Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

hand in unlovable hand [beechfang]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Muggy

Muggy

Characters : [B]Briarkit
Clan/Rank : [B]WindClan Kit
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 672

hand in unlovable hand [beechfang] Empty
PostSubject: hand in unlovable hand [beechfang]   hand in unlovable hand [beechfang] EmptyWed 10 Aug 2022 - 9:43

Fogpaw
Fogpaw and Plumpaw were completely out of catmint. Despite it being in the height of greenleaf, the terrible rain and wind were resulting in some very sick cats— most notably Trufflesnap. Fogpaw had never seen a cat so incredibly ill in his life. He’s honestly surprised she had managed to survive and overcome her greencough; so incredibly grateful, but surprised nonetheless.

There hasn’t been a moment of respite for either Plumpaw or Fogpaw, nor a moment of reprieve from sick SkyClanners and washed up Shadowclanners. Fuzzybelly could help, and he had, but even he could only offer so much in the way of alleviating the stress. Plumpaw had to watch over the medicine den— that’s all she seemed to do, it seemed. Sit and watch and care for others while Fogpaw ran around and did whatever he wanted.

The gray tom huffed. Beechfang, while she had gone back to sulking around twolegplace, refused to let her children flounder by themselves. Fogpaw had of course argued that they were getting along just fine, but his mother of course didn’t listen to a word— Fogpaw was to meet her at the borders at Sunrise, no matter how cloudy. Let Plumpaw be the sole medicine cat for a day, she had Fuzzybelly anyway. Beechfang needed to mentor her son.

Fogpaw had refused, groaned and whined, but he still came when she said he should. His large paws were muddied from the short trip and his pelt was damp, which only added to the medicine cat apprentice’s annoyance. He was wet, irritated, and now close to twoleg nests— some could come and take him away at any moment.

”Beechfang, you better be around here! I’m not waiting any more than you’re forcing me to.”

Last edited by Muggy on Sat 13 Aug 2022 - 19:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5634

PostSubject: Re: hand in unlovable hand [beechfang]   hand in unlovable hand [beechfang] EmptyThu 11 Aug 2022 - 9:17

"Was starting to think I'd have to go to camp and drag you out of your nest." Came the dry response to Fogpaw's whining, as Beechfang slid from beneath a bush. "I’d hate to have to trespass." She’d left after bringing Dovefrost’s body to camp and taking a bit of time to mourn with her kits... And it had been much harder to leave a second time. Even being near Skyclan’s territory, her paws itched to feel the familiar stone and dirt beneath her paws instead of the twolegplace and its strange environments. Moons she had spent there, but it wasn’t home. It never would be. She’d already missed so much of her kits growing up. And when she’d finally returned to camp, her daughter had been horrendously ill.

"How are you? And Trufflepaw?" She worried for both of them, if for different reasons. Trufflepaw for the obvious sickness, and Fogpaw... Medicine cat apprentice. He and Plumpaw both. What a strange thought that was. She and Dovefrost had both trained as warriors before becoming medicine cats. Dovefrost had learned to be at peace with it, she reflected, or at least, more at peace with it than Beechfang had ever been. Still, neither had wanted it at first. It seemed to Beechfang a common trend, as she remembered Mossbloom recounting her interrupted warrior ceremony, Cinderpaw’s awkwardness. She had met very few medicine cats that seemed to come into the role by their own volition. Muddythorn, her former apprentice, had genuinely surprised her with wanting to be a medicine cat over a warrior. He’d done well, though, and now he was gone. Just like all the others. Beechfang shook her head at the thought. Skyclan being without a proper medicine cat for as long as they had been was unfortunate. She and Dovefrost had done what they could to help, but it wasn’t like they could go back to the role without just immediately needing to look for another apprentice, and that was aside from the codebreaking and unhappiness that had led to the two leaving the role to begin with. It was good to see Skyclan had cats to take up the mantle again, and Beechfang hoped things might be different with them. Still, it worried her.

"So... Medicine cat. What set you on this path?" It was an unforgiving, often thankless path, one filled with heartache that seemed to far outweigh the good, at times. And to watch family become so ill, with such little training... It was draining, both mentally and physically, as well as emotionally. She had been very careful when taking on an apprentice to ensure that becoming medicine cat was something that they wanted, and they they understood all that the task entailed. She would ensure her kits had the same understanding. She didn't want to scare Fogpaw off, but she also didn't want him to wind up as bitter as she had been.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Characters : [B]Briarkit
Clan/Rank : [B]WindClan Kit
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 672

PostSubject: Re: hand in unlovable hand [beechfang]   hand in unlovable hand [beechfang] EmptyFri 12 Aug 2022 - 20:09

Fogpaw
Fogpaw just snorted, stance relaxing as his mother slid into view. Stars, she was just as dry as he was— Fogpaw was starting to think the attitude was inherited, as Beechfang had been out of commission for a large portion of Fogpaw’s life. Part of him was still searingly angry over it, but he was starting to suspect his new line of work was affecting him; a lot of his spite had recently dulled down to simple distaste. He had spent moons upon moons cursing Beechfangs name only to fall back into her embrace the second she paraded back into his life, but Fogpaw couldn’t have expected anything else of him. He always worried that she’d break him down one fateful day, though maybe not this quickly.

