Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

hand in hand [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2953

hand in hand [c] Empty
PostSubject: hand in hand [c]   hand in hand [c] EmptyFri 29 Dec 2023 - 11:24

Poppyshine

The warrior code states to feed your clan first, but RiverClan was doing surprisingly well. Those that weren’t sick were thriving at the lake with all of its water territory, which made for easy fishing. They had an excess of prey at this point, and it was mostly herbs that required more gathering. Because of that, Poppyshine thought that she would try and help maintain RiverClan’s relationship with ThunderClan. Considering that their alliance with SkyClan was severed and war was still a possibility, Poppyshine wanted to keep things well-maintained…which should start with her actually speaking to Mottlestar for once.

Poppyshine approached Thunderclan’s claimed territory at the lake. There weren’t really official borders since everyone still lived relatively close to one another, but she still waited until she was acknowledged by ThunderClan warriors and let into their part of the territory. She went to where Mottlestar was stationed. She’d heard that the little leader was sick, and it was disheartening to see it in person. It’s bad enough seeing Perchstar that sick too.

She set down the fish she brought in front of Mottlestar and smiled. “Hi Mottlestar. I hope you don’t mind the visit. I wanted to bring a gift to you.” She pushed the fish a bit closer. “It’s alright if you don’t have an appetite, though.”
RiverClan • Tier 5 • Deputy • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #669966
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

hand in hand [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hand in hand [c]   hand in hand [c] EmptyFri 29 Dec 2023 - 15:42

Even on a good day, it was exhausting being a leader. Continuously being responsible for the clan's well-being was no small feat, and there were days that it certainly felt like she understood just why a leader had nine lives. Nine lives was simply a speck of dust compared to the grander scheme of the lives that walked through the forest. It was a speck even compared to those that lived within Thunderclan. On bad days, it felt like it took all of her soul to simply keep placing one paw in front of the other. Having been infected for long enough with whatever it was that had descended upon the Clans, almost every day since arriving to the Lake had been a bad one. She wanted to rest so, so incredibly badly, but there was simply no way for her to do so.

As her head slowly fell forward from the tiny tortoiseshell drifting off in her moment of silence, it was a gentle prrt~? that came as an unusual scent filled her nose. Well, not all that unusual. She'd been used to Riverclan scent from how much time she spent with Perchstar, as well as how much she'd spent looking out for Murkyripple, but-Was that? No. It was simply her mind playing tricks on her again.

Forcing the hallucination away from reality, a smile crept onto her maw as she realized exactly who it was. "Poppyshine, hello!" Her voice was hoarse from both illness and slight lack of use. Though for the excitement that she had for a heartbeat, she couldn't help but feel suspiciously fearful that something else had gone wrong. Still, she shoved that away as the gift was set at her paws, and for just a moment, it looked as if the tortoiseshell was going to tear up. "Aww... you didn't need to." Though she wasn't much of one for fish, it was a taste she'd begun to acquire. Prey was special these days, even if the Lake seemed to be rather plentiful. It was still leafbare, and the land-prey didn't need to be told twice to cozy up away from the cold. Bringing the fish closer, she gestured for the deputy to sit down by her as she herself settled onto her paws to enjoy the meal.

When had she last eaten? That was a question she didn't know the answer to. Either way, a thankful mrr rumbled in crackled webs as she savored the fresh kill. "Thank you. Are you well? ... What do I owe the visit?" She felt bad she didn't have something of her own to share with the deputy, but she could at least push herself for some pleasant conversation. Poppyshine's warm aura reminded the tortoiseshell much of her own: ever-caring and motherly. If anything, she was glad that Perchstar had the calico at her side. That nurturing spirit would be useful to any clan.

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

hand in hand [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hand in hand [c]   hand in hand [c] EmptyMon 1 Jan 2024 - 9:34

Poppyshine

Poppyshine smiled brightly at Mottlestar as she settled down with her. She was glad that the gift was taken well. Fish was not a common delicacy for other clans, and Poppyshine wasn’t sure if it would be an insult to present it to the other leader.

