Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Until My Last Breath [OPEN DEATH TOPIC]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1478

Until My Last Breath [OPEN DEATH TOPIC] Empty
PostSubject: Until My Last Breath [OPEN DEATH TOPIC]   Until My Last Breath [OPEN DEATH TOPIC] EmptySun 14 May 2023 - 5:05

Duskflight

The moon was bright that night. Casting its luminescence down to the marshlands of ShadowClan, it shone through spots where darkness lay, forcing itself through the thorned branches that shielded the camp and past the canopy of pine trees. The wind would rustle where it shone, just barely ruffling the fur of resting felines that lay at peace in the protected space. A dark-pelted figure blended in with the silhouette of the very night that lay above them, his chest rising and falling with each gentle breath. Death's presence loomed upon the unsuspecting elder, creeping up on him as he lay at rest. For him, it would be just a night like any other, yet for all that he didn't know—it would be the very moment when his existence would be stolen from the cruel hands of nature.

It started with an ordinary cough. He wished not for Swiftheart to ever worry, so he hid it from her, distancing himself from his clanmates as much as he could. Those who knew him personally would notice his frequent absence from Gatherings, his reluctance in taking more prey for himself, and his growing distance towards the growing clan. He hardly went outside, if at all, other than mandatory times when he needed to in order to survive. What he didn't recognize was, however, that the cough had soon grown into something untreatable while he had concealed them from his clanmates. The same reason woke him up from his sleep, leaving his fur bristling as he awoke to cough violently. In such times, he would force himself to his paws and slip away from the den to not disturb the others; though this time, something was different.

He couldn't get up.

Grunting, he tried again, paws uncurling as he poorly attempted to lift himself and rise to his paws. It lasted for only a few seconds or so before he collapsed back onto the moss bed, panting. He had experienced many times of similar exhaustion before, but never had it been so severe such as this one. Gritting his teeth, his tail gave a sharp flick before he attempted again, and again, only to fail once more. Why was this happening? It was something he couldn't decipher right away, the survival instincts kicking in him to force himself to rise and pad to the medicine den to treat himself. He opened his maw to call for help, or at least some sort of assistance from whichever cat was near—but it only came out as a soft wheeze. He coughed again, feeling his chest tighten and throat run dry from exhaustion. Something came arising in his throat, and the following cough made him snap back in alarm, eyes widening again at the sight of the substance that lay before him: blood.

He was too late now.

"Ah," He mused to himself, his voice unintentionally hushed to a raspy whisper. So this it it. Crawling back inside the elders' den, he coughed again, hiding his tremble as he rested himself upon the familiar moss bed he had always laid in since his retirement. Starclan is coming for me. The thought, strangely enough, occurred as both a relief and concern for him. The sight of his mate flashed by his vision as he closed his eyes, laying his head down between his paws. I can't just leave her here. Not like this. Yet, still, he knew better than to risk his ability not being able to say anything at all. His throat was sore enough, he could not try more if he tried.

The numbing sensation of death crept up from the tip of his tail up to his limbs, scratching at his ears as the warmth slowly pulls from them. It came slow, yet steady, washing over him like a soothing dream. Had I done everything I could? He reminisced back to his earliest memories, ones where he had been a simple, bright-minded apprentice with the hope of contributing to the clan as much as he could. From the first scars earned from battles, the training sessions he had been through with Emberleap, to the forever-engraved names of Murkystar and Froststar; how he had fought against the Dark Forest and how they had taken his friends' and families' lives away from him—every single moment, he did not forget. He could not forget. How their presence lifted him up from his sorrows, how such a simple name could brighten up his name; from his first kits that have grown and lost, to the shaking events that swept them away from their homes; how Nightstar had trusted him to appoint him as part of the council members then retired him... All the way up until now.

Such memories flashed through his mind, leaving him breathless as his whiskers quivered under his last gasping respires. He felt his eyes grow wet with tears, and with one last quiet inhale, he whispered under his breath. "I have done everything I can for this clan. Thank you for letting me serve this far, ShadowClan."

And with that, Duskflight closed his eyes, allowing the gentle grasp of death to grace him and lift his soul up to StarClan.

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T2 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2424

PostSubject: Re: Until My Last Breath [OPEN DEATH TOPIC]   Until My Last Breath [OPEN DEATH TOPIC] EmptyThu 18 May 2023 - 20:34

Snowfoot was in the elders’ den, alone with Duskflight as the moon shone down. Being an elder was different, but tonight everything seemed to be okay. Tonight was no different from the last several nights to Snowfoot, as she stirred awake to the sound of her denmate’s breathing.

His breathing hadn’t been steady since before her retirement. Lately, though, it seemed to be getting worse. To be honest, she wondered if it was much worse than he let on. She’d call it motherly intuition if he weren’t older than her, but something wasn’t right here.

As Duskflight entered another of his coughing fits, Snowfoot rolled over onto her side and cast a glance his way. He didn’t get up.

Her eyes widened as he struggled. Snowfoot was frozen in shock. She’d seen cats die before her eyes before, but never like this, ripped away by the claws of an unseen force. Her claws dug into the floor as her mind screamed for her to get up and help him and her body wouldn’t listen. Should she get a medicine cat? Was there anything they could do?

And then she smelled blood.

“StarClan, what’s going on?” she whispered. But Snowfoot knew the answer. He would die tonight, and she would be just across the den. Swiftheart would soon learn of their loss, and they’d cry together. Gently, Snowfoot coaxed her paws into motion and lay down closer to Duskflight. She offered him a knowing glance. I’ll tell her you love her. A tear trailed down her muzzle.

Slowly, the living cat before her changed into a cold shell. This was the end of his story.

His chest fell one last time, and did not rise again. She heard his dying words and, despite knowing he was already gone, she whispered back. “You have done everything you could and more, Duskflight. ShadowClan will remember your name.”

Snowfoot got up then, and padded out into the moonlight clearing, her gaze sweeping the camp for a familiar white pelt. “Swiftheart?”
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2868

PostSubject: Re: Until My Last Breath [OPEN DEATH TOPIC]   Until My Last Breath [OPEN DEATH TOPIC] EmptySat 20 May 2023 - 22:58

Swiftheart just returned from a hunt.  It went well enough as she had caught a frog and some mice.  She put them on the pile but her ears perked as her name was spoken.  Turning she saw her good friend Snowfoot.  A quiet purr in greetings as she walked over to Snow... but already she could see on her friends face something was wrong.

"snowfoot? what are you doing out so late...?" she whispered worriedly.  She was seeing clearly the distress on her friends face.

The faint scent of blood caught her attention.  Dropping everything she ran to where it was coming from.  Only to find the body of her mate lying there still and cold.  She felt like she had just been punched in the gut as she fell to his side.  His cold touch sent chills down her back and she felt tears streaming down her face.

"Duskflight?" she shook him gently wanting this to just not be real.

But he was gone clearly.  She lost it completely and broke into quiet sobs as she burried her nuzzle into his soft fur that was now chilling cold.

"No dont leav- her voice was cut off as she felt her throat get all tight and blocked from it all.

She stayed by his side the rest of the night and didn't sleep at all.  She hadn't remembered this amount of pain ever before.  

"I love you" she finally was able to whisper to him... not that he would ever get to hear that but she still felt it was important to say.

She sat up slowly as first light topped the trees shining into the camp.

"I could not have asked for a better mate. I am blessed that you agreed to spend your time here with me." she added on in a quivering voice that was cracking and broken.

She looked over to her friend snowfoot and was clearly trembling and on the verge of collapse.
"Snowfoot?" she whispered

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T2 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2424

PostSubject: Re: Until My Last Breath [OPEN DEATH TOPIC]   Until My Last Breath [OPEN DEATH TOPIC] EmptyFri 9 Jun 2023 - 19:44

Snowfoot looked at Swiftheart, her voice breaking. “He loved you,” she said. “His memory will live on, I’ll make sure of that.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Until My Last Breath [OPEN DEATH TOPIC]   Until My Last Breath [OPEN DEATH TOPIC] Empty

Back to top Go down

Until My Last Breath [OPEN DEATH TOPIC]
Page 1 of 1