Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Can I Please Stop Trying[Open Death Topic]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3220

Can I Please Stop Trying[Open Death Topic] Empty
PostSubject: Can I Please Stop Trying[Open Death Topic]   Can I Please Stop Trying[Open Death Topic] EmptyWed 13 Dec 2023 - 5:25

Please, I’m trying, I really am

She was supposed to be getting better.

Cinderpaw was curled up in her nest, trying her best to breathe. It was already morning, and she had promised Crocusfrost that she would meet her outside for training. She was supposed to go get some herbs from Fawnshine before as well. She had to get up.

The speckled she tried pushing herself to her paws, but moving even one of her paws was like trying to lift a rock. It was almost as if she no longer had paws. Why couldn't she feel her paws? Her flanks heaved as she fought for breath. Her head was so woozy, as if she had thistle down in there. She tried to stand again, but her body was no longer responding to her. Sleep was dragging her down, tightening around her lungs and squeezing the air out of her. It was as if there was a huge boulder on top of her. Her breaths becames wheezes as she struggled, try oh so hard to get air inside of her. Why wasn't it working? Tears trickled down her face as she squeezed her eyes shut and tried again and again to breathe. The world was swimming again, tipping dangerously to the side, and her mind seemed to be spiralling.

No. no. She had promised Crocusfrost! She- where was her mentor? She opened her eyes again, ignoring how the world spiralled and rippled like water. She didn't want to sleep. It was as if she knew that if she did, she would never wake up again. Choke. she was choking, drowning though there was no water. The water was inside of her, taking the place of where air should have been. The apprentice couldn't wail, only lay there in her nest wheezing. Where was Crocusfrost? Please, please, she had to stay alive. She cried out to StarClan, praying for another chance. I've done nothing wrong! I just want to live...

The world started to fade, slipping out of her grasp. Her head felt lighter than ever, and still she struggled for breath. Sleep finally closed in around her, warm and soft and comforting. This time, she didn't fight it, and let it take her away. Her eyes closed one last time, but not before she caught a glimpse of a cat rushing towards her. Crocus...frost...?

I'm sorry. I tried, really I did. But I don't want to try anymore.

kiikko

Characters : Sleepyhollow | Echosong | Foxtrot | Fawneye | Stagpaw | Weaver
Clan/Rank : WC |TC | SkC | RC | SC
Aries Dragon
Number of posts : 682

Can I Please Stop Trying[Open Death Topic] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I Please Stop Trying[Open Death Topic]   Can I Please Stop Trying[Open Death Topic] EmptyWed 13 Dec 2023 - 18:31

EOh, look who it is! The boy savior
It had been Echosong to rush toward the apprentice first. He was in the midst of giving Moonstone instructions to an npc apprentice when he heart the strangled breathing of Cinderpaw. The tom moved fast but not fast enough, by the time he had flipped the apprentice onto her back, her chest had stopped rising and her heart no longer beat. Another cat lost to a sickness he couldn't cure...

He expected sadness, but all he felt was anger. At himself, at whoever spread the star forsaken illness. After a long moment of silence, the tom grabbed her as best he could by the scruff and moved her out to the center area of their nests. There his clan mates would share tongues with the apprentice one last time before her burial tomorrow. Echosong licked the top of her head once before stepping back to allow others through,

"Sleep well, may we meet again in the stars."
he whispered, "I'm sorry for not being able to save you."

He could only hope Cinderpaw would forgive him when he entered Starclan.

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner