work on will take some time, but we wanted to share a bit on what's going on around our staff table!

We’re also going to be leaning a lot on our beta testers. For those who may not know, our beta testers are a group of active users who get first access to features that staff have been working on to test them to their limits! They help us figure out the things we may have missed, or are otherwise unclear on. As a response to many of our recent questions asking about rules to be clarified, or even our own realization that rules are missing or simply no longer make sense, we’re going to be looking at all of our rules for restructuring, clarification, and tweaking. Any of these changes are going to be very clearly stated to everyone, both in the form of an on-site announcement and Discord announcement.

I know this announcement has been a bit of a doozy, but bear with me, there’s only two points left. A lot of this has been focused on shedding light onto what we are actively going to be doing on staff, and that’s something that we want to continue improving on. There’s been a lot of information tucked away in our monthly newsletters, but going forward, we’re going to be making the most important information significantly easier to see. No more digging through the drop-downs or hoping you didn’t miss a link- we want to make sure the information is right there for you guys.

With all of this information, I want to make it really clear that we do hear everybody’s feedback. It can be really hard for us to come up with immediate fixes, because sometimes, a band-aid isn’t the best plan for something that requires a look at the bigger picture. So I also want to say thank you to everyone in our community who is right there with us in enjoying cat roleplay and getting into the more serious aspects of it!

For the last part of this announcement, I want to share who will be filling Reaper’s place as my co-admin. Having two administrators is something that we do on WCC to help bring balance to the power that inherently comes from the administrative role, and my choice stems from their ability to give great insight into almost every situation that has come our way since she has been a mod. So, I would like to announce our newest administrator:

Kitty!

As part of becoming an admin, Kitty has stressed that she wants to hear any and all feedback that our users have for her. Whether shared directly, or through our anonymous comments form, she wants to make sure everybody’s voice gets heard.

Thank you, everyone, for reading through this absolute essay of an announcement!

Important Staff Changes! [Please Read] Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
Nightstalker Tier 5 Warrior of Shadowclan
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Important Staff Changes! [Please Read] :: Comments

Chickenwing
Re: Important Staff Changes! [Please Read]
Post Sat 17 Feb 2024 - 23:02 by Chickenwing
Congrats Kitty! Sounds like y'all know where you're going and things are going pretty good — excited to see where the site goes and I hope all the sorting out isn't too difficult :) Modding and administration is a tough job, so wishing you luck!

Important Staff Changes! [Please Read]

Page 1 of 1