”Trufflesnap is fine. She’s almost fully recovered now— out of the medicine den and into the warriors’. I even came to her ceremony, which was huge coming from me.” He responded clippily, answering her second question first in order to gather his thoughts on how exactly he had been doing. He hadn’t thought much of himself at all these days. ”I’ve been worse. Plumpaw’s just fine, though she tends to avoid me. We’re getting along swimmingly without a mentor— in fact, we might as well have one, with Fuzzybelly breathing down our necks. A little too friendly for his own good, I think.. I curse this thick coat you’ve given me, however; rain sticks to me like burrs. I’ve been nothing but soaking wet for what feels like moons now.” Perfect answer, in his opinion. Casually skirt across her invasive question and move onto something a lot less sensitive, like the weather.

Of course Beechfang wouldn’t let it up.

What set you on this path had Fogpaw frozen in place. Should he just tell her? Admit that she was why, that he wanted nothing more as a kit than to break what felt like a promise to her; don’t become a medicine cat, Fogkit. It brings nothing but suffering.

She was right. It was starting to really irritate him.

”I— I can hardly remember why, truly. I was very young.” Fogpaw replied in a low voice, green eyes trained on a rock near his paws. ”I think it was because I felt like I could do it better than any other mouse-brain could.”

None of that was entirely a lie. He was just an angry, motherless kit.

Last edited by Muggy on Sat 13 Aug 2022 - 19:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5634

PostSubject: Re: hand in unlovable hand [beechfang]   hand in unlovable hand [beechfang] EmptySat 13 Aug 2022 - 19:06

Trufflesnap. Another of her kits grown, another milestone she hadn't been there to witness with pride. "I'm glad she's alright. I'm sorry. I should've been there." Cloverheart had deserved her fate... Had she? Had she really? As the moons passed, as she had to watch from the fringes, only receiving information on her family every once in a while... Beechfang wasn't so sure. But this was her punishment, and she would bare it, no matter how painful.

"Fuzzybelly is certainly... outgoing." She muttered, vividly remembering Briarthorn's kitting. "He's competent, as was his mentor Basilbloom. She's a good cat." She hadn't heard of her friend retiring or anything, but from the recent harsh winds and rain, and Shadowclan being swept into Skyclan's territory, Beechfang could only hope that she was alright. Selfishly however, she wanted to focus on other things, not the wellbeing of a Shadowclanner. Trufflesnap was okay. Fuzzybelly was helping her kits learn. But Fuzzybelly was hardly more than a kit, and there were plenty of things he'd likely never experienced before. Beechfang would make sure her kits knew everything that she did.

His complaints about their shared long fur drew a soft laugh from Beechfang. "You can blame your grandmother for the thick pelt, stars know I hated it when the greenleaf sun was burning the forest. At least the forest isn't on fire this greenleaf. When you burn your pawpads in the shade, you know it's bad. I suppose the river's not in danger of drying up now." Quite the opposite, if Beechfang had to guess. It had been raining plenty, the humidity making her pelt poofy and uncomfortable. "You'll welcome it come the snows of leafbare." She added, turning. "Come." She beckoned Fogpaw to follow with a flick of her tail, leading him through the quiet thunderpaths. The morning rush of monsters going to and fro and subsided, and most twolegs left their nests during the day. She knew the gardens that had herbs, and the ones that were free of yappy dogs that didn't know not to mess with clan cats.

"It's a difficult path. Not one any cat should have to undertake unwillingly." She sighed, "And I've seen enough family destroyed by a position of leadership they thought they wanted for a lifetime. When the time comes for you or your sister to take an apprentice, be careful. Be selective. An unwilling cat will hurt the clan. So will an overly ambitious cat who is in over their head. A higher rank that is suffering from burnout will need more help than they can provide their clanmates." Spottedleap and Wolfcall had left the clan, not before Beechfang had seen both of them worn down and exhausted. She hadn't known Spottedleap all that well, but she'd seen her grandfather struggle under the weight of leadership, and the way that weight had crushed him. Her father too, and sometimes she'd wondered if Bloodstrike's stubbornness was more of a curse than a blessing. "Just... Be careful. If being a medicine cat is truly the path you wish to walk, I can respect that. Helping your clanmates is a worthy goal, but it's stressful and exhausting. Starclan exists to test your patience and offer as little help as possible, usually. It's not for everyone, and that's okay. Being a warrior isn't for everyone, either. Muddythorn hated it and thrived as medicine cat, though I couldn't understand why at the time." She'd been far too bitter and jaded, at the time. But he'd done well and had the patience and attentiveness to do so.

Beechfang fell silent as she led her son through the maze of twoleg paths, pawsteps finally coming to a stop sometime later. "The nests here don't have dogs, and the twolegs within are usually gone during the day. Even in leafbare you can find herbs in somewhat better shape than they would be in the forest, and twolegs seem to like having the more useful herbs such as tansy and catmint in their gardens. Why I don't know, they never seen to actually pick the herbs themselves. Lavender is common, and coneflower can be found too, Basilbloom's dreams led us to the great garden where I was the one who found it, but I've seen it among the small gardens surrounding nests, too. Come the heavy rains, snow and cold, it can help prevent cats from getting sick, thus helping spare your more precious herb stock." The garden directly in front of them was lined with a fence, with various plants around the edges of it. Several of the ones she'd named were present. She didn't know what Skyclan's herb store looked like at the moment, but if the rains had been hitting the forest as hard as they had been hitting twolegplace, it was likely that some of their plants wouldn't be fit for medicinal uses. Twolegs, as strange as they were, seemed to like keeping their gardens healthy, meaning the plants here had been sheltered from much of the recent bad weather.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hand in unlovable hand [beechfang]   hand in unlovable hand [beechfang] Empty

Back to top Go down

hand in unlovable hand [beechfang]
Page 1 of 1