“I just wanted to visit and make sure you were doing well,” Poppyshine replied. “Perchstar would have wanted to come too, but she’s not feeling well. I made her stay in her nest.” She wouldn’t reveal just how badly Perchstar was doing, but it made her anxious to think about. “I hope you’re taking care of yourself. It seems like the clans have settled in nicely at this new territory.” Poppyshine looked over her shoulder at the areas in view. She still missed the forest. She wondered if they would ever be able to return.
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

hand in hand [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hand in hand [c]   hand in hand [c] EmptyTue 2 Jan 2024 - 18:26

Truth be told, it didn't take long at all for the tortoiseshell leader to entirely scarf down the prey. Part of the illness had been a slightly numbed sensation to her tastebuds, which was probably for the best. She hadn't ever been a cat to have much of a taste for fish, having a rather significant preference for the slightly earthen taste of squirrel. However, something about not having to worry about pulling tufts of squirrel fur from her tongue made the catch all the more appealing to Mottlestar. It took so much less effort to eat, even if the quiet crinch! of fish bones occasionally echoed inside her maw.

An amused chuff sounded as she heard exactly why it was that the calico was the one currently delivering her a 'get well soon' meal, and not the leader she'd come to grow so close to. "Stars... you sound just like me." Times of her own kithood when she'd practically shamed Stoatfur into staying in his nest to take a nap came to her memory, the fondness causing a comfortable warmth to settle in her chest. It was followed up by those of her pushing her own mate to take the time to try and get well, which seemed to zap that warmth with sharp teeth that almost threatened to make the leader frown. Still, it was nothing but friendliness that stayed upon her features.

"We're lucky to have found something like home," Though she spoke at a somewhat slower than her normal vocal tambre, at least all of her words came through. Perhaps it was thanks to the oily coating of the fish that her throat didn't burn so much, which had been the main culprit to her pauses. "How are the waters for Riverclan? Must be good, as you have access to fish again. That's a relief." A gentle sigh followed the phrasing, punctuating the fact that she had in fact been worrying about her allies. "We'll go back home soon, once most of us have recovered." It was spoken for Poppyshine, certainly, but the comforting sentence was also for the Thunderclan leader herself. It was her reason to keep fighting the illness that currently sent a flash of heat through her despite the cooler leafbare air.

"Is there anything Thunderclan can give to help? Are you also taken care of, Poppyshine?" She'd ask the exact same questions to Perchstar, there was no doubt about that. As depressing as a thought as it was... there would be a day in which she'd be talking to Poppystar. There was nothing on the tortoiseshell's agenda that would result in her wishing to sever her ties to Riverclan in that event, and if anything, it simply made this conversation more beneficial for her to build those ties to Riverclan's deputy, too.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

hand in hand [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hand in hand [c]   hand in hand [c] EmptySun 7 Jan 2024 - 10:28

Poppyshine

It was funny watching Mottlestar try to eat the fish. RiverClan cats knew how to eat fish properly that they took for granted how easy it was to miss fish bones, so the occasional crunch from the ThunderClan leader made Poppyshine smile a little bit. She replied, “It’s been quite the relief. Honestly, the fresh drinking water is nicer to have than being able to fish again—but having both is great.” The assurance that they’ll be going home eventually also makes Poppyshine smile. She had been trying to convince herself of that, but hearing it from someone else was a great help.

She thought about the offer for a moment. “I am being taken care of, thank you…Our medicine cats have been having trouble in healing everyone, though. Sandyshell and Wrenpaw are both sick, Wrenpaw even more so…They have been trying to heal themselves so they can treat the rest of the clan but it has left them with little time to do research about a cure. If you would not mind, we would love any information that your medicine cats have not already shared about what herbs are or are not useful.”
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

hand in hand [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hand in hand [c]   hand in hand [c] EmptyMon 8 Jan 2024 - 20:08

Truth be told, the tortoiseshell leader had not entirely considered the full extent of having a poor water supply would have on a Clan. It turned her face particularly grim for a moment as the reality of Poppyshine's statement sunk into her mind, which created an odd dichotomy even as Poppyshine still kept her happy look. "I... am sorry. I ... didn't realize... just how bad it'd be." If anything, that alone was what had made this journey worth it. Part of her heart almost splintered at just how much joy it brought the Riverclan deputy to simply have access to clean water, a right that Mottlestar firmly believed any cat had. Tears flecked in her eyes for just a heartbeat at that idea, but she had to shove it all down. It would do no use to cry in front of her allies for a pain that they had been the ones to feel. Not her.

It made Mottlestar frown once more, though, to hear of the illness falling upon the shoulders of their medicine cats. Fawnshine and Echosong were ran almost down to their bones at the moment, so she could only image just how it was going for a Clan whose medicine cats were also struggling. "Of course. I.. do not know at the moment. I have refused herbs to make sure my clanmates get them." If only that wasn't the situation that they had to deal with, but... here they were. It seemed there was no shortage of hardships. "I will be sure to have Fawnshine or Echosong come by when they can. If not... one of my warriors who are well. They will bring the news." Mottlestar nodded, punctuating her promise with the physical gesture. "Last I knew... pieces of what they brought were working... but have not fully curved this beast of an illness yet." It was the honest update to her knowledge. "I worry we did not adequately prepare... but Starclan will hopefully be on our side." The tortoiseshell mused out loud.

Turning her head to cough, it left the leader wheezing afterwards as she blinked away some of the haziness that always followed such a harsh fit. "Pardon me... I am still so glad to see you. True allies... so rare these days. ... I hope Perchstar does not fault herself too hard for Skyclan's... well... stupidity."

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

hand in hand [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hand in hand [c]   hand in hand [c] EmptyTue 9 Jan 2024 - 10:39

Poppyshine

Poppyshine smiled throughout their conversation, not noticing the momentary pain on Mottlestar’s face when she mentioned the water. She nodded appreciatively that Mottlestar would check with her medicine cats, and Poppyshine understood if they would be unable to. Her smile was finally wiped off her face when Motlestar turned to SkyClan.

Skyclan’s stupidity? Poppyshine wondered and her face felt suddenly hot. She thought Perchstar had only spoken to her about it…Then again, a lot of RiverClan knew about Beechfang being alive by now, even if the conversation about war had not been revealed. It’s possible that Mottlestar had spotted Beechfang during the travel.

She swallowed awkwardly. “I…hope not either,” she mumbled. “You…So you know about some of the things going on with SkyClan?”
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

hand in hand [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hand in hand [c]   hand in hand [c] EmptyMon 5 Feb 2024 - 19:26

At Poppyshine's question, a particularly deep frown crossed the tortoiseshell's face. "I have been unfortunately privy." There had been much that she'd learned about the other Clan that had a particular affinity to trees, and truth be told, it simply soured her emotions. "Perchstar may not have told you yet... but they've been rather bad about being kind to us, too."

As a wave of exhaustion washed over the ill tortoiseshell, she fought to place her head against her paws. "A patrol went even past the Fallen Oak-our contested border-over prey. Didn't even blink twice... and the patrol-lead took one of my lives in unnecessary bloodshed." It wasn't like her to so easily admit such a defeat; but this was Perchstar's deputy. She'd need to know for why Thunderclan marched with them, and this was information that was harmless enough to share with her directly.

"...Forgive me, though... this sickness catches me still. I'm... quite drowsy. Do you need any rest before you go..? Anything Thunderclan may help with..?" She asked ernestly, at least hoping to be hospitable as she gave the slight suggestion that she desperately needed to rest.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hand in hand [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hand in hand [c]   hand in hand [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

hand in hand [c]
Page 1 of